Do you think there is life after death?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#151 sune_Gem
Member since 2006 • 12463 Posts

[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

NDE's are basically acid trips when your brain is shutting down

wis3boi

Oh, I know, It's fvcking cool. The one thing I look forward to when slowly dying.

Assuming it's slow :P

You seem quite happy believing life has a permanent end. Just curious however, do you wish that there was some set in stone evidence of an actual afterlife?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#152 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="Rich3232"] Oh, I know, It's fvcking cool. The one thing I look forward to when slowly dying. sune_Gem

You seem quite happy believing life has a permanent end. Just curious however, do you wish that there was some set in stone evidence of an actual afterlife?

an afterlife makes this one 100% useless, so no.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

beyond resuscitation, I rekon.  Brain starved of oxygen, etc.

wis3boi

so, when most brain cells are dead? if so, then i don't think most near-death experiences fit that profile.

NDE's are basically acid trips when your brain is shutting down

Not always.

Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154 Rich3232
Member since 2012 • 2628 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="Rich3232"] Oh, I know, It's fvcking cool. The one thing I look forward to when slowly dying. sune_Gem

only if that afterlife guarantees that i'm in a state of perpetual euphoria/bliss.
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

There is also death after life.

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 sune_Gem

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

Not in most religious beliefs. Your actions in this life effect your reward in death.

Besides, wouldn't a permanent end to conscious life render your current life as useless as reincarnation would?

I'm not picking at your beliefs or anything. It's just that atheism usually is down to the fact that the individual see's no way that an afterlife can be real in the laws of reality. Not so much down to the fact that they wish there wasn't one.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 GreekGameManiac

only if that afterlife guarantees that i'm in a state of perpetual euphoria/bliss. Rich3232

That's up to you,your karma,and your energy vibration.

If it's high enough,you may transcend this dimension and go higher.

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 sune_Gem

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

Rich3232

only if that afterlife guarantees that i'm in a state of perpetual euphoria/bliss.

It's kind of my thoughts on the subject.

What if you was to come back to life as a insect or animal, but lead a happy and generally pleasant life where you feel happy the majority of the time?

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#159 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

[QUOTE="Rich3232"]only if that afterlife guarantees that i'm in a state of perpetual euphoria/bliss. GreekGameManiac

Which dimension?
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 GOGOGOGURT

[QUOTE="Rich3232"]only if that afterlife guarantees that i'm in a state of perpetual euphoria/bliss. GreekGameManiac

HA.  It's like you're high or something.

Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Rich3232
Member since 2012 • 2628 Posts

[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

sune_Gem

What if you was to come back to life as a insect or animal, but lead a happy and generally pleasant life where you feel happy the majority of the time?

well, i would like to be aware enough to know that i am experiencing happiness/pleasure if that makes sense. i'm very much a hedonist.
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 GreekGameManiac

GOGOGOGURT

Oh yeah dude,i'm like sooo high.

Not really,you just can't accept that there's more than meets the eye in this vast universe.

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 GOGOGOGURT

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

GreekGameManiac

Oh yeah dude,i'm like sooo high.

Not really,you just can't accept that there's more than meets the eye in this vast universe.

Yes I can.  We are in a computer simulation.  Right. Now.

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts
I don't think so. To quote Ben Linus, "Dead is dead".
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 GreekGameManiac

Yes I can.  We are in a computer simulation.  Right. Now.

GOGOGOGURT

XD

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 sune_Gem

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

[QUOTE="Rich3232"] only if that afterlife guarantees that i'm in a state of perpetual euphoria/bliss. Rich3232

well, i would like to be aware enough to know that i am experiencing happiness/pleasure if that makes sense. i'm very much a hedonist.

Now, as we are, if we was told we was going to comeback as say a dung beetle, most people would be repulsed by it and completely decline the offer. However if I was promised to lead a generally happy life where I can truly experience joy then I wouldn't care what I come back as. Even if it was some insignificant insect with next to no intelligence.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 GreekGameManiac

Now, as we are, if we was told we was going to comeback as say a dung beetle, most people would be repulsed by it and completely decline the offer. However if I was promised to lead a generally happy life where I can truly experience joy then I wouldn't care what I come back as. Even if it was some insignificant insect with next to no intelligence.

sune_Gem

I'd rather ascend to a higher density.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Ace6301

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

GreekGameManiac

Buffets are pretty cheap.
sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 sune_Gem

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

GreekGameManiac

I probably would too if it means to have a more positive existence.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#170 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17863 Posts

If the universe is remade with the same laws of physics each time then it is not an infinite possibility outcome. I never claimed you and your future self would share consciousness nor that twins do. However if you took someone with the same DNA and raised them in the exact (and I do mean exact) way they would come out the same. Ace6301

It isn't that simple. A second one way or the other can have tremendous consequences further down the line. Delaying coming out of a red light for a second because you were fooling with the radio may have prevented you from being the last car through green at the next light, causing you to miss that idiot running red who would have T-boned you.

