Do you think Christmas should be celebrated only by Christians?

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rossnicholls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 rossnicholls
Member since 2003 • 83 Posts
[QUOTE="Krazykraz01"][QUOTE="flavort"]

[QUOTE="Krazykraz01"]
How can we think we're close to God if we don't believe in him? :? And you don't have to believe in Christ to live your life for others...I am not trying to go against your beliefs, sorry if it comes out like that.flavort

Not close to Him but the closest thing to Him. I know you don't have to believe in God to live for others, it is a large part of Christianity.

I see...well, there's bound to be some atheists full of themselves, but saying they all are is like saying all Muslims are terrorists.

I did not say all. But the majority of terrorist are Muslims.

its things like that why america gets bombed 

flavort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#52 flavort
Member since 2003 • 3794 Posts
[QUOTE="flavort"][QUOTE="Krazykraz01"][QUOTE="flavort"]

[QUOTE="Krazykraz01"]
How can we think we're close to God if we don't believe in him? :? And you don't have to believe in Christ to live your life for others...I am not trying to go against your beliefs, sorry if it comes out like that.rossnicholls

Not close to Him but the closest thing to Him. I know you don't have to believe in God to live for others, it is a large part of Christianity.

I see...well, there's bound to be some atheists full of themselves, but saying they all are is like saying all Muslims are terrorists.

your right :question:

Ultra-Alue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Ultra-Alue
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts
Christianity is pretty queer
bastards12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 bastards12345
Member since 2005 • 7194 Posts
[QUOTE="flavort"][QUOTE="Krazykraz01"][QUOTE="flavort"]

[QUOTE="Krazykraz01"]
How can we think we're close to God if we don't believe in him? :? And you don't have to believe in Christ to live your life for others...I am not trying to go against your beliefs, sorry if it comes out like that.rossnicholls

Qft...
Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Mr_sprinkles
Member since 2005 • 6461 Posts
[QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"][QUOTE="Mind_Mover"][QUOTE="Snomel"][QUOTE="Mind_Mover"]ok =)

but really don't you even care about living after you die? wouldn't you like to still be alive after dead?

Mind_Mover

Meh, not really. I'm quite comfortable with the idea that when I die, that's it - game over. The idea of an after-life seems more strange to me - why should we continue living?

And I figure, once I die, I'll be too dead to care, which makes the whole thing seem less scary. If that makes sense? It's hard to put into words.

Depends on how your life is imo. For example If you are loved and you love your life, you should want to continue on living, however if your life sucks then sure, why continue living.

I'm am not saying that your life sucks :P there is no other logical explanation i can find though..

but anyway. Just because you want to believe it doesn't mean its true, and you shouldn't spend your life preparing for something that isn't there. I would very much like to be able to fly, but i shouldn't spend my life preparing for the day that i gain that magical ability.

Well doesn't actually mean its false either, just because it hasn't been scientifically proven. I could twist your words the other way around also, i am preparing to live after i day my whole life you say, i could say you are preparing your life to never have a life anymore.

I'm not preparing my life to never have a life any more, I'm living my life to the full because i know theres nothing afterwards. Also, you can't scientifically prove something as unobservable as god or an afterlife. It's like trying to scientifically disprove an imaginary friend.

For example, if i said my imaginary friend is sitting right next to me. the chair looks empty because you can't see, hear, smell, touch, or detect him in any way. Now its your job to disprove him.

dragonlife29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 dragonlife29
Member since 2005 • 14543 Posts

Never! :evil:

I want some gifts...>.> And I love christmas trees...and lights... 

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#57 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Bull****, Mithras wants his holiday back. Tell that to your spring-born "savior."bastards12345

I agree.
AB_Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 AB_Uppercut
Member since 2007 • 1287 Posts

I don't celebrate Christmas but I do love the Christmas holiday period :P

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts

No, I like giving and recieving presents.

