Do you guys think you would last 69 days in a collapsed mine?

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 cee1gee
Member since 2008 • 2042 Posts

Thats what it was, right? A collapsed mine? I am really glad that 28 of 33 miners at the moment have been rescued in Chile. :)

They really have my respect, I don't think I could've lasted that long, even if it was an accident. The conditions are around 90 degrees, they are pretty close to the mantle for it to get that hot, and the air isn't fresh and you're in a cramped up space.

They did get food water and a TV though.

if I made a mistake, I'll fix it. :)

bbkkristian
i dont know but how come all the minors came out clean shaved after being in there for 69 days?...you gotta wonder what was really going on
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]

Thats what it was, right? A collapsed mine? I am really glad that 28 of 33 miners at the moment have been rescued in Chile. :)

They really have my respect, I don't think I could've lasted that long, even if it was an accident. The conditions are around 90 degrees, they are pretty close to the mantle for it to get that hot, and the air isn't fresh and you're in a cramped up space.

cee1gee

i dont know but how come all the minors came out clean shaved after being in there for 69 days?...you gotta wonder what was really going on

All I can think about is accumulated sweat, body odors, filth, feces and urine. My God. The conditions must have been terrible. Do you think they slept a lot?

buldog300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#53 buldog300
Member since 2003 • 2152 Posts
assuming I had food and water (and air), yes. I'd probably spend most of the time sleeping ro talking with survivors.
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#54 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I'd start going crazy the first hour.

cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 cee1gee
Member since 2008 • 2042 Posts

[QUOTE="cee1gee"][QUOTE="bbkkristian"]

BluRayHiDef

All I can think about is accumulated sweat, body odors, filth, feces and urine. My God. The conditions must have been terrible. Do you think they slept a lot?

if 69 minors were trapped someone was bound to have an incredible amount of facial hair but no one did...who brings things to shave when ur mining?
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"]If the other people were friendly, sure. We could play Mafia, Riddle Game, etc.Oleg_Huzwog

And I've got 3 months' worth of knock-knock jokes saved up for just such an occasion.

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Orange.

Orange who?

Knock knock

Who's there?

Orange.

Orange who?

:twisted:

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="cee1gee"] i dont know but how come all the minors came out clean shaved after being in there for 69 days?...you gotta wonder what was really going on cee1gee

if 69 minors were trapped someone was bound to have an incredible amount of facial hair but no one did...who brings things to shave when ur mining?

In preparation for the news coverage, the rescuers probably lowered items such as deodorants, shaving cream, soap and water.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 BluRayHiDef

Where can I watch footage of them being brought up to the surface?

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="cee1gee"] i dont know but how come all the minors came out clean shaved after being in there for 69 days?...you gotta wonder what was really going on cee1gee

They were given shaving stuff a few days before the rescue. It was sent down. But still... a bite of tuna some milk every 48 hrs? Dude...they made their meager 2 day supply last for 2 and a half weeks!

raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

I'm sure I'd be able to survive, but I doubt it would be comfortable.

Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts
I'd be a pretty big ordeal but yeah, I'd probably be able to survive it.
BigSexy63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 BigSexy63
Member since 2010 • 415 Posts

I don't see why not. It's not like they were trapped in a tiny confined space. They had miles of tunnels and dozens of rooms/caverns that they were free to move through. Would it be any different from being inside a building for a couple months with all the windows boarded up?

Oleg_Huzwog
Exactly. They said that one of the miners would run 6 miles a day down there so it wasn't like they didn't even have enough room to stretch their legs. But on topic, I'm pretty sure I would survive. I wouldn't be happy but I would make it.
skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

Where can I watch footage of them being brought up to the surface?

BluRayHiDef

There;s a whole bunch of videos and information here.

dante5395

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 dante5395
Member since 2009 • 252 Posts

probably nt that only has an certain air supply and under certain conditins the miners had supplies going to them long before they got out.