Little things add up.

And there's nothing in physics that says they have to work they way they do, and they don't always.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Ace6301

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]If the universe is remade with the same laws of physics each time then it is not an infinite possibility outcome. I never claimed you and your future self would share consciousness nor that twins do. However if you took someone with the same DNA and raised them in the exact (and I do mean exact) way they would come out the same. br0kenrabbit

It isn't that simple. A second one way or the other can have tremendous consequences further down the line. Delaying coming out of a red light for a second because you were fooling with the radio may have prevented you from being the last car through green at the next light, causing you to miss that idiot running red who would have T-boned you.

Little things add up.

And there's nothing in physics that says they have to work they way they do, and they don't always.

Yes things may work out differently. But to what extent are you willing to say you aren't you anymore? No. There isn't. There isn't anything in physics saying the universe has to restart either or that it's going to end that we know of. However if the universe does restart what is going to be different next time that causes things to work out so differently. It's the same amount of energy. There's only so much that can be done with a finite amount of something. The point is though that this has some, as I already said tenuous, grounding in reality and what we know. Heaven, hell, religious reincarnation, other planes of existence. They don't. Thus it's more likely. I think when you're dead that's it. Hope you made an impression on people because otherwise you're nothing but worm food.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 br0kenrabbit

Yes things may work out differently. But to what extent are you willing to say you aren't you anymore? No. There isn't. There isn't anything in physics saying the universe has to restart either or that it's going to end that we know of. However if the universe does restart what is going to be different next time that causes things to work out so differently. It's the same amount of energy. There's only so much that can be done with a finite amount of something. The point is though that this has some, as I already said tenuous, grounding in reality and what we know. Heaven, hell, religious reincarnation, other planes of existence. They don't. Thus it's more likely. I think when you're dead that's it. Hope you made an impression on people because otherwise you're nothing but worm food.Ace6301

You don't even have to die to not be you anymore. Many people with severe head injuries experience total personality shifts. Is it a different consciousness? Many of those who suffer from such would tell you so. They view the people they used to be as someone alien from themselves.

And yes, physics says if the universe keeps going (as in doesn't collapse or expand to a big rip) then we will eventually experience 'heat death', which means all available energy has done all the work that it can do. Entropy and all that.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#173 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
How can there be life after death? Such a statement is impossible, like saying "Is there death before life?". It can't happen.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

sune_Gem

Not in most religious beliefs. Your actions in this life effect your reward in death.

Besides, wouldn't a permanent end to conscious life render your current life as useless as reincarnation would?

I'm not picking at your beliefs or anything. It's just that atheism usually is down to the fact that the individual see's no way that an afterlife can be real in the laws of reality. Not so much down to the fact that they wish there wasn't one.

Fvck you are depressing

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

GreekGameManiac

So you'll practically j*zz if you come back as a massive star?

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 GreekGameManiac

Fvck you are depressing

chaoscougar1

No,he just points out how sad the view you the blind ppl have.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]

Fvck you are depressing

GreekGameManiac

No,he just points out how sad the view you the blind ppl have.

Wouldn't the realisation that you only have one life that you 100% know of Make you want to live that life to the fullest and leave behind a lasting positive legacy for your children?
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 GreekGameManiac

Wouldn't the realisation that you only have one life that you 100% know of Make you want to live that life to the fullest and leave behind a lasting positive legacy for your children?chaoscougar1

Having more lives is better,you can do different things each time.

Btw,the world sucks.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]Wouldn't the realisation that you only have one life that you 100% know of Make you want to live that life to the fullest and leave behind a lasting positive legacy for your children?GreekGameManiac

Btw,the world sucks.

So why not end yours and try a new one out? Ah, but you can't because you'd have a hefty chance at being wrong

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]Wouldn't the realisation that you only have one life that you 100% know of Make you want to live that life to the fullest and leave behind a lasting positive legacy for your children?GreekGameManiac

Btw,the world sucks.

Then why are you still here?
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 GreekGameManiac

Then why are you still here?chaoscougar1

What do you mean?

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"] Then why are you still here?GreekGameManiac

What do you mean?

If the world sucks And you have multiple lives Why are you wasting your time on this one?
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 GreekGameManiac

If the world sucks And you have multiple lives Why are you wasting your time on this one?chaoscougar1

Lol cause i have to live it?

