France and the French

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alep-om

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 alep-om
Member since 2005 • 914 Posts

Any body knows why those people are very proud and arrogant like that ? They don't accept other nationalities . They always think they are the best and always have discrimination issues . I knew a lot of them and wished to be a friend of them but I was really disappointed . The funny thing is they think they are above all , but in fact France is inferior to many other countries considering a plenty of things such as Health , security, Industry and Technology . For example , Germany , The Great Britain , The United states , The great Japan . I mean where is France among these countries ? . Yet , you find American and British people very Kind and friendly , and they accept people from all nationalities . The same with Japanese and German people . I'm just wondering what's so special about France and French people ? No offence I am just wondering. Any French guy could show up and tell us ? Anyone have any idea ? anyone noticed the same thing ?or I am wrong ?

Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Pearl_of_Egypt
Member since 2007 • 4073 Posts
I took a French history class (it was taught in French by a French teacher). the professor told us about that problem in France, but she never really explained why. but she said that people were so mean to tourists especially that they started to advertize friendliness to tourists to the people of France, I thought that was funny.
hokies1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hokies1313
Member since 2005 • 13919 Posts
They think they are better than the rest of us for some reason, no one knows why, probably not even the French. It's sad since other nations try to be so accepting, but the French people ruin their national image by being complete arses.
vidplayer8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 vidplayer8
Member since 2006 • 18549 Posts

I don't know any french people, so I don't know what to say.

Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Taegukki
Member since 2005 • 13241 Posts
Americans are just as arrogant and proud. I dont know why you show so much contempt towards them, if it werent for the French then you would still be part of the British monarch and you wouldnt have democracy.
alep-om

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 alep-om

Americans are just as arrogant and proud. I dont know why you show so much contempt towards them, if it werent for the French then you would still be part of the British monarch and you wouldnt have democracy.Taegukki

No I have a lot of American friends and they are really cool . They all love me and care about me . And they are too kind and friendly . That's what my experience shows . Would You tell us where you are from ?

hokies1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hokies1313
Member since 2005 • 13919 Posts

Americans are just as arrogant and proud. I dont know why you show so much contempt towards them, if it werent for the French then you would still be part of the British monarch and you wouldnt have democracy.Taegukki

Not exactly true, though the French did help, Yorktown was the last of a long line of defeats for the British.

Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pearl_of_Egypt
oh, and I also want to note that I find it funny that the French people of Quebec are just the same, it's like it's a part of their roots.
martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 martialbullet
Member since 2006 • 10948 Posts
you can tell by their laugh: hohohohoh
_Celldweller_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 _Celldweller_
Member since 2007 • 940 Posts
Napotian got them on there high horse, u must go back and kill young napotian to change there wayz besides tell them Hail Hilter and they'll run
alep-om

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 alep-om
oh, and I also want to note that I find it funny that the French people of Quebec are just the same, it's like it's a part of their roots.Pearl_of_Egypt
You meant to say a part of a pair of shoes :lol:
GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GettingTired
Member since 2006 • 5994 Posts

Well, the hatred between the British and French dates way back.

As for the French attitude towards Americans, it's probably because Americans tourist can be loud :P.

alep-om

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 alep-om

Well, the hatred between the British and French dates way back.

As for the French attitude towards Americans, it's probably because Americans tourist can be loud :P.

GettingTired
Define ''loud'' :P
EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts

Any body knows why those people are very proud and arrogant like that ? They don't accept other nationalities . They always think they are the best and always have discrimination issues . I knew a lot of them and wished to be a friend of them but I was really disappointed . The funny thing is they think they are above all , but in fact France is inferior to many other countries considering a plenty of things such as Health , security, Industry and Technology . For example , Germany , The Great Britain , The United states , The great Japan . I mean where is France among these countries ? . Yet , you find American and British people very Kind and friendly , and they accept people from all nationalities . The same with Japanese and German people . I'm just wondering what's so special about France and French people ? No offence I am just wondering. Any French guy could show up and tell us ? Anyone have any idea ? anyone noticed the same thing ?or I am wrong ?

alep-om

:| Sounds like a perfect description for Americans
gamah_killah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamah_killah
Member since 2006 • 13020 Posts
I'm from France, but I'm Asian, and I don't like the typical French people there, too. For example, if you're in an airplane and ya got extra bags and put ya extra in some French dude's storage while he's gone, and comes back, he won't ask you to take it out, he'll just take it out himself and throw it across. That happened once to my cousin. Good thing he likes Kung Fu.
-Wicked_Sick-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -Wicked_Sick-
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts

Right away you slam Americans. :roll: The TC =/= American.