videogamer456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 videogamer456
Member since 2005 • 13282 Posts
It should stop being preceived that there is a "War On Christmas" and somehow people are getting offended by having to sa"Happy Holidays." You cannot have it both ways; Christians are the majority in America and I have accepted that. Being Jewish, it is still annoying when someone asks me what I am doing for Easter or Christmas, although.
KrayzieJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 KrayzieJ
Member since 2003 • 3283 Posts
Christmas was never really a Christian holiday, that whole connotation was a vain atempt by the church to turn the indulgent orgy of a day into a holy reverence.  its a pagan tradition nearly everything you associate with Christmas has its roots in pagan heathen culture. The tree, everything you put on the tree, the family get-together, the eating, drinking, and oh yes the precious gift giving :D ! people don't really celebrate Christ on Christmas, they celebrate that burning hunger for MATERIAL possessions! All praise be to the Ipod!
flavort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 flavort

people don't realy celibrate Christ on Christmas, they celebrate that burning hunger for MATERIAL possessions! All praise be to the Ipod!KrayzieJ

thanx to society

TallicaFan2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#63 TallicaFan2005
Member since 2005 • 4126 Posts
I think any publicly celebrated holiday should be stripped of all religious references....You should either celebrate it behind closed doors at a church, or take your fairy tale stuff out. Christmas is not about Jebus, it is about being happy and giving.
flavort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 flavort

I think any publicly celebrated holiday should be stripped of all religious references....You should either celebrate it behind closed doors at a church, or take your fairy tale stuff out.

Christmas is not about Jebus, it is about being happy and giving. TallicaFan2005

what are you talking about

SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SimpJee
Member since 2002 • 18309 Posts
You may say it's celebrating the birth of jesus, but the fact remains is that it's all about the presents and an excuse to get together with friends and family. Whatever it may have been isn't what it is now. Also, "Christians" today aren't even Christians, I mean how many of them actually follow the Bible's exact teachings, lessons, and rules? Not many.
flavort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 flavort

You may say it's celebrating the birth of jesus, but the fact remains is that it's all about the presents and an excuse to get together with friends and family. Whatever it may have been isn't what it is now. Also, "Christians" today aren't even Christians, I mean how many of them actually follow the Bible's exact teachings, lessons, and rules? Not many.SimpJee

Because you are a Christian does not mean you have to follow the teachings, lessons, and "rules"? It would be nice if you were able to do that but it is impossible.

Economy makes it about presents, members of a family with strong family values may use it as an "excuse" to get the members with weaker family values to get together, along with friends with loose ties.

RoyTheViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 RoyTheViking
Member since 2005 • 3574 Posts
If you are a non-christian and you celebrate Christmas, do you celebrate Hannukah as well?
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
No, I like the presents.
Avatar image for Kratos_Aurion56
Kratos_Aurion56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Kratos_Aurion56
Member since 2005 • 6050 Posts
Of course not, I want presents!FrozeN__54
yep ^_^ Christmas is a commercial holiday now
DiaperMan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DiaperMan2
Member since 2005 • 399 Posts
There's nothing religious about Christmas, so I don't see why it shouldn't be open to everyone? I mean it's not like Jesus was born on December the 25th. It's not like Christians were the first people to celebrate holidays at or around December 25th. It's not like Santa Clause has anything to do with Christianity. It's not like the first/early Christians ever celebrated Christmas Honestly, besides Christians having put "Christ" into the name, there really isn't anything Christian about the day. It's just a materialistic holiday used to make people happy.
Pepperpop10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71 Pepperpop10
Member since 2006 • 1548 Posts
I think Christmas is a reward for a the kids who went to church every Sunday that year. Except for me. I'm Jewstian.
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
Christmas was never really a Christian holiday, that whole connotation was a vain atempt by the church to turn the indulgent orgy of a day into a holy reverence. its a pagan tradition nearly everything you associate with Christmas has its roots in pagan heathen culture. The tree, everything you put on the tree, the family get-together, the eating, drinking, and oh yes the precious gift giving :D ! people don't really celebrate Christ on Christmas, they celebrate that burning hunger for MATERIAL possessions! All praise be to the Ipod!KrayzieJ
Nah... All praise be to the Greenbacks!
AB_Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 AB_Uppercut
Member since 2007 • 1287 Posts

If you are a non-christian and you celebrate Christmas, do you celebrate Hannukah as well?RoyTheViking

good point, I don't celebrate Christmas or Hannukah

Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#74 Taegukki
Member since 2005 • 13241 Posts

Christmas IS the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. If you don't believe in christ, what's the point of celebrating it.Djammal86

I totally agree.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#75 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115434 Posts

[QUOTE="Djammal86"]Christmas IS the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. If you don't believe in christ, what's the point of celebrating it.Taegukki

I totally agree.

i second that

NathanHawkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 NathanHawkins
Member since 2006 • 4470 Posts
[QUOTE="Taegukki"]

[QUOTE="Djammal86"]Christmas IS the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. If you don't believe in christ, what's the point of celebrating it.2ndWonder

I totally agree.

i second that

christmas means so much to certain people that aren't necessarily religious...it's a commercial holiday as well as a good family experience for many. one doesn't have to be christian to value christmas. the values of that day are different depending on who's asked.

