Feel free to disagree but imo if there was a god...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

...I just feel that we would have found SOME scientific evidence of his/her/its existence by now.

How could something as big and powerful as a creator go unnoticed?

These days we can examine sub atomic particles and see into space... and where is god in all all this? Why can't we see evidence of his workings?

It seems to me that only real "evidence" provided for God's existence is stuff like "the complexity of life"... but science seems to have provided us with a pretty well supported theory of evolution.

Other such evidence includes the existence of "religious experiences" but neurology and human psychologycan explain these very nicely as well.

Again, feel free to disagree - I actually would love to hear your input because I really do like the idea of a creator it's just that the idea just doesn't make any sense to me.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Meinhard1

Because he doesn't want to be found?

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#3 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
What do you expect to find? His signature on all of the smallest of particles?
Smug_Duckling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Smug_Duckling
Member since 2011 • 333 Posts
God is a spiritual being. Not a physical entity. Proving his existence would be like providing irrefutable evidence of the existence of ghosts.
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Meinhard1

[QUOTE="Meinhard1"]

metroidfood

Still if the world was created I would think something in the laws of nature would allow for it. And if he's actually watching and guiding us as many religions say I think there should be evidence of this within, say, our brain chemistry or, again, the laws of nature.
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
*waits for the newly converted jesus freak to come in and start yelling about "how dare you _____" and telling everyone they're going to hell for not believing and having an objective point of view*
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Meinhard1
[QUOTE="Smug_Duckling"]God is a spiritual being. Not a physical entity. Proving his existence would be like providing irrefutable evidence of the existence of ghosts.

But what is the "spiritual" and what evidence is there that it exists other than the writings of our ancestors?
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

You can't very well find scientific evidence for a theoretical entity or object if you have not first established what the existence of that entity or object would imply in terms of observable evidence.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Meinhard1
What do you expect to find? His signature on all of the smallest of particles?SolidSnake35
Well if he can act on / create matter I guess I would expect to see something... anything. I could be wrong but I would imagine there would be "thumb prints" of some kind on creation.
RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts
God is an entity
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts
Science --> Natural God ---> not natural. Nothing in science looks for God. Nothing in science cares about God.
Rutzfuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rutzfuz
Member since 2010 • 1202 Posts

Can we see as far as the end of the universe? Then look their.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

...I just feel that we would have found SOME scientific evidence of his/her/its existence by now.

These days we can examine sub atomic particles and see into space... and where is god in all all this? Why can't we see evidence of his workings?

It seems to me that only real "evidence" provided for God's existence is stuff like "the complexity of life"... but science seems to have provided us with a pretty well supported theory of evolution.

Other such evidence includes the existence of "religious experiences" but neurology and human psychologycan explain these very nicely as well.

Again, feel free to disagree - I actually would love to hear your input because I really do like the idea of a creator it's just that the idea just doesn't make any sense to me.

Meinhard1

that's because you are looking at very very small things when you look at sub atomic particles and God is very large son.

Smug_Duckling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Smug_Duckling
Member since 2011 • 333 Posts
[QUOTE="Meinhard1"][QUOTE="Smug_Duckling"]God is a spiritual being. Not a physical entity. Proving his existence would be like providing irrefutable evidence of the existence of ghosts.

But what is the "spiritual" and what evidence is there that it exists other than the writings of our ancestors?

That's just the thing. The Bible is a book of faith and those who actually believe in the existence of God do so out of faith that he exists. The Bible is more a collection of stories that reflect trials of faith. There is no evidence of God outside of the Bible, however the Bible isn't the only religious text and there are plenty of religions that base their beliefs on that which cannot be "proven".
-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -Big_Red-
Member since 2006 • 7230 Posts

Can we see as far as the end of the universe? Rutzfuz
NOPE:o!

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Meinhard1
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]Science --> Natural God ---> not natural. Nothing in science looks for God. Nothing in science cares about God.

But many religions that claim to have contact with God believe that he acted to create the natural in the first place. Many religions also believe that God still interacts with the natural on a regular basis. I would expect that by examining the natural some evidence of God would have turned up by now, whether we're looking for him or not.
flash_drive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 flash_drive
Member since 2010 • 968 Posts
Well if we can't find it in science, why can't we just find it in theology? :o
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]Science --> Natural God ---> not natural. Nothing in science looks for God. Nothing in science cares about God. Meinhard1
But many religions that claim to have contact with God believe that he acted to create the natural in the first place. Many religions also believe that God still interacts with the natural on a regular basis. I would expect that by examining the natural some evidence of God would have turned up by now, whether we're looking for him or not.