Helloiseeu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#18 Helloiseeu
Member since 2007 • 786 Posts

[QUOTE="Taegukki"]Americans are just as arrogant and proud. I dont know why you show so much contempt towards them, if it werent for the French then you would still be part of the British monarch and you wouldnt have democracy.hokies1313

Not exactly true, though the French did help, Yorktown was the last of a long line of defeats for the British.

France gave the US almost all their guns. And blockaded Yorktown. Making sure the Brits wouldn't escape.

Anywho, I think France is a good country but, they are not very welcoming. But, they are not the only ones. In Europe there are lots of riots[mainly in france]about immegrants there. I mean Americans block out Mexicans from coming here. And now you need a passport to get from canada to america. So, France isnt the one to point the big gun at.

-Wicked_Sick-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Wicked_Sick-
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
[QUOTE="alep-om"]

Any body knows why those people are very proud and arrogant like that ? They don't accept other nationalities . They always think they are the best and always have discrimination issues . I knew a lot of them and wished to be a friend of them but I was really disappointed . The funny thing is they think they are above all, but in fact France is inferior to many other countries considering a plenty of things such as Health , security, Industry and Technology . For example , Germany , The Great Britain , The United states , The great Japan . I mean where is France among these countries ? . Yet , you find American and British people very Kind and friendly , and they accept people from all nationalities . The same with Japanese and German people . I'm just wondering what's so special about France and French people ? No offence I am just wondering. Any French guy could show up and tell us ? Anyone have any idea ? anyone noticed the same thing ?or I am wrong ?

EVOLV3

Right. Because the US is homogeneous and not a mix of nationalities. :|

Avatar image for adrian223344664
adrian223344664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 adrian223344664
Member since 2006 • 174 Posts
I noticed exactly the same thing . French People are very mean .
_Celldweller_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 _Celldweller_
Member since 2007 • 940 Posts
I've alwayz wonder why Europeans burn down there town after a soccer(or football) game, and it doesnt matter if they win or lose, they just burn it down, Europeans are chronix hobos
Avatar image for deactivated-612079a2c3358
deactivated-612079a2c3358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-612079a2c3358
Member since 2004 • 1957 Posts
Sweeping generalisations are not nice.
thnickaman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thnickaman13
Member since 2006 • 633 Posts
[QUOTE="alep-om"]

EVOLV3

And yet, in one line, you also fulfilled all those criteria.

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts

I'm not sure if that's just a stereotype or not, but if it is true than it's probably because they're population is quickly becoming more and more muslim. I know areas just like that in America, where there's a large Mexican population and a bunch of a-hole white americans start getting much more racist.

Anyway this thread is kinda hypocritical. Generalizations are a good step towards intolerance.

riseagnstfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 riseagnstfan
Member since 2007 • 1081 Posts
french ppl suck (oh wait im part french)
Quick-Time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Quick-Time
Member since 2007 • 610 Posts
I've heard that. I don't personally know for a fact though.
Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pearl_of_Egypt

[QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"]oh, and I also want to note that I find it funny that the French people of Quebec are just the same, it's like it's a part of their roots.alep-om
You meant to say a part of a pair of shoes :lol:

lol no, I don't even know that saying :P

just saying it's like their whole arrogance act is just a part of them.

alep-om

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 alep-om
[QUOTE="hokies1313"]

[QUOTE="Taegukki"]Americans are just as arrogant and proud. I dont know why you show so much contempt towards them, if it werent for the French then you would still be part of the British monarch and you wouldnt have democracy.Helloiseeu

France gave the US almost all their guns. And blockaded Yorktown. Making sure the Brits wouldn't escape.

Anywho, I think France is a good country but, they are not very welcoming. But, they are not the only ones. In Europe there are lots of riots[mainly in france]about immegrants there. I mean Americans block out Mexicans from coming here. And now you need a passport to get from canada to america. So, France isnt the one to point the big gun at.

It's not about immigration . America Put restrictions like that because It could be overloaded . My point was why French people just can't be friends with people from other nationalities . Why they always look at people from the above ? Is there a reason or it just runs in their blood ?
alep-om

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 alep-om
Sweeping generalisations are not nice.Salvy41
And I think It's stupid as well to run against the flow . I mean look at all people here . They ALL share me the same opinion in part or in whole . Well I sense you are one of those guys ? oui ?
Helloiseeu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#30 Helloiseeu
Member since 2007 • 786 Posts
[QUOTE="Helloiseeu"][QUOTE="hokies1313"]

[QUOTE="Taegukki"]Americans are just as arrogant and proud. I dont know why you show so much contempt towards them, if it werent for the French then you would still be part of the British monarch and you wouldnt have democracy.alep-om

It's not about immigration . America Put restrictions like that because It could be overloaded . My point was why French people just can't be friends with people from other nationalities . Why they always look at people from the above ? Is there a reason or it just runs in their blood ?

