Does anyone else feel the Republican't win 2012?

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Banjo_Kongfooie
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Banjo_Kongfooie
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

Personally with these candidates it seems like a long shot. The fact that Gingrich is the front-runner is lol worthy.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
The general theory holds: If things are going bad, then the incumbent gets voted out. Could be a toss up at this point. I haven't seen anything that would give either side the definitive victory.
Avatar image for CycleOfViolence
CycleOfViolence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CycleOfViolence
Member since 2011 • 2813 Posts

All depends on the candidate. Given their positions, I feel that Paul or Huntsman would have a legitimate shot toe-to-toe with Obama.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Depending on who gets the nomination and how much the economic/unemployment climate changes over the course of the year, it certainly seems like they have a shot.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
There's a lot of low cards in the GOP Deck.
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Banjo_Kongfooie

All depends on the candidate. Given their positions, I feel that Paul or Huntsman would have a legitimate shot toe-to-toe with Obama.

CycleOfViolence

Paul said he would be against the civil rights act.

I agree that Huntsman might have a shot though but he is too moderate to win the primary.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="CycleOfViolence"]

Banjo_Kongfooie

I agree that Huntsman might have a shot though but he is too moderate to win the primary.

That would be because he thinks it infringes on private property which he can argue that very well.
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts

Depending on who gets the nomination and how much the economic/unemployment climate changes over the course of the year, it certainly seems like they have a shot.

coolbeans90
This. It's also pretty telling that Obama's staffers have apparently been studying George W. Bush's 2004 campaign to prepare for 2012. It seems they are anticipating a relatively close race.
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Banjo_Kongfooie

[QUOTE="Banjo_Kongfooie"]

[QUOTE="CycleOfViolence"]

DroidPhysX

That would be because he thinks it infringes on private property which he can argue that very well.

Its rather selfish to deny one group civil liberties because you disagree on a small part of the bill.

Would you like someone doing that to you? Although I doubt the gaff would hurt him given the Republican base it could help him in the south.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DroidPhysX

Its rather selfish to deny one group civil liberties because you disagree on a small part of the bill.

Would you like someone doing that to you? Although I doubt the gaff would hurt him given the Republican base it could help him in the south.

Banjo_Kongfooie

It wasn't really a gaffe.

And he makes an incredibly compelling arguement despite my disagreement.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Banjo_Kongfooie"]

Banjo_Kongfooie

He votes against any bill that has anything in it that he disagrees with, though.

And realistically, I doubt that particular comment would cost him an election; other things would.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#12 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Romney could easily win. He could easily lose as well tho.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GreySeal9

To elaborate, if it's a close election, I think Obama wins due to the advantage of incumbency, foreign policy successes, electoral map advantages, more charisma (even if that charisma has dulled over the course of the past 3 years), and Romney looking unprincipled. If it's not a close election, I think Romney wins because at this point, dissatisfaction with the economy is the only thing that is probably going to cause even a slightly big victory. And of course it's very possible that that's what happens.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

The biggest change American politics needs right now is congress. Regardless of who wins the election, it'll be just another year of filibusters unless one party takes control of both houses.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
It's going to be a very abnormal election next year. If history is any indication Obama shouldn't have a chance next year with unemployment being so high, but I don't think history can really be used as any indication. Congress' approval ratings are at historic lows and has proven itself to be one of the most broken political institutions in the western world (perhaps only second to the EU), the republican party has gone into complete bizarro land, and Barack Obama despite low approval ratings polls very well against potential republican candidates. I think if Mitt Romney doesn't win the nomination Obama will have a very easy path to re-election.
lloveLamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lloveLamp
Member since 2009 • 2891 Posts
Trump 2012 I STILL BELIEVE!!
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts

If you think those guys have baggage, wait until you get a load of the guy they're vying to unseat from the Oval Office.

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Banjo_Kongfooie

DroidPhysX

"If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be." - Ron Paul, 1992

"Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,' I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal." - Ron Paul, 1992

"We don't think a child of 13 should be held responsible as a man of 23. That's true for most people, but black males age 13 who have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary and culpable as any adult and should be treated as such." - Ron Paul, 1992

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 QuistisTrepe_

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

Banjo_Kongfooie

"If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be." - Ron Paul, 1992

"Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,' I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal." - Ron Paul, 1992

"We don't think a child of 13 should be held responsible as a man of 23. That's true for most people, but black males age 13 who have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary and culpable as any adult and should be treated as such." - Ron Paul, 1992

What's wrong with those comments?