-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 -Karayan-
Member since 2006 • 6713 Posts

Christmas IS the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. If you don't believe in christ, what's the point of celebrating it.Djammal86

Because some people just like to get together with the family and be merry? :| 

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts
Christmas is mostly about santa & presents.....end of story.
Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Taegukki
[QUOTE="2ndWonder"][QUOTE="Taegukki"]

[QUOTE="Djammal86"]Christmas IS the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. If you don't believe in christ, what's the point of celebrating it.NathanHawkins

I totally agree.

i second that

christmas means so much to certain people that aren't necessarily religious...it's a commercial holiday as well as a good family experience for many. one doesn't have to be christian to value christmas. the values of that day are different depending on who's asked.

CHRISTmas. If people arent celebrating the birth of Jesus then they should just invent a holiday for them, like 'capitalist mega fun day' or something.

-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 -Karayan-
[QUOTE="NathanHawkins"][QUOTE="2ndWonder"][QUOTE="Taegukki"]

[QUOTE="Djammal86"]Christmas IS the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. If you don't believe in christ, what's the point of celebrating it.Taegukki

I totally agree.

i second that

CHRISTmas. If people arent celebrating the birth of Jesus then they should just invent a holiday for them, like 'capitalist mega fun day' or something.

Who gives a crap what you call it?

Hell, would you call Santa, presents and a tree relative to JC? 

yamum2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 yamum2
Member since 2007 • 5879 Posts
Well the meaning of christmas is the birt of jesus but non christians celebrate santa so there are two ways. I do think people should know the real meaning but i think its alright to let kids know there is santa.
NathanHawkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 NathanHawkins
Member since 2006 • 4470 Posts

Taegukki

theory is one thing. reality is another. christmas has it's origins, but those origins don't necessarily dictate how some people interpret ideas including holidays. and if people want to invent a holiday that happens on dec. 25...then more power to them...but that is a ridiculous notion on so many levels. as i said, christmas means one thing to any certain person, but christmas may mean something different to another. to deny that is disingenuous....whether pro or anti religion.

KingPeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 KingPeru
Member since 2004 • 4613 Posts
hey if jews wanna celebrate christmas then i say let them
Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Taegukki
[QUOTE="Taegukki"][QUOTE="NathanHawkins"][QUOTE="2ndWonder"][QUOTE="Taegukki"]

[QUOTE="Djammal86"]Christmas IS the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. If you don't believe in christ, what's the point of celebrating it.-Karayan-

I totally agree.

i second that

Of course not.

hey if jews wanna celebrate christmas then i say let themKingPeru
-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 -Karayan-
[QUOTE="-Karayan-"][QUOTE="Taegukki"][QUOTE="NathanHawkins"][QUOTE="2ndWonder"][QUOTE="Taegukki"]

I totally agree.

i second that

Of course not.

Then why do you care if we celebrate something that way? 

Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Taegukki
[QUOTE="Taegukki"][QUOTE="-Karayan-"][QUOTE="Taegukki"][QUOTE="NathanHawkins"][QUOTE="2ndWonder"][QUOTE="Taegukki"]

[QUOTE="Djammal86"]Christmas IS the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. If you don't believe in christ, what's the point of celebrating it.-Karayan-

I totally agree.

i second that

Of course not.

Then why do you care if we celebrate something that way? 

Avatar image for masterchief2512
masterchief2512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 masterchief2512
Member since 2005 • 1044 Posts

This topic was answered definitively on the first reply.

Personally, if I could avoid it so people wouldn't ***** at me for it (IRL), I would.  Except I only get to see most of my family on major holidays, and christmas is the only one where everyone is there at the same time.Â