Did Jesus Christ Sin? (Poll)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#451 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178872 Posts

Fine. I can go elsewhere to be ignored.....

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#452 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts
So.... how about that local sports team eh?
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#453 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="Bann_me_fool"]i didLJS9502_basic

You shouldent!!! :o

EDIT: That was TOO quick. Kudos to the mod who got him!!!

He's just making accounts to get banned. I think that was his third.

I didnt see him till now. Anyway this has turned into RC really. :P

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454 Teenaged

So.... how about that local sports team eh?domatron23
What sport does that sports team play?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455 avatar_pron
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
yes maybe
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456 Teenaged

yes maybeavatar_pron
Ha! Your avatar doesnt show up! :lol:

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts

[QUOTE="avatar_pron"]yes maybeTeenaged

Ha! Your avatar doesnt show up! :lol:

The fail is strong in this one.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#459 Teenaged

hehehe avatar_pron
So are you D_S or someone else?

(I even rhymed.. >_>)

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460 Teenaged

Anyway good night everyone.

rjxtian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461 rjxtian
Member since 2005 • 2638 Posts
no...no...no
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#463 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

You are totally free to express your beliefs and defend them in these threads. No one is telling you that you cannot. If you choose not to, that is your decision. You cannot lay the blame on Christians for your choice not to express, discuss, and defend your beliefs.

Anyone can plainly see that the real issue is not a lack of freedom for others to express, discuss, and defend their faith, it is really about a desire to silence Biblical Christians that choose to share and discuss their beliefs.

blackregiment

Hm, I dont want to repeat myself but you do remember my long post in a previous evangelising thread. I dont care if it was deleted for moderation; the point was for you to read it. My opinion on the evangelising efforts done in GS are all there. I am sure you read it and you know by now.

To sum it up like I have said many times (and of course not just me but many others before me) the threads do not promote discussion in the least. Care to remember a previous thread created where Crushmaster was setting restrictions as to who should post and what they should post?

Or the plenty times when you yourself first have turned the discussion about the users themselves and not the discussion at hand? Or many many other things.

But the point is that of course you cannot directly tell me to leave the thread because you know you do not have the power; no one has the power to throw someone out of a discussion so I find your response quite redundant.

(RED) Anyone? Wait that must be only about 5 people in GS in reality....

Rather that use "drive-bys" and strawmen, why not address the points I made?

You are totally free to express your beliefs and defend them in these threads. No one is telling you that you cannot. If you choose not to, that is your decision. You cannot lay the blame on Christians for your choice not to express, discuss, and defend your beliefs.

Anyone can plainly see that the real issue is not a lack of freedom for others to express, discuss, and defend their faith, it is really about a desire to silence Biblical Christians that choose to share and discuss their beliefs.

BR, surely you feel this way, I've read thru this entire thread and haven't seen a post of yours deleted. Your free to say what you wish that follows the TOU, and your posts aren't different from 6 months ago. B
shoot-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#464 shoot-first
Member since 2004 • 9788 Posts

No...now stop with all teh lies!

Avatar image for deactivated-60f8966fb59f5
deactivated-60f8966fb59f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465 deactivated-60f8966fb59f5
Member since 2008 • 1719 Posts
The character? Obviously not. The person? Build a time machine and find out.
_R34LiTY_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466 _R34LiTY_
Member since 2008 • 3331 Posts

He most certainly did.

I doubt he even existed, allthat the 'divine life' of Jesusis is an astroligical allegory anyways.

zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467 zakkro
Member since 2004 • 48823 Posts
If anyone seems to be attempting to silence or exclude a group that holds certain beliefs from discussing their "side of the issue", them, it appears to be you.blackregiment
You really need to look up the definition of discussion. *waits to be ignored*
iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts
[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Most denominations understand the use of metaphor and symbolism in the Bible. That does not negate the message that is in the Bible. Originally the Bible was spoken...and as with all pre written documents...it had to be presented in such a way as to be memorable. Plus, the symbolism was understood by the people that used it.

Funky_Llama

I know that.

But the evangelists dont accept any interpretation efforts. For them there is no allegory in the Bible because for them allegory would mean that god was lying.

Interestingly enough, according to blackregiment the bit of the Bible that tells you to give all your stuff to the poor isn't meant to be taken literally. Funny, that.

people that "take the bible literally" pick and choose which parts they take literal.
rjxtian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469 rjxtian
Member since 2005 • 2638 Posts
call Jesus what ever you wish... when you die and face St. Peter at the Pearly Gates, we shall see.
Olorin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470 Olorin_
Member since 2009 • 42 Posts
No. He was an alien
T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#471 T_P_O
Member since 2008 • 5388 Posts
call Jesus what ever you wish... when you die and face St. Peter at the Pearly Gates, we shall see.rjxtian
Looking forward to it.
Olorin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472 Olorin_
Member since 2009 • 42 Posts
Old testament should not be taken literally. The New testament should.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts
call Jesus what ever you wish... when you die and face St. Peter at the Pearly Gates, we shall see.rjxtian
Hah, I can take St. Peter any day. I say bring it on!!
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
Of course he did. Wasn't he human?
Luigirulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#475 Luigirulez
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

Are you all insane works of satan himself? Jesus did not sin, he was true God, but also true man, he cannot sin, because then he would not be holy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Are you all insane works of satan himself? Jesus did not sin, he was true God, but also true man, he cannot sin, because then he would not be holy.

