Dear Japanophiles: Don't go to Japan looking like this...

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Neoyamaneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Neoyamaneko
Member since 2004 • 4207 Posts

This is just wrong.

Ach! He would have looked better if he just cosplayed.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

Heh heh. Reminds me of my cousin. Bless him.

mark4091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mark4091
Member since 2007 • 3780 Posts

imo, getting too into Japanese cartoons and dressing like a dork is one of the worst things a suburban white kid can do.

yes this is worse then when Fred durst made them think they were black.

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
I LOLd
MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts
:lol: wow why would someone dress like that!?
funnymario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 funnymario
Member since 2005 • 9122 Posts
Lollerskates.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
lmao...im so doing that next summer ^___^
Avatar image for deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
Member since 2003 • 8419 Posts
Depending where you go in Japan, you stick out like a sore thumb regardless.
Dills334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Dills334
Member since 2007 • 270 Posts
lmao... priceless
Neoyamaneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Neoyamaneko
But I think that a white kid wearing a coolie in the city is just asking to be laughed at.
TongHua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TongHua
Member since 2007 • 2929 Posts
The funny thing is the hat he's wearing is Chinese.
CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 CRS98
Member since 2004 • 9036 Posts

I saw that image on Uncyclopedia.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
Weaboo idiots are what's wrong withAmerica.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JiveT

Weaboo idiots are what's wrong withAmerica. Rhazakna

Cowboys and Jets fans are the real problems. :|

Neoyamaneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Neoyamaneko

I saw that image on Uncyclopedia.

CRS98

That's actually where I found it. But I can tell it's an old picture because the back of the newspaper has a picture of Matsui in his Tokyo Giants jersey.

kornholio360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 kornholio360
Member since 2006 • 6973 Posts
Ha, nice hat. :P
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

LukeAF24

in the bigger cities you dont get noticed as much. I went to Japan as an exchange student 2 months ago.

Here are my conclusions:

Rural areas don't see many white people, and absoultely loved me =).

40% of Japanese woman are cute, 30% are gorgeous. it's paradise.

In the larger cities, the Japanese don't like you at all, this could be because of all the other Americans who come to Japan being complete losers.

They love it when you try to speak their language.

Japan loves pirates of the caribbean

They are more crazy about baseball than the U.S is.

Everyone has a nintendo DS 0_o.

Everyone is really polite, especially in stores.

I've never been anti-home sick in my life until I went to Japan, I miss it every day.

But I hate the morons who go there and give a bad name to foriegners.

PotatoSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PotatoSan
Member since 2005 • 3491 Posts

LukeAF24
Most people go to Tokyo though, where people don't even look at you weird for not being Japanese. In the very rural community where I visit my gramma every year, it might be a different story, although one time I did see some tourists downtown.

The only reason that I'd want to go to Tokyo was to eat at Sushidai (really good sushi). I never found anything to buy in Tokyo that I wouldn't be able to find at the electronics store nearest my grandma's farm.

Avatar image for BEAN_LARD_MULCH
BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BEAN_LARD_MULCH
Member since 2006 • 4720 Posts

[QUOTE="LukeAF24"]Depending where you go in Japan, you stick out like a sore thumb regardless.
Koalakommander

in the bigger cities you dont get noticed as much. I went to Japan as an exchange student 2 months ago.

Here are my conclusions:

40% of Japanese woman are cute, 30% are gorgeous. it's paradise.

In the larger cities, the Japanese don't like you at all, this could be because of all the other Americans who come to Japan being complete losers.

They love it when you try to speak their language.

Japan loves pirates of the caribbean

They are more crazy about baseball than the U.S is.

Everyone has a nintendo DS 0_o.

Everyone is really polite, especially in stores.

I've never been anti-home sick in my life until I went to Japan, I miss it every day.

But I hate the morons who go there and give a bad name to foriegners.

Thats true, the rural areas LOVE foreigners, I was living in a realtive small city, but there was like no people from Canada at my age in that school, so I was the person to go to for help with enlgish....
Anyway, Ive seen a couple of idiots with those on, those hats....

Neoyamaneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Neoyamaneko

Bite your tongue. There are plenty of condescending a-holes from Australia, U.K., Canada, and other countries in Japan too.