I dont think its in the blood. French people should be happy with other nations like England, USA, and Russia becuase we saved them in WW2. French people really need to stop hating on other nationalities.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-612079a2c3358

[QUOTE="Salvy41"]Sweeping generalisations are not nice.alep-om
And I think It's stupid as well to run against the flow . I mean look at all people here . They ALL share me the same opinion in part or in whole . Well I sense you are one of those guys ? qui ?

I don't care about 'the flow'. You're making negative generalisations about a whole nation, I don't agree with that.

Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
I went to Paris once and they seemed very anti British for some reason. I dont like the French since that. Plus I had to study their language for 4 years, which I hated.
alep-om

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 alep-om
I went to Paris once and they seemed very anti British for some reason. I dont like the French since that. Plus I had to study their language for 4 years, which I hated.Big_Bad_Sad
Why did they seem Anti-British ? Would you please give us some examples ? Because apparently there are some people here that don't understand so maybe we can clear it up to them.
Avatar image for forgetwatyahear
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 forgetwatyahear
Member since 2005 • 6260 Posts
i have never like the french. IDK why but they always seem wierd to me. It seems they have somesort of an elitest attitude toward the rest of the world.
misterjew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 misterjew
Member since 2007 • 164 Posts

alep-om

So your saying that WWII never happened? and that segregation never happened in the states???

Avatar image for deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
Member since 2003 • 8419 Posts
One French woman told me it was because tourists (mainly Americans), refuse to conform to their country while there. Makes sense to me.
ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ElArab
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts
Lots of countries are Arrogant, but we call it "patriotism".
Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Big_Bad_Sad
[QUOTE="Big_Bad_Sad"]I went to Paris once and they seemed very anti British for some reason. I dont like the French since that. Plus I had to study their language for 4 years, which I hated.alep-om
Why did they seem Anti-British ? Would you please give us some examples ? Because apparently there are some people here that don't understand so maybe we can clear it up to them.

I dont know. I knew a bit of French and when I went into a bar or shop Id try my hardest to speak French. But once I give up and asked in English they sort of looked at me and treated me differently. I cant really explain it, you just sort of had to be there. BTW, if you're French I dont mean to be offensive, its just the feeling I got when I was there.
nirvana563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 nirvana563
Member since 2005 • 2913 Posts

alep-om

Way to generalize 64,000,000 people.
Darthric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Darthric
Member since 2004 • 1301 Posts

alep-om

You must be an American. Do you know just how successful France are as a country? The National Heath Service in Britain is a joke, but great in France, security? When has France been in trouble? Industry and tech, France has one of the strongest in Europe. A Great history (far better then the US will ever be).

PLUS there guna win the six nations...

I don't find them like that at all (met a few during the rugby), maybe they don't like Americans?:roll:

Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pearl_of_Egypt
to the people saying it's just a generalization, it isn't actually. according to my old professor, who was French and from France, their attitude towards foreigners is so bad that it became a national issue that they tried to fix through advertisement (they'd put billboards and stuff encouraging them to be friendly to foreigners/tourists). she said that just going up to a French person with a map trying to look for directions would anger them and cause them to be really mean and cold with you, but that the situation has improved a little because the advertisement worked a little.
Darthric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Darthric

to the people saying it's just a generalization, it isn't actually. according to my old professor, who was French and from France, their attitude towards foreigners is so bad that it became a national issue that they tried to fix through advertisement (they'd put billboards and stuff encouraging them to be friendly to foreigners/tourists). she said that just going up to a French person with a map trying to look for directions would anger them and cause them to be really mean and cold with you, but that the situation has improved a little because the advertisement worked a little.Pearl_of_Egypt

...STUPID COMMENT...

Anyway its the Germans that are cold, that a fact in Europe.

Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Big_Bad_Sad

[QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"]to the people saying it's just a generalization, it isn't actually. according to my old professor, who was French and from France, their attitude towards foreigners is so bad that it became a national issue that they tried to fix through advertisement (they'd put billboards and stuff encouraging them to be friendly to foreigners/tourists). she said that just going up to a French person with a map trying to look for directions would anger them and cause them to be really mean and cold with you, but that the situation has improved a little because the advertisement worked a little.Darthric

...STUPID COMMENT...

