Do you guys still hate on the iPad?

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mario2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Mario2007
Member since 2005 • 2520 Posts

I remember before it came out, all I heard was bad things and skeptism about the product, however, today all I hear is great things about it. Do you think the hate has died down?

CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

Yeah cause people miss the trash can and I see them lying around on the street corners.

marcogamer07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 marcogamer07
Member since 2008 • 1615 Posts

I still hate it, actually. I'm just not very outspoken like some others are. I really didn't have a whole lot to say about it. It's made by Apple, it's an oversized iPod touch, and it does nothing that a laptop and a PC can't do. What more is there to complain about?

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
What can it do again hat a netbook can't? If i even needed a netbook..............i sure as heck aint reading on that thing or paying to own an "e-book" i want to hold the real thing in my hands and smell the damn pages! I'm not gaming on a portable, i might check out something on the net but a smartphone can do that. People use it to network their careers and hold conferences n such no? Well cool, but i don't need that esp. for however much it costs
Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

i dont see why my opinion would change

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
No hate here, but it certainly isn't as good as any given android tablet.
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
It's the popular thing to do.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

No way. The iPad is an awesome device. Just wish I could afford one(which is my guess for why most people here hate on it)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
I'm on one right now. It's a useful little device
Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

My buddy has one... its kinda cool...

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

No way. The iPad is an awesome device. Just wish I could afford one(which is my guess for why most people here hate on it)

Phoenix534

It's more useless than a netbook, but costs more... Yeah i'm sure people hate on it because they can't afford one :roll:

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Yeah, I do. Problem?

Cyb0rg360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cyb0rg360
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts

Like most early adoptions of new technology there will be a niche market for these things until it is integrated with everything else (or not, in which case some other tech will come out). That's the funny part about this area of tech, it's for entertainment primarily, but it has the potential to do a whole lot more for different industries. The average person won't see past watching netflix in bed with a lightweight screen, which is nice, but again it's just about surfing and consuming entertainment. Unlike needed tech, like the infrastructure for IPv6 to replace the current burnt out IPv4 IP addressing scheme, these toys will get all the attention and headlines. Granted these devices, for what it's worth, do drive some of the development of more high tech networking and communication protocols, so I see them as a good thing. But then again I never hated it in the first place,lol

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
Eh. If my Dad gives me one, I won't hate it... Lol :P
Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

It's a cool device. My dad got one as a gift and I mess around with it from time to time.

I would never buy one though. For what it can do, the price is absolutely ridiculous.

drokmore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 drokmore
Member since 2005 • 1863 Posts
Id rather spend my money on a phone I can fit in my pocket ie iphone/droid or a nice laptop. I just dont see the reason to spend lots of money on essentially a hybrid between the two. Ya it works great and is fun if you can afford to waste money.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#17 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
id never buy one. its more portable than a laptop, but its an infinitely worse computer. i have no problems with laptop portability...
Joshywaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#18 Joshywaa
Member since 2002 • 10991 Posts

I just don't see the point in paying that much money for such a silly product

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Well yeah... Apple goes out its way to keep its users in line when using their products and not let them do anything Apple doesn't approve of. To me, that isn't how a company should treat its customers.
cd_rom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cd_rom
Member since 2003 • 13951 Posts
No hate here, but it certainly isn't as good as any given android tablet.Head_of_games
I don't like the iPad, but that's just wrong. The only two android tablets that compare to the iPad 2 are the Xoom and Galaxy 10.1 which comes out in a month. Most of the Android tablets were rushed out during the craze.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
No I actually kinda want iPad2, but it's ridiculously overpriced for a toy.
swamprat_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 swamprat_basic
Member since 2002 • 9145 Posts

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

Nibroc420

It's more useless than a netbook, but costs more... Yeah i'm sure people hate on it because they can't afford one :roll:

No, an iPad cannot do as much as a Netbook, but I would also say that the iPad is far more successful at it's given purpose than any Netbook. The iPad is designed for surfing the internet quickly, watching videos, and playing touchscreen games. And for those purposes, it is flawless. A Netbook is supposed to be a more portable laptop, and in my opinion, the only thing that any Netbook has succeeded at is being portable. They suck at everything else. They are nearly impossible to use, because the screen and keyboard are so tiny, and they aren't very powerful. No, the iPad cannot do as much as a Netbook, but the Netbook user-experience sucks in comparison to the iPad.
Filipino_Rambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Filipino_Rambo
Member since 2009 • 259 Posts
I like them, especially that I can plug in my USB and burn discs... Wait.
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
I don't dislike them, I just think they are too expensive.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

swamprat_basic

No, an iPad cannot do as much as a Netbook, but I would also say that the iPad is far more successful at it's given purpose than any Netbook. The iPad is designed for surfing the internet quickly, watching videos, and playing touchscreen games. And for those purposes, it is flawless. A Netbook is supposed to be a more portable laptop, and in my opinion, the only thing that any Netbook has succeeded at is being portable. They suck at everything else. They are nearly impossible to use, because the screen and keyboard are so tiny, and they aren't very powerful. No, the iPad cannot do as much as a Netbook, but the Netbook user-experience sucks in comparison to the iPad.

