Do u accept g@y marriage?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ROFLMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#201 ROFLMASTER
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts
Sure why not. I may be a christian, but I think everyone has their right to marry who they love.
Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#202 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
[QUOTE="Silenthps"][QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"]

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]Nope. Gays shouldn't have the special right to change the deffinition of a word that was not intended for them to use. deepdreamer256

Romer V Evans.

That case was about Colorado's Admendment 2, which basically stated it's perfectly fine for homosexuals to be discriminated against without any possibility of a lawsuit, which was struck down by the supreme court. Justice Kennedy wrote in the majority opinion and this was about "Special rights":

To the contrary, the amendment imposes a special disability upon those persons alone. Homosexuals are forbidden the safeguards that others enjoy or may seek without constraint

This case of gay marriage, It still applies. There is no instance of going after "Special rights" to get married, when straight couples can marry without a lot of problems

It's not about descrimination. Marriage is between man and woman. Both gays and non gays have that ability. If gays wanna have some kind of union, then call it something else. Don't destroy the meaning of a word that existed for thousands of years just becaue you dont like it. They were not there doing the creation of that word, they have no right to change it.

This is a very bad analogy but idc. How would you like it if everyone changed the deffinition of chicken, to playstation3. I mean, it's kool if you and your friends wanna call it playstation 3 in your own private time. But when you legalize it and make it the official deffinition for the whole society to live by it, then its a diffrent case. People shouldn't have the right to do that.

Face it, words are changing all the time. ****, which was supposed to mean sex, is now used in a variety of derogatory and gramatically ambiguous phrases. The difference between this and PS3s is that we are adjusting the meaning of a word, not the actual word. Also, changing the meaning of marraige isn't nearly as ridiculous as calling a PS3 a chicken. Just like that, creating a knew term for homosexual marraige would just be silly.

There's gay people now and there were gay people then. When they created the deffinition of marriage, they were fully aware of the fact that there are some people who chose to go with the same sex. Yet they still decided to specifically say its between a man and woman. Which means they were against people of the same sex having that type of union under their word that they created. Theres a diffrence between changing the f word to mean diffrent things, and changing it to mean the number 1 thing that it was against.
Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 Ring_of_fire
Member since 2003 • 15880 Posts
[QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"]

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]Nope. Gays shouldn't have the special right to change the deffinition of a word that was not intended for them to use. Silenthps

Romer V Evans.

That case was about Colorado's Admendment 2, which basically stated it's perfectly fine for homosexuals to be discriminated against without any possibility of a lawsuit, which was struck down by the supreme court. Justice Kennedy wrote in the majority opinion and this was about "Special rights":

To the contrary, the amendment imposes a special disability upon those persons alone. Homosexuals are forbidden the safeguards that others enjoy or may seek without constraint

This case of gay marriage, It still applies. There is no instance of going after "Special rights" to get married, when straight couples can marry without a lot of problems

It's not about descrimination. Marriage is between man and woman. Both gays and non gays have that ability. If gays wanna have some kind of union, then call it something else. Don't destroy the meaning of a word that existed for thousands of years just becaue you dont like it. They were not there doing the creation of that word, they have no right to change it.

This is a very bad analogy but idc. How would you like it if everyone changed the deffinition of chicken, to playstation3. I mean, it's kool if you and your friends wanna call it playstation 3 in your own private time. But when you legalize it and make it the official deffinition for the whole society to live by it, then its a diffrent case. People shouldn't have the right to do that.

It may not be the best analogy, but it is valid. Discrimination is defined by websters as a prejudiced or prejudicial outlook, action, or treatment. Making gay marriage illegal is a form of discrimination, because treating gay citizens of the United States as second ****citizens is a prejudiced action. Making gay marriage illegal is a prejudiced action.

That aside, your point about definitions changing is invalid. Definitions do change over time. But in the case of marriage, it wouldn't be changed that much, since the definition of marriage has changed a lot of times before. But anyways, that point, even if it was true, is invalid, as staying with tradition just for the sake of it being a tradition is not a good thing.

basilbasil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#204 basilbasil
Member since 2006 • 1782 Posts

[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"]Yes, this is America, everyone should be allowed to do what they want as long as it doesn't hurt anybody.Ilived

You guys aren't even allowed to smoke pot.

That's because smoking marijuana hurts you. I'm not against somking it, just giving you the facts. Anyway, my answer to this topic: Yes, I accept and support gay marriage.

