Does anyone else write stories?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tepni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tepni
Member since 2008 • 3214 Posts

I love writing stories, but I can never seem to finish them. I have at least 100 starts to stories I ended up never finishing..

Does anyone have a deviantart where they post their stories? Or any other website. I'd love to read them.

Here is a story I'm working on, if anyone is interested-

http://stephaniemc.deviantart.com/art/Finding-Sam-132130129
tell me what you think?

Maybe coming to a site full of gamers is not the place to discuss story writing, but ey why not.

If you do write stories, what kind do you write? I write fiction for teens.

Citrus25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Citrus25
Member since 2009 • 2466 Posts
I write stories at Gamespot.
Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts

I have one on going story. Though I have never written it down. It has been going on in my imagination for about 7 years now. haha. I would like to write it down, but I don't have very good writing abilities haha.

tepni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tepni

I have one on going story. Though I have never written it down. It has been going on in my imagination for about 7 years now. haha. I would like to write it down, but I don't have very good writing abilities haha.

Ravirr

Oh do tell! What is it about?

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
I've never written them down, but I plan out stories in my mind. Some of them are really good, but grim.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#6 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I used to write a lot of short stories, although I haven't in years due to time constraints. I also had a lengthy story I planned on turning into a novel - I still might, but part of that was a childhood dream without much grounding in reality.
xxxAdvocatexxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xxxAdvocatexxx
Member since 2008 • 1797 Posts

I have some ideas for writing actually... But like aways I can't come up with a good resolution for the end. Withouth that ending the story is pointless in my opinion.

tepni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tepni

Does anyone know how hard it is to get a book published when you're 16 :S?

My dad always tells me you just have to know the right people..

Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ravirr

[QUOTE="Ravirr"]

tepni

Its in a medival time setting. A man has had visions of the future of war and technology. He is now trying to stop scientific advancement of weapons to prevent modern warfare.

Just a story to pass the time when I am bored in school, since I can't draw either :P

tepni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tepni

[QUOTE="tepni"]

[QUOTE="Ravirr"]

Ravirr

Its in a medival time setting. A man has had visions of the future of war and technology. He is now trying to stop scientific advancement of weapons to prevent modern warfare.

Just a story to pass the time when I am bored in school, since I can't draw either :P

That sounds really good and interesting. Cmon write write write ;p

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#11 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

I've written a couple short stories, and one pretty long (~100 pages) fanfic. I had a full-length story going that was my first attempt at serious writing that also got above 100 pages, but I've since abandoned it due to the recognition that it was basically just one cliche after another.I also have three ideas in my head to varying degrees of clarity regarding full-length novel stories, as well.

It's a hobby of mine, but I wish I had more impetus to write.

skelebull3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 skelebull3000
Member since 2004 • 2724 Posts

I write more poetry than prose but I have an idea for a story which I have been planning for for several years. I have just been waiting for my writing skills to mature.

Edit: Here are some of my poems for anyone who's interested http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AfdxEptOtsgUZGQ4ZGY5OXRfNWM1azNtMmY1&hl=en

Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ravirr

[QUOTE="Ravirr"]

[QUOTE="tepni"]

tepni

That sounds really good and interesting. Cmon write write write ;p

Haha maybe, I'll pot it up in my gs account if I ever get anything out there.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#14 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
Why would the uncle out of the blue want to talk about women? You got somethin though. The last time I wrote a story it was a joke as a hero that goes by the name of the Corndog of Courage standing up to tryannical bullies who make fun of overweight kids and there struggles in dealing with the most evil of villains: OBESITY and his two goons Sugar and Sweets.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#15 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

I love writing stories, but I can never seem to finish them. I have at least 100 starts to stories I ended up never finishing..

Does anyone have a deviantart where they post their stories? Or any other website. I'd love to read them.

Here is a story I'm working on, if anyone is interested-

http://stephaniemc.deviantart.com/art/Finding-Sam-132130129
tell me what you think?

Maybe coming to a site full of gamers is not the place to discuss story writing, but ey why not.

If you do write stories, what kind do you write? I write fiction for teens.

tepni

I love to write, but I dont do it nearly as much as I should.

RazerBlade13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 RazerBlade13
Member since 2008 • 3822 Posts

I've got two stories in the works. One only has the beginning and the other one is actually coming along.

You gotta keep thinking of how to improve it to keep wanting to write it.

tepni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tepni

Why would the uncle out of the blue want to talk about women? You got somethin though. Wilfred_Owen
Well, for a good reason obviously. Uh oh does it really seem that out of the blue? :? I didn't really think about that.

MappyMousePD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MappyMousePD
Member since 2005 • 113 Posts

My Mappy fan-fic fills volumes, but none of it will be seen until my death, whenever that might be. I might release The Case of the Were-Kittens: A Mappy the Mouse Mystery this Halloween. I also write poetry.

tepni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tepni

Here are some of my poems for anyone who's interested http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AfdxEptOtsgUZGQ4ZGY5OXRfNWM1azNtMmY1&hl=en

skelebull3000

You're really, really good.

Avatar image for deactivated-6224e9178325f
deactivated-6224e9178325f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 deactivated-6224e9178325f
Member since 2009 • 1556 Posts

I have written some great stories for school before, but I don't usually write on my own free time.

skelebull3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 skelebull3000
Member since 2004 • 2724 Posts

[QUOTE="skelebull3000"]

Here are some of my poems for anyone who's interested http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AfdxEptOtsgUZGQ4ZGY5OXRfNWM1azNtMmY1&hl=en

tepni

You're really, really good.

