Getting Banned for using PG-13 language?!?!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

multiplat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By multiplat
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts

You are forewarned, there is an ultra sensitive Civ 5 forum moderator on Steam... hahahha , this made my day. Don't dare think of using the following profanities, lest you alert his/her "circumventing language filter" wrath!

1) f'n

2) gtfo

3) damn

4) damn camel

5) failure to capitalize the "B" in Brazillian

I seriously don't know which one of the above it is that triggered it.

It cannot be a Steam thing, because much worse is said on other Steam game forums, ... basically on Civ, u must act SUPER CIVILIZED..... bc afterall there must be tons of 5 yr olds playing Civ.

A warning from a forum moderator — Jan 2 @ 9:02amWarning in Sid Meier's Civilization V Discussions forum

Your post "Sid Meier's Civilization V General Discussions" is in violation of our Community Rules and Guidelines:

f'n brazillian caravan (who i am "guarded" with Brazil), entered their damn camel caravans on my territory, YET, when i enter with my troops on a brazillian tile, it is a declaration of war? what a double standard, gtfo my tiles!!

Reason:

Circumventing the language filter.
Feel free to repost without circumventing.

Our Community Rules and Guidelines article contains more specific information, along with some of our reasoning behind these decisions. A warning isn't a ban, but a friendly reminder to please follow the rules when participating in Steam Discussions. Continuing to violate our rules may result in a ban.

*In addition to this warning, your post may have also been deleted

Bush_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Bush_Dog
Member since 2017 • 294 Posts
@multiplat said:

5) failure to capitalize the "B" in Brazillian

Unforgivable.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

I repeat, forums should have a type of breathalyser before you're allowed to post.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

The answer is pretty obvious.

What part of "[No] circumventing the language filter" do you not understand?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Obvious answer is obvious. Their forums, their rules.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Why the fucks would you even bother with Steam Forums? I just buy games, play them, uninstalled them, and move to the next game.

And it doesn't matter what forum site you go, you sign the dotted line TOU and whatever rules they have, you must obey there rules or GTFO. Gamespot forums rules is no different.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

them's the rules, man, you should f'n obey them if you want to be part of the community. Or GTFO.

:P

In all seriousness, I imagine it's either A.) some young religiously-indoctrinated kid who thinks cursing (or anything attempting a curseword) is a sin, or B.) some overprotective parent (maybe the rare "mom gamer") who thinks Civ is a lovely lovely game to play and can only think of the children.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@multiplat: "Getting Banned for using PG-13 language?!?!?"

According to your own post, literally none of those things happened. You weren't banned, you were politely warned. It wasn't specifically for the language but for bypassing the language filter. If you had typed the actual swears and they got filtered, you probably would have been fine. Even the "PG-13" part is debatable because you dropped two f-bombs (abbreviated) in one line and if we're going by movie guidelines you can only drop one in an entire film and still have it PG-13 rated, typically.

As for their forum policies, I have no idea how Steam runs their forums but it may be worth noting that the forum you felt the need to drop two f-bombs on in a single post is for a game rated "E" by the ESRB so perhaps that's a factor.

-Byshop

multiplat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 multiplat
@mrbojangles25 said:

them's the rules, man, you should f'n obey them if you want to be part of the community. Or GTFO.

:P

In all seriousness, I imagine it's either A.) some young religiously-indoctrinated kid who thinks cursing (or anything attempting a curseword) is a sin, or B.) some overprotective parent (maybe the rare "mom gamer") who thinks Civ is a lovely lovely game to play and can only think of the children.

hahaha, A) sounds like the offspring of B)

multiplat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 multiplat

@davillain- said:

Why the fucks would you even bother with Steam Forums? I just buy games, play them, uninstalled them, and move to the next game.

And it doesn't matter what forum site you go, you sign the dotted line TOU and whatever rules they have, you must obey there rules or GTFO. Gamespot forums rules is no different.

Steam forums, the main difference is you actually get answers to questions for a specific game with a really quick response , .... and i dont think it is TOU, or like half the posters would be tempbanned, like i am playing Insurgency and the steam forum language makes me look like a saint, its def game specific

multiplat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By multiplat

@Byshop said:

If you had typed the actual swears and they got filtered, you probably would have been fine.

IKR?!?!? GS mods always give da best advice. i'm so lazy with my curse words, gonna type them out fully.. or maybe since I am playing as Morocco vs. Brazil & Persia and this is an educational civ game, i can use google translate and post this instead:

"albarazil lak sakumubaghan, wasawf yuqtal klu al'iibil rieayatak sariqta, wa'akhadh lahum kla ma yasilu fi barghuth alfasid 'asabie aljamal alty tusibuha".

Translation: "Brazil u scumbag, I will kill all the rabid camels you stole and shove them up your flea infested camel toes"

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@multiplat said:
@Byshop said:

If you had typed the actual swears and they got filtered, you probably would have been fine.

IKR?!?!? GS mods always give da best advice. i'm so lazy with my curse words, gonna type them out fully.. or maybe since I am playing as Morocco vs. Brazil & Persia and this is an educational civ game, i can use google translate and post this instead:

"albarazil lak sakumubaghan, wasawf yuqtal klu al'iibil rieayatak sariqta, wa'akhadh lahum kla ma yasilu fi barghuth alfasid 'asabie aljamal alty tusibuha".

Translation: "Brazil u scumbag, I will kill all the rabid camels you stole and shove them up your flea infested camel toes"

If you're just going to use our forum to complain about other forums, then I think this thread has run it's course. Take it down a notch next time.

-Byshop