Does anyone else feel the Republican't win 2012?

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

[QUOTE="Darkainious"] Ahh, but would you vote for him if it was him and Obama?DroidPhysX

Neither.

Pauls views are too flawed and Obama caters to corporations too much.

Not going to vote?
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#52 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Republican't? I can't wait to see that on campaign commercials.
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts

Paul is the last chance for america...seriously. If he won the GOP, he would absolutely destroy Obama in the debates, no doubt. But unfortunately obama is a genuis speaker, so when he realizes he cant beat paul in arguments he would just keep going off on some conundrum to avoid looking bad in public eye. Paul would have a good shot if it was just him vs obama

savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
I think Romney is the only one with a chance to beat Obama, but Ron Paul is the only decent candidate in the Republican field. And those racist comments posted earlier in the thread were supposedly from a ghost writer. Paul didn't write the newsletters that were distributed under his name, but he did claim moral responsibility for them and also apologize. I think one cursory glance at his collective works, voting record, and campaign platform would quickly dispel any assertion that Ron Paul is a racist. Even Nelson Linder of the NAACP came to his defense.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

[QUOTE="Darkainious"] Ahh, but would you vote for him if it was him and Obama?Ace6301

Neither.

Not going to vote?

Probably not. Almost all the candidate possibilites that will be on the ballot in 2012 are too horrid for me to pick a candidate.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I'm still going to vote for Huntsman in the primaries, and I'll vote for whichever Republican gets nominated in the general election. I do think they'll be able to get the White House in 2012, whether it be Newt, Romney or Huntsman. I think Huntsman is the most consistent candidate, but he doesn't seem to be getting any traction.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mingmao3046

[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

Neither.

DroidPhysX

Not going to vote?

Probably not. Almost all the candidate possibilites that will be on the ballot in 2012 are too horrid for me to pick a candidate.

what is it you dont like about ron paul?

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 mingmao3046

I'm still going to vote for Huntsman in the primaries, and I'll vote for whichever Republican gets nominated in the general election. I do think they'll be able to get the White House in 2012, whether it be Newt, Romney or Huntsman. I think Huntsman is the most consistent candidate, but he doesn't seem to be getting any traction.

airshocker
most consistent? uhh no. ron paul has been saying literally the exact same stuff for 30+ years

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

most consistent? uhh no. ron paul has been saying literally the exact same stuff for 30+ yearsmingmao3046

Most consistent with an actual shot at winning. Ron Paul doesn't have one.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 mingmao3046

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"]most consistent? uhh no. ron paul has been saying literally the exact same stuff for 30+ yearsairshocker

Most consistent with an actual shot at winning. Ron Paul doesn't have one.

????? Ron Paul has always been doing better than Huntsman in polls.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#61 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

The liberal media is certainly dreading the possibility that Ron Paul might have a shot at the nomination. Their strategy is just to say he has absolutely no chance. Unfortunately conservative talk show hosts are in bed with the mainstream republican party, and they won't help him out either.

I do believe Ron Paul would have a chance against Obama. I can just imagine him standing next to that telepromter reading loser Obama. He would shine. I feel a geunine good heartendenss when Ron Paul talks. I had to study myself before I realized how much of this war-mongering is a joke. Turns out Ron Paul is spot on. I like Gingrich, but I just don't know... The beauty of Ron Paul is that where he really differentiates himself from Obama is on the economy. That could be a wonderful thing.

Darkainious

Speaking of regurgitating talking points....

Anyway, Ron Paul is not really that articulate. He just repeats his anti-government pro-Constitution creed over and over again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

????? Ron Paul has always been doing better than Huntsman in polls.mingmao3046

And national polls don't really mean much when the primaries haven't even started.

During the 2008 campaign Giuliani and Thompson were polling ahead of everyone else and McCain ended up getting the nomination.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#63 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

Nice political cartoons.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 GreySeal9

Paul is the last chance for america...seriously. If he won the GOP, he would absolutely destroy Obama in the debates, no doubt. But unfortunately obama is a genuis speaker, so when he realizes he cant beat paul in arguments he would just keep going off on some conundrum to avoid looking bad in public eye. Paul would have a good shot if it was just him vs obama

mingmao3046

'

lol, No he wouldn't. Ron Paul is completely one-note.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 mingmao3046

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"]

GreySeal9

'

all of his answers have been completely on spot so far in the debates...there is no denying he is right on most everything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

all of his answers have been completely on spot so far in the debates...there is no denying he is right on most everything. mingmao3046

Doesn't change the fact that Obama is far better at debating.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"]

mingmao3046

'

all of his answers have been completely on spot so far in the debates...there is no denying he is right on most everything.

