Fat guys: why not lose weight?

• 130 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cataclism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Cataclism
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

Look food habbits are not the way to lose weight. As long as you dont gorge yourself on a regular basis and stay away from trans fats and other garbage, all you gotta do is excersize. I don't mean jogging on a treadmill or something stupid like that, but find a physical activity that you enjoy. Paintball, skiing, martial arts, etc are all great physical activities with moderate to strenuous physical exertion; I knew a guy when I was doing brazilain jujitsu that dropped a good twenty pounds after three or four months of classes. I myself lost thrity pounds in one season of high school lacrosse. I still eat all the rich, fatty, salty, unhealthy food that I want, I just excersize as well.

Tokugawa77
You couldn't be more wrong. Losing weight is almost all about what and how much you eat. The reason some one is fat is because that person consumes more calories than needed, plain and simple. Exercise will make you healthier, no doubt about that, but it won't make you thinner by itself if you don't modify your diet. Keep in mind that it's not just *what* you eat but *how much* you eat. You can eat "rich, fatty food" and still get thinner just as long as you eat less calories than you burn (see French paradox). I, for example, was overweight for a long a long time and got to normal weight just by dieting. I didn't exercise at all during that time.
luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

Nowadays people try to make you feel ashamed for even suggesting to somebody in a non-insulting way health tips. It isn't really our business but some of us don't want to see someone eat themselves to an early grave. It is funny when you think about the fact that you will be shamed for giving heath advise to the obese but there is nothing wrong with outright insulting smokers for smoking even if they aren't breathing their second hand smoke on you.ad1x2

Yeah, these days, if you try and give people health advice - with only the best of intentions - they take it as a personal attack. When that happens, I just think..."well, rather you than me".

Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

I'm Trying to lose weight, its actually harder than one thinks.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#54 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

There were periods in my childhood where I was really chubby, and went on big diets. The hardest part is just being hungry... and being in a family where food is a big comfort and reward, making yourself not eat it is awful. You just feel so badly about yourself.

Like, you want it, it will make you feel better, but you cant. Feelings of "How did I let it go this far" also come into play.

Its awful.

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

It's called lazy and undisciplined.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
They love food.. and the food companies wanna make as much money as they can.
00-Riddick-00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#57 00-Riddick-00
Member since 2009 • 18884 Posts
I have a sh1t metabolism.
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 hartsickdiscipl

I have a sh1t metabolism.00-Riddick-00

It can be improved drastically for 99% of people.

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts

i try. then the cravings and not feeling full become unbearable

SaudiFury
Eat more vegetable din, and low gi foods.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Nowadays people try to make you feel ashamed for even suggesting to somebody in a non-insulting way health tips. It isn't really our business but some of us don't want to see someone eat themselves to an early grave. It is funny when you think about the fact that you will be shamed for giving heath advise to the obese but there is nothing wrong with outright insulting smokers for smoking even if they aren't breathing their second hand smoke on you.ad1x2
Yeah I agree, but I think that's because obesity doesn't outright physically affect us, like smoking. My health isn't gonna go down the toilet because someone is fat, theoretically my health will if I'm exposed to 2nd hand smoke.
00-Riddick-00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 00-Riddick-00

It's called lazy and undisciplined.

hartsickdiscipl
Generalize much?
00-Riddick-00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 00-Riddick-00

[QUOTE="00-Riddick-00"]I have a sh1t metabolism.hartsickdiscipl

As if I haven't tried. You should probably stop talking about stuff you don't know jack about. And that 99% statistic is waaaaaayy off.
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

When I overeat it makes me stop appreciating the luxury of it, the taste of it, the texture.

That's how I know when I see somebody trying to fit as much in their mouth as they can at once as quickly as possible they aren't enjoying it... they just have an eating disorder and lack the common decency to stop being an economic burden.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

[QUOTE="00-Riddick-00"]I have a sh1t metabolism.00-Riddick-00

As if I haven't tried. You should probably stop talking about stuff you don't know jack about. And that 99% statistic is waaaaaayy off.

