do u think kids these dayz are smrter than us in our dayz

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hadoken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hadoken
Member since 2003 • 2730 Posts

i think kids are lucky these dayz... they have websites like youtube, wikipedia and all that other junk for them just infront of them. then they have ipods, ipads, iphones which are very cheap.

i was researching mercury in tuna on yahoo answers when i came across this answer:

"Wow. You think like me. It is the same as adding poisonous insecticides on crops, Then you wonder why many people of your country are getting sick then dying. I just can't believe this. People have no common sense. it's all about the money. Instead of growing things healthier but NO. They choose the cheaper option. Mercury. It's toxic. You wouldn't want Mercury in your Tuna would you? Unless you want to die in a painful and sickly way. Sorry. If I offended somebody eating Mercury Tuna. It's just that, what's the use of putting it? by the way, I am a 6th Grader. Thanks for understanding."

im in shock this came from a 6th grader... 8th graders in the school hallways look like little kids, imagine what this kid looks like... can u belive it?

Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Frame_Dragger
Member since 2009 • 9581 Posts
Hadoken, there are concussed nematodes that could outhink you.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
Hadoken, there are concussed nematodes that could outhink you.Frame_Dragger
i don't think hadoken was posting something dumb. He was just saying kids are smart for their age.
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
mmm mercury..
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

This is so awesome!!!

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

[QUOTE="Frame_Dragger"]Hadoken, there are concussed nematodes that could outhink you.hydralisk86
i don't think hadoken was posting something dumb. He was just saying kids are smart for their age.

No, anything hadoken has ever posted or ever will post is without question, dumb.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

[QUOTE="hydralisk86"][QUOTE="Frame_Dragger"]Hadoken, there are concussed nematodes that could outhink you.Optical_Order

No, anything hadoken has ever posted or ever will post is without question, dumb.

What is your reason to insult people like that? It's not like he did something to you, right? Even if he did make posts that you think are pointless, what's that to you?
soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

Yes...they always seem to be in those darn corners...

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#9 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts

All users of Yahoo Answers have the mentality of a sixth grader so I'm not surprised.

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts
Judging by OT alone? HAHAHAHAHA....
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
Not with that title...
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
[QUOTE="Frame_Dragger"]Hadoken, there are concussed nematodes that could outhink you.hydralisk86

That's a blatant lie and you know it
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Hadoken need to create more threads. That's all I care about.

Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts
In terms of knowledge? Yes. In terms of wisdom, that's debatable. Youth have much greater access to information (obviously) but such access can also grossly skew one's perception of the world as well.
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

In my experience, no, most of them are often complete retards. I know plenty of smart little kids, but I honestly can say I knew fewer dumb ones when I was little. I knew more about astronomy in second grade than my cousin did when he was a senior, and he has a masters in astronomy right now. My cousin's daughter, only 3, has been speaking in full sentences for almost 2 years now and has a basic understanding of American politics. It's really scary when a 3 year old can beat her 23 year old father at trivial pursuit. She is the exception to the rule, as most little kids I see nowadays can barely speak a functioning sentence let alone concieve anything complex.

Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Frame_Dragger
[QUOTE="hydralisk86"][QUOTE="Optical_Order"]

i don't think hadoken was posting something dumb. He was just saying kids are smart for their age.hydralisk86

What is your reason to insult people like that? It's not like he did something to you, right? Even if he did make posts that you think are pointless, what's that to you?

There are people who do post things that benefit from someone standing up for them, trying to clarify the original point, and move things forward. Then there's hadoken...
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

The problem with the internet generation is that they are used to getting their information fast. You ask a question on these forums and most people will google it and come back with an answer. However, a lot of the information on the net is not accurate or can be interpreted the wrong way. Current youths are very good at multitasking but have shorter attention spans. Sort of like immediate gratification. At least that's what all these psychologists on NPR were saying the other day.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
theze dayz? meyB.
Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts
If the latest generation is considerably smarter than the previous and keeps transitioning that way, then we must be doing something right. Shame such a huge portion of people will never reach their potential.
Apocalypse97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Apocalypse97
Member since 2008 • 1758 Posts
I don't think that kids today are smarter than before, they just have better access to information. That doesn't mean that they will necessarily do more research though. I'd say most would rather watch youtube videos instead. Don't use Y!A as a source for any kind of project. It's one of the least reliable ones that you could use. lol
Avatar image for deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
Member since 2009 • 4084 Posts

No. When I see some of the stuff my eleven year old nephew posts on facebook, I face palm. The internet does not make anyone smarter.

DarthTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DarthTuna
Member since 2011 • 707 Posts

In terms of knowledge? Yes. In terms of wisdom, that's debatable. Youth have much greater access to information (obviously) but such access can also grossly skew one's perception of the world as well.Setsa

But because of the easy access of information, kids can go on the internet and get some wisdom. Without youtube, i don't think i could i have watched and listen to allot of the martin luther king speeches or gandhi speeches i have watched.

Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Frame_Dragger

[QUOTE="Setsa"]In terms of knowledge? Yes. In terms of wisdom, that's debatable. Youth have much greater access to information (obviously) but such access can also grossly skew one's perception of the world as well.DarthTuna

But because of the easy access of information, kids can go on the internet and get some wisdom. Without youtube, i don't think i could i have watched and listen to allot of the martin luther king speeches or gandhi speeches i have watched.

If this is trolling, it's working.
DarthTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DarthTuna

[QUOTE="DarthTuna"]

[QUOTE="Setsa"]In terms of knowledge? Yes. In terms of wisdom, that's debatable. Youth have much greater access to information (obviously) but such access can also grossly skew one's perception of the world as well.Frame_Dragger

If this is trolling, it's working.

yea gandhi is such an idiot

MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts

In my experience, no, most of them are often complete retards. I know plenty of smart little kids, but I honestly can say I knew fewer dumb ones when I was little. I knew more about astronomy in second grade than my cousin did when he was a senior, and he has a masters in astronomy right now. My cousin's daughter, only 3, has been speaking in full sentences for almost 2 years now and has a basic understanding of American politics. It's really scary when a 3 year old can beat her 23 year old father at trivial pursuit. She is the exception to the rule, as most little kids I see nowadays can barely speak a functioning sentence let alone concieve anything complex.

WiiCubeM1
agreed, for instance people in my class give people like me and some others such baffled looks when we use words with more than one or two syllables
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

I don't think so. Even with access to more information, the fact that they make simple spelling mistakes shows that the information that if learned, isn't what is retained. Sure, they have all of these gadgets to access information, but it isn't helping them and they are more of a distraction (topic title is the OP just trying to be cool with text speak).

Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Nikalai_88
Member since 2006 • 1755 Posts

Actually IQ tests tend to show that each generation is smarter than the previous one. But it depends on what youthink about IQtest.Also you canlook at things like highschool graduation, post secondary enrollment etc. I think all those went up.

DarthTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DarthTuna

Old people talk **** about young people. Then those young people become old and talk **** about the new generation of young people. This cycle has been repeated since the dawn of man.

Avatar image for monkeymoose5000
monkeymoose5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 monkeymoose5000
Member since 2007 • 6111 Posts

[QUOTE="hydralisk86"][QUOTE="Frame_Dragger"]Hadoken, there are concussed nematodes that could outhink you.Optical_Order

Maybe if you're like... an immense idiot. Hadoken you raise a very good point.
DarkOfKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DarkOfKnight
Member since 2011 • 2543 Posts

No. When I see some of the stuff my eleven year old nephew posts on facebook, I face palm. The internet does not make anyone smarter.

BATTOSAI76
Depends on what you do online, it can but seems that most don't use it to gather knowledge. I personally believe in the idea each generation gets smarter one area and dumber in another.
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I talk to a freshman kid on skype and he knows stuff that I didn't know at that age, I was barely learning it. Although we know a lot together, he just happened to learn faster than me.

I also talk to another kid who is my age(17) that developes websites. Another that is an expert of java coding at a young teen age.

Yes, I jelly. Resources weren't that great a while years back. Speaking of these kids, they make more cash than my parents.

LORD_BLACKGULT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LORD_BLACKGULT
Member since 2006 • 947 Posts

I am not qualified to speak about the IQ of kids these days, but no matter what it would be, they are more f-ing moronic than my generation.