I can certainly deny it and I do. I think the man is an ideologue who has the same shallow answers to every issue.

daqua_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#68 daqua_99
Member since 2005 • 11170 Posts

The general theory holds: If things are going bad, then the incumbent gets voted out. Could be a toss up at this point. I haven't seen anything that would give either side the definitive victory.DroidPhysX

Not always the case. In Australia we had our Prime Minister from 1996 to 2007. Times were great, but he got voted out due to a "need for change".

Back on topic, I don't think anyone in the Republican field has the ability to overthrow Obama. And I'm a conservative.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"]all of his answers have been completely on spot so far in the debates...there is no denying he is right on most everything. airshocker

Doesn't change the fact that Obama is far better at debating.

This too. Ron Paul is actually painful to listen to sometimes.

Not to mention that debates are pretty much where you make yourself look good. They're not about ideas.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Why are so many political cartoons terrible?
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Ace6301"] Not going to vote? mingmao3046

what is it you dont like about ron paul?

There's only so far I can move towards a free market and end of federal government mandates on certain social issues. Paul's views and ideologies are too far from those boundaries.
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 mingmao3046

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"][QUOTE="GreySeal9"]'

GreySeal9

I can certainly deny it and I do. I think the man is an ideologue who has the same shallow answers to every issue.

please explain. all of his answers are completely right
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"]

GreySeal9

'

yep, one consistent note, has been that way for longer than most here have been alive.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"] all of his answers have been completely on spot so far in the debates...there is no denying he is right on most everything.mingmao3046

please explain. all of his answers are completely right

No, you just agree with him, which is fine.

I don't buy into his tiny government ideology.

But just for the heck of it, I'll tell you one issue where I think his thinking is flawed:

He thought that we should have worked with Pakistan to take down Bin Laden. That is just ridiculously naive. There's a reason we carried out the operation unilaterally.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 surrealnumber5
Why are so many political cartoons terrible?Lonelynight
because they are political?
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"]

surrealnumber5

'

yep, one consistent note, has been that way for longer than most here have been alive.

Yeah, and some people like that. But I'm not one of them. I mean, in a sense, his consistency looks good next to Romney's complete lack of any principles, but RP is just way too dogmatic about his beliefs IMO.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="GreySeal9"]'

GreySeal9

Yeah, and some people like that. But I'm not one of them. I mean, in a sense, his consistency looks good next to Romney's complete lack of any principles, but RP is just way too dogmatic about his beliefs IMO.

when youre the only guy advocating individual liberty in the government, and not taking from some or giving to others you kinda need to be unwavering in your message in order to not be destroyed by others.

edit: but i cant say your opinion is wrong, just that mine differs.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] yep, one consistent note, has been that way for longer than most here have been alive.surrealnumber5

when youre the only guy advocating individual liberty in the government, and not taking from some or giving to others you kinda need to be unwavering in your message in order to not be destroyed by others.

edit: but i cant say your opinion is wrong, just that mine differs.

Well, I do think I kind of understand your point that when you're one of the only ones espousing a certain set of principles, you have to be more anchored than others.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts

I think Huntsman is the most consistent candidate, but he doesn't seem to be getting any traction.

airshocker

The problem is that he just isn't a leader. That has been made painfully obvious during the debates. His stupid little jokes and passive aggressive attacks on the rest of the field are annoying at best, shameful at worst. Coming from someone who would likely agree with him more often than not, I can't see Huntsman as being POTUS material.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

I think Huntsman is the most consistent candidate, but he doesn't seem to be getting any traction.

QuistisTrepe_

The problem is that he just isn't a leader. That has been made painfully obvious during the debates. His stupid little jokes and passive aggressive attacks on the rest of the field are annoying at best, shameful at worst. Coming from someone who would likely agree with him more often than not, I can't see Huntsman as being POTUS material.

His attacks on his party are one of the best. Well, thats a skewed figure since only him and Paul do that sort of stuff.
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 QuistisTrepe_

[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"]

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

DroidPhysX

His attacks on his party are one of the best. Well, thats a skewed figure since only him and Paul do that sort of stuff.

Without any actual substance to them, he comes off as really small and petty. The reason why Huntsman is buried in the polls has little to do with his positions on issues.

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

The biggest change American politics needs right now is congress. Regardless of who wins the election, it'll be just another year of filibusters unless one party takes control of both houses.

Blue-Sky
with the current political structure that will never happen, no matter who is in office there will never be a radical change in the way that politics are handled
Legit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Legit1024
Member since 2009 • 40 Posts

I honestly dont believe we are going to have a 2012 election

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38693 Posts

The liberal media is ..Darkainious

i stopped here.

peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts

Romney could easily win. He could easily lose as well tho.

GreySeal9

I'm going with easily lose. He would be the worst possible guy to make the argument in the general election that "Obamacare" was wrong when "Romneycare" was the blueprint for it. In the same way Kerry was a weak candidate in 2004 to make the argument that we shouldn't have been in Iraq given his vote for the war.

