Facebook Figures Fall In UK And US

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

[QUOTE="Optical_Order"]

Yeah, deleting your facebook is kind of weird too. When you click to do that Facbook tries to mind**** you and shows friends of yours with pictures and says "John will miss you!" "Karie will miss you!"

After I deleted it I got an email a week later saying my Facebook was reinstated :roll: I hope this site dies out. I don't get why people like to look at all of the pointless, self-indulgent statuses.

horgen123

You can't delete your profile there, only deactivate it.

:? how do you delete it then?

arad96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 arad96
Member since 2009 • 7783 Posts

I find Facebook to be a good medium with which to keep in touch with family and friends when i cant be near them. Its great for organising things, and is a good way to receive news and information. For me, it is cheaper than texting or calling via mobile (I get a data allowance on my phone while my plan remains cheap, and overall costs less than someone on Pre Paid would spend), and is a good way to talk with many friends at once (i cant exactly have 6 different phones going at once but on FB i can communicate with many people at the one time).

I have friends that live outside the country, and Facebook is a LOT cheaper than calling them, plus a lot easier as i can see when they are available to talk.

Plus, then there are pages of things like Sports Teams, which give daily updates on the site, and make the delivery of news andcontent based media more accessable.

No, i like Facebook, it gives me the ability to do many things that would otherwise take a great deal more effort (or money)otherwise.

So i hope it sticks around.

1nf4m0us

Very good, sir. That basically explains how I feel about facebook.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="emb4"]i use twitter more, twitter is probably going to replace itjudog1
Twitter may be able to beat Facebook in terms of activity, but I think that many people will feel restricted with just 140 characters.

Twitter is pretty simplisitic and limited, isn't it? When my friend describes it and shows it to me, I wonder how it can keep up with Facebook.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
Not surprising considering facebook was kicking thousands upon thousands of underage users off their site everyday. That had to be a bulk of the impact.
Inger1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Inger1
Member since 2005 • 941 Posts

I find Facebook to be a good medium with which to keep in touch with family and friends when i cant be near them. Its great for organising things, and is a good way to receive news and information. For me, it is cheaper than texting or calling via mobile (I get a data allowance on my phone while my plan remains cheap, and overall costs less than someone on Pre Paid would spend), and is a good way to talk with many friends at once (i cant exactly have 6 different phones going at once but on FB i can communicate with many people at the one time).

I have friends that live outside the country, and Facebook is a LOT cheaper than calling them, plus a lot easier as i can see when they are available to talk.

Plus, then there are pages of things like Sports Teams, which give daily updates on the site, and make the delivery of news andcontent based media more accessable.

No, i like Facebook, it gives me the ability to do many things that would otherwise take a great deal more effort (or money)otherwise.

1nf4m0us

This is pretty much exactly how I feel about Facebook. Not sure why so many people hate it so much. If you don't like it you don't have to use it, but for those who do use it its a great tool for keeping in touch with others and organizing events.

I can understand the privacy concerns but the key is to just be smart and limit access/choose what kind of information you share. Some obvious things are not sharing your birthday(or at least your birth year), don't share your address, your middle name, basic things like that. Making your profile private is also another obvious, easy thing to do.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#56 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

claps hands

about time ,

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
Darn you Twitter! :x And by the way Facebook is awesome. Don't be jelly :)
joesh89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 308

#58 joesh89
Member since 2008 • 8489 Posts

Oh well... I barely ever used mine in the short time that I had it. I didn't need that sort of social interaction with the people I know, its too much all the time.

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

It seems to me that people who don't really interact with many others don't like Facebook.Is that true for OT?

Because in all seriousness, there's no real reason to hate Facebook. Anything you don't want on Facebook will only go on there if you willingly do so. Plus there's loads of privacy options so that only certain people can see certain things. Plus it's an all-round great tool to use for many things that's probably already been mentioned in this thread by a few users.

ROFLCOPTER603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 ROFLCOPTER603
Member since 2010 • 2140 Posts

It seems to me that people who don't really interact with many others don't like Facebook.Is that true for OT?

Because in all seriousness, there's no real reason to hate Facebook. Anything you don't want on Facebook will only go on there if you willingly do so. Plus there's loads of privacy options so that only certain people can see certain things. Plus it's an all-round great tool to use for many things that's probably already been mentioned in this thread by a few users.

MadVybz

This.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

MadVybz

If I don't like interacting with people on the Internet, then I must not like interacting with people in real life? Is that right? Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying.

sabru8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#62 sabru8
Member since 2003 • 4144 Posts
Every good thing must come to an end. It will fade off or morph into something else that will be new the fad.
MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MadVybz

[QUOTE="MadVybz"]

Palantas

If I don't like interacting with people on the Internet, then I must not like interacting with people in real life? Is that right? Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying.

No no no, other way round. There's quite a few people in my school who aren't very sociable and always complain about Facebook. I was wondering if that would be same case for most people.

Kimimaro_DS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Kimimaro_DS
Member since 2011 • 129 Posts

MadVybz
90% of people who hate Facebook don't have anyone to keep in touch with.
Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
Fbook is trendy, fastest way to find someone and talk to them really.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

No no no, other way round. There's quite a few people in my school who aren't very sociable and always complain about Facebook. I was wondering if that would be same case for most people.

MadVybz

Oh. I have no idea. I don't know any un-sociable people.

