TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

So OT, do you live in the city where there is much to do? Or do you live on a ranch somewhere? Me? I live on a ranch in a two-bird small town it's embarrassing. I live in a town of 4,000 people but it's very rural and there are a lot of "Country-folk" here. I only travel to the store every few days in this small town for supplies. I rarely go out of town except to see my doctor. So do you live in country small town or the bergs? I think in the city there is so much more to see and /do!

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By SargentD  Online
Member since 2020 • 8217 Posts

Grew up in the country.

Been living in the city since I left highschool for college.

Currently looking for a house outside the city with some land. City was great for my 20s, lots of restaurants, bars, live shows. now that I'm married I want privacy and a quiet place to start a family.

I loved living in the country as a kid, dirt bikes, fishing, building forts in the woods, hunting, paint ball, I want that for my kids. I want land.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58963 Posts

> 15 minute drive away

> Stay in house every summer and play vidya games instead

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1144 Posts

I live in the city but my soul yearns for the countryside. I like being outside, and the city offers too many silly distractions that hinders the mind from truly pondering the things of life deeply. Just my humble opinion. My life consists of work, the gym, and home. Seldom do I play games, I typically just watch Twitch for dinner and then turn my console off.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#5 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Technically city, though in a pretty green part of it. Still lots of orchards and gardens, despite recent developments creeping in.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

City. Wouldn’t have it any other way really.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

A bit of both? Pretty rural though.

I could walk up the street 10 minutes and I'm suddenly surrounded by vinyards, horses, cows, and wide open spaces.

It's nice, my ideal setting. A modest town of ~50k in the middle of agriculture. I love it. I've lived long-term in three places, two were like this and I prefer it.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

City. You have all your amenities in close proximity.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I live in a city, over a million people. It’s a shit hole. It’s violent and there are fires that surround us. Air is toxic.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

City. Much preferred.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

City. Not too small, not too big. It's an ideal size I'd reckon. City center and the suburbs are both in relatively close proximity to the district I reside in.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

Suburbs, so city I guess.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

I live in Calgary with a population of 1.6M people.

There is nothing special about the city itself. It has all the conveniences and the problems, like traffic. A suburb driven city where downtown is largely corporate and not much happening in the evenings. As far as cities go it is fine, average, and like most places in Canada quite safe.

The real attraction is proximity to the Rocky Mountains. One of the most beautiful places on earth. World class hiking, climbing, skiing, mountain biking, camping, etc. Stunning at all times of the year.

I live in the west end with views of the mountains, and Banff is just an hour away. We back on to a ravine so we often receive visitors like deer, moose, hares, coyotes, and many birds, etc.

For us, it is best of both worlds.

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 701 Posts

I live on the suburbs side.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Currently suburbs, wanna get out of here though and into the city. Suburbs suuuck.

certifieddata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 certifieddata
Member since 2007 • 46096 Posts

I live in a rural municipality about a 10 minute drive from a city of 50,000~ and 40 mins from a city of 250,000~ works fine for me, nice and quiet and a short drive to amenities.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#18 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@TheHighWind:

Suburbs of Chicago here. I'm told that it's extremely dangerous but nothing bad has happened to me yet. Been here for 33 years - which is my age.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56103 Posts

I grew up in cities all my life and here in Atlanta GA, I can't imagine not having technology around me.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@Maroxad: City is woooooorse, lol.

I lived rural growing up. I loved it.

I lived urban out of college, which kind of sucked. It was ok for the first couple years, but the "so much to do" in the city is kind of a crock. There's plenty of stuff to do anywhere, it just depends on what you like to do, and most of what there is to do in the city is sitting and eating/watching. I'd much rather be outside or build, which is constrained by city living.

I'm rural again, and I love it. Although to be fair I'm close enough to a small city that I can easily drive a short while to amenities, and close enough to a large city the I can plan a trip to a game or museum if I want.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

I've always lived in the suburbs of Melbourne, Australia. So it's technically the city (and for some houses, I've been a half-hour walk from the CBD), but there can also be a lot of greenery and parklands, and it doesn't take long to drive to rural areas.

I'm definitely an inner-city person, but I could live in a smaller town if I had a decent internet connection and some good food places nearby.

ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ArmoredCore55
Member since 2005 • 24940 Posts

I live in the city. I live a block away from places like Pizza Hut, KFC, and a Beck’s gas station. There’s a grocery store, a couple of restaurants, a few different stores, and a Taco Bell a few blocks away from me, too. Nice that I can walk to places from home. :)

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

Just outside the city. Really wouldn't want to live in the city where everything is grey, noisy, smelly, too many people. Bleh. No idea why people want to live so crowded like that. But if I need to go there, it's nice that it's close.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3400 Posts

Somewhere in between I guess. 20 from a 1 million city and 20 from a small mountainous area. I live in a quiet seaside suburb and I love it here.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

I live in a city of some 300,000 and I never thought of living in the country, but sadly the city is growing in all the wrong ways, houses being replaced by apartment buildings that occupy every square inch of their lot, not enough parking space and public transport quality declining. Neighboring places that used to be villages are now suburbs with real estate prices doubled in the last few years.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Currently a city for the past year. Not a huge one, quarter mill city, half mill metro included. It's alright.

Most rural place I ever lived was some real backwoods shit lol. The main road going through the town was paved, everything else gravel or dirt roads. The height of entertainment was the Mortal Kombat 1 machine at our single gas station.

Previous place I lived was a nice inbetween. Scattering of small towns, each in the 10k - 20k pop range. Not the typical dead small town stuff, very active communities, nice clean places. Each with a nice strip of bars, shops, restaurants, etc. Lakes everywhere. Always a nice view. Had a lake front spot for next to nothing. Quiet neighborhood, but only a 5 minute walk from the "downtown" strip. Drive about 30-40 mins in either direction, can be at one of the states major cities.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

Fairly big city, within walking distance of the forests and beach and not far from the lakes. Couldn't really ask for more. :)

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#28  Edited By dracula_16  Online
Member since 2005 • 15997 Posts

The city -- and that's how I like it. There aren't any farms anywhere near my city.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SargentD  Online
Member since 2020 • 8217 Posts

<3

Loading Video...