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
Partly for procreation.... which homosexuals cannot do...
mindstorm
Sure they can, have you ever heard of artificial ensemanation or seragate mothers? I've even heard of technologies in development that could change an egg into a sperm and vice versa.
BlackAlpha666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 BlackAlpha666
Member since 2005 • 2614 Posts

Partly for procreation.... which homosexuals cannot do...
mindstorm

That has absolutely nothing to do with this. The correct answer is: Because that's the way you are and you can't change it, like with your race and sex.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#207 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
i dont like it, but it also doesn't affect me. So id allow it.
deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#208 deepdreamer256
Member since 2005 • 7140 Posts
Each of the 'stupidist things you've ever heard' are assumptions you make that I do not always agree with...mindstorm
Umm, the stupidest things I have ever heard are my own arguments? And you don't agree with them? Don't even try to pretend that was an intended effect. And, no, the stupidest things I have ever heard are assumptions YOU have made that I do not always agree with.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
[QUOTE="mindstorm"] Partly for procreation.... which homosexuals cannot do...
yoshi-lnex
Sure they can, have you ever heard of artificial ensemanation or seragate mothers? I've even heard of technologies in development that could change an egg into a sperm and vice versa.

Which isn't how things naturally happen...

[QUOTE="mindstorm"] Partly for procreation.... which homosexuals cannot do...
BlackAlpha666

That has absolutely nothing to do with this. The correct answer is: Because that's the way you are and you can't change it, like with your race and sex.

*nods in false agreement*
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="Silenthps"][QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"]

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]Nope. Gays shouldn't have the special right to change the deffinition of a word that was not intended for them to use. Silenthps

Romer V Evans.

Face it, words are changing all the time. ****, which was supposed to mean sex, is now used in a variety of derogatory and gramatically ambiguous phrases. The difference between this and PS3s is that we are adjusting the meaning of a word, not the actual word. Also, changing the meaning of marraige isn't nearly as ridiculous as calling a PS3 a chicken. Just like that, creating a knew term for homosexual marraige would just be silly.

There's gay people now and there were gay people then. When they created the deffinition of marriage, they were fully aware of the fact that there are some people who chose to go with the same sex. Yet they still decided to specifically say its between a man and woman. Which means they were against people of the same sex having that type of union under their word that they created. Theres a diffrence between changing the f word to mean diffrent things, and changing it to mean the number 1 thing that it was against.

The original western use of marriage was in greece and rome, gays were allowed to marry...I don't know where you are getting your info...if anything saying it is just between a man and a woman would be changing it.
BlackAlpha666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 BlackAlpha666

[QUOTE="BlackAlpha666"]

mindstorm

So you think you can become gay at will? Try it, it doesn't work like that.

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="mindstorm"] Partly for procreation.... which homosexuals cannot do...
mindstorm

Very very bad rationality, marriage, mondern medicine, or computers, are all unnatural, should we get rid of those?
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 mindstorm
[QUOTE="mindstorm"]
[QUOTE="BlackAlpha666"]

BlackAlpha666

If my morality didn't stop me I have no doubt whatsoever that I could...
deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 deepdreamer256
[QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="Silenthps"][QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"]

Romer V Evans.

You're right, there is. But what malevolent force decided that marriage was against homosexual marraige in the first place? And what force decided that its meaning was cast in stone? That's the point I was trying to make.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 mindstorm
[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="mindstorm"] Partly for procreation.... which homosexuals cannot do...
yoshi-lnex

Very very bad rationality, marriage, mondern medicine, or computers, are all unnatural, should we get rid of those?

That is not related, those work alongside what is natural... it doesn't bypass the natural all together.
deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 deepdreamer256
[QUOTE="BlackAlpha666"][QUOTE="mindstorm"]
[QUOTE="BlackAlpha666"]

mindstorm

But why would you WANT to?
BlackAlpha666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 BlackAlpha666
[QUOTE="BlackAlpha666"]

mindstorm

Sure, your morality... And it has nothing to do with the fact that you aren't attracted to men to begin with.

Your ignorance is unbelievable...

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="mindstorm"] Partly for procreation.... which homosexuals cannot do...
mindstorm

That is not related, those work alongside what is natural... it doesn't bypass the natural all together.

neither does the things i've mentioned, they all work witht he natural and they all result in something natural; procreation.
deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 deepdreamer256
[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="mindstorm"] Partly for procreation.... which homosexuals cannot do...
mindstorm

But neither does in vitro fertilisation, which relies upon the same, NATURAL process that happens in the female vital organs to produce an embryo outside of the human body.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts
[QUOTE="BlackAlpha666"]

mindstorm

If you feel that way, are you sure that you aren't already?

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="mindstorm"] Partly for procreation.... which homosexuals cannot do...
mindstorm

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/bio99/bio99128.htm

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20390237-1702,00.html

http://arjournals.annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev.es.13.110182.002351

not natural? orly? ;)

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 mindstorm
[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="BlackAlpha666"][QUOTE="mindstorm"]
[QUOTE="BlackAlpha666"]

BlackAlpha666

Sure, your morality... And it has nothing to do with the fact that you aren't attracted to men to begin with.