Luigirulez
Are you saying he wasn't human?
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477 Teenaged

What shall we see?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

[QUOTE="rjxtian"]call Jesus what ever you wish... when you die and face St. Peter at the Pearly Gates, we shall see.Teenaged

What shall we see?

funnel cakes, hopefully
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="rjxtian"]call Jesus what ever you wish... when you die and face St. Peter at the Pearly Gates, we shall see.Jandurin

What shall we see?

funnel cakes, hopefully

:o

The afterlife brochure mentioned only waffles! So there will be surprises?

Yay! :D

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480 Engrish_Major

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="rjxtian"]call Jesus what ever you wish... when you die and face St. Peter at the Pearly Gates, we shall see.Jandurin

What shall we see?

funnel cakes, hopefully

Of course. It was in Revelations:

The wall was made of jasper and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass. the foundation of the city walls were made of every sort of precious stone. The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. the great street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass, and through the gates wafted the scent of funnel cakes.

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

Crushmaster, I'm glad that you're attempting to have a discussion, but this part of your post still concerns me:

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]

Please Note: This topic's purpose is evangelism.

Eddie5vs1

Wikipedia defines evangelism as, "the practice of attempting to convert people to a religion".

Hence, you're not really looking for discussion at all. But, I'll bite. If the Bible is to be believed, then no, Jesus Christ did not commit sin.

yeah, this is quite obvious. they create a thread based on eliciting a certain thought or idea among those that read it. it's called leading, and it's what all evangelist focus on. create the answer, create the thought, and ask questions to lead the person you're engagin to those thoughts / answers. it's meant to give the recipient a sense of accomplishment in the hopes that the point will stick as it appears you've discovered the answer yourself - even though it was there from the beginning :P shallow stuff imho. and a bit dishonest seeing there is only one right answer in their assessment.

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482 3picuri3

[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="Teenaged"]I know that.

But the evangelists dont accept any interpretation efforts. For them there is no allegory in the Bible because for them allegory would mean that god was lying.

iowastate

Interestingly enough, according to blackregiment the bit of the Bible that tells you to give all your stuff to the poor isn't meant to be taken literally. Funny, that.

people that "take the bible literally" pick and choose which parts they take literal.

obviously. given the blatant contradictions one can find if you attempt to interpret everything in a pure literal fashion - which i don't believe was ever the intention of those who created it.

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts

[QUOTE="iowastate"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]Interestingly enough, according to blackregiment the bit of the Bible that tells you to give all your stuff to the poor isn't meant to be taken literally. Funny, that.3picuri3

obviously. given the blatant contradictions one can find if you attempt to interpret everything in a pure literal fashion - which i don't believe was ever the intention of those who created it.

IMO evangelism should stay on the streetcorner corner where it belongs. 8)
warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#485 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts
[QUOTE="btaylor2404"]Anyone can plainly see that the real issue is not a lack of freedom for others to express, discuss, and defend their faith, it is really about a desire to silence Biblical Christians that choose to share and discuss their beliefs.3picuri3
absolutely ludicrous. i suppose it's no shock that you're so quick to come to this conclusion when your doctrine repeatedly gives illustrations of repression and adversity. maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with the way you represent yourselves in here - your lack of respect and tolerance (which apparently doesn't mean the same thing as you think it does due to my local 'indoctrination center' as you put it once). no. no - it can't be that. it has to be some tin-foil conspiracy to suppress christianity and strip you of your 'freedom' to marginalize others and their belief systems. just like the stories in your bible, right? ridiculous delusions of grandeure.

Good post, but I think the quote is attributed to the wrong person.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="btaylor2404"]Anyone can plainly see that the real issue is not a lack of freedom for others to express, discuss, and defend their faith, it is really about a desire to silence Biblical Christians that choose to share and discuss their beliefs.3picuri3
absolutely ludicrous. i suppose it's no shock that you're so quick to come to this conclusion when your doctrine repeatedly gives illustrations of repression and adversity. maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with the way you represent yourselves in here - your lack of respect and tolerance (which apparently doesn't mean the same thing as you think it does due to my local 'indoctrination center' as you put it once). no. no - it can't be that. it has to be some tin-foil conspiracy to suppress christianity and strip you of your 'freedom' to marginalize others and their belief systems. just like the stories in your bible, right? ridiculous delusions of grandeure.

Heh. Christians had a mellenia-and-a-half where they controlled society and were able to persecute all dissenters in virtually the entire Western world. For the first time since the fall of Rome, we are finally able to speak against Christianity, and the Christians are crying about "a desire to silence Biblical Christians" on an internet forum...
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487 3picuri3

[QUOTE="3picuri3"][QUOTE="btaylor2404"]Anyone can plainly see that the real issue is not a lack of freedom for others to express, discuss, and defend their faith, it is really about a desire to silence Biblical Christians that choose to share and discuss their beliefs.Engrish_Major

Heh. Christians had a mellenia-and-a-half where they controlled society and were able to persecute all dissenters in virtually the entire Western world. For the first time since the fall of Rome, we are finally able to speak against Christianity, and the Christians are crying about "a desire to silence Biblical Christians" on an internet forum...

it's not even necessarily speaking out against christianity, it's just discussing alternatives and different interpretations and their reluctance to accept that people have views they feel to be true as well that got them in to trouble.

you have to respect eachother in here, it has nothing to do with religious differences and persecution (that's just the simplest defense mechanism they use) it's all about respect. it's ludicrous that they feel there is some closed-door campaign with the aim to suppress them when ironically what started this whole mess was the refutal and suppression of other peoples beliefs through retorts and outright condemnation.

it is pure hypocrisy.

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488 3picuri3
[QUOTE="3picuri3"][QUOTE="btaylor2404"]Anyone can plainly see that the real issue is not a lack of freedom for others to express, discuss, and defend their faith, it is really about a desire to silence Biblical Christians that choose to share and discuss their beliefs.warbmxjohn

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#489 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts
[QUOTE="3picuri3"][QUOTE="warbmxjohn"][QUOTE="3picuri3"] absolutely ludicrous. i suppose it's no shock that you're so quick to come to this conclusion when your doctrine repeatedly gives illustrations of repression and adversity. maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with the way you represent yourselves in here - your lack of respect and tolerance (which apparently doesn't mean the same thing as you think it does due to my local 'indoctrination center' as you put it once). no. no - it can't be that. it has to be some tin-foil conspiracy to suppress christianity and strip you of your 'freedom' to marginalize others and their belief systems. just like the stories in your bible, right? ridiculous delusions of grandeure.

No prob. :) Don't wanna see that one get modded away, even though it will probably be ignored. >_>
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490 3picuri3

so - crush. is there any reason for your apparent habit to create these threads, comment for a bit, then leave when things get heated - yet continue to create threads elsewhere?

seems to be a recurring theme with these threads. do you not have the patience? do you leave when your goal seems to have been spoiled? just curious.

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
Wow! Mine and BR's posts got mixed up :) I think he and I will agree that's a first.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492 Teenaged

so - crush. is there any reason for your apparent habit to create these threads, comment for a bit, then leave when things get heated - yet continue to create threads elsewhere?

seems to be a recurring theme with these threads. do you not have the patience? do you leave when your goal seems to have been spoiled? just curious.

3picuri3

Well you see the thing has gone beyond Blackregiment's control now, so he'd rather start of anew with yet another evangelising thread, hoping that the next time, something magical will happen, that will render the disagreement to agreement, the intolerance of disrespect to patience in taking offense after offense.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493 Crushmaster
Member since 2008 • 4324 Posts

seems to be a recurring theme with these threads. do you not have the patience? do you leave when your goal seems to have been spoiled? just curious.3picuri3

I typically leave the topics whenI have to get off.

I typically abandon the topics when they have run their course. I am going to try spending more time on my topics on the future.

blankhorizons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#494 blankhorizons
Member since 2009 • 62 Posts

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]

[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]

Well his wife was a prostitute so i would think so.

BumFluff122

He wasn't married.

he was married to Mary Magdalen.

okay, nowhere in the Bible does it say anything about Jesus getting married.
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#495 Crushmaster

okay, nowhere in the Bible does it say anything about Jesus getting married.blankhorizons

You are correct. Nor is there any historical evidence.

J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#496 J-man45
Member since 2008 • 11043 Posts

Jesus did not sin. He is God's son and died so that we might have life through him.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#497 Crushmaster

Jesus did not sin. He is God's son and died so that we might have life through him. J-man45

Amen to that!:)

XanderKage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#498 XanderKage
Member since 2006 • 8956 Posts

Wow, this is one persistent thread. And as far as people saying that "there's no evidence" that Jesus sinned - there's no evidence that he didn't. And the bible is NOT a reliable source - it was written by people who worshipped him, so I'd guess thaey were a little bias. Besides, I thought in christianity it was a sin to believe in other religions?... Jesus was a jew, after all. And you can deny it all you want - he was a jew.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#499 Crushmaster

IMO evangelism should stay on the streetcorner corner where it belongs. 8)iowastate

We're supposed to evangelize everywhere.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#500 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

[QUOTE="iowastate"] IMO evangelism should stay on the streetcorner corner where it belongs. 8)Crushmaster

We're supposed to evangelize everywhere.

But you need to change your methods. This doesn't work because they see you and blackregiment as extremists, not as people who are actually interested in them and what they think and feel. Think about I Corinthians 13 and reflect on that for a while, because this thread has gone on long enough.