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

QuistisTrepe_

1. Not really a problem, a bit of a stereotype but nothing to really be concerned with.

2. Oh come on do I really have to answer that one?

3. Trials of a minor as an adult are not based on how "big/scary" a person is, but on their mental aptitude to fully understand their crime and its consequences. Nothing Paul says here suggests that blacks minors are more aware of this, therefore his comment is unfounded.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 QuistisTrepe_

[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"]

chessmaster1989

1. Not really a problem, a bit of a stereotype but nothing to really be concerned with.

3. Trials of a minor as an adult are not based on how "big/scary" a person is, but on their mental aptitude to fully understand their crime and its consequences. Nothing Paul says here suggests that blacks minors are more aware of this, therefore his comment is unfounded.

This is really no worse than the infamous "bitter clingers" comment Obama made during the '08 campaign.

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 chessmaster1989

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]

[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"]

QuistisTrepe_

This is really no worse than the infamous "bitter clingers" comment Obama made during the '08 campaign.

I'd say it is. While Obama's comment was definitely a poor one, it was a more general statement about discontent that didn't target a specific group of people in the same way Paul's comments did.

Either way, I guess we can at least agree that both Obama and Paul could have expressed their points better.

I'm also not particularly sure what your point is in raising Obama's comment here. Doesn't really have anything to do with what Paul said...

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 chessmaster1989
[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]

[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"]

OICWUTUDIDTHAR

OMFG OMG OMG OMG OMG HOLY BANANAS. It's Clint EASTWOOD! Hiii Clint Eastwood :)

Why hello there. o_O
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GreySeal9

That 95% comment is pretty damn racist. And it's a hilariously idiotic non-sequitir.

What if I said something like "Due to some of the inequalities in what we laughingly call a progressive society, we can safely conclude that 95% of white folks in this country are racists." That would be a pretty racist comment, wouldn't it?

The same thing applies here.

It's pretty troubling how someone can look at that comment and fail to see what's wrong with it.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

ron paul 2012, because i dont believe in magic.

DerpyMcDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 DerpyMcDerp
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

Newt Gingrich 2012, because he reminds me of myself. He's unafraid to voice his opinion, no matter how much it goes against the mainstream.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

Newt Gingrich 2012, because he reminds me of myself. He's unafraid to voice his opinion, no matter how much it goes against the mainstream.

DerpyMcDerp

Especially if that opinion involves divorcing his dying wife.

He has zero shot.

DerpyMcDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 DerpyMcDerp
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

[QUOTE="DerpyMcDerp"]

789shadow

He has zero shot.

You've got nothing but liberal propaganda and lies. Read this: http://www.startribune.com/politics/national/134184248.html Get educated before you waste your vote.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="DerpyMcDerp"]

DerpyMcDerp

He has zero shot.

You've got nothing but liberal propaganda and lies. Read this: http://www.startribune.com/politics/national/134184248.html Get educated before you waste your vote.

Bahahahahaha, nope. Knew it.

Planet_Pluto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Planet_Pluto
Member since 2011 • 2235 Posts

Personally with these candidates it seems like a long shot. The fact that Gingrich is the front-runner is lol worthy.

{......bunch of comics painting the candidates in a bad light..........save for one person who will be running......}

Banjo_Kongfooie

Just thought I'd balance it out a little.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

QuistisTrepe_

lol
Charazani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Charazani
Member since 2011 • 2919 Posts
Nope. Think they can certainly win. Just need to get their act together.
Sunfyre7896

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sunfyre7896
Member since 2011 • 1644 Posts

CycleOfViolence
Major agreeance. Paul for me.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DroidPhysX

DerpyMcDerp
A better candidate that fits that description would be Ron Paul. Gingrich is a corporate tool.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GreySeal9

@CycleofViolence

Paul would get slaughtered in a general election. It would be LBJ .vs. Goldwater all over again.

I think Hunstman would have an extremely good shot at winning simply because it would be hard for Team Obama to craft a narrative against him. He's too uncontroversial and generic.

THGarrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#37 THGarrett
Member since 2003 • 2574 Posts

@CycleofViolence

Paul would get slaughtered in a general election. It would be LBJ .vs. Goldwater all over again.