But then you also have this ad by Democrats which I have to admit makes it pretty much impossible to even defend Romney. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9njHHyRI7g (I must be doing something wrong because I can't link anymore) The guy has no core convictions and will clearly say anything to get elected. Now throw in the fact that the conservative base doesn't even like him which could easily suppress voter turnout among the base. Take Georgia for example. In 2008, McCain won Georgia (a reliable red state) by just 5%. All Obama and the Democrats have to do is suppress the conservative turnout by painting Romney as a flip flopper who has held many of the same views as Obama (which he has) while getting out the black vote, and Georgia could go to Obama.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 QuistisTrepe_

He would be the worst possible guy to make the argument in the general election that "Obamacare" was wrong when "Romneycare" was the blueprint for it.

peaceful_anger

This has been settled already. The Romneycare blueprint was never intended to be applied on a national level.

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
If Mitt Romney gets nominated, he, I believe si the only Republican capable of being elected.Now I am not known for liking Obama but if anyone other than Romney gets Nominated.Obama has my vote.
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
The next president will be republican because simply because they are not Obama. It will also make zero difference because any republican that has a chance is a big governmrnt republican.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

[QUOTE="peaceful_anger"]

He would be the worst possible guy to make the argument in the general election that "Obamacare" was wrong when "Romneycare" was the blueprint for it.

QuistisTrepe_

This has been settled already. The Romneycare blueprint was never intended to be applied on a national level.

Nice spin

Planet_Pluto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Planet_Pluto
Member since 2011 • 2235 Posts

Back to the question in the Topic line....

Consider that according to today's Rasmussen poll, Gingrich is leading Obama 45% to 43%, it is certainly possible.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/2012_presidential_matchups

NOTE: I personally don't put too much weight in polls in general. Only mentioning this one and presenting it as anecdotal evidence that an Obama second term is not written in stone.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="peaceful_anger"]

QuistisTrepe_

That is simply Romney's damage control.

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts

I would be very surprised if they do.

But you US folks are all crazily unpredictable so who knows.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"]

[QUOTE="peaceful_anger"]

GreySeal9

i dont see how nondemocrats are for him, then i remember republicans are just as big on central planning be damned what their party use to be about. the man defends the bailouts, came up with central health care in america, wants more bombs in more places.... now why do republicans say they hate obama? bailouts, obama care, war.... what the hell am i missing? you care a lot more for politics than i do, you must know how this can be.... then again it was the same damn thing going from bush to obama only without the health care.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 QuistisTrepe_

Consider that according to today's Rasmussen poll, Gingrich is leading Obama 45% to 43%, it is certainly possible.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/2012_presidential_matchups

NOTE: I personally don't put too much weight in polls in general. Only mentioning this one and presenting it as anecdotal evidence that an Obama second term is not written in stone.

Planet_Pluto

The entire dynamic changes once you start going state by state.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 DroidPhysX

In the end, it will probably be either Gingrich or Romney facing Obama.

What is sad in the United States today is that they're all the same candidates. If you think any one of them is going to bring change in the United States, you're fooling yourself. Today's day in age, you need to cater to Wall Street to get the campaign funding you need to get elected. The oval office seems to be a middle man to the public on how to sell crap ideas and make it seems great. Well, crap ideas for the public, tremondous for the big banks.

Planet_Pluto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Planet_Pluto
Member since 2011 • 2235 Posts

[QUOTE="Planet_Pluto"]

QuistisTrepe_

The entire dynamic changes once you start going state by state.

Absolutelty correct. Although, if I can remember all of the bits and pieces I've read over the past year or two about the redistricting, it seems to help out the Republican nominee, whomever that will be. From what I hear, that is one of the main reasons Barney Frank is not running for another term.

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#97 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

Good thing the world ends next year. >.>

BrianB0422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#98 BrianB0422
Member since 2009 • 1636 Posts
If they keep playing the class warfare card they'll lose. People are waking up to the fact that one party constantly sides with big business while they go under on their homes, cars, education, bills, etc. People generally don't like someone that constantly votes against their interests. That being said, if social issues weren't part of politics, who would be a Republican?
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 GreySeal9

Planet_Pluto

It seems that Rasmussen is Repblican-biased. Also, Nate Silver of Fivethirtyeight.com came to conclusion that their questions in the Wisconsin dispute may also have been biased and to look at their work with skepticism in the future. I wouldn't put too much stock in them

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"]

surrealnumber5

i dont see how nondemocrats are for him, then i remember republicans are just as big on central planning be damned what their party use to be about. the man defends the bailouts, came up with central health care in america, wants more bombs in more places.... now why do republicans say they hate obama? bailouts, obama care, war.... what the hell am i missing? you care a lot more for politics than i do, you must know how this can be.... then again it was the same damn thing going from bush to obama only without the health care.

Well, if you want to know my theory on why Republicans are for Romney, I think the perception of electability is the only reason. If someone that seemed more electable/just as electable and more conservative came along, I think they'd drop him in a heartbeat.