Again, what would be evidence of God?

If the answer to that question is not immediately forthcoming and unequivocal, then of course we haven't found evidence of God... because we wouldn't know what it was if we saw it.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

[QUOTE="Meinhard1"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"]Science --> Natural God ---> not natural. Nothing in science looks for God. Nothing in science cares about God. GabuEx

If the answer to that question is not immediately forthcoming and unequivocal, then of course we haven't found evidence of God... because we wouldn't know what it was if we saw it.

God is a giant being of light. So every time the sun comes up it's proof of God. Although God is not the sun either.
J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 J-man45
Member since 2008 • 11043 Posts

Meinhard1

I believe there is evidence for those who honestly seek it.

Having said that, I do not believe God can be physically proven to anybody. Faith is belief without seeing.

Also, science cannot disprove God.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

[QUOTE="metroidfood"]

[QUOTE="Meinhard1"]

Meinhard1

Still if the world was created I would think something in the laws of nature would allow for it. And if he's actually watching and guiding us as many religions say I think there should be evidence of this within, say, our brain chemistry or, again, the laws of nature.

If He doesn't want there to be evidence then there won't be evidence.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
If a being like God did exist and he exists outside time and space, then how could there possibly be any evidence.
MichaelToreno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MichaelToreno
Member since 2010 • 176 Posts

Meinhard1
The human ego would like to believe that we're awesome enough and smart enough to know everything out there. Maybe it's time you took something at faith rather than relying on flawed human 'science'.
THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts

[QUOTE="Meinhard1"]

MichaelToreno

The human ego would like to believe that we're awesome enough and smart enough to know everything out there. Maybe it's time you took something at faith rather than relying on flawed human 'science'.

Faith has never been flawed......

stanleycup98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 stanleycup98
Member since 2006 • 6144 Posts
[QUOTE="Meinhard1"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"]Science --> Natural God ---> not natural. Nothing in science looks for God. Nothing in science cares about God.

I understand what you are saying, but the only evidence of a god that I can think of would be unexplained things happening (i.e. things that defy our laws of physics). The problem with that is that we could easily just attribute it to being something scientific that we just don't understand at the moment. Assuming such a thing is evidence of god is the basis of god. For example, say in some chemical reaction, matter is created due to some act of God. Our understanding is that matter can't be created. We don't know that God intervened. All we know if that matter was created, which opposes our currently established scientific laws. What do we do if that happens? We shouldn't assume, "Oh, that was God". We say, "Oh, the law of conservation of matter must be slightly incorrect. Let's research this and adjust it." Assuming that it is God is the foundation of religion anyway. If there is something that we currently cannot explain, then we have historically contributed it to God. For example, the ancient Greeks didn't know why the sun rose and set. So they assumed it was a god. Now we know the real reason. From that, we have learned not to attribute the unexplained to God. So if something unexplained happened like the sudden creation of matter, we would assume that there is a reason for it that we don't know yet.
luisen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 luisen123
Member since 2006 • 6537 Posts
He already vanished in a poof of logic long time ago, dude.
Blazember

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 Blazember
Member since 2010 • 108 Posts

Under the logic that religious people always use again and again, "It can't be disproved," well then what if I ran up to you and suddenly told you that I had contact with the flying spaghetti monster and he told me the truths of the universe, that he was the almighty creator and I was specifically told because I was the chosen one. I have been granted the power of meatballs and have been asked by him, the monster himself, to rain meatballs upon all who oppose his rule. You can't disprove that. Even if you say "Well why don't you blast me with meatballs then, huh?" Then under your logic the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, so you still can't prove that I don't have meatball powers, just because you don't see my powers doesn't mean I don't have them, it just means I don't wanna show them, just like just because you can't see God, that doesn't mean he doesn't exist.

