favorite rapper ever

• 110 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bigpapilvr34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 bigpapilvr34
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts

who is your favortie rapper of all times?

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
Hard to say. I hate 50 Cent, a lot. Black Thought and M1 are pretty good.
icekoldwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 icekoldwater
Member since 2005 • 1136 Posts
Mine = Nas
nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 nickyb628
Member since 2005 • 10303 Posts

Damn. This is tough. It's either Nas, Biggie, or Big Pun.

There are way too many for me to choose one though.

bellsmye1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 bellsmye1
Member since 2005 • 2687 Posts
Vanilla Ice. His rhymes spoke to me. Word
Avatar image for ConformestClone
ConformestClone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ConformestClone
Member since 2004 • 13103 Posts
I have a few, but I can't help notice that you like one of the worst rap artist to date: 50 Cent.
Kid-Icarus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kid-Icarus-
Member since 2006 • 733 Posts
That's easy ... Nas
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
DMX
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
I don't really have one. Eminem seems to make a few decent songs that I find listenable though.
Norg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Norg
Member since 2002 • 15959 Posts

Tre From the Pharcyde is pretty cool

KRS One

Last emperor

Zack Dela Rocha

Dr Dre & SNoop Dogg of course

Ice Cube .... ...Kroupt

I like alot of West Coast rappers

bellsmye1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bellsmye1
Member since 2005 • 2687 Posts
Why is no one saying Vanilla Ice? He dealt with heavyweight issues such as "ice, ice". And "Babies"
icekoldwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 icekoldwater
Member since 2005 • 1136 Posts

Why is no one saying Vanilla Ice? He dealt with heavyweight issues such as "ice, ice". And "Babies"bellsmye1

lol...yea.... >.>

killalln00bs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 killalln00bs
Member since 2007 • 2444 Posts
Nas is terrific.
Daproduct7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Daproduct7
Member since 2007 • 94 Posts

Mobb Deep - Cause they made the best eastcoast rap (Shook ones)

Tupac - Because he talks about everything like life not just volience

Biggie - Lyrics are really gooooooood

TheGame - he's the only westcoast rapper i know that dosent allways talk about 24inch rims and clubs

Eazy E - Made rap and his songs represent

Snoop Dogg & Dre - Classic

N.W.A - They made westcoast rapping

bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts
MF DOOM
YoungGun13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 YoungGun13
Member since 2006 • 2581 Posts

Vanilla Ice. His rhymes spoke to me. Wordbellsmye1

:lol: i cant believe you said that

YoungGun13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 YoungGun13
Member since 2006 • 2581 Posts
T.I.
snakebeater3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 snakebeater3
Member since 2005 • 1212 Posts

rap isnt my favorite but i like t.i.

way2funny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 way2funny
Member since 2003 • 4570 Posts
krayzie or bizzy bone hands down. Invented flows like no others
Magna_Man109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Magna_Man109
Member since 2005 • 5527 Posts

krayzie or bizzy bone hands down. Invented flows like no othersway2funny

oh yes... I love BTNH.. im from CLE

But fav rappers its impossible for me to pick just one

way2funny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 way2funny

[QUOTE="way2funny"]krayzie or bizzy bone hands down. Invented flows like no othersMagna_Man109

oh yes... I love BTNH.. im from CLE

But fav rappers its impossible for me to pick just one

Yeah, Biggie Eazy E Tupac also come to mind.

But BTNH are the only ones that started in the early 90s and even now have a top 10 hit on the charts.

unknown-phenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 unknown-phenom
Member since 2006 • 1807 Posts
I hate rap usually but some of Eminem is ok and I love the song "Afraid of Me" by Twizted, definatly check that out. Im more of a Hardcore/Screamo rock fan.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts
The Beastie Boys.
cheeseboy1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 cheeseboy1993
Member since 2004 • 622 Posts
Wu-Tang Clan, N.W.A., BNTH(I like more of their old stuff then their new), and a whole lot of others
Balimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Balimi
Member since 2007 • 1599 Posts
Biggie, definitely.
way2funny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 way2funny

Wu-Tang Clan, N.W.A., BNTH(I like more of their old stuff then their new), and a whole lot of otherscheeseboy1993

Yeah I do too but they are missing 2 members, one a lil crazy (look at my sig) and one in jail for having a sawdoff

babyjesus87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 babyjesus87
Member since 2007 • 421 Posts
I don't like rap... its the most primitive of all music... if you eve nwant to consider it music...
SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SpiritEmu
Member since 2006 • 3370 Posts

The Beastie Boys.needled24-7

Hell yeah.

way2funny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 way2funny

I don't like rap... its the most primitive of all music... if you eve nwant to consider it music... babyjesus87

Music- an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color.

Hmm, I think I can find MANY rap songs that fit into this thing called 'music'. And just because you dont like it doesnt mean its the most primitive of all music.

babyjesus87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 babyjesus87

[QUOTE="babyjesus87"]I don't like rap... its the most primitive of all music... if you eve nwant to consider it music... way2funny

Music- an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color.

Hmm, I think I can find MANY rap songs that fit into this thing called 'music'. And just because you dont like it doesnt mean its the most primitive of all music.

its typically just the same beat over and over again... its primitve, and very unintelligent music.

en-z-io

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 en-z-io
Member since 2004 • 3390 Posts
2pac, for sure. Nas close behind him.
way2funny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 way2funny
[QUOTE="way2funny"]

[QUOTE="babyjesus87"]I don't like rap... its the most primitive of all music... if you eve nwant to consider it music... babyjesus87

its typically just the same beat over and over again... its primitve, and very unintelligent music.

