Do You Believe In Meteorites?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 frannkzappa
Member since 2012 • 3003 Posts

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

There's no such thing as empty space. Even in seemingly empty space, particles and anti-particles are all the time popping into existence and annhilating each other.

Qauntum fluctuations and such, not to even mention spacetime foam.

br0kenrabbit

your thinking of the small bubble we call the known universe. beyond that there is in fact "nothing". science doesn't talk about this "nothing" all matter is surrounded by because it isn't relevant in any physics our science discussions because for the most part it doesn't affect our universe(meaning all known mass and energy)

space is infinite, matter and energy is not.

Space is finite, otherwise it could not be expanding.

And I don't think you understand the physics at all behind it. When we say there is 'nothing' for the universe to expand into, we quite literally mean there is nothing there. It's not even empty space, it just does not exist. There's nothing to measure, nothing to even allude to.

Space is created as the universe expands, but there is nothing that it is expanding into, not even 'nothing'. The Universe creates its own space as it expands.

I could pull out the math, but I don't think it would help because there's only like one other person I know of on these forums who could follow.

while i admit I'm an aeronautic engineer not a theoretical physicist.

but I'm pretty sure that's what I'm talking about, feel free to break out the math, i majored in physics and engineering. so i may be able to follow.

anyway im by no means closed on this issue i was just stating my understanding of things. feel free to prove me wrong , that's how you learn after all.

ninjastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 ninjastar
Member since 2003 • 9589 Posts

Um, yes. >.>

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

but I'm pretty sure that's what I'm talking about, feel free to break out the math, i majored in physics and engineering. so i may be able to follow.

anyway im by no means closed on this issue i was just stating my understanding of things. feel free to prove me wrong , that's how you learn after all.

frannkzappa

First we have to make an assumption about which kind of universe we are talking about. It's one of the below, but which, no one knows:

b9d99db8626de63193c7fe96273a6cae.png>1

b9d99db8626de63193c7fe96273a6cae.png<1

b9d99db8626de63193c7fe96273a6cae.png=1

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#54 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
of course I do....I especially have to stay away from the green glowing ones....they weaken me...
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
I bet you believe that the lunar landing was staged.AneurysmNirvana
Not Kubrick's best work, either.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

br0kenrabbit

First we have to make an assumption about which kind of universe we are talking about. It's one of the below, but which, no one knows:

b9d99db8626de63193c7fe96273a6cae.png>1

b9d99db8626de63193c7fe96273a6cae.png<1

b9d99db8626de63193c7fe96273a6cae.png=1

Lawrence Krauss's recent book and observations lean towards that space is flat. But yeah, it's still up the air