Thanks, I have been in a bit of a drought lately ever since I finished my exams :/

DevilBorg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DevilBorg
Member since 2009 • 810 Posts
yes, but deviantart is a bad place to show them. That site is more for visual art
BeRandom___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BeRandom___
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Norwegian is hard.
tepni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tepni

yes, but deviantart is a bad place to show them. That site is more for visual artDevilBorg

Oh I realized that :/ I signed up for fictionpress.com but they won't let me post until a few days, because I'm a new user.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#25 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

[QUOTE="DevilBorg"]yes, but deviantart is a bad place to show them. That site is more for visual arttepni

Oh I realized that :/ I signed up for fictionpress.com but they won't let me post until a few days, because I'm a new user.

have you tried bloggery,.com? I know people who post writings on there.
DevilBorg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DevilBorg
Member since 2009 • 810 Posts
[QUOTE="tepni"]

[QUOTE="DevilBorg"]yes, but deviantart is a bad place to show them. That site is more for visual artAllicrombie

have you tried bloggery,.com? I know people who post writings on there.

is fictionpress active? and I do know about blogs, but I have a blog already. I'd like a different spot for my writings though :)
Arial_Hirise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Arial_Hirise
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Hey, I pretty much made this account to tell you this. Never get rid of what you start. I've done that several times. I actually have a DA account myself, only 1 small poem or what ever you'd like to call it, but I've started several "novels". I'd get to about 50 pages each, and completely scrap it. NEVER do that. BTW, I like what you've got going. For some reason, I usually don't notice stories written in first person anymore. I like it though. Keep it up =]]]
SnakeEyesX80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SnakeEyesX80
Member since 2009 • 2181 Posts
Used to, when I had more time. I still have them sitting around somewhere. I have a few I never finished as well.
Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
I used to write little bits and pieces of sci-fi/fantasy when I was several years younger. Haven't had the time as of late.
MrEnvelope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MrEnvelope
Member since 2007 • 2424 Posts

I began writing a story about a group of soldiers (a homosexual, a christian, a musician, a body builder, and a latino) who are imprisoned by the koreans. It was kind of like a Quentin Tarantino drama-action-comedy type of story that was actually pretty interesting. But I just couldn't write it, I had to many ideas in my mind of what would happen next that I couldn't just pick one. I wrote 3 chapters and stopped. I'm currently writing a musical about lesbians, transsexuals, and religion. :D

tepni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tepni

Hey, I pretty much made this account to tell you this. Never get rid of what you start. I've done that several times. I actually have a DA account myself, only 1 small poem or what ever you'd like to call it, but I've started several "novels". I'd get to about 50 pages each, and completely scrap it. NEVER do that. BTW, I like what you've got going. For some reason, I usually don't notice stories written in first person anymore. I like it though. Keep it up =]]]Arial_Hirise
Aw, thanks so much!

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#33 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

I remember we always had to write stories at my middle shcool. Whenever I finished mine peole would steal it and pass it around the school. For some reason everybody loved them except for my teacher:x Oh the nerve! He never did like me from the start, though, for a semi good reason.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
Oh hey tepni, haven't seen you post in a while. :) I know next to nothing about writing, so I can't really give you constructive criticism, but I thought it was pretty good so far.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 JediXMan
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts

I write fan fics, and I'm studying to be a professional writer.

tepni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tepni

Oh hey tepni, haven't seen you post in a while. :) I know next to nothing about writing, so I can't really give you constructive criticism, but I thought it was pretty good so far.MrPraline
I know, been busy. But thank you :)

ChildOfGaming7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ChildOfGaming7
Member since 2008 • 1009 Posts

I used to write stories about all sorts of things, but I could never finish them :P

dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 dunl12496
Member since 2009 • 5710 Posts

I write alot of stories. I always get good ones in my head and then forget about it even when I try to remember. I am currently writing a story about a guy who only uses grenades.

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
I'm writing two right now, but I'm kind of waiting for some inspiration right now. And that story of yours is VERY depressing, but good nonetheless.
Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#41 Desulated
Member since 2005 • 30952 Posts

I do. my 200 page fanfic speaks all.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

I like writing stories. Not a week ago I literally had a dream that, as soon as I woke up, I knew would be great in a children's story.

tepni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tepni

I'm writing two right now, but I'm kind of waiting for some inspiration right now. And that story of yours is VERY depressing, but good nonetheless.enterawesome
Hehe it gets happy eventually.. but thanks.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
I plan to write books one day but writing stories (fiction) is something I have no interest in whatsoever.
tepni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tepni

I write alot of stories. I always get good ones in my head and then forget about it even when I try to remember. I am currently writing a story about a guy who only uses grenades.

dunl12496

Haha tell me more! That sounds neat

ayanami_rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ayanami_rei
Member since 2005 • 17115 Posts
I write stories all the time. I have also finished a novel that took me three years, at over 100k words. Most are a bit dark, especially about the cannibalistic psycho story I'm writing.
smokingsbad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 smokingsbad
Member since 2004 • 38455 Posts
I like writing short stories, I remember writing about Toys coming to life and they live at a boys house(he bought them of course) and everytime he buys another toy they have a conflict and end up fighting D=
atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts

Occasionally. I used to write a lot more, but recently, I tend to do more music-composing than story-writing.

garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts

Yes, I write stories, I aspire to become a writer but I understand that it requires a supporting job most of the time. I tend to have multiple stories in progress at the same time as well. My stories are kinda...ludicrous but most people seem to enjoy them, at least I hope they do, otherwise they should never have encouraged me to keep writing

Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
I used to write a lot, but I stopped for some reason. I guess I realized that I wasn't any good at it.