Fat guys: why not lose weight?

• 130 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3112 Posts

This thread is purely out of curiosity. A few months ago, I posted asking fat guys how they got that way.

Now, I want to explore the reasons what, if they are aware of themselves, prevents them from losing weight.

MetalDogGear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MetalDogGear
Member since 2013 • 825 Posts

This thread is purely out of curiosity. A few months ago, I posted asking fat guys how they got that way.

Now, I want to explore the reasons what, if they are aware of themselves, prevents them from losing weight.

GalvatronType_R
It's complicated People are complicated You can't just tell people to do something that requires an immense amount of willpower
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#3 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

i try. then the cravings and not feeling full become unbearable

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
I'm a food hobbyist.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

Some people like being chubby?

I think some try, but you have to remember losing weight isn't easy(initially-psychologically). You have to correct a life time of bad eating habits until good habits persist as normal.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
I don't understand how you can't figure something like this out on your own.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

SaudiFury
Saffron can help with that.
MetalDogGear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MetalDogGear
Member since 2013 • 825 Posts

I don't understand how you can't figure something like this out on your own. JML897
OP is a ****

applesxc47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 applesxc47
Member since 2008 • 10761 Posts

I'm not fat, but I fall entirely under options 1 and 2.

Tokugawa77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Tokugawa77
Member since 2009 • 1554 Posts

Look food habbits are not the way to lose weight. As long as you dont gorge yourself on a regular basis and stay away from trans fats and other garbage, all you gotta do is excersize. I don't mean jogging on a treadmill or something stupid like that, but find a physical activity that you enjoy. Paintball, skiing, martial arts, etc are all great physical activities with moderate to strenuous physical exertion; I knew a guy when I was doing brazilain jujitsu that dropped a good twenty pounds after three or four months of classes. I myself lost thrity pounds in one season of high school lacrosse. I still eat all the rich, fatty, salty, unhealthy food that I want, I just excersize as well.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I'm a food hobbyist.Zeviander

:lol:

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

Look food habbits are not the way to lose weight. As long as you dont gorge yourself on a regular basis and stay away from trans fats and other garbage, all you gotta do is excersize. I don't mean jogging on a treadmill or something stupid like that, but find a physical activity that you enjoy. Paintball, skiing, martial arts, etc are all great physical activities with moderate to strenuous physical exertion; I knew a guy when I was doing brazilain jujitsu that dropped a good twenty pounds after three or four months of classes. I myself lost thrity pounds in one season of high school lacrosse. I still eat all the rich, fatty, salty, unhealthy food that I want, I just excersize as well.

Tokugawa77
This. People tend to think by "dieting" you need to starve yourself and just eat a lot of skinless chicken and veggies all the time, which isn't the case. I like to think of "dieting" as "eating smarter". Every now and then I'll have fast food, a chocolate bar, and what not, but I obviously don't eat it everyday.
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

TC, so you want me to miss out on all this?

pancakes.jpg

PSD_Food_illustrations_3194_chocolate_de

delicious-food-yum-Favim.com-183557.jpg

food_steak_desktop_1302x1020_wallpaper-4

cake-chocolate-delicious-food-Favim.com-

Food-delicious-recipes-23444865-1024-768

awesome-candy-cool-delicious-food-Favim.

delicious-food-good-photography-pizza-Fa

chocolate-cookies-cream-delicious-food-F

Photos%20of%20delicious%20foods%20trigge\

more-delicious-looking-food-pics-part2-1

Food_Pizza_Delicious_pizza_029580_.jpg

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts
Anti depressants make it hard(er). Though in the passed two years alone I've lost 40-50lbs and gained it and lost it again. Consistency is the hard part for me.
SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

fat people are lazy and lack restraint

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#16 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
Cause we need the fat friend to complete the group.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
I guess I'd say I'm fat. Not obese, but definitely overweight. Anyway, I guess the reason I don't lose weight is because I don't want to. Let me clarify that. I have no problem losing weight for short periods of time, I sometimes even lose significant weight purely by accident. The thing is, I'm assuming that we aren't talking about short term weight loss, but rather long term weight loss. Short term weight loss is easy, but long term weight loss requires constant life-long changes. And...I don't want to do that. I have difficulty sticking to such routines long enough for them to become habit, which means that any lapses just result in the weight coming back. I long ago realized that I don't have the patience or the interest to go through the work of keeping the weight off for good, so I'm content being a little bit fat. Now...if I ever become obese, then maybe I'll change my mind.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MrGeezer

Tokugawa77
I don't want to do that stuff either.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

SaudiFury

You're not suppose to eat until you're full. You're also suppose to be hungry a good hour or two before you eat. It's called an appetite.