I know quite a bit about it. I sit on my ass or do light workouts, I gain weight. I eat a comparable amount and work out harder, I lose weight. It's a concept that applies to most people. Sure, there are some disorders that can interfere with that. The majority of people that think they are being held back by something like that are lying to themselves.

Tokugawa77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#65 Tokugawa77
Member since 2009 • 1554 Posts

[QUOTE="Tokugawa77"]

Look food habbits are not the way to lose weight. As long as you dont gorge yourself on a regular basis and stay away from trans fats and other garbage, all you gotta do is excersize. I don't mean jogging on a treadmill or something stupid like that, but find a physical activity that you enjoy. Paintball, skiing, martial arts, etc are all great physical activities with moderate to strenuous physical exertion; I knew a guy when I was doing brazilain jujitsu that dropped a good twenty pounds after three or four months of classes. I myself lost thrity pounds in one season of high school lacrosse. I still eat all the rich, fatty, salty, unhealthy food that I want, I just excersize as well.

Cataclism

You couldn't be more wrong. Losing weight is almost all about what and how much you eat. The reason some one is fat is because that person consumes more calories than needed, plain and simple. Exercise will make you healthier, no doubt about that, but it won't make you thinner by itself if you don't modify your diet. Keep in mind that it's not just *what* you eat but *how much* you eat. You can eat "rich, fatty food" and still get thinner just as long as you eat less calories than you burn (see French paradox). I, for example, was overweight for a long a long time and got to normal weight just by dieting. I didn't exercise at all during that time.

Yes, losing wieght is as simple as burning more calroies per day than you consume, but when people live sedentary lifestyles, they basically have nothing else to do but eat. Think about it. Sitting on the couch, watching tv, might as well grab a handful of chips. I already ate lunch, but damn does that cliff bar look good. When you are out doing stuff instead of laying around inside your house, you have much less incentives to snack. I mean, if you compensate for physical activity by saying "I just worked out for an hour, that means I can stuff my face now!" then no, excersize wont work. But I find it very hard to believe that someone can lose a significant amount of weight by dieting alone. I suppose my point is that yes, you can starve yourself, but that takes much more mental determination. Why not do something physical that you enjoy and lose the weight that way instead of torturing yourself? Excersize can become very habit forming, as I said earlier, actually cutting down on the amount you eat as a side effect.

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

I've tried intense work outs and diets in the past only to lose a few pounds and eventually gain them back. Now that I haven't done any intense excercises for a few months, I haven't gained or lost any weight since then. I'm still growing so my body will slim out eventually.

Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Rich3232
Member since 2012 • 2628 Posts
[QUOTE="ad1x2"]Nowadays people try to make you feel ashamed for even suggesting to somebody in a non-insulting way health tips. It isn't really our business but some of us don't want to see someone eat themselves to an early grave. It is funny when you think about the fact that you will be shamed for giving heath advise to the obese but there is nothing wrong with outright insulting smokers for smoking even if they aren't breathing their second hand smoke on you.Fightingfan
Yeah I agree, but I think that's because obesity doesn't outright physically affect us, like smoking. My health isn't gonna go down the toilet because someone is fat, theoretically my health will if I'm exposed to 2nd hand smoke.

You are mostly right, but having fat friends does increase your chances of being obese, and they do drive up our healthcare costs.
ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

2 years ago I used to have a good metabolism, used to be able to eat what I want and don't gain sh!t then one day all of a sudden it went to sh!t and I put on a bit of weight since then, not obsed or anything, just a little chubby. Iam just too lazy to loss the weight, you have to go on a diet and do crap loads of exerise over a pieroid of time to loss it, only to then quickly gain it back, who the hell wants to do that?