...That truly is what stops me. One of my best friends has had issues with homosexuality to the point of looking at homosexual porn but he turned from that and is now happy in a heterosexual relationship.

Avatar image for YourChaosIsntMe
YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 YourChaosIsntMe
Member since 2007 • 1228 Posts
[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="mindstorm"]

[QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"][QUOTE="ferrari2001"]No I'm against it, Marriage has been a religious union for thousands of years and the gov't wants to feel special and tell us what marriage it. Since Most religions are against Gay marriage it shouldn't be allowed. If you don't have religions you should just be allowed to live together. Why should their be special treatments for married people in the first place?mindstorm

so you believe that heterosexual marriages should not have legal benefits either? If so then fair enough I guess :P

Wait, he said that only religious people deserve to get married? The 'logic' in this thread staggers me.

I see the point in that as a future pastor I will be uniting people in marriage under God. I will refuse to do not only homosexual marriages but also marriages between unbelievers, even if only one of them is not a believer.

That's exactly my problem, you think marriages only happen in churches. wtf?

I know they don't but traditionally it is a religious practice...

but not always...

I do realize that actually but generally speaking that was the case...

So none of you have ever studied Anthropology huh? I can forgive the future pastor, actually. Devotion to the Christian faith (or any faith for that matter) precludes a dedication to legitimate academia. The word "marriage" and its Hebrew and Arabic variants comprises tyipical Christian, Jewish, and Muslim values concerning sexuality and marriage, obviously. Given the intrinsic link between the English language and Christianity, the perceived concept and definition of "marriage" would appear to be concrete for people who only speak the English language (or Hebrew or Arabic for that matter). The concept predates Judaeo-Christian thoughts/tenets/dogma. Marriage relates to our collective biological predispostion towards semi-monogamy. Like many other primate species, we exhibit a compulsion to pair up, often indefinately. At the same time, we (and Bonobos) tend to experiment prior to pairing, or "marriage." Oftentimes a natural sexual drive occurs, especially during our adolescent years (and this has also been noted in other primate species). This is called HOMOSEXUALITY. One could argue about the different biological and environmental factors that lead a member of our species specifically to practice homosexuality exclusively. While this is rare, if does occur. Given various cultural factors, psychological expectations and the mirror self-image defined by those factors, those who practice Homosexuality exclusively inevitably feel the drive to exist at the same station as everyone else. Regardless of their sexuality, their dreams, hopes, ideas, and expectations are the same as everyone elses. Their sexual preference does not reflect their character, morals, ethics, or values. Furthermore, the concept of marriage, or any other variant of the word is exclusive to our species (that is, we pair for many more reasons than other primate species do). So in a vague sense, your statements were correct, Mindstorm. Like I stated previously, this concept predates monotheism and continues to exist in a different capacity than the one you are familiar with throughout the world. In fact, many sects or tribes in Native American culture recognize transexuals/hermaphrodites as a third gender just as viable for marriage as a female. Likewise, these same tribes accept outright homosexuality. Oftentimes encouraging homosexual boys (and more rarely, homosexual girls) to adopt the company and perspective of the opposite sex. Furthermore, there is information supporting the assumption that early Christians practiced polygamy.

The problem with religion, my friend, is that while other concepts (such as mathematics or political theory) can bar you from objectively considering something for a period of time before one overcomes those prejudices, religion generally influences the individidual to maintain bias and a lack of knowledge throughout their entire lives. Everything you do, say, and think exists to support, validate, or coincide with your faith in a deity and his/her/its omnipotence and omnipresence.

As I earlier stated, homosexuality is in no way immoral, given that it is a natural biological occurence. I watched a Chimp sodomize another Chimp. Were his actions immoral? No, in fact, they both got their rocks off...and I...well..we won't go there. Anyway...:|....While you are certainly entitled to your opinions and ideas, you must come to terms with every passing decade's marginalization of Christianity and its archaic tenets. When a religion no longer reflects the majority, it must adapt as they always have. Thus we are finding many Protestant denominations that are accepting homsexuality at the very least. This trend will only continue, of course. I don't think even you will attempt to argue that assertion.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Engrish_Major

...That truly is what stops me. One of my best friends has had issues with homosexuality to the point of looking at homosexual porn but he turned from that and is now happy in a heterosexual relationship.

mindstorm

Normal straight men don't have that problem.

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="BlackAlpha666"][QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="BlackAlpha666"][QUOTE="mindstorm"]
[QUOTE="BlackAlpha666"]

mindstorm

then that means he was either; confused and never genetically homosexual to begin with or, is now in denial and suppressing it. I'm hoping it's the first, suppressing stuff like that can have bad results.
Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts
Yes I accept it and believe it to be a inevitability much like when the anti-miscegenation laws prohibiting interracial marriages were struck down.
Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts

mindstorm

Ever heard of being bisexual? >_> I'm bi, things aren't always in black and white...

deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 deepdreamer256
[QUOTE="mindstorm"]

Aquat1cF1sh

Ever heard of being bisexual? >_> I'm bi, things aren't always in black and white...

