For those of you that use You Tube quite often...

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Did YouTube removed the number beside the name on the channels you are subscribed that let know how many new videos have been posted since you last checked that channel?

If so, why?

This is what I'm referring to.
This is what I'm referring to.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

It seems so. I notice that as well.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Yes, awhile ago I think.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
Member since 2019 • 392 Posts

This is what my brother would call a "quality of life update". Although how it would increase my quality of life is unknown to me.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

That's what it was. I knew something looked different.

I'm guessing a lot of Google's decisions are statistically driven: If viewership doesn't increase, or actively declines, after a new feature is implemented, they'll change it. Maybe the unwatched videos counter was putting people off visiting subscribed channels - like if you see the counter's reached 15-20 unwatched videos on a channel you haven't checked for a while, it starts to feel like a backlog, the channel looks less appealing, and you're less likely to want to check back.

Or maybe it's just about clutter - they wanted to make everything look a bit cleaner and figured not many people cared about that particular piece of information.

I don't know, that's all that comes to mind. Personally, I never paid any attention to it.

X_Karen_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By X_Karen_x
Member since 2019 • 501 Posts

@sancho_panzer:

Just learn not to pay too much attention. It like selective reading. It a skill yes but it allow you to ignore thing which are childish or very negative.

Other poster talk about grocery store and worry about sandwich. My coworker tell me she have some of her lady friend check up on a guy she like. She alway want to know what he doing. I tell her it not work like that. If he know you send your friend to see him he react on purpose in different way.

Selective. A way to outsmart people. It help me deal with thing at work when I am getting more client than usual.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Yup, unfortunately. I’m glad Google Plus won’t be a thing anymore soon enough.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

It's a good thing. It get a bit frustrating when YT would tell me that a channel had 85 new videos despite the fact that I (most likely) watched them all.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts
@sancho_panzer said:

That's what it was. I knew something looked different.

I'm guessing a lot of Google's decisions are statistically driven: If viewership doesn't increase, or actively declines, after a new feature is implemented, they'll change it. Maybe the unwatched videos counter was putting people off visiting subscribed channels - like if you see the counter's reached 15-20 unwatched videos on a channel you haven't checked for a while, it starts to feel like a backlog, the channel looks less appealing, and you're less likely to want to check back.

Or maybe it's just about clutter - they wanted to make everything look a bit cleaner and figured not many people cared about that particular piece of information.

I don't know, that's all that comes to mind. Personally, I never paid any attention to it.

this seems like the reason.

there is likely data to show less clicks ( less revenue ) with numbers vs. just dots.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@comp_atkins: Yeah, that's what I thought but I hate it. Arrrg!