The thing about belief, is well, it could be a completely misleading or ignorance. I mean I bet you've been decieved or lied to in your life before and before you found out, whatever the lie was you believed in, so to you it wasn't a lie, it was the truth. You see the flaw with that? Let's say your mom promised you a CAKE on your Bday in 2 days. All throughout the school day you thought about the cake. You even dreamed of the cake when you slept at night. You never once thought it was a lie. All you can think of is the REAL CAKE that will come soon. But then she doesn't make you cake. D:

Alright hardcore religious people. Explain to me the Mayans who sacrificed 1000s of themselves constantly for their god. Explain the trend of Catholic Priests who, well you know. Explain why if money is the root of all evil, then why have churches asked people for money in turn for salvation. I see ridiculous ads like THE MIRACLE COOKIE, no lie, that you order and when you eat it you contact God and other life-saving things you can buy from the Church. Look at the Christians in Egypt who are persecuted because other people don't agree with their religion and wish to kill them. Religion causes violence as you can see because of disagreement. Look at the Jews that are persecuted by Muslims and vice versa. Look at the dozens of people who die praying in mosques due to terrorist attacks, ironically by fiercely religious terrorists who kill their own believers. Look at the Why are there so many religions? How can you tell which is true? It's basically your community and family/parents/guardians. Whatever they teach you and mostly are, will be your religion.

Honestly though, no disrespect, I do respect religious people, I have many friends who are religious, and some of them are good people. I mean, who wouldn't want the 100% belief that there is a rewarding afterlife for your deeds, that those commit evil, immoral crimes are fairly punished, y'know like karma, but obviously life is very unfair and random, and so I just can't believe in something that has no evidence.

However, my logic also backfires. Religion is only taught and has no evidence. But you can argue that we're taught history and it could all be a conspiracy theory, people implanted the info in our textbooks and media and mislead us. Kinda like the matrex sorta stuff. It's not that farfetched, during the Nazi regime, proproganda caused 100s of women to love Hitler and tons of children were taught Nazi ideas and believed in them completely even if they were all lies. Same with Stalin, many people thought he was a God the way schools potrayed him as. You only know what you're taught or you figure out yourself, and humans lie on a regular basis and millions of them do every day, so many things you learn could be a lie, as long as you don't find out. Things in history you can't really figure out since you can't go back in time obviously, so you only know what other people tell you, your veteran grampa, your history textbooks and teachers etc. But what if they were all robots, or payed to act?! Deception. I mean atheists argue that Christians just believe in some book that primitive people wrote thousands of years ago, but in the same way, Atheists just believe in some book too.

Interesting fact: Our brains actually believe all the info we absorb first, however in a few milliseconds or something like that, only after that do the signals show thinking and rejecting that belief, but at first it's the truth, it takes our brain an instant to go like 'hey, wait a minute, that's not true', takes it time to process the info.

Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts

Under the logic that religious people always use again and again, "It can't be disproved," well then what if I ran up to you and suddenly told you that I had contact with the flying spaghetti monster and he told me the truths of the universe, that he was the almighty creator and I was specifically told because I was the chosen one. I have been granted the power of meatballs and have been asked by him, the monster himself, to rain meatballs upon all who oppose his rule. You can't disprove that. Even if you say "Well why don't you blast me with meatballs then, huh?" Then under your logic the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, so you still can't prove that I don't have meatball powers, just because you don't see my powers doesn't mean I don't have them, it just means I don't wanna show them, just like just because you can't see God, that doesn't mean he doesn't exist.

The thing about belief, is well, it could be a completely misleading or ignorance. I mean I bet you've been decieved or lied to in your life before and before you found out, whatever the lie was you believed in, so to you it wasn't a lie, it was the truth. You see the flaw with that? Let's say your mom promised you a CAKE on your Bday in 2 days. All throughout the school day you thought about the cake. You even dreamed of the cake when you slept at night. You never once thought it was a lie. All you can think of is the REAL CAKE that will come soon. But then she doesn't make you cake. D:

Alright hardcore religious people. Explain to me the Mayans who sacrificed 1000s of themselves constantly for their god. Explain the trend of Catholic Priests who, well you know. Explain why if money is the root of all evil, then why have churches asked people for money in turn for salvation. I see ridiculous ads like THE MIRACLE COOKIE, no lie, that you order and when you eat it you contact God and other life-saving things you can buy from the Church. Look at the Christians in Egypt who are persecuted because other people don't agree with their religion and wish to kill them. Religion causes violence as you can see because of disagreement. Look at the Jews that are persecuted by Muslims and vice versa. Look at the dozens of people who die praying in mosques due to terrorist attacks, ironically by fiercely religious terrorists who kill their own believers. Look at the Why are there so many religions? How can you tell which is true? It's basically your community and family/parents/guardians. Whatever they teach you and mostly are, will be your religion.

Honestly though, no disrespect, I do respect religious people, I have many friends who are religious, and some of them are good people. I mean, who wouldn't want the 100% belief that there is a rewarding afterlife for your deeds, that those commit evil, immoral crimes are fairly punished, y'know like karma, but obviously life is very unfair and random, and so I just can't believe in something that has no evidence.

