First step for world peace: The United States needs to leave/destroy the U.N.

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PresidentKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 PresidentKing
Member since 2012 • 215 Posts

[QUOTE="PresidentKing"][QUOTE="C2N2"]

That would occur regardless of the UN, at least with the UN minor nations and great nations alike have a forum to discuss ways to better society, whether they do anything or not is irrelevant... At least some effort is made.

C2N2

That's not how the U.N. works, there is very little discussion and more forced upon policys. Half the cultures of around near half the U.N. members are deemed illegal under dictator law under the U.N. It's more like a person screaming they like icecream on 4 chan when they just post batman memes. There coice only matter little. There is no equality in the U.N. and only around 5-7 countries actually make the decisions which as seen before mostly by the U.S. and UK, do not require some of these countries even knowing until after the fact. you are defending Dictational Communistic Anarchy.

Like I said though, those 5-7 "supreme" countries would be in such a situation regardless... You act like the UN gives them power over lesser countries when they would have that power over them no matter what...

The UN still does more...

- There are hundreds of thousands of UN Peacekeepers rotated in and out of missions throughout Africa and the Middle East.

- Not to mention UNDP, UNESCO, etc...

The UN track record has more innocents killed than the baddies. Also no, it would not end up like that regardless. People not in the UN can be taken over, people in the Un that are not the big 5-7 are opressed by them, are forced to obey "international' laws which some purposely target cultures of certain countries and traditions. Randomly going in and doing illegal activities is waved for the big 5-7, but for others it's a penalty of doom. It's unorganized and balanced, and it basically has only few controlling the thing and in turn controling hw the world works resulting in endless conflicts. You have no idea what you are defending.
PresidentKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 PresidentKing
Member since 2012 • 215 Posts

[QUOTE="PresidentKing"][QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

This is the biggest contradiction I've seen in awhile. Congrats.

GreySeal9

Nice job not reading the post I quoted and reading out of context. Congrats.

It's a contradiction any way you slice it. Something can't be obtainable if it doesn't exist. Simple logic, homie.

How is it contradictable. you are mentally stupid. If I put a question mark next to Exist in the last post you would have a completely different response. He said it can't exist. I said how can it not exist when it's physically possible like people having kids are water being wet. It isn't made up. Peace can happen it has happened before so how can world peace not happen? it's like saying if water can get your hair wet why can't it make your skin wet? Religiong however apparently officially exists when the objects of what religiong is supposed to be is made up by humans. Like "bible" and "Judaism"
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#53 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
First Step to World Peace: countries like the US and UK need to mind their own business.FelipeInside
This is the right answer.
Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#54 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]First Step to World Peace: countries like the US and UK need to mind their own business.Miroku32

You guys play the blame game to?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
[QUOTE="Miroku32"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]First Step to World Peace: countries like the US and UK need to mind their own business.Wilfred_Owen

You guys play the blame game to?

Nope, we just play the "facts" game actually.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#56 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts

[QUOTE="PresidentKing"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Most member-states in the UN have no power, and the UN to them is nothing more than a microphone. The power is on the security council, and only 5 countries have a seat at that table. If the leading western power and sole superpower of the world were to leave that table, it would have a huge effect on the balance of power within the UN. The world doesn't stop and start at our convenience, it is important to be involved in the primary organ for international diplomacy, and it is important for the international community to work together, especially at a time like this as the Middle East goes through a period of radical change and as climate change becomes more and more of an issue (especially with the inevitable rise of developing countries throughout the world). Right now international unity is more important than ever. -Sun_Tzu-

The U.N does none of this. As you just proved my point. it gives 5-7 countries KINGDOM powers over all other countries and decidding how to control them as I have posted before (go read a few posts back.) The thing you are looking for is not existent. The U.N. as it is is as dumb as things as Nato and as corrupt as the Nazi party if more so. The world was more at peace without the U.N. and LON, the issue is that both of those where opressive agencies that didn't even try to balance international countries, both gave to much or too little and the ones with too much controlled the ones that were too little. Heck you literally just said that the Middle East needs to be controlled during its radical change. I think we already screwed them up enough before.

I do think I said that the UN was in need of serious reform, did I not? Being opposed to the US leaving the sh!thole that is the UN is not an endorsement of the status quo . The whole reason why the assassination of an Arch Duke escalated to a world war (and why we have a UN in the first place) is because there was no centralized international body for diplomacy.

The world needs a more effective UN, not a destroyed UN. We are living in the age of globalization, and many of the problems that the world faces can't be solved without international cooperation. The Middle East isn't making any progress when we just sit back and watch Assad butcher his own people. The world isn't going to stop getting warmer without international regulations that reduce carbon emissions world wide. And there is always the constant threat of nuclear weapons - not only would it be impossible to limit proliferation without the UN or something like it, but it is kind of important for countries that each can destroy the world 3 times over on their own to be a part of the global community and keep all lines of communication open amongst themselves.

Amen. Amen. Amen.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#57 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="PresidentKing"] Nice job not reading the post I quoted and reading out of context. Congrats.PresidentKing

It's a contradiction any way you slice it. Something can't be obtainable if it doesn't exist. Simple logic, homie.

How is it contradictable. you are mentally stupid. If I put a question mark next to Exist in the last post you would have a completely different response. He said it can't exist. I said how can it not exist when it's physically possible like people having kids are water being wet. It isn't made up. Peace can happen it has happened before so how can world peace not happen? it's like saying if water can get your hair wet why can't it make your skin wet? Religiong however apparently officially exists when the objects of what religiong is supposed to be is made up by humans. Like "bible" and "Judaism"

WTF are you talking about?

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#58 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]First Step to World Peace: countries like the US and UK need to mind their own business.LJS9502_basic
Until a country needs financial support amirite?

Ironically, it's America who could use that financial support these days... and what's this I read in the news last week about America being officially removed from the list of top ten Most Prosperous nations? I never thought I'd see the day in my lifetime when that would happen...
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]First Step to World Peace: countries like the US and UK need to mind their own business.67gt500
Until a country needs financial support amirite?

Ironically, it's America who could use that financial support these days... and what's this I read in the news last week about America being officially removed from the list of top ten Most Prosperous nations? I never thought I'd see the day in my lifetime when that would happen...

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
The flaws of the UN are it's lack of actual power and the Security Council.