MetalDogGear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 MetalDogGear
Member since 2013 • 825 Posts

Here's what I never got about reincarnation

Let's say that I've lived a million times before.

I can't remember any of those past lives.

But why am I currently living this one? It seems like someone put the DVD on fast forward and hit play on this life.

But why?

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 GreekGameManiac

But why am I currently living this one? It seems like someone put the DVD on fast forward and hit play on this life.

But why?

MetalDogGear

Not a million times.

But i think it's because your soul wants to experience stuff everytime.

And/or you need to follow the right way,and raise your energy enough to ascend.

here.check these

http://www.salrachele.com/webarticles/soulsandsoulrays.htm

http://www.salrachele.com/webarticles/ascension.htm

http://www.salrachele.com/webarticles/pastparallelandsimultaneouslifetimes.htm

Make of them what you will.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]If the world sucks And you have multiple lives Why are you wasting your time on this one?GreekGameManiac

Lol cause i have to live it?

Who said?
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 JohnF111

But why?

MetalDogGear
Here's what I know about incarnation: It's a way for people to deal with the fact that once you die you are gone never to come back ever again. Simple as that. Same as heaven, just a way for people to deal wit something they know is coming to them but they knowing about and fear.
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 GreekGameManiac

@chaoscougar: i'll reply to you when you get more serious,yeah?

@John,dude,stop thinking that everything is a lie/made up so ppl can justify this or that,or make them feel better about life.

Eh,what am i wasting my time for?

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 chaoscougar1

GreekGameManiac
aka I don't have a decent response
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 GreekGameManiac

aka I don't have a decent responsechaoscougar1

Ask me a serious question.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 JohnF111

@John,dude,stop thinking that everything is a lie/made up so ppl can justify this or that,or make them feel better about life.

Eh,what am i wasting my time for?

GreekGameManiac
It's true though, how am I supposed to believe something that no one can show me until I'm dead, if there can be life after death does that mean there was death before life? Can't have one without the other.
bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 bnarmz
Member since 2012 • 1372 Posts

From what I overstand. The basic ideas concerning re-incarnation is about learning particular lessons through experiences. To remember your past lives will probably complicate the learning progress. It's been said that all of us have been here many many times, and some people swear they can remember their past lives. One thing I ponder on is that people (mainly kids) today are born much wiser and more aware than they were decades ago.

If you're really interested in the subject perhaps you might want to research "Past Life Regressions". This may give you further insight and possibly assist you with certain techniques in figuring out who you are, who you were, and why you're here. It's pretty interesting stuff to say the least, but keep a box of salt handy.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Your actions in this life effect your reward in death.sune_Gem
Except in Christianity, where a death-bed repentance saves even the most vile people from punishment. If there is life after death, then it DOES make this life meaningless, especially if that life could be any bit better than this one. Accepting a permanent end to this life makes living every single day... every single second you exist, worth living to it's fullest. As soon as death becomes something other than "game over; no retries", then this life loses most or all of it's value. I don't understand how anyone could lie to themselves like that. Hoping that they get a second chance when they have every opportunity to make something of themselves RIGHT NOW.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#194 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Yes
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#195 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
As soon as death becomes something other than "game over; no retries", then this life loses most or all of it's value.Zeviander
Maybe for you it does, but that's your problem.
Avatar image for deactivated-59913425220eb
deactivated-59913425220eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 deactivated-59913425220eb
Member since 2002 • 1772 Posts

[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="GameGuy642003"]Yes Sir. Only two places to dwell, heaven or hell.wis3boi

Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

If there's a hell, we'll be in good company

Well, if there is a Hell nobody will be reigning in it, nor will Satan. God will reign over Hell as He does heaven. I personally believe there won't be any sort of companionship or camaraderie in Hell. People in Hell will hate other people. And the hate people have for God today will only increase when they are sentenced to Hell.
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
Don't know what happens. All I can hope for is that the person I am will still exist somehow. If not, I will force my way.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Zeviander
Maybe for you it does, but that's your problem.chessmaster1989
At least I can accept reality for what it is and not make leaps of logic in hopes of something better. The hope for an afterlife is the mark of someone unwilling to make their life here better.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Zeviander
[QUOTE="GameGuy642003"] Well, if there is a Hell nobody will be reigning in it, nor will Satan. God will reign over Hell as He does heaven. I personally believe there won't be any sort of companionship or camaraderie in Hell. People in Hell will hate other people. And the hate people have for God today will only increase when they are sentenced to Hell.

It's good that God is dead then.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 br0kenrabbit

One thing I ponder on is that people (mainly kids) today are born much wiser and more aware than they were decades ago.

bnarmz

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

:lol: