Do u accept g@y marriage?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
[QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="mindstorm"]Being a light unto the world is part of my faith afterall... We are supposed to be able to do that. (not point fingers but lead people to holiness in love)mindstorm
Oh no, I'm being persecuted by these sensible gay marraige supporters, waaaaaah!!! *sniffle*

That's not persecution... Christians are dying for their faith in other parts of the world...

Isn't that a bit ironic? Christianity is persecuted in other parts of the world but at the same time persecutes itself?
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#152 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38691 Posts
[QUOTE="comp_atkins"][QUOTE="mindstorm"]

[QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"][QUOTE="ferrari2001"]No I'm against it, Marriage has been a religious union for thousands of years and the gov't wants to feel special and tell us what marriage it. Since Most religions are against Gay marriage it shouldn't be allowed. If you don't have religions you should just be allowed to live together. Why should their be special treatments for married people in the first place?mindstorm

so you believe that heterosexual marriages should not have legal benefits either? If so then fair enough I guess :P

Wait, he said that only religious people deserve to get married? The 'logic' in this thread staggers me.

I see the point in that as a future pastor I will be uniting people in marriage under God. I will refuse to do not only homosexual marriages but also marriages between unbelievers, even if only one of them is not a believer.

do you think athiest heterosexuals should also not be permitted to marry?

They can if they want to but I won't be the one leading their ceremony as I'd have that right...

but if you could vote on it, would you permit it?

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="mindstorm"]

[QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"][QUOTE="ferrari2001"]No I'm against it, Marriage has been a religious union for thousands of years and the gov't wants to feel special and tell us what marriage it. Since Most religions are against Gay marriage it shouldn't be allowed. If you don't have religions you should just be allowed to live together. Why should their be special treatments for married people in the first place?yoshi-lnex

so you believe that heterosexual marriages should not have legal benefits either? If so then fair enough I guess :P

Wait, he said that only religious people deserve to get married? The 'logic' in this thread staggers me.

I see the point in that as a future pastor I will be uniting people in marriage under God. I will refuse to do not only homosexual marriages but also marriages between unbelievers, even if only one of them is not a believer.

That's exactly my problem, you think marriages only happen in churches. wtf?

I know they don't but traditionally it is a religious practice...

but not always...

I do realize that actually but generally speaking that was the case...
deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#154 deepdreamer256
Member since 2005 • 7140 Posts
One way of loving thy neighbor is leading them down the path of righteousness. Sexual immorality is not a path of righteousness...
mindstorm
Please stop replacing the word 'christianity' with 'righteousness'. I'm not going to help my neighbor by preaching christianity to him. That will just make him angry. (Although I'm pretty sure he is against gay marraige anyway, he hates everything.)
Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Artekus
Member since 2008 • 15700 Posts
I accept it but I dont agree with it.
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"][QUOTE="Silenthps"]Nope. Gays shouldn't have the special right to change the deffinition of a word that was not intended for them to use. Silenthps
1930s silenthps: "Blacks cannot marry whites! They should not have the special right to change the definition that was never intended for that use! Marriage means between a white man and a white woman, or a black man and a black woman!"

Black not being able to marry whites was a law. Not a word.

It already is part of the word by definition, but what does that have to do with anything?
deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 deepdreamer256
[QUOTE="zombiefruit"]Jesus Christ was homosexual, but no one knew.mindstorm
Then how do you?

How do you know he wasn't homosexual?
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 mindstorm
[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="comp_atkins"][QUOTE="mindstorm"]

[QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"][QUOTE="ferrari2001"]No I'm against it, Marriage has been a religious union for thousands of years and the gov't wants to feel special and tell us what marriage it. Since Most religions are against Gay marriage it shouldn't be allowed. If you don't have religions you should just be allowed to live together. Why should their be special treatments for married people in the first place?comp_atkins

do you think athiest heterosexuals should also not be permitted to marry?

They can if they want to but I won't be the one leading their ceremony as I'd have that right...

but if you could vote on it, would you permit it?

I probably wouldn't but am unsure. It's a hypothetical situation I haven't thought much about.
[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="mindstorm"]Being a light unto the world is part of my faith afterall... We are supposed to be able to do that. (not point fingers but lead people to holiness in love)yoshi-lnex
Oh no, I'm being persecuted by these sensible gay marraige supporters, waaaaaah!!! *sniffle*

That's not persecution... Christians are dying for their faith in other parts of the world...

Isn't that a bit ironic? Christianity is persecuted in other parts of the world but at the same time persecutes itself?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by persecuting itself unless you speak of denominations not getting along as they should.
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="mindstorm"]Being a light unto the world is part of my faith afterall... We are supposed to be able to do that. (not point fingers but lead people to holiness in love)mindstorm

and Christians have killed gays here in the U.S.
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts
[QUOTE="legend26"][QUOTE="mindstorm"]

[QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"][QUOTE="ferrari2001"]No I'm against it, Marriage has been a religious union for thousands of years and the gov't wants to feel special and tell us what marriage it. Since Most religions are against Gay marriage it shouldn't be allowed. If you don't have religions you should just be allowed to live together. Why should their be special treatments for married people in the first place?mindstorm

what ever happened to love thy nieghboor??

One way of loving thy neighbor is leading them down the path of righteousness. Sexual immorality is not a path of righteousness...

says who? christianity? there are thousands of older religions across the world. so why should christianity (a newbie when it comes to age) be allowed to tell people whats right and wrong?

god wants love in the earth, so i dont think he really cares if its with two guys or girls. its only man who twisted that vision...

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 mindstorm
[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="zombiefruit"]Jesus Christ was homosexual, but no one knew.deepdreamer256
Then how do you?

How do you know he wasn't homosexual?

As I believe the Bible to be true that would be a complete contradiction of what it says... Not to mention I'd think even secular scholars would think him to be a single heterosexual male due to his loyalty to his cause.
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="mindstorm"]Being a light unto the world is part of my faith afterall... We are supposed to be able to do that. (not point fingers but lead people to holiness in love)mindstorm

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by persecuting itself unless you speak of denominations not getting along as they should.

descriminating against homosexuals...
zombiefruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 zombiefruit
Member since 2006 • 2491 Posts

[QUOTE="zombiefruit"]Jesus Christ was homosexual, but no one knew.mindstorm
Then how do you?

Because I'm god. But seriously, he could have been.

ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 ParadiseAwaits
Member since 2007 • 1410 Posts

Does the topic maker not know how to speak English?

What does G@Y mean?

A@

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 mindstorm
[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="mindstorm"]Being a light unto the world is part of my faith afterall... We are supposed to be able to do that. (not point fingers but lead people to holiness in love)yoshi-lnex

and Christians have killed gays here in the U.S.

I'd question whether their faith is true as that isn't what Jesus preached ("He who is without sin cast the first stone").
[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="legend26"][QUOTE="mindstorm"]

[QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"][QUOTE="ferrari2001"]No I'm against it, Marriage has been a religious union for thousands of years and the gov't wants to feel special and tell us what marriage it. Since Most religions are against Gay marriage it shouldn't be allowed. If you don't have religions you should just be allowed to live together. Why should their be special treatments for married people in the first place?legend26

what ever happened to love thy nieghboor??

says who? christianity? there are thousands of older religions across the world. so why should christianity (a newbie when it comes to age) be allowed to tell people whats right and wrong?

god wants love in the earth, so i dont think he really cares if its with two guys or girls. its only man who twisted that vision...

You used the morality of the Bible as an argument against me and then say it's not right? Make up your mind as to whether or not I should follow what it says....

You have a very poor view of the Bible if you believe that is what God cares about...

Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Blood-Scribe
Member since 2007 • 6465 Posts

ParadiseAwaits

Gay is a censored word when making topic titles.

ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 ParadiseAwaits
[QUOTE="ParadiseAwaits"]

Blood-Scribe

Gay is a censored word when making topic titles.

Why? That word is not offensive.

Main Entry: 1gay Pronunciation: \ˈgā\ Function: adjective Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French gai, of Germanic origin; akin to Old High German gāhi quick, sudden Date: 14th century

1 a: happily excited :merry b: keenly alive and exuberant : having or inducing high spirits

Having high spirits on Gamespot is obviously extrememly offensive to moderators. ;)

CrimzonTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#168 CrimzonTide
Member since 2007 • 12187 Posts
Of course, gay people have the same rights to get married as everone else.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 mindstorm

[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="mindstorm"]Being a light unto the world is part of my faith afterall... We are supposed to be able to do that. (not point fingers but lead people to holiness in love)yoshi-lnex

I question whether a true Christian could be a homosexual... Living a life of sin in a rebelious way doesn't show fruit of being a Christian. I am not saying someone who struggles with homosexuality and wants out of it cannot be a Christian.

I do not think the church handles homosexuals in the way it should however.

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 yoshi-lnex

[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="mindstorm"]Being a light unto the world is part of my faith afterall... We are supposed to be able to do that. (not point fingers but lead people to holiness in love)mindstorm

I question whether a true Christian could be a homosexual... Living a life of sin in a rebelious way doesn't show fruit of being a Christian. I am not saying someone who struggles with homosexuality and wants out of it cannot be a Christian.

I do not think the church handles homosexuals in the way it should however.

Homosexuality is genetically caused, it's not like they can decide to not be homosexual at their own will.
deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 deepdreamer256
You used the morality of the Bible as an argument against me and then say it's not right? Make up your mind as to whether or not I should follow what it says....You have a very poor view of the Bible if you believe that is what God cares about...mindstorm
But it's a logical fallacy. Why would God, who created all of the stars and galaxies in the universe, care about homosexual marraige. That's like saying he wouldn't want two class B stars in a binary system, because they are of the same spectral type (sex.) That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
honkyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#172 honkyjoe
Member since 2005 • 5907 Posts
Who people want to spend there time with doesnt concern me one bit. I am all for Gay Marriage, Considering that there are far worse things in the world besides same sex marriage.
heyfunboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 heyfunboy
Member since 2005 • 667 Posts
Yes, I don't want to take away peoples right.
Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Ring_of_fire
Member since 2003 • 15880 Posts

Nope. Gays shouldn't have the special right to change the deffinition of a word that was not intended for them to use. Silenthps

Romer V Evans.

That case was about Colorado's Admendment 2, which basically stated it's perfectly fine for homosexuals to be discriminated against without any possibility of a lawsuit, which was struck down by the supreme court. Justice Kennedy wrote in the majority opinion and this was about "Special rights":

To the contrary, the amendment imposes a special disability upon those persons alone. Homosexuals are forbidden the safeguards that others enjoy or may seek without constraint

This case of gay marriage, It still applies. There is no instance of going after "Special rights" to get married, when straight couples can marry without a lot of problems

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#175 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts
I'm bi, so you take a guess... >_>
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]You used the morality of the Bible as an argument against me and then say it's not right? Make up your mind as to whether or not I should follow what it says....You have a very poor view of the Bible if you believe that is what God cares about...deepdreamer256
But it's a logical fallacy. Why would God, who created all of the stars and galaxies in the universe, care about homosexual marraige. That's like saying he wouldn't want two class B stars in a binary system, because they are of the same spectral type (sex.) That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

^^^this

Avatar image for YourChaosIsntMe
YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 YourChaosIsntMe
Member since 2007 • 1228 Posts
[QUOTE="Litchie"]

Haha, what? Seriously? There are actually people saying "no"?. Holy jebus.. Why in the hell wouldn't you accept gay marriage? Isn't it up to the ones getting married if they want to be married or not? I have no interest, whatsoever, in which sex marries which, and it really saddens me that some people do.

FragStains

I think it's funny that while you don't care who marries who...you DO care about why other people do care about who marries who.

...He or she cares because when people do care about who marries who they sound like douchebags.

ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 ParadiseAwaits

Marriage was never meant to have anything to do with Government. Marriage is a religous practice.

Why the Government wants to get involved with it is beyond me.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 mindstorm
Homosexuality is genetically caused, it's not like they can decide to not be homosexual at their own will.yoshi-lnex
I doubt that to be true... And even if it might be, that doesn't mean you have to follow through with it. Alcoholism runs in my family... that doesn't mean I have to become an alcoholic however.
deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 deepdreamer256
I doubt that to be true... And even if it might be, that doesn't mean you have to follow through with it. Alcoholism runs in my family... that doesn't mean I have to become an alcoholic however.
mindstorm
That's because alchoholism is an environmental factor. In the case of genetic gayhood . . . there was one steady mentioned in an issue of New Scientist that talked about how certain parts of the brain in homosexual were very similar that in women and vice-versa, and this was not present in heterosexuals. If that isn't biological, I don't know what is.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 mindstorm
[QUOTE="mindstorm"] I doubt that to be true... And even if it might be, that doesn't mean you have to follow through with it. Alcoholism runs in my family... that doesn't mean I have to become an alcoholic however.
deepdreamer256
That's because alchoholism is an environmental factor. In the case of genetic gayhood . . . there was one steady mentioned in an issue of New Scientist that talked about how certain parts of the brain in homosexual were very similar that in women and vice-versa, and this was not present in heterosexuals. If that isn't biological, I don't know what is.

That doesn't mean they have to enter homosexual relationships and get married however...
deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 deepdreamer256
[QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="mindstorm"] I doubt that to be true... And even if it might be, that doesn't mean you have to follow through with it. Alcoholism runs in my family... that doesn't mean I have to become an alcoholic however.
mindstorm

That doesn't mean they have to enter homosexual relationships and get married however...

So what, you think that they should still follow the path of Christianity and have sex with women, even when they would enjoy doing men far more? That's the second stupidest thing I have ever heard.
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 yoshi-lnex

[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]Homosexuality is genetically caused, it's not like they can decide to not be homosexual at their own will.mindstorm

Well, it is, there's plenty of scientific evidence to prove it, and you are stuck being homosexual if you're born that way, just like a black man is stuck being a black man, it's impossible to change his race or sex even if he wants to, and that is why I believe descriminating against homosequals is on the same level as descriminating against sex or race.

Alcoholism on the other hand is not the same thing, if you stop drinking you can end an addiction, you can never stop holding your sexual orientation though.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]Nope. Gays shouldn't have the special right to change the deffinition of a word that was not intended for them to use. Ring_of_fire

Romer V Evans.

That case was about Colorado's Admendment 2, which basically stated it's perfectly fine for homosexuals to be discriminated against without any possibility of a lawsuit, which was struck down by the supreme court. Justice Kennedy wrote in the majority opinion and this was about "Special rights":

To the contrary, the amendment imposes a special disability upon those persons alone. Homosexuals are forbidden the safeguards that others enjoy or may seek without constraint

This case of gay marriage, It still applies. There is no instance of going after "Special rights" to get married, when straight couples can marry without a lot of problems

It's not about descrimination. Marriage is between man and woman. Both gays and non gays have that ability. If gays wanna have some kind of union, then call it something else. Don't destroy the meaning of a word that existed for thousands of years just becaue you dont like it. They were not there doing the creation of that word, they have no right to change it.

This is a very bad analogy but idc. How would you like it if everyone changed the deffinition of chicken, to playstation3. I mean, it's kool if you and your friends wanna call it playstation 3 in your own private time. But when you legalize it and make it the official deffinition for the whole society to live by it, then its a diffrent case. People shouldn't have the right to do that.

Avatar image for Maverick_Chaos1
Maverick_Chaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Maverick_Chaos1
Member since 2007 • 415 Posts

NO, i dont like it at all, im not mean to gay people i treat them like any other human being but if they asked me what i thought about gay marriage i would say i dont agree with it.ryangb

Well clearly you don't treat them like every other human being if you don't want them to be able to marry who they want. Why should people like you have the authority to impose your beliefs onto others and restrict their freedoms when it doesn't harm anybody else? Seriously, what's wrong with them getting married if they want? Is it immoral? If so, how? It's a load of homophobic crap if you don't believe they have every right to be equal to everyone else.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts

[QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="mindstorm"]You used the morality of the Bible as an argument against me and then say it's not right? Make up your mind as to whether or not I should follow what it says....You have a very poor view of the Bible if you believe that is what God cares about...legend26

^^^this

God has to look at every single thing that goes on in this universe. Maybe gay people having sex just grosses him out?
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 mindstorm
[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="mindstorm"] I doubt that to be true... And even if it might be, that doesn't mean you have to follow through with it. Alcoholism runs in my family... that doesn't mean I have to become an alcoholic however.
deepdreamer256

So what, you think that they should still follow the path of Christianity and have sex with women, even when they would enjoy doing men far more? That's the second stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Why do they have to enter into relationships at all?
Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts

[QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="mindstorm"] I doubt that to be true... And even if it might be, that doesn't mean you have to follow through with it. Alcoholism runs in my family... that doesn't mean I have to become an alcoholic however.
mindstorm

Why do straight people have to enter into relationships at all? >_>

deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 deepdreamer256
[QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"]

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]Nope. Gays shouldn't have the special right to change the deffinition of a word that was not intended for them to use. Silenthps

Romer V Evans.

It's not about descrimination. Marriage is between man and woman. Both gays and non gays have that ability. If gays wanna have some kind of union, then call it something else. Don't destroy the meaning of a word that existed for thousands of years just becaue you dont like it. They were not there doing the creation of that word, they have no right to change it.

This is a very bad analogy but idc. How would you like it if everyone changed the deffinition of chicken, to playstation3. I mean, it's kool if you and your friends wanna call it playstation 3 in your own private time. But when you legalize it and make it the official deffinition for the whole society to live by it, then its a diffrent case. People shouldn't have the right to do that.

Face it, words are changing all the time. ****, which was supposed to mean sex, is now used in a variety of derogatory and gramatically ambiguous phrases. The difference between this and PS3s is that we are adjusting the meaning of a word, not the actual word. Also, changing the meaning of marraige isn't nearly as ridiculous as calling a PS3 a chicken. Just like that, creating a knew term for homosexual marraige would just be silly.
BlackAlpha666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 BlackAlpha666
Member since 2005 • 2614 Posts

[QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="mindstorm"] I doubt that to be true... And even if it might be, that doesn't mean you have to follow through with it. Alcoholism runs in my family... that doesn't mean I have to become an alcoholic however.
mindstorm

Why do you have to enter into a relationship at all?

Think before you post...

DabsTight703

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#191 DabsTight703
Member since 2008 • 1966 Posts
I believe ALL people have the right to the pursuit of happiness.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 mindstorm

[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="mindstorm"] I doubt that to be true... And even if it might be, that doesn't mean you have to follow through with it. Alcoholism runs in my family... that doesn't mean I have to become an alcoholic however.
Aquat1cF1sh

Why do straight people have to enter into relationships at all? >_>

No they do not.

[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="mindstorm"] I doubt that to be true... And even if it might be, that doesn't mean you have to follow through with it. Alcoholism runs in my family... that doesn't mean I have to become an alcoholic however.
BlackAlpha666

Why do you have to enter into a relationship at all?

Think before you post...

Partly for procreation.... which homosexuals cannot do...
CVM_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#193 CVM_123
Member since 2008 • 1265 Posts
mindstorm

they will still enter into relationships homever
deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 deepdreamer256
mindstorm

So basically, your moral argument is that homosexuals should be denied the right to love, even though they were born into it? In my mind, that seems immoral regardless of the circumstances. (And yes, that is the third stupidest thing I have ever heard.)
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="mindstorm"] I doubt that to be true... And even if it might be, that doesn't mean you have to follow through with it. Alcoholism runs in my family... that doesn't mean I have to become an alcoholic however.
mindstorm

Well....it sort of does, they're attracted to the same sex just like we're attracted to the opposite sex, now, having to date, marry and have intercourse with a member of the same sex doesn't sound to fun eh? It's just the reverse with them.
deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 deepdreamer256
Partly for procreation.... which homosexuals cannot do...
mindstorm
Your point being? Marriage isn't all about procreation.
ELJUDEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 ELJUDEZ
Member since 2004 • 7389 Posts
Yes.
deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 deepdreamer256
No they do not.mindstorm
But we want to, that's the key thing.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 mindstorm
deepdreamer256

So basically, your moral argument is that homosexuals should be denied the right to love, even though they were born into it? In my mind, that seems immoral regardless of the circumstances. (And yes, that is the third stupidest thing I have ever heard.)

Each of the 'stupidist things you've ever heard' are assumptions you make that I do not always agree with...
[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="deepdreamer256"][QUOTE="mindstorm"] I doubt that to be true... And even if it might be, that doesn't mean you have to follow through with it. Alcoholism runs in my family... that doesn't mean I have to become an alcoholic however.
yoshi-lnex

Well....it sort of does, they're attracted to the same sex just like we're attracted to the opposite sex, now, having to date, marry and have intercourse with a member of the same sex doesn't sound to fun eh? It's just the reverse with them.

The logic of that is beyond me... as I think so differently.
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"]

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]Nope. Gays shouldn't have the special right to change the deffinition of a word that was not intended for them to use. Silenthps

Romer V Evans.

The definition already has changed, just lookat a dictionary.

Gays do have the right to marry in certain states and coutries, but saying gays have the right to marry a member of the opposite sex really isn't any different than saying "If a person of a certain race wants to marry, they can." back before interacial marriage was legal.