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

2 years ago I used to have a good metabolism, used to be able to eat what I want and don't gain sh!t then one day all of a sudden it went to sh!t and I put on a bit of weight since then, not obsed or anything, just a little chubby. Iam just too lazy to loss the weight, you have to go on a diet and do crap loads of exerise over a pieroid of time to loss it, only to then quickly gain it back, who the hell wants to do that?

ultimate-k

That's why a permanent lifestyle change is the only permanent solution. (apart from surgery which for some people is their only solution!)

Nayef_shroof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Nayef_shroof
Member since 2011 • 709 Posts
[QUOTE="EatShanna"]Think of the damage he could do in the name of Allah.MrPraline
There's so much suffering, death and damage in the name of him (nsfw), I would be surprised by nothing anymore

There's been so much violence in the name of God, Yahweh, and numerous ideologies (Communism, Fascism, Democracy, etc)
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#71 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

fat people are lazy and lack restraint

SirWander

I'm not fat but that is unnecessary for those that are.

I think the TC provided good possible answers to this question. I'm curious about the results.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
Undoing a lifetime of habit while possible is exceedingly difficult... few can manage without failing over and over then eventually quiting... and theres that whole "being fat isn't really all that bad day to day" thing also...
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="EatShanna"]Think of the damage he could do in the name of Allah.Nayef_shroof
There's so much suffering, death and damage in the name of him (nsfw), I would be surprised by nothing anymore

There's been so much violence in the name of God, Yahweh, and numerous ideologies (Communism, Fascism, Democracy, etc)

Oh, that too. But since he named Allah it would be silly of me to talk about irrelevant causes. Just sort of like what you are doing to me.
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts

[QUOTE="Cataclism"][QUOTE="Tokugawa77"]

Tokugawa77

Yes, losing wieght is as simple as burning more calroies per day than you consume, but when people live sedentary lifestyles, they basically have nothing else to do but eat. Think about it. Sitting on the couch, watching tv, might as well grab a handful of chips. I already ate lunch, but damn does that cliff bar look good. When you are out doing stuff instead of laying around inside your house, you have much less incentives to snack. I mean, if you compensate for physical activity by saying "I just worked out for an hour, that means I can stuff my face now!" then no, excersize wont work. But I find it very hard to believe that someone can lose a significant amount of weight by dieting alone. I suppose my point is that yes, you can starve yourself, but that takes much more mental determination. Why not do something physical that you enjoy and lose the weight that way instead of torturing yourself? Excersize can become very habit forming, as I said earlier, actually cutting down on the amount you eat as a side effect.

I couldn't lose weight by exercise... I played basketball football and ran track but I merely stayed the same Weight(I was much healthier) dieting(what im doing now) is working...
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#75 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

9 months of working out and a low calorie / fat diet and i lost 30 lbs. my metabolism sucks no matter what i do. the only time i ever actually lost a significant amount of weight was when i was homeless, i dropped like 90 lbs in 4 months. even then, that was only because i'd go 4-5 days without eating and just drinking lots of nice free water.

Cataclism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Cataclism
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

[QUOTE="Cataclism"][QUOTE="Tokugawa77"]

Tokugawa77

Exercise is great for you but it won't be much help if you don't change how you eat. The thing is, exercise actually burns very little calories than people usually think. The grand majority of caloric burning is just from basal metabolism. It most definitely helps but controlling the diet is much more important. Starvation is not necessary either, if one just focuses on eating foods with low caloric content and lots of fiber to keep you full like vegetables, oats and the like. I don't want anyone to take this as an excuse to stop exercising though. Even if not with the goal to lose weight, everyone should exercise at least a bit. No doubt about that.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="SaudiFury"]

i try. then the cravings and not feeling full become unbearable

br0kenrabbit

You're not suppose to eat until you're full. You're also suppose to be hungry a good hour or two before you eat. It's called an appetite.

It's normal.