Ive went to Germany not that long ago and found the Germans to be very friendly. Id go back there a thousand times before I go back to Paris.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-612079a2c3358

to the people saying it's just a generalization, it isn't actually. according to my old professor, who was French and from France, their attitude towards foreigners is so bad that it became a national issue that they tried to fix through advertisement (they'd put billboards and stuff encouraging them to be friendly to foreigners/tourists). she said that just going up to a French person with a map trying to look for directions would anger them and cause them to be really mean and cold with you, but that the situation has improved a little because the advertisement worked a little.Pearl_of_Egypt

And this ad campaign took place across the whole of France? Every village, town and city? From Marseille to Lille?

Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pearl_of_Egypt

[QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"]to the people saying it's just a generalization, it isn't actually. according to my old professor, who was French and from France, their attitude towards foreigners is so bad that it became a national issue that they tried to fix through advertisement (they'd put billboards and stuff encouraging them to be friendly to foreigners/tourists). she said that just going up to a French person with a map trying to look for directions would anger them and cause them to be really mean and cold with you, but that the situation has improved a little because the advertisement worked a little.Darthric

...STUPID COMMENT...

and why exactly is it a stupid comment? I was just sharing what my professor said.

Darthric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Darthric
[QUOTE="Darthric"]

[QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"]to the people saying it's just a generalization, it isn't actually. according to my old professor, who was French and from France, their attitude towards foreigners is so bad that it became a national issue that they tried to fix through advertisement (they'd put billboards and stuff encouraging them to be friendly to foreigners/tourists). she said that just going up to a French person with a map trying to look for directions would anger them and cause them to be really mean and cold with you, but that the situation has improved a little because the advertisement worked a little.Big_Bad_Sad

...STUPID COMMENT...

Ive went to Germany not that long ago and found the Germans to be very friendly. Id go back there a thousand times before I go back to Paris.

WOW, you must be one of those German likers:)

Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pearl_of_Egypt

[QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"]to the people saying it's just a generalization, it isn't actually. according to my old professor, who was French and from France, their attitude towards foreigners is so bad that it became a national issue that they tried to fix through advertisement (they'd put billboards and stuff encouraging them to be friendly to foreigners/tourists). she said that just going up to a French person with a map trying to look for directions would anger them and cause them to be really mean and cold with you, but that the situation has improved a little because the advertisement worked a little.Salvy41

And this ad campaign took place across the whole of France? Every village, town and city? From Marseille to Lille?

dunno, I heard this like 5 years ago when I had that French class so I don't remember specific details, she just said that in France, their views towards foreigners was really bad for tourism and gave the example of this ad campaign. (and she was French, having lived in France most of her life)

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#48 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
From what i've heard, in main cities such as Paris a lot of people are rude.. however in the city thats filled with tourists. Our in the countryside everyone is said to be very kind and caring people, which are all Frenchmen.. so maybe the rude people are not the French, its all the tourists?
Avatar image for deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
Member since 2003 • 8419 Posts

dunno, I heard this like 5 years ago when I had that French class so I don't remember specific details, she just said that in France, their views towards foreigners was really bad for tourism and gave the example of this ad campaign. (and she was French, having lived in France most of her life)

Pearl_of_Egypt

I'll back you up on that, saying I have seen said advertisements. But, like I said, it stems mostly from incompetent tourists not respecting their culture.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-612079a2c3358
[QUOTE="Salvy41"]

[QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"]to the people saying it's just a generalization, it isn't actually. according to my old professor, who was French and from France, their attitude towards foreigners is so bad that it became a national issue that they tried to fix through advertisement (they'd put billboards and stuff encouraging them to be friendly to foreigners/tourists). she said that just going up to a French person with a map trying to look for directions would anger them and cause them to be really mean and cold with you, but that the situation has improved a little because the advertisement worked a little.Pearl_of_Egypt

It's still a generalisation. It doesn't matter if it's coming from a French person. You cannot plainly and absolutely make the statement: The French are arrogant and do not welcome foreigners. I've heard that Parisians can be rude when a tourist approaches them without even bothering to speak in French; automatically assuming they speak English. I've also heard that outside of Paris most people are generally friendly towards tourists, and that it is mainly Paris where any of this 'anti-foreigner' sentiment can be found. 64 million people cannot all share the same attitude.