DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56104 Posts

(I know this is a controversial topic but hey, this is OT right? It's 2018 for crying out load!)

Yep, I've had all my shots over the years. Flu shots, Hep C. and any other major vaccines as needed.

It's a requirement of my professional.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Yep. Even the whole anthrax set (6 separate shots?) because I went overseas so much.

The newer ones I took are vaccination for pneumonia and the ever present flu. They're free. So, what the heck? ;)

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@davillain- said:

(I know this is a controversial topic but hey, this is OT right? It's 2018 for crying out load!)

Yep, I've had all my shots over the years. Flu shots, Hep C. and any other major vaccines as needed.

It's only controversial among a pretty small fringe of society who prefers the latest internet trend to logic or reason.

Yes, I was inoculated as a child and we made sure to get our kids all their shots as soon as they were old enough. I visited Africa in my 20s so I got a number of shots above and beyond including Yellow Fever and a few others.

-Byshop

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I do the important stuff, especially when going to other countries. I do however skip the flu vaccines.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain  Moderator

@Byshop: Just playing it safe. Didn't want to offend anyone about taking vaccine shots if anyone is religion person that is.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

Yup, I am absolutely vaccinated. Anyone that willingly isn't are dangerous morons.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

I got the flu shot but still got the flu.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I got some vaccinations when I was little yes. But just a handful as I don't travel much. Like 2 or 3 that contained multiple things in one.

I don't think we got flu vaccinations as a standard. Only by request or if you are a special case or at age.

Justinps2hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 Justinps2hero
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts

Nope, never. I just allow everyone else to do so, so I don't have to. Some nasty stuff in that there syringe.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Controversial because of what ?

Afraid you might turn stoopid for getting a vaccine ?

I have tetanus/diphteria/pertussis shot every 10 years.

My kids had a full vaccination scheme which btw is pretty much mandatory or they won’t be accepted in day care centers or in elementary school.

Bush_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bush_Dog
Member since 2017 • 294 Posts

Yup, when I was a baby because my parents still love me back then...

multiplat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By multiplat
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts

when I read subjects like this, I always get reminded that I falsely assume most GS posters are in the states. ignorant me.

to answer ur question, it is flat out Mandatory here, 99% of the time, not just for most professions here, but for School, with the exception of few select ones where they give u waiver to refuse... but the majority are mandatory for most public school systems,.... unless ur home schooled and going to be unemployed , than have fun in your parents basement being non-vaccinated

unless u are talking about influenza seasonal shots, and travel vaccinations which can be optional.

but i assumed ur talking about the core vaccinations

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Yes, as I and everyone else should be. This shouldn't be controversial...

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Controversial? People should be legally required to get vaccinated, or be barred from receiving medical care.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Yes, since i'm not an idiot

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

I get multiple flu shots for fun.

I love vaccines. I ask my doctor all the time how I can get more.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

Yeah I get the flu shot every year and whenever I need to get vaccinated for anything else.

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

Yes I have. And I look forward to being immune to more preventable diseases in the future.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#20 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

No because the government mixes mind control substances in the vaccines. I also know for a fact that the earth is flat.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I'm required to because I take chemo.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58306 Posts

@davillain- said:

It's not controversial; it's common sense and a necessity for practically everyone, and a really stupid thing to deny for a bunch of relative extremists. The whole "anti-vaxxer" movement is god damn ridiculous, dangerous, and neglectful.

With that said, I haven't had a vaccination for a long time; last one I got was the mandatory vaccination needed if you want to live in a dorm in college (not sure if that's a California State School requirement, but they said I had to).

I only get sick once a year, and frankly I'd rather suffer through it and build up my own antibodies than contribute to any sort of disease resistance. I would not object to a necessary vaccination, though.

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

Nope. I've never really considered it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaVillain  Moderator

@mrbojangles25 said:
@davillain- said:

It's not controversial; it's common sense and a necessity for practically everyone, and a really stupid thing to deny for a bunch of relative extremists. The whole "anti-vaxxer" movement is god damn ridiculous, dangerous, and neglectful.

With that said, I haven't had a vaccination for a long time; last one I got was the mandatory vaccination needed if you want to live in a dorm in college (not sure if that's a California State School requirement, but they said I had to).

I only get sick once a year, and frankly I'd rather suffer through it and build up my own antibodies than contribute to any sort of disease resistance. I would not object to a necessary vaccination, though.

When I mention it can be controversial, few people out in the world don't believe in injecting the flu shots to the body and let your own immune system body do the work for you. Or if anyone is religion, that person may view there body as sacred not to take injection needles and such. Just playing it safe.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

I'm behind for my tetanus booster but up on everything else. My doctor retired last fall and my insurance company assigned a pediatrician to me for some reason. I'm 41, she's not going to see me. Still trying to straighten that out. lol.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

Every required one...

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#27  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Yep, and most I've gotten sick in quite a long time is a runny nose and slight fever.

multiplat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 multiplat

@foxhound_fox said:

Controversial? People should be legally required to get vaccinated, or be barred from receiving medical care.

ya, if u refuse to get vaccinated its ur choice but, then dont have the audacity to enter the hospitals and clinics, u cant have it both ways, basically it would be barring selfish people who are inconsiderate and are actually putting others at risk

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

i did all the mandatory stuff when i was kid

i haven't bothered with anything else as i rarely leave the basement.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@multiplat: Where are u from?

multiplat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By multiplat

@davillain-: nyc, yes everyone has a RIGHT to refuse them, just like Jehovah's refuse blood transfusions... but not getting vaccinated with core stuff, u r putting others at risk. Jehovah's are not jeopardizing anyone else with their anti-blood stance. (not sure if all of them are are also Anti-Vaccer)

and when you say some people believe "let your own immune system body do the work for you", I can respect that stance if the are an "Anti-Antibioticer"... which is apples and oranges to an "Anti-Vaccer"... The vaccines put your immune system TO WORK. Antibiotics give your immune system basically a VACATION, and should only be used when your MD finds enough bacterial evidence that the bacteria can overmatch your baseline immune defenses. (which if that was the case, COULD have been prevented had you preemptively fortified your immune system with important core vaccs to begin with). but some cases are too much for your body to handle and you would take antibiotics regardless (ie., sepsis, meningitis). u get me?

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Absolutely yes, but I'm curious how all this mess started. Was it because of a doctor who wrote a whole article that getting vaccinated will make you "stupid"?

multiplat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 multiplat

@PsychoLemons said:

Absolutely yes, but I'm curious how all this mess started. Was it because of a doctor who wrote a whole article that getting vaccinated will make you "stupid"?

It got started the same way people fear Apple juice, due to a fear-tactic "doctor" like Dr. Oz... or Not saying Oz has a position on vaccines specifically,.... The sad thing is, shit doctors like him, and others who pretend they are medical , they are the minority, and are held in contempt by their peers since they are "click-bait, shock-headliner"whores, while being a minority yet they have the loudest whiniest voices.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#34 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I got all my childhood vaccinations. I usually get the flu shot, and did this year.

Napster06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 Napster06
Member since 2004 • 5659 Posts

Not sure but I guess so... Even then I would definitely vaccinate my kids too (once I have them).

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#36 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

The problem with getting vaccinated is that it makes your arm kinda sore and I'm not sure I was able to consent at that age. I mean, I'm not saying it was rape, but I'm pretty sure it was rape.