A meal is not over when I'm full. It's over when I hate myself

/sarcasm :P

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts
Its not just about food consumption. Everyone has a different metabolism as well a different set of genes. My son for example is 18, 6'0 and about 170 lbs. Has never touched a weight in his life but is ripped and can dominate at any sport. He can eat anything he wants and as much as he wants. I on the other hand am of the shorter, stocky nature and have to really watch what I eat especially being over the age of 40. I think people are being very ignorant when they say "oh just watch what you eat and exercise". It simply isn't always that easy.
quebec946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 quebec946
Member since 2007 • 1607 Posts

OCD. and my medication

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

wis3boi

Haha. So you're one of those people who'll complain about being stuffed, but can't turn down dessert when offered, hunh?

:P

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

br0kenrabbit

Haha. So you're one of those people who'll complain about being stuffed, but can't turn down dessert when offered, hunh?

:P

actually I rarely eat sweets, and if I do it's much later after dinner.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

actually I rarely eat sweets, and if I do it's much later after dinner.

wis3boi

I'm not a big sweets fan, either...but I'd tear through you and your mom to get at a sopapella with ice cream. :)

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3116 Posts
Some more interesting responses. One in particular is this issue of difficulty. No one is saying losing weight and getting healthy is easy. But difficult is not the same as impossible. People today seem to equat difficulty or some adversity with "can't be done" and give up. Maybe simplistic, but if you're willing to put in the work and be disciplined, anything is possible. And I reiterate: 99% of attractive, fit ladies want a man who is also attractive and fit. Want a good looking woman? Get in shape because unless you gots a ton of money, your 40 inch processed food waist ain't getting one.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
Part of the reason people get fat is because they often do not think about what they eat and it is especially true if they are working all the time and have a lot of stress. A person needs to choose to help themselves and use self control and discipline and they could easily lost a few pounds per month. You dont have to give up all your favorite foods, just keep track of your total intake and try to keep it at about 1200-1600 calories a day (depending on size). I dont know how some people "like" being overweight to the point that most people would say fat. No one needs to be skin and bones or an athlete, but for most people the BMI calculator is actually a pretty good guideline except for bodybuilders or other people that are largely muscular.
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
[QUOTE="Kurushio"]Part of the reason people get fat is because they often do not think about what they eat and it is especially true if they are working all the time and have a lot of stress. A person needs to choose to help themselves and use self control and discipline and they could easily lost a few pounds per month. You dont have to give up all your favorite foods, just keep track of your total intake and try to keep it at about 1200-1600 calories a day (depending on size). I dont know how some people "like" being overweight to the point that most people would say fat. No one needs to be skin and bones or an athlete, but for most people the BMI calculator is actually a pretty good guideline except for bodybuilders or other people that are largely muscular.

Where did you get that base caloric intake? Stickville? The average intake for a small female is 1800 calories, the average male intake should be higher than that. Maybe 2000-2500 calories.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#87 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Exercising is hard and it takes time. Also, I think there are levels of being overweight that aren't all that bad. Obesity is certainly a problem, but if you're relatively happy and healthy then there's no problem. I used to be very overweight, but a vegetarian diet and riding my bike around campus all day has me down to a reasonable size. I'm still overwight, but I'm not obese and I feel fine about myself. In my view if I ever get around to exercising it'll be a good thing, but I don't feel like it's a necessity.

Some more interesting responses. One in particular is this issue of difficulty. No one is saying losing weight and getting healthy is easy. But difficult is not the same as impossible. People today seem to equat difficulty or some adversity with "can't be done" and give up. Maybe simplistic, but if you're willing to put in the work and be disciplined, anything is possible. And I reiterate: 99% of attractive, fit ladies want a man who is also attractive and fit. Want a good looking woman? Get in shape because unless you gots a ton of money, your 40 inch processed food waist ain't getting one.GalvatronType_R

In my experience there are more fit women who appreciate men with good personalities over men with great bodies than unfit women who do. Of course this is all anecdotal, the truth is there are probably plenty of women in both categories who have differing opinions and you're probably just full of sh*t. I honestly hope most women aren't as shallow as you make them out to be.