Obviously, that is from my experience. Yours may differ.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gaming-Planet

BATTOSAI76
The internet can make a huge impact in it depending how use it. If you use it for entertainment, most likely you aren't going to absorb any useful knowledge.
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gaming-Planet
[QUOTE="Apocalypse97"]I don't think that kids today are smarter than before, they just have better access to information. That doesn't mean that they will necessarily do more research though. I'd say most would rather watch youtube videos instead. Don't use Y!A as a source for any kind of project. It's one of the least reliable ones that you could use. lol

I used to give a lot of false information to troll. People actually took me serious and voted my posts. /facepalm.
Noteldnep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35 Noteldnep
Member since 2005 • 20170 Posts
Not necessarily. My younger brother always got real good grades in school, yet all his smarts mean nothing now that he's graduated High School and done nothing except play video games all the time.
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gaming-Planet
Not necessarily. My younger brother always got real good grades in school, yet all his smarts mean nothing now that he's graduated High School and done nothing except play video games all the time.Noteldnep
Such potential is wasted.
sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sonofsmeagle
Member since 2010 • 4317 Posts

This is so awesome!!!

themajormayor
your sig is awesome
dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts

ya I think the internet is doing that. I don't mean to brag but I spent countless hours on the internet when I was in middle school, and I think I was able to be WAY more articulate than I would have without it. I was basically reading philosophy when I was 14. Of course not because I was so intelligent, but just because I had all this information in front of me, and was curious.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#40 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Kids these days have more easily accessible forms of information available to them. I think they have basically no ability to problem solve as a result, and reading/writing skills seem to be in the toilet as well.
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
No, but there is an increase in smart-asses if that counts.
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gaming-Planet

Kids these days have more easily accessible forms of information available to them. I think they have basically no ability to problem solve as a result, and reading/writing skills seem to be in the toilet as well.DJ_Lae
About the reading and writing skills, my therapist mentioned something about that. He says I have a high vocabulary for my age. I felt a little heart broken for my generation. Teachers at school praise me for my reading and writing skills, yet I feel as average as any student in my class. I don't always think I am that great either.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178848 Posts
Since when did youtube make anyone smart?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LJS9502_basic

What is your reason to insult people like that? It's not like he did something to you, right? Even if he did make posts that you think are pointless, what's that to you?hydralisk86
It's the new OT where all some users do is insult other users rather than discussing the topic...and for all their complaining....they keep reading their threads/posts. Which when you think about it....puts them below the user they insult.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gaming-Planet
Since when did youtube make anyone smart?LJS9502_basic
Educational-type channels. None of that CoD video crap. This is my favorite education-type youtuber http://www.youtube.com/user/vsauce for all my useless knowledge. It feeds the brain so that's beneficial.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Since when did youtube make anyone smart?Gaming-Planet
Educational-type channels. None of that CoD video crap. This is my favorite education-type youtuber http://www.youtube.com/user/vsauce for all my useless knowledge. It feeds the brain so that's beneficial.

I'll take your word for it.......:P
Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
The ease of access to information has changed, but that does not make anyone these days smarter. What makes someone smart is how they apply the knowledge that they do aquire. Just like 20-30 years ago people today act the same. Ages ago some humans took the knowledge of fire and applied it elsewhere beyond just a source of heat or danger. Those people were "smart" as well. Knowledge is absolutely useless unless you find a way to both apply and expand it. Just because it is easier to repeat basic knowledge on a wider level does not mean that all of a sudden more people are using it in a productive way.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]Kids these days have more easily accessible forms of information available to them. I think they have basically no ability to problem solve as a result, and reading/writing skills seem to be in the toilet as well.Gaming-Planet

About the reading and writing skills, my therapist mentioned something about that. He says I have a high vocabulary for my age. I felt a little heart broken for my generation. Teachers at school praise me for my reading and writing skills, yet I feel as average as any student in my class. I don't always think I am that great either.

Same. Maybe everyone else sucks ass at the subjects then lol :D
dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
Since when did youtube make anyone smart?LJS9502_basic
lol are you kidding ? Theres loads of information on youtube.
Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

Most kids have always been morons no matter what point in history they came from. But it's been proven that the average I.Q. has increased over the past few generations.