Hate on the "seppos" all you like, but don't think that they are behind a 1300 year old xenophobic dogma.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Koalakommander

[QUOTE="LukeAF24"]Depending where you go in Japan, you stick out like a sore thumb regardless.
PotatoSan

Most people go to Tokyo though, where people don't even look at you weird for not being Japanese. In the very rural community where I visit my gramma every year, it might be a different story, although one time I did see some tourists downtown.

The only reason that I'd want to go to Tokyo was to eat at Sushidai (really good sushi). I never found anything to buy in Tokyo that I wouldn't be able to find at the electronics store nearest my grandma's farm.

i bought a sh** load of clothes in tokyo 0_o.

Foolio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 Foolio1
Member since 2003 • 7467 Posts
All those Japanese people on the bus are simultaneously thinking: "Tourist."
PotatoSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PotatoSan

Koalakommander

Here are my conclusions:

40% of Japanese woman are cute, 30% are gorgeous. it's paradise. hmmmm....

In the larger cities, the Japanese don't like you at all, this could be because of all the other Americans who come to Japan being complete losers. they probably don't dislike foreigners.. maybe they just don't consider them as special since there are so many visitors in the big cities?

They love it when you try to speak their language. yeah, somewhat true

Japan loves pirates of the caribbean they like a lot of American things

They are more crazy about baseball than the U.S is. Yeah, very serious about baseball

Everyone has a nintendo DS 0_o. yeah, adults think the quiz games and stuff are cool

Everyone is really polite, especially in stores. for sure.

I've never been anti-home sick in my life until I went to Japan, I miss it every day. I felt the same way when I came back a month ago, but considering it was my 15th trip, it went away soon.

But I hate the morons who go there and give a bad name to foriegners. :(

BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BEAN_LARD_MULCH

PotatoSan

B..b...but tokyo has teh Akihabara!!
Man I could spend a month in there and not get bored. Its also really funny in Japan that even the smallest of towns have a great electronics store
Neoyamaneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Neoyamaneko

Ahh...the good old Gaijin God Syndrome where a foreigner thinks all Japanese people should be kissing their butt just because they're not Japanese. :lol:

PotatoSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PotatoSan
[QUOTE="PotatoSan"]

Koalakommander

Oops. Meant to say that I never found any electronics that I wanted to buy, in Tokyo, that I wouldn't have been able to find elswhere.

I'm not big on fashion, but I suppose Tokyo would be the place to go if you want to buy clothes.

Neoyamaneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Neoyamaneko
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="PotatoSan"]

PotatoSan

Oops. Meant to say that I never found any electronics that I wanted to buy, in Tokyo, that I wouldn't have been able to find elswhere.

I'm not big on fashion, but I suppose Tokyo would be the place to go if you want to buy clothes.

Akiba is good to go to at least once. Go for the electronics....stay for the zombie computer "otaku" that shuffle about the place with their backpacks and pseudo army jackets.

PotatoSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PotatoSan
[QUOTE="PotatoSan"]

BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Man I could spend a month in there and not get bored. Its also really funny in Japan that even the smallest of towns have a great electronics store

Yeah. I had more fun riding my bike along the rice fields (exploring) than walking around Tokyo trying to find something that I could only find there. Transportation is a mess in Tokyo.

I went to Akihabara, but bought nothing... somewhat disappointing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
Tokyo is nothing special. All the "real" places to visit, you stick out like a sore thumb. Which was the intention of my first post.
PotatoSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PotatoSan

Akiba is good to go to at least once. Go for the electronics....stay for the zombie computer "otaku" that shuffle about the place with their backpacks and pseudo army jackets.

Neoyamaneko
Went there and bought nothing, saw nothing special. Maybe I just didn't know where to look, but I felt like I wasted a lot of time when I left.
BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BEAN_LARD_MULCH
[QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"][QUOTE="PotatoSan"]

PotatoSan

Yeah. I had more fun riding my bike along the rice fields (exploring) than walking around Tokyo trying to find something that I could only find there. Transportation is a mess in Tokyo.

Really? I find transportation in Tokyo to be quite good considering the amount of things they packed in there. Although riding my bike was quite fun....except for when you go through those bug swarms...ugh
Neoyamaneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Neoyamaneko

PotatoSan

If you live in Japan, Akiba has a lot of good computer parts shops and you can put together a pretty damn good rig for about $250.

PotatoSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PotatoSan
Tokyo is nothing special. All the "real" places to visit, you stick out like a sore thumb. Which was the intention of my first post.LukeAF24
Tokyo isn't as great as people think, but it's definitely special. Depending on who you are, it might be the best place for you to visit in japan.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JiveT
My dream is to go to Japan and publish manga under the pseudonym "Crazy San the Hoku Hoku Man"
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="PotatoSan"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="PotatoSan"]

Neoyamaneko

let me share my experiences of akhibara...

got off the train, and entered the city.

immediately greeted by a 3 different girl dressed like anime characters (only God knows what show). I stop taking the things they pass out, because Japan is absent of garbage cans 0_o.

So I'm walking around with my one of my friends in my same clas and basically - we both love japanese video games, and we both don't care for anime. too bad that whole city was anime covered. Every eleveator has anime posted on all four corners, all the top floors of the stores is anime pron. even most of their videogame selection was anime! we were getting disgusted.

until we say some hot skylines and a couple of honda s2000s drive by =p.

plus we went to an arcade where i showed those japanese up in DDR, and challenged them to Initial D =p.

we bought nothing. i was about to buy FFX internation edition, but i decided it probably wouldnt run back home.

PotatoSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PotatoSan
[QUOTE="PotatoSan"]

Neoyamaneko

If you live in Japan, Akiba has a lot of good computer parts shops and you can put together a pretty damn good rig for about $250.

If that's true, I should have explored more. But then again, I didn't have much time. Maybe next time...

edit: kinda didn't comprehend the "if you live in Japan" part. Would they not be compatible with US bought PC parts?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Tokyo isn't as great as people think, but it's definitely special. Depending on who you are, it might be the best place for you to visit in japan.
PotatoSan

If it's your first time in Japan, sure. It's the prototypical tourism local. It's a mimic of the US's NYC. Only worth seeing once.

PotatoSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PotatoSan

[QUOTE="PotatoSan"]Tokyo isn't as great as people think, but it's definitely special. Depending on who you are, it might be the best place for you to visit in japan.
LukeAF24

If it's your first time in Japan, sure. It's the prototypical tourism local. It's a mimic of the US's NYC. Only worth seeing once.

Hmm. Maybe. I mean, I haven't had the best experiences in Tokyo, but if you have a lot of money you can get a lot of special food.

Hey, not that I would consider food one of the most important things to experience in a trip. But there are nice things to eat.

Neoyamaneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Neoyamaneko
[QUOTE="Neoyamaneko"][QUOTE="PotatoSan"]

PotatoSan

If that's true, I should have explored more. But then again, I didn't have much time. Maybe next time...

edit: kinda didn't comprehend the "if you live in Japan" part. Would they not be compatible with US bought PC parts?

Not like that, but just that some of the stuff would be bulky as hell to bring back with you.

PotatoSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PotatoSan
Ah. Well, I wouldn't have to buy the bulky parts. Discounts are that good huh? Dammit.
Dopemonk736

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Dopemonk736
Member since 2006 • 2731 Posts
I hate japanophiles, they think everything in Japan is just like it is in Anime, they think all the girls are "super hot", andthey think everyone has ninja powers.
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Koalakommander

I hate japanophiles, they think everything in Japan is just like it is in Anime, they think all the girls are "super hot", andthey think everyone has ninja powers.Dopemonk736

most of the girls do look good =p.

but yeah, walking into japan decked out in anime gear is just ignorance.

_Marisa_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 _Marisa_
Member since 2003 • 12204 Posts
:lol: Priceless
Marty_McFly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Marty_McFly_
Member since 2007 • 881 Posts

Ahahaha look at the 2 guys on the left.

Guy 1: Hey, look at this jerk.

Guy: WTF is that?

BTW, lived in Japan for 12 years. Awesome place.

The_Zoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 The_Zoid
Member since 2006 • 59984 Posts
Wow, that's pretty funny. I would've just ditched the hat. :lol:
SupraGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#46 SupraGT
Member since 2003 • 8150 Posts

I hate japanophiles, they think everything in Japan is just like it is in Anime, they think all the girls are "super hot", andthey think everyone has ninja powers.Dopemonk736

that pretty much sums it up
Anyways Hong Kong> Japan.

lugiemojeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lugiemojeed
Member since 2004 • 8785 Posts
what a GAIJIN
Dopemonk736

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Dopemonk736
Member since 2006 • 2731 Posts

[QUOTE="Dopemonk736"]I hate japanophiles, they think everything in Japan is just like it is in Anime, they think all