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3116 Posts

Exercising is hard and it takes time. Also, I think there are levels of being overweight that aren't all that bad. Obesity is certainly a problem, but if you're relatively happy and healthy then there's no problem. I used to be very overweight, but a vegetarian diet and riding my bike around campus all day has me down to a reasonable size. I'm still overwight, but I'm not obese and I feel fine about myself. In my view if I ever get around to exercising it'll be a good thing, but I don't feel like it's a necessity.

[QUOTE="GalvatronType_R"]Some more interesting responses. One in particular is this issue of difficulty. No one is saying losing weight and getting healthy is easy. But difficult is not the same as impossible. People today seem to equat difficulty or some adversity with "can't be done" and give up. Maybe simplistic, but if you're willing to put in the work and be disciplined, anything is possible. And I reiterate: 99% of attractive, fit ladies want a man who is also attractive and fit. Want a good looking woman? Get in shape because unless you gots a ton of money, your 40 inch processed food waist ain't getting one.theone86

In my experience there are more fit women who appreciate men with good personalities over men with great bodies than unfit women who do. Of course this is all anecdotal, the truth is there are probably plenty of women in both categories who have differing opinions and you're probably just full of sh*t. I honestly hope most women aren't as shallow as you make them out to be.

Shallow? Please...

There is nothing wrong with wanting a mate who is in good physical shape, especially if you are in good physical shape.

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Kurushio

[QUOTE="Kurushio"]Part of the reason people get fat is because they often do not think about what they eat and it is especially true if they are working all the time and have a lot of stress. A person needs to choose to help themselves and use self control and discipline and they could easily lost a few pounds per month. You dont have to give up all your favorite foods, just keep track of your total intake and try to keep it at about 1200-1600 calories a day (depending on size). I dont know how some people "like" being overweight to the point that most people would say fat. No one needs to be skin and bones or an athlete, but for most people the BMI calculator is actually a pretty good guideline except for bodybuilders or other people that are largely muscular.lonewolf604
Where did you get that base caloric intake? Stickville? The average intake for a small female is 1800 calories, the average male intake should be higher than that. Maybe 2000-2500 calories.

To maintain their weight, yes you are right. To lose weight you should intake at least 1200 and preferably no more than 1600. That way you could indulge a day a week and still be ok calorie wise, not even including any exercise. You can drop about 3-4lbs a month which is a perfectly healthy drop in weight and you wouldnt be starving. It does depend on the size of the person as well. A heavy 6ft tall male could have a much higher calorie intake and still lose weight, but what i said still holds true. Also reducing sodium intake is another biggie since it makes you retain water and most people consume way more than they should each day.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#91 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="GalvatronType_R"]Some more interesting responses. One in particular is this issue of difficulty. No one is saying losing weight and getting healthy is easy. But difficult is not the same as impossible. People today seem to equat difficulty or some adversity with "can't be done" and give up. Maybe simplistic, but if you're willing to put in the work and be disciplined, anything is possible. And I reiterate: 99% of attractive, fit ladies want a man who is also attractive and fit. Want a good looking woman? Get in shape because unless you gots a ton of money, your 40 inch processed food waist ain't getting one.GalvatronType_R

Shallow? Please...

There is nothing wrong with wanting a mate who is in good physical shape, especially if you are in good physical shape.

You basically said that most (or physically fit) women are interested in three things: a good body, money, or a big d*ck. If that's all a woman is interested in then yes, she is shallow and not a f*ck should be given when she goes out with someone for those factors alone and then gets cheated on when her probably equally shallow boyfriend gets bored with her looks. It's not wrong for physical attraction to be a factor but, putting aside for the moment the fact that it is subjective, if it's all you're concerned about then you are shallow, that's the very definition of shallow.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