It's normal.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 br0kenrabbit

This. People tend to think by "dieting" you need to starve yourself and just eat a lot of skinless chicken and veggies all the time, which isn't the case. I like to think of "dieting" as "eating smarter". Every now and then I'll have fast food, a chocolate bar, and what not, but I obviously don't eat it everyday. lonewolf604

I eat some really crappy foods, I just don't eat a lot in one setting. It's rare a finish a fast food meal (burger and fries). It's not that I'm belly-busting full, I just stop eating when I feel satisfied.

I also bust ass most days, either at my house or my parents.

I'm fully convienced it's not what you eat (calories are calories), it's how much and what you do between meals.

If you don't put in a couple of hours of physical labor every day (walking doesn't count) and eat 3 full meals a day, getting fat is a given.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Just use the lipolytic power of testosterone.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
i dun get how people get fat not eating is ez just sleep 12 hrs and forget to eat
ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts
Nowadays people try to make you feel ashamed for even suggesting to somebody in a non-insulting way health tips. It isn't really our business but some of us don't want to see someone eat themselves to an early grave. It is funny when you think about the fact that you will be shamed for giving heath advise to the obese but there is nothing wrong with outright insulting smokers for smoking even if they aren't breathing their second hand smoke on you.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 br0kenrabbit

Blazerdt47

That looks fvcking disgusting.

Wanna know what's grosser than gross? An (unfertilized) egg is essentially a chickens period.

True.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

br0kenrabbit

Wanna know what's grosser than gross? An (unfertilized) egg is essentially a chickens period.

True.

Yum
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MrGeezer

True.

br0kenrabbit
And crabs are basically the bugs of the sea. Giant ocean roaches that crawl on the ground eating fish $***. Oh, people won't eat frog legs or fried scorpions because that's weird, and then they have no problem gobbling down on the bugs of the sea. And don't even get me started on oysters (especially the raw ones). That is literally some of the nastiest stuff in the world, and people go for it as if it was crack. I just don't get it. Not only does it have the taste and texture of a big glob of salty snot, but it's the raw crap collectors of the sea. If crabs are the roaches of the sea because they crawl around eating $***, at least people cook crabs. Not so with oysters. Those things are filter feeders, they gobble up anything including $***. People then eat those things WHOLE (including the whole digestive tract, which is just packed with $***), and they don't even bother to cook it first. It's just "here's a big pile of $***, I'm gonna stuff it into my mouth". Nastiest crap ever. But hey...apparently people think it tastes good. I don't understand that AT ALL, but it's not any of my business.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 br0kenrabbit

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

True.

MrGeezer

And crabs are basically the bugs of the sea. Giant ocean roaches that crawl on the ground eating fish $***. Oh, people won't eat frog legs or fried scorpions because that's weird, and then they have no problem gobbling down on the bugs of the sea. And don't even get me started on oysters (especially the raw ones). That is literally some of the nastiest stuff in the world, and people go for it as if it was crack. I just don't get it. Not only does it have the taste and texture of a big glob of salty snot, but it's the raw crap collectors of the sea. If crabs are the roaches of the sea because they crawl around eating $***, at least people cook crabs. Not so with oysters. Those things are filter feeders, they gobble up anything including $***. People then eat those things WHOLE (including the whole digestive tract, which is just packed with $***), and they don't even bother to cook it first. It's just "here's a big pile of $***, I'm gonna stuff it into my mouth". Nastiest crap ever. But hey...apparently people think it tastes good. I don't understand that AT ALL, but it's not any of my business.

Crabs/Lobsters aren't insects, so they can't rightly be called 'bugs'. But they are bottom-feeders, and both taste like heaven with a little garlic butter.

Clams...only good in chowder.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dave123321
I love love love crab legs. Frog legs are good. DIFFERENT strokes for DIFFRENT folks. Soft shell crab. Oysters aren't my thing. Had some scorpion. It was ok
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dave123321
Love lobster too
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dave123321
Noticed I forgot to say what I wanted to say about soft shelled crab
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 br0kenrabbit

Love lobster too dave123321

Why does the pink pony in your sig have no neck or head? And that other one has it's eyeballs pulled out?

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MrGeezer

Crabs/Lobsters aren't insects, so they can't rightly be called 'bugs'. But they are bottom-feeders, and both taste like heaven with a little garlic butter.

Clams...only good in chowder.

br0kenrabbit
I know that crustaceans aren't bugs, I also know that most insects aren't even bugs. Doesn't matter. I'm using the word in the (incorrect) popular sense. Roaches aren't bugs either, but people sure as hell won't eat them because "ew, eating bugs is nasty".
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dave123321

[QUOTE="dave123321"]Love lobster too br0kenrabbit

Why does the pink pony in your sig have no neck or head? And that other one has it's eyeballs pulled out?