However, my logic also backfires. Religion is only taught and has no evidence. But you can argue that we're taught history and it could all be a conspiracy theory, people implanted the info in our textbooks and media and mislead us. Kinda like the matrex sorta stuff. It's not that farfetched, during the Nazi regime, proproganda caused 100s of women to love Hitler and tons of children were taught Nazi ideas and believed in them completely even if they were all lies. Same with Stalin, many people thought he was a God the way schools potrayed him as. You only know what you're taught or you figure out yourself, and humans lie on a regular basis and millions of them do every day, so many things you learn could be a lie, as long as you don't find out. Things in history you can't really figure out since you can't go back in time obviously, so you only know what other people tell you, your veteran grampa, your history textbooks and teachers etc. But what if they were all robots, or payed to act?! Deception. I mean atheists argue that Christians just believe in some book that primitive people wrote thousands of years ago, but in the same way, Atheists just believe in some book too.

Interesting fact: Our brains actually believe all the info we absorb first, however in a few milliseconds or something like that, only after that do the signals show thinking and rejecting that belief, but at first it's the truth, it takes our brain an instant to go like 'hey, wait a minute, that's not true', takes it time to process the info.

Blazember
tl dr faith is faith. trying to end someone's faith is stupid. you try too hard.
NcloudN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NcloudN
Member since 2006 • 448 Posts

i disagree,if one ponders the reason of existence,you can come to many conclusions,My reasoning is that God would not want him self to be seen but if he wanted to be known,it would be a very diificult road to discover him,God wants people to belive in him because they choose to belive in him,if were talking about the abrahamic God,because if people could see God or prove God's existence,then not one of us would do evil,i think God wants us to struggle and retrain ourselfs from evil acts because we belive in God,but ultimatley we are presented with our own choice,belive or not belive,and when we all die,we will know who was right and who was wrong.its hard to describe,but its something along the lines of love.

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
Because it is a priori.
Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 Assassin_87
Member since 2004 • 2349 Posts

We have a tendency toward arrogance as human beings because we are the only living species that we've observed with a capacity to think rationally and utilize logic as well as self awareness. Through this, we make assumptions about everything, the biggest one being that we have the capability of comprehending everything that exists in our universe.

One of the toughest elements to wrap your head around when it comes to the idea of God is that we may very well not be able to understand or observe such a being. What is provable may not be all that is true or all that exists, but because of the very nature of this concept the realm of science would be rendered useless in the face of God if he were to fit into the category of unobservable.

Science is limited by our own limitations as a species (Fitting, as science is a concept created by us), and so if we had a creator one would imagine that he may be outside of the domain of science and nature as we know it. That's my take on the subject, anyway.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Meinhard1

[QUOTE="Meinhard1"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"]Science --> Natural God ---> not natural. Nothing in science looks for God. Nothing in science cares about God. GabuEx

I think there's some validity to your point but I'll attempt to explain why I am not convinced by it. You are saying that because we don't know what the implications of God's existence would mean for the natural world then we wouldn't know evidence of God if we saw it. By your logic evidence of God may very well be everywhere - it's just we are unable to identify it. While I can't refute your logic I do however find what you describe to unlikely. I believe that if a Creator-God did exist I would find it to me most LIKELY that we would be able to identify evidence of his existence by the "shadows" and "thumb prints" that result from his actions. This would especially be the case if he were a omnipotent god as he is popularly described in many traditions. These "shadows" and "thumb prints" would be the results of him exercising his authority over nature - creating, healing, communicating, ect. Here's another metaphor imagine that the world is a puppet and an omnipotent God is at the strings - these strings would probably need to be attached to everything, and even if we did lack the knowledge to identify these strings clearly we would see "pulls" and "tugs" of this Great Puppeteer. Because what I describe above is probably not the case this leaves me with what I consider to be the next more probably conclusion - there is no God. What you describe comes in third place for me - there IS a God, we can't measure him. If this God is acting in the world (especially if it's at the level that many believers claim) he is probably covering up his tracks to avoid detection. Even were he not acting in the world and covering up his tracks he would probably have to do some cover up to make it appear like his creation resulted from stuff like the big bang, natural selections, etc. So basically this super elusive God who hides in the cracks of space and time may very well exist. But I don't find it likely.
TheMutableOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheMutableOne
Member since 2006 • 1064 Posts