[QUOTE="lonewolf604"][QUOTE="Kurushio"]Part of the reason people get fat is because they often do not think about what they eat and it is especially true if they are working all the time and have a lot of stress. A person needs to choose to help themselves and use self control and discipline and they could easily lost a few pounds per month. You dont have to give up all your favorite foods, just keep track of your total intake and try to keep it at about 1200-1600 calories a day (depending on size). I dont know how some people "like" being overweight to the point that most people would say fat. No one needs to be skin and bones or an athlete, but for most people the BMI calculator is actually a pretty good guideline except for bodybuilders or other people that are largely muscular.Kurushio

To maintain their weight, yes you are right. To lose weight you should intake at least 1200 and preferably no more than 1600. That way you could indulge a day a week and still be ok calorie wise, not even including any exercise. You can drop about 3-4lbs a month which is a perfectly healthy drop in weight and you wouldnt be starving. It does depend on the size of the person as well. A heavy 6ft tall male could have a much higher calorie intake and still lose weight, but what i said still holds true. Also reducing sodium intake is another biggie since it makes you retain water and most people consume way more than they should each day.

Yeah but eating 1200 calories is the minimum for survival, that's practically what bodybuilders eat to prepare for competition day....to lose weight its best to eat smarter (better calories), and exercise. It needs to be a little bit of both.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

This thread is purely out of curiosity. A few months ago, I posted asking fat guys how they got that way.

Now, I want to explore the reasons what, if they are aware of themselves, prevents them from losing weight.

GalvatronType_R

These questions are always difficult.

You, for example, why don't assh*les just stop being assh*les?

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#94 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

I hate being able to see my own weiner. I don't even have any mirrors in my house.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#95 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

i want to lose weight

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Kurushio
[QUOTE="Kurushio"]

[QUOTE="lonewolf604"] Where did you get that base caloric intake? Stickville? The average intake for a small female is 1800 calories, the average male intake should be higher than that. Maybe 2000-2500 calories. lonewolf604

Yeah but eating 1200 calories is the minimum for survival, that's practically what bodybuilders eat to prepare for competition day....to lose weight its best to eat smarter (better calories), and exercise. It needs to be a little bit of both.

There is no such thing as "better" calories. A calorie is still a calorie. Now making sure you dont eat empty calories like soft drinks or sugary foods is different. Also you cant compare the calorie needs of a bodybuilder to an average person and 1200 is not the bare minimum for most people per day, but it would generally be a safe amount for people that wanted to see results of dieting after just a couple of weeks. Im not any kind of nutritionist, but i do know a little something about it as this is what i did to go from a BMI of 30 down to under 23 in mostly about 9 months time. It also took me walking hundreds of miles during that time but i also didnt deprive myself of things i like from time to time, from fast food to deserts. It depends on the individual and their current size on how many calories they need to maintain weight and how much they are willing to cut under that counts towards how fast they lose the weight. For the vast majority being overweight is really more of a choice or a lack of understanding of nutrition and underestimating how much they are eating.
undergroundLPx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 undergroundLPx
Member since 2003 • 710 Posts

Eating and chilling is a very easy lifestyle.

nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#98 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

I'm not fat anymore but I used to be. It was just kind of a cycle I fell into of being really lazy drinking beer, eating junk food, and playing video games in my free time. The thing that makes me not wanna be fat is just the basic lack of energy and feeling useless lol. Lifting heavy at the gym or mountain biking is just so rewarding compared to the lazy lifestyle.

TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 TonyDanzaFan
Member since 2010 • 2973 Posts
A kid who has been fat since he was five, yeah totally his choice to be fat. Everybody is different. Skinny people telling fat people that they are slobs and blah blah blah is equivalent to Cindy Crawford insulting an ugly woman because she chose to be ugly instead of choosing to be beautiful like her.
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

A kid who has been fat since he was five, yeah totally his choice to be fat. Everybody is different. Skinny people telling fat people that they are slobs and blah blah blah is equivalent to Cindy Crawford insulting an ugly woman because she chose to be ugly instead of choosing to be beautiful like her. TonyDanzaFan

The kid isn't to blame, but his parents are technically neglecting/abusing the child by over-feeding it.