So you admit the IPad can do less than a netbook. The IPad also costs more than a Netbook. the Ipad has no physical Keyboard. Yeah, i dunno. I think i'd take the computer that takes ~2 minutes to get use to, rather than the more expensive one with less features.
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
I just hate on the price, too expensive!
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
They're too expensive for the practical application of the device. They're not a bad product though. But you can buy a netbook, even other tablet brands, for a fraction of the price, and with several key features the iPad lacks (the exclusion of a USB port and memory card ports just strikes me as inconceivable on a modern, mobile device). Not to mention other brands and operating systems do not require jailbreaking in order to get full software functionality. Then alongside this you tend to see a lot of irrational (and rational) protection and celebration of the product, despite it being overpriced and under-utilised, so inevitably, a lot of irrational attack and hate (and rational) opposition springs up.
starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#28 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

People, especially on this site, are going to hate iPad simply because it's an apple product. I try not to take sides but in this case it's really hard to ignore all the features that the iPad 2 brings to the table when compared to similar devices. That being said, I don't own one and thus can't really compare it to any others realistically. I've tried it before and I've tried other tablets and I felt that the iPad was better.

It's not perfect, it's just my opinion, and tablets are always underpowered compared to a real computer/laptop.

Haters gonna hate.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#29 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Not exactly hate but I really don't see the point of spending so much cash for one unless you are quite wealthy.
tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts
All I see in the iPad is an oversized iPod used by little kids everywhere :/
Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts
I don't hate it, but I find no use for it or will ever buy a tablet. If people enjoy it then cool beans.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

I'm not interested in it.Hate is something else.

Btw,SOUTH PARK WATCHERS!

Wasn't it kinda weird that everyone that DID read the user agreement actually AGREED with it.That,or they didn't get their update.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

im indifferent to it

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts
i'm indifferent to it.
CUDCUD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CUDCUD
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

What is there to like about it?

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
I love my Android tablet, it was a couple hundred dollars cheaper, is Widescreen, has expandable memory and HDMI out, similar battery life and just as many great apps. So yes I still dislike the Ipad.
Deadbeatcobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Deadbeatcobra
Member since 2006 • 1913 Posts

I messed around with one of them, to me it was nothing more than an oversized ipod touch. Rather have a netbook or laptop

Plus I hate how Apple holds their customers by the nads with their products.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts
side topic. i was at an auto show a few weeks ago and there was a guy going around taking pictures of different cars using his ipad. he looked rather ridiculous trying to hold up this big tablet as a camera. i chuckled to myself..
Avatar image for deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
Member since 2005 • 6976 Posts

Still don't see the point of it. Why would I want a half baked phone OS on a tablet, when I can have a full fledged OS on a netbook for less.
Less capable and more expensive or more cabable and less expensive? Seems like a no brainer to me.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#40 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
There are products that do the same thing for a much cheaper price, and they do some things better. There's NO reason for iPads to be that expensive. You're paying for a chic brand name, and Apple hooks a lot of people in because they're not motivated enough to shop around for similar products. Also, not having a USB connection is just... is just... well, there isn't a thesaurus big enough out there to give me enough words to describe how stupid that is.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#41 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

People, especially on this site, are going to hate iPad simply because it's an apple product. I try not to take sides but in this case it's really hard to ignore all the features that the iPad 2 brings to the table when compared to similar devices. That being said, I don't own one and thus can't really compare it to any others realistically. I've tried it before and I've tried other tablets and I felt that the iPad was better.

It's not perfect, it's just my opinion, and tablets are always underpowered compared to a real computer/laptop.

Haters gonna hate.

starfox15
Well, there is good reason to hate it BECAUSE it's an Apple product. Apple does some pretty asinine things that most of their customers for some reason have no problem with, like the lack of Flash and USB when the iPad came out, and for just always being overpriced in general. So for simply being an Apple product, yeah, that's a good enough reason for me.
chathuranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 chathuranga
Member since 2003 • 3549 Posts
Never hated it. Actually like it since I have a 16 GB iPad and a 64 GB iPad 2.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts
I think it's overpriced from a hardware standpoint, but would ultimately produce an enjoyable experience. I definitely don't seen it as a decent item to have if you are constantly on the go.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

It's a cool device. My dad got one as a gift and I mess around with it from time to time.

I would never buy one though. For what it can do, the price is absolutely ridiculous.

Optical_Order
I'm in the same boat. If you get one as a gift, it's a cool device....But I would never buy one over a laptop.
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

I don't hate on the ipad. I hate all tablet computers as i believe they are overpriced, overhyped pieces of garbage who are hoping to overtake pc's while running a OS designed for cellphones

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Yep, If it could fit in my pocket, maybe I would like it.

lloveLamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lloveLamp
Member since 2009 • 2891 Posts
i dont care on it
Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts

It's an apple product, of course OT hates it. :P

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts

Phoenix534
I agree. In first I was biased without even having my hands put on it (as most haters actually), but when I touched one I really liked it. Then again, I can't afford one.
LazyMushroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LazyMushroom
Member since 2011 • 914 Posts

I own the first generation iPad and I use it every day. It's a great device in my opinion, slightly overpriced but the quality is second to none.