That's nice. >_>
MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts

Do you accept gay marriage?Tobio19
Why wouldn't I? I am not gay therefore I don't care about the gay community nor their gay ventures.

What I want to know is... where is the baby or other endeavor that makes one feel obligated to another? They must be taking advantage of some legal loopholes or seeking some benefits packages. Because other than that gay marriage is just a FAD. Out of fairness marriage is a FAD. One girl gets married then every gal that she knows becomes jealous. Before you know it they're all throwing "I wanna get married" hints to their men. Same deal when one has a baby, soon they all wanna get pregnant.

Benny_is_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#232 Benny_is_here
Member since 2004 • 10084 Posts

I don't accept any forms of marriage.

I have nothing against homosexuals. Phobia is worse than homosexuality.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c
deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c
Member since 2005 • 6504 Posts
"Let 'em marry. Why shouldn't they be as miserable as the rest of us?"
Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Aquat1cF1sh
[QUOTE="Aquat1cF1sh"][QUOTE="mindstorm"]

deepdreamer256

That's nice. >_>

Meh, wasn't really relevant to this argument but still. >_>

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts
the real question is why would you not support it? i mean it makes people happy it doesnt affect you and it means equality for people in America so why not?
deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 deepdreamer256
[QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="Aquat1cF1sh"][QUOTE="mindstorm"]

Aquat1cF1sh

That's nice. >_>

Meh, wasn't really relevant to this argument but still. >_>

I know, you just like tell people that you are bisexual. >_>
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="mindstorm"] Partly for procreation.... which homosexuals cannot do...
legend26

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/bio99/bio99128.htm

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20390237-1702,00.html

http://arjournals.annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev.es.13.110182.002351

not natural? orly? ;)

no comments?
mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts
Well im gay and i think i deserve every right to marry. Just because im gay shouldnt mean i have less privlages than everybody else. Its bad enough that we have to be "saved" :roll:
deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 deepdreamer256
Well im gay and i think i deserve every right to marry. Just because im gay shouldnt mean i have less privlages than everybody else. Its bad enough that we have to be "saved" :roll:mexicangordo
But you DO have to be saved. You . . . you lost Jesus! :cry:
Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Aquat1cF1sh

I know, you just like tell people that you are bisexual. >_>deepdreamer256

I only mentioned it because it's related to what he said. >_>

oldogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 oldogg
Member since 2003 • 823 Posts
[QUOTE="BlackAlpha666"]

mindstorm

what is it with anti-gay people always acting like homosexuality is some HUGE TEMPTATION that everyone actively avoids?

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Engrish_Major

what is it with anti-gay people always acting like homosexuality is some HUGE TEMPTATION that everyone actively avoids?

oldogg

'Cause most of them are gay and think that they will go to hell.

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts
[QUOTE="mexicangordo"]Well im gay and i think i deserve every right to marry. Just because im gay shouldnt mean i have less privlages than everybody else. Its bad enough that we have to be "saved" :roll:deepdreamer256
But you DO have to be saved. You . . . you lost Jesus! :cry:

:lol: That made me really laugh out loud
Riverspirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#244 Riverspirit
Member since 2008 • 138 Posts

I'm a Gay buddhist kid, I'm not expected to go to Hell, I have reservations. But as they say, "Go to Heaven for the weather. Go to hell for the company."

I'm sure you all have guessed, at least I would wish so, not exactly the most straining concept to realize that I think gay marriage should be allowed. Will I ever marry? Maybe, maybe not. I do want to live in California though, love the weather there, especially southern California, gorgeous beaches and the weather is just right.

MindFreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 MindFreeze
Member since 2007 • 2814 Posts

Anyone else getting quite sad/dissapointed in humanity that people are actually against it?

deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 deepdreamer256

Anyone else getting quite sad/dissapointed in humanity that people are actually against it?

MindFreeze
Not humanity in general.
MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts

Well im gay and i think i deserve every right to marry. Just because im gay shouldnt mean i have less privlages than everybody else. Its bad enough that we have to be "saved" :roll:mexicangordo

I didn't want to know that, it's creepy. It's always creepy when someone announces it, it triggers thoughts of fictional yet horrifying sexual encounters.

Scarebaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Scarebaby
Member since 2008 • 1273 Posts

I don't condone marriage at all, regardless of gender.

deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 deepdreamer256

Scarebaby
Is that because you are the Borg?
Scarebaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Scarebaby
Member since 2008 • 1273 Posts
[QUOTE="Scarebaby"]

deepdreamer256

Is that because you are the Borg?

I not borg!! >=O