I think Hunstman would have an extremely good shot at winning simply because it would be hard for Team Obama to craft a narrative against him. He's too uncontroversial and generic.

GreySeal9
Huntsman would be my choice if I had to choose, but where the Republican party is now he has pretty much zero chance of getting the nomination.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts
While Obama hasn't impressed....I can't see a potential good candidate on the horizon.
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
The Republican nominee saga is like a non-stop circus act. At least until the end of the elections...
Avatar image for CycleOfViolence
CycleOfViolence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CycleOfViolence
Member since 2011 • 2813 Posts

@CycleofViolence

GreySeal9

I think it would be closer than 486 to 52. Given the lack of parity on almost every issue between Obama and Paul I feel that it could be close.

Unfortunately the reasons you just listed are why Huntsman would not get the nomination. If he does not end up the GOP nominee I think he'd make a very good Vice President or Secretary of State.

Darkainious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Darkainious
Member since 2009 • 558 Posts

The liberal media is certainly dreading the possibility that Ron Paul might have a shot at the nomination. Their strategy is just to say he has absolutely no chance. Unfortunately conservative talk show hosts are in bed with the mainstream republican party, and they won't help him out either.

I do believe Ron Paul would have a chance against Obama. I can just imagine him standing next to that telepromter reading loser Obama. He would shine. I feel a geunine good heartendenss when Ron Paul talks. I had to study myself before I realized how much of this war-mongering is a joke. Turns out Ron Paul is spot on. I like Gingrich, but I just don't know... The beauty of Ron Paul is that where he really differentiates himself from Obama is on the economy. That could be a wonderful thing.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DroidPhysX

The liberal media is certainly dreading the possibility that Ron Paul might have a shot at the nomination. Their strategy is just to say he has absolutely no chance. Unfortunately conservative talk show hosts are in bed with the mainstream republican party, and they won't help him out either.

I do believe Ron Paul would have a chance against Obama. I can just imagine him standing next to that telepromter reading loser Obama. He would shine. I feel a geunine good heartendenss when Ron Paul talks. I had to study myself before I realized how much of this war-mongering is a joke. Turns out Ron Paul is spot on. I like Gingrich, but I just don't know... The beauty of Ron Paul is that where he really differentiates himself from Obama is on the economy. That could be a wonderful thing.

Darkainious
Ron Paul is too extreme for the general public to vote for him.
Darkainious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Darkainious
[QUOTE="Darkainious"]

DroidPhysX

I like how you just regurgitated what the terrified liberal media has been spouting for months. Is he too extreme for you to vote for? Because up until recently I might have been considered part of the "general public"
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Darkainious"]

Darkainious

I like how you just regurgitated what the terrified liberal media has been spouting for months. Is he too extreme for you to vote for? Because up until recently I might have been considered part of the "general public"

And the liberal media has done a fine job in convincing the american populace that Ron Paul is extreme. Which is the exact reason why he will never get elected.
Darkainious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Darkainious
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Darkainious"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] Ron Paul is too extreme for the general public to vote for him.

And the liberal media has done a fine job in convincing the american populace that Ron Paul is extreme. Which is the exact reason why he will never get elected.

Ahh, but would you vote for him if it was him and Obama?
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Darkainious"] I like how you just regurgitated what the terrified liberal media has been spouting for months. Is he too extreme for you to vote for? Because up until recently I might have been considered part of the "general public" Darkainious

droid is a strong obama supporter......

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DroidPhysX

Ahh, but would you vote for him if it was him and Obama?Darkainious

Neither.

Pauls views are too flawed and Obama caters to corporations too much.

Darkainious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Darkainious

[QUOTE="Darkainious"] Ahh, but would you vote for him if it was him and Obama?DroidPhysX

Neither.

Pauls views are too flawed and Obama caters to corporations too much.

Well that's a fascinating stance. Most I know would reverse that. Why are Paul's views flawed?
Darkainious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Darkainious

[QUOTE="Darkainious"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] And the liberal media has done a fine job in convincing the american populace that Ron Paul is extreme. Which is the exact reason why he will never get elected.surrealnumber5

And who would you vote for between those two and why?
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="Darkainious"] Ahh, but would you vote for him if it was him and Obama?Darkainious

And who would you vote for between those two and why?

no doubt paul, but i dont buy fear