We are living in a collective dream you asshat.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
My past 5 dates or so have been canceled purely accidentally, and since I don't think that's statistically possible, I would like to believe there is in fact a God who want me to turn gay/foreveralone. :(
clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts
Ok, let me ask this: would you be able to recognize evidence of God's existence if you were to find it? I don't mean a bible or a miracle. I mean what if you found actual, tangible evidence of God. How would you know that this evidence pertained to God's existence or being?
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

80% of all matter in the universe is dark matter, something so weird and untested we can just "detect" it

we just know... nothing

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

How could you be so sure that piss-ants like humans who can't even reach another planet in our own solar system with anything manned could be even close to being able to determine if there was a supreme creator? I can't even wrap my head around the narrow logic needed to come to such a conclusion.

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 clayron
I don't appreciate being called a "piss-ant".
Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

I don't appreciate being called a "piss-ant".clayron

We're all piss-ants in the scheme of things, which is what I was clearly saying. You'll get over it.

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 clayron

[QUOTE="clayron"]I don't appreciate being called a "piss-ant".hartsickdiscipl

We're all piss-ants in the scheme of things, which is what I was clearly saying. You'll get over it.

If were piss-ants then why did God go through the trouble of putting us here and then sacrificing his son? Seems like a pretty silly thing for God to do. Create a group of people, destroy them, save them, then give your only fleshborn son for their transgressions against you, but then consider them piss-ants. Assuming you subscribe to the Christian school of thought, which I think you do. And if you do scribe to the Christian religion then how could we not be huge in the grand scheme when God made us in his image. His own damn image.
Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Assassin_87

[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

[QUOTE="clayron"]I don't appreciate being called a "piss-ant".clayron

If were piss-ants then why did God go through the trouble of putting us here and then sacrificing his son? Seems like a pretty silly thing for God to do. Create a group of people, destroy them, save them, then give your only fleshborn son for their transgressions against you, but then consider them piss-ants. Assuming you subscribe to the Christian school of thought, which I think you do. And if you do scribe to the Christian religion then how could we not be huge in the grand scheme when God made us in his image. His own damn image.

Why would you assume that he's a Christian? :|

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 clayron

[QUOTE="clayron"][QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

Assassin_87

Based on posting history. I believe he is Christian. I am not just making random assumptions.
Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Assassin_87

[QUOTE="Assassin_87"]

[QUOTE="clayron"]If were piss-ants then why did God go through the trouble of putting us here and then sacrificing his son? Seems like a pretty silly thing for God to do. Create a group of people, destroy them, save them, then give your only fleshborn son for their transgressions against you, but then consider them piss-ants. Assuming you subscribe to the Christian school of thought, which I think you do. And if you do scribe to the Christian religion then how could we not be huge in the grand scheme when God made us in his image. His own damn image.clayron

Based on posting history. I believe he is Christian. I am not just making random assumptions.

Oh, well if that's the case then I was the one making assumptions. Sorry. :P

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Meinhard1

How could you be so sure that piss-ants like humans who can't even reach another planet in our own solar system with anything manned could be even close to being able to determine if there was a supreme creator? I can't even wrap my head around the narrow logic needed to come to such a conclusion.

hartsickdiscipl
Planets in our solar system are pretty far away but the most common idea of God is that he is everywhere... and even if he wasn't omnipresent we would still be immersed in his creation. We piss-ants have been able to come up with some pretty amazing discoveries and the fact that none of them seem to provide any real evidence for the existence of God leaves me a wary.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

Meinhard1

Planets in our solar system are pretty far away but the most common idea of God is that he is everywhere... and even if he wasn't omnipresent we would still be immersed in his creation. We piss-ants have been able to come up with some pretty amazing discoveries and the fact that none of them seem to provide any real evidence for the existence of God leaves me a wary.

look at your great "discoveries"

flash_drive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 flash_drive
Member since 2010 • 968 Posts
Dark matter...sounds kinda tasty.
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

He exists, but not in any type of physical form so discovering him would be impossible ;)

XxspritexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#48 XxspritexX
Member since 2005 • 5836 Posts
Just watch the Futurama episode of god.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts
Dude, do you think YOU, the god's creation, could hope to find him if he DOESN'T want to be found?
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]Science --> Natural God ---> not natural. Nothing in science looks for God. Nothing in science cares about God.

But if it does not belong to the natural world, does this means that God does not exist? Because as far as I know, all supernatural beings aren't considered real.