The headless pony is behind the yellow pony. It's there. Just blocked. I think the eyeless pony is in the process of blinking or something
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

someone's gotta love the fat girls

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 br0kenrabbit

The headless pony is behind the yellow pony. It's there. Just blocked. I think the eyeless pony is in the process of blinking or something dave123321

I wish my blinking looked like that. :(

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 br0kenrabbit

I know that crustaceans aren't bugs, I also know that most insects aren't even bugs. Doesn't matter. I'm using the word in the (incorrect) popular sense. Roaches aren't bugs either, but people sure as hell won't eat them because "ew, eating bugs is nasty".MrGeezer

Haven't had roaches, but I've had grasshoppers.

dexixg.jpg

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

b/c ppl are lazy

just eat what you want and cardio it off

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dave123321

[QUOTE="dave123321"] The headless pony is behind the yellow pony. It's there. Just blocked. I think the eyeless pony is in the process of blinking or something br0kenrabbit

I wish my blinking looked like that. :(

Me too. The eyeless look just seems to be caused at pausing the scene at a certain moment that makes it look odd. Though the demon look isn't noticeable when watching that moment.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

b/c ppl are lazy

just eat what you want and cardio it off

coolbeans90
that requires effort
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MrGeezer
and both taste like heaven with a little garlic butter.br0kenrabbit
Anyway, I got sidetracked before by talking about what does and does not make up a "bug". My whole point was that pretty much ANYTHING can seem nasty if one gets too bogged down in the concept of it. Yeah...eating chicken periods absolutely sounds disgusting in concept. But apparently, many people (including me) think that it tastes absolutely delicious. *shrugs* What can I say? Some people like stuff that other people hate, and there's no understanding to be done other than simply realizing "different strokes for different folks." I have this thing for sucking on crawfish heads. Nasty? Yeah. But what can I say? I just plain like it.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dave123321
[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]and both taste like heaven with a little garlic butter.MrGeezer
Anyway, I got sidetracked before by talking about what does and does not make up a "bug". My whole point was that pretty much ANYTHING can seem nasty if one gets too bogged down in the concept of it. Yeah...eating chicken periods absolutely sounds disgusting in concept. But apparently, many people (including me) think that it tastes absolutely delicious. *shrugs* What can I say? Some people like stuff that other people hate, and there's no understanding to be done other than simply realizing "different strokes for different folks." I have this thing for sucking on crawfish heads. Nasty? Yeah. But what can I say? I just plain like it.

Agreed. Am glad you elaborated on your point after getting sidetracked.
cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1842 Posts

My primary reason for it was simple two years ago. I was in great shape prior before a car accident that derailed my life upside down--long story not going to bother to tell. I asked myself these two questions: Will life be 'better' if I was fit? Will life be 'happier' if I was still fit? Both basically ended up with a resounding "no". 4 years later (going into the fifth) and now I'm currently working off the fat--lost a little over 50+ lbs already. Obviously, both those questions are now answered "yes". Life has changed and the hell from the car accident is now just a distant memory.

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3112 Posts
Some interesting responses. One in particular that is popular is that someone can eat junk and processed food all day, exercise, and they will be okay. Not true. You are still ingesting tons of salt and cholesterol and the calories and fat that you eat could take days and weeks of cardio to work off. Also, I'm always amused by the Internet keyboard male models who say they only want toned girls who take care of themselves but these guys probably have 40 inch waists and 30% body fat. Two things: if you are overweight and expect to have a woman that has a killer body, you are either delusional, hypocritical, or both; if you are overweight, unless you have a lot of money, the chances that you will end up with a girl who could be a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader are slim (see what I did there?) to none.
EatShanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 EatShanna
Member since 2008 • 875 Posts

Oh, another fat thread, haven't seen one of those in a while. Ah OT, nothing but threads about fat people, Islam and gun control.

Should fat people own guns? Take this guy for example - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jgGK4NJ8Hk

He could fire an M60 from the hip without being affected by the recoil. What if the person working at McD's mess up his order? What's stopping him from going on an unstoppable rampage?

He's like Blob, projectiles won't pierce his indestructible layer of fat. What if he converts to Islam and joins a terrorist organization? Think of the damage he could do in the name of Allah.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
Think of the damage he could do in the name of Allah.EatShanna
There's so much suffering, death and damage in the name of him (nsfw), I would be surprised by nothing anymore
EatShanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 EatShanna
Member since 2008 • 875 Posts
Really? Not even by an obese man wearing a leotard running around mowing down people with his M60?
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
Really? Not even by an obese man wearing a leotard running around mowing down people with his M60? EatShanna
Hah. That would be slightly disturbing, I guess.
zenogandia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 zenogandia
Member since 2012 • 861 Posts

I did lose the weight. Took me a year, but I went down from 306 to 173.:D It's not as easy as people make out to be. Some of us aren't athletic, lazy, like to eat a lot, but when you determine to change your lifestyle then anything is possible.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Why don't skinny guys gain weight?

It's not as easy as you think.

hippiesanta