KYLEseXY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 KYLEseXY
Member since 2007 • 228 Posts
I don't understand how this could be good news to or how it even affects non-fans of Facebook.
PerfectCircles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 PerfectCircles
Member since 2009 • 2359 Posts
I haven't noticed a drop in friends so I'm not concerned. I don't get the hate for Facebook it's really useful for organizing events and keeping up with people.
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts

I hate when people with no friends try to downplay other people for having facebook

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#70 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

I left it a couple of years ago.

It's awesome to see and catch up with friends that you haven't seen for years, but then it just kinda became a cesspool shameless marketing and people who don't really seem to grasp the internet and it's 'etiqutte', for lack of a better word.

T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

I hardly use mine. Only used it today cuz my friend keeps tagging me in pictures. I had to go a detag myself.

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 MadVybz

but then it just kinda became a cesspool shameless marketing and people who don't really seem to grasp the internet and it's 'etiqutte',

supa_badman

lolwut?

Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
I don't really understand why people care so much about Facebook. Either use it or don't, but quit complaining about it for god's sake.
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#74 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

It's only a matter of time before it ends up becoming like MySpace.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#75 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

These sites are a fad.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

[QUOTE="1nf4m0us"]

SpartanMSU

Agreed. I don't see why people bash it. It's a great tool to keep connected with people.

agreed, also I can now use it to make comments on almost any news article due to the fact that they have linked up with nearly everyone.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Hexagon_777

Not surprising considering facebook was kicking thousands upon thousands of underage users off their site everyday. That had to be a bulk of the impact. ferrari2001
What qualifies as an underage user on Facebook?

TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

It's only a matter of time before it ends up becoming like MySpace.

soulless4now

Yep, this.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Hexagon_777

It's only a matter of time before it ends up becoming like MySpace.soulless4now
MySpace never had the figures that Facebook has, though.

LazyMushroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 LazyMushroom
Member since 2011 • 914 Posts

I have a Facebook account but only have about 20-30 friends and hardly ever use it. I only sign in if I need to talk to friends.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d773aa56272
deactivated-57d773aa56272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-57d773aa56272
Member since 2006 • 2292 Posts

Die Facebook Die

EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#82 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts
Has to happen eventually. I have always wondered why people are always shocked when something starts to slow down (like people joining Facbook or a product not selling as much as before). Growth isn't infinite and will slow down eventually.
martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

Yes!!! Can we all go to tumblr now? its awesome!

Avatar image for XiaolinPrincess
XiaolinPrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 XiaolinPrincess
Member since 2006 • 7907 Posts
People are finally realizing that A. Facebook is overrated B. There are dangers to Facebook that could cause someone not to be employed.
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#85 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

I made a Facebook account to look up one person, however she doesn't have a Facebook account so I don't use mine. =/

And anyway, a lotm of people are going to sign up to see what the fuss is about, and many more will get bored of it, I wouldn't imagine that Facebook could keep on growing without losing a whole bunch of people...

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

facebook used to be pretty fun actually in 2007. But then it went all mainstrem and now it's plagued with surveys, links with tracking cookies, and a really messed up chat system.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I have a facebook account. I don't understand all the hate, but I also only use it to keep in touch with old school friends. I don't play any games on it anymore. haven't in months and don't plan on it again. But for what I use facebook for, I like it.

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
all good/bad things come to an end. im a facebook user but im getting tired of it but i cant stay off it either. i feel like its a stupid popularity contest in one sense. i just hate people that friend others after they meet them one time and that might be it.
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#89 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I like facebook. Its nice being able to interact with people you dont get to see very often. Or just exchanging messages/information.

Its good.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#90 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Maybe those users died?

jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#91 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts

That's kind of funny, because I deactivated my facebook account this morning. I felt like I wasn't getting anything useful out of having it.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Hexagon_777

Yes!!! Can we all go to tumblr now? its awesome!martinX3X
Seems like Twitter to me. On that note, Twitter doesn't seem to gain any hate at all compared to Facebook. Why is that?

big_borris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 big_borris
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I don't think facebook will disappear at all. There are a lot of people leaving, but relatively few compared to the total numbers. How many of those leaving are fake accounts and how many leaving will be coming back? I have left facebook three times, and three times come back, because as much as I dislike it, I miss out on a lot by not having it. You miss out on invites to events, and people have started using facebook to contact you in place of email. It is basically essential for my work right now which is a shame, but true. If I don't have facebook, people will stop contacting me
Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Sandulf29
Member since 2010 • 14330 Posts

Its no surprise to me. IMO its a stupid site anyway, never understood the fad.

Maybe we can siphon of those FB mongers here on OT, but on second thought they would just make it dull

:P

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts
I made a Facebook account... I had people add me that I didn't like and that never spoke to me while I knew them in real life. Several weeks later I deleted my account. Personally I have no use for it. Everyone I want to know and care about is a phone call or text away.
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#97 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
This is just the beginning. Facebook will fade into obscurity just as every social network before it has done. Should be interesting to see what the next fad is. PernicioEnigma
i hope it will.I really do...
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]This is just the beginning. Facebook will fade into obscurity just as every social network before it has done. Should be interesting to see what the next fad is. Ratchet_Fan8
i hope it will.I really do...

So Facebook killed your cat, right?