I can find songs from every genre that can be repetative and unintelligent, which would therefor be primitive according to you.

babyjesus87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 babyjesus87
[QUOTE="babyjesus87"][QUOTE="way2funny"]

[QUOTE="babyjesus87"]I don't like rap... its the most primitive of all music... if you eve nwant to consider it music... way2funny

I can find songs from every genre that can be repetative and unintelligent, which would therefor be primitive according to you.

uhh your point? A vast majority of rap is unintelligent... Unlike classical music, in which a large number of symphonies are elegantly constructed masterpieces.

Robograndma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Robograndma
Member since 2006 • 2916 Posts
[QUOTE="way2funny"][QUOTE="babyjesus87"][QUOTE="way2funny"]

[QUOTE="babyjesus87"]I don't like rap... its the most primitive of all music... if you eve nwant to consider it music... babyjesus87

uhh your point? A vast majority of rap is unintelligent... Unlike classical music, in which a large number of symphonies are elegantly constructed masterpieces.

your statements are ignorant. i can call the sky purple, but dosen't make it true. if your going to throw out random generalizations eg "rap is unitelligent" you need to have something to back it up.
way2funny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 way2funny
[QUOTE="way2funny"][QUOTE="babyjesus87"][QUOTE="way2funny"]

My point is your generalizing the whole genre. And BTW most of the 'masterpieces' were written by perverted, alcoholic, crazy lunitics (mozart, beethoven etc). Classical music and rap is different. classical music are 100% insturmentals, where rap doesnt rely on insturments, it relies on the rapper, and the flow and energy he presents in the song.Lots of rap is about taking a simple yet catchy beat and making it something much more.

makaveli2344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 makaveli2344
Member since 2007 • 3106 Posts
2Pac
DFan17902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DFan17902
Member since 2006 • 5427 Posts
k-os
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts
hmmm theres lots I say between lil wayne,big pun,nas,jay-z
babyjesus87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 babyjesus87
[QUOTE="babyjesus87"][QUOTE="way2funny"][QUOTE="babyjesus87"][QUOTE="way2funny"]

[QUOTE="babyjesus87"]I don't like rap... its the most primitive of all music... if you eve nwant to consider it music... Robograndma

your statements are ignorant. i can call the sky purple, but dosen't make it true. if your going to throw out random generalizations eg "rap is unitelligent" you need to have something to back it up.

I already made my case clear. Rap is unintelligent because the "music" (which is really just a beat) isn't very thought out. When compared to something as intricatly detailed as ****cal music it is very unintelligent sounding. Its nothing more than "rhythm and poetry"... its in the title.... Then when you get into the violence that surrounds it... well thats a different issue entirely.

babyjesus87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 babyjesus87
[QUOTE="babyjesus87"][QUOTE="way2funny"][QUOTE="babyjesus87"][QUOTE="way2funny"]

My point is your generalizing the whole genre. And BTW most of the 'masterpieces' were written by perverted, alcoholic, crazy lunitics (mozart, beethoven etc). Classical music and rap is different. classical music are 100% insturmentals, where rap doesnt rely on insturments, it relies on the rapper, and the flow and energy he presents in the song.Lots of rap is about taking a simple yet catchy beat and making it something much more.

Perverted crazy alcoholic lunatics? They were geniuses. Mozart wrote his first symphony when he was 7. You just prooved your ignorance, no need to continue this "debate". You clearly know nothing about music.

Robograndma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Robograndma
Member since 2006 • 2916 Posts
[QUOTE="Robograndma"][QUOTE="babyjesus87"][QUOTE="way2funny"][QUOTE="babyjesus87"][QUOTE="way2funny"]

I already made my case clear. Rap is unintelligent because the "music" (which is really just a beat) isn't very thought out. When compared to something as intricatly detailed as ****cal music it is very unintelligent sounding. Its nothing more than "rhythm and poetry"... its in the title.... Then when you get into the violence that surrounds it... well thats a different issue entirely.

once again, you bring nothing to the table.
"the music isn't thought out."
please, i see absolutely no proof you have to back that up. if you feel that producers/rappers just magically get tracks, i hate to inform you you are wrong. certain beats appeal to fans, and it is hard to come up with these beats. just look at MF Doom. He has nine or ten volumes of beats which sell great because they are so appealing.

as for rap being just a beat, that is an absurd charge. if there were no vocals, the songs wouldn't sell.

and i dont believe violence makes something less musical.
way2funny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 way2funny
[QUOTE="way2funny"][QUOTE="babyjesus87"][QUOTE="way2funny"][QUOTE="babyjesus87"][QUOTE="way2funny"]

Perverted crazy alcoholic lunatics? They were geniuses. Mozart wrote his first symphony when he was 7. You just prooved your ignorance, no need to continue this "debate". You clearly know nothing about music.

Mozart was amused by bathroom jokes and was an alcoholic.

Beethoven was a raging alcoholic with anger issues.

BTW who said you cant be a geniuse if your crazy/perverted/alcoholic?

inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 inyourface_12
Member since 2006 • 14757 Posts
mike shinoda
Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Orlando_Magic
Member since 2002 • 37448 Posts
Dre 3 Stacks
Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Orlando_Magic
Member since 2002 • 37448 Posts

Mine = Nasicekoldwater

Thought it was Papoose:o

L8erSquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 L8erSquare
Member since 2007 • 2599 Posts
None
jdub1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jdub1993
Member since 2005 • 644 Posts

who is your favortie rapper of all times?

bigpapilvr34

Is your's 50 cent

sydney1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 sydney1030
Member since 2007 • 161 Posts
" You Know What It Is" T.I. of course!:D By the way, "You Know What It Is" is T.I's new single off of his new album, T.I. vs. T.I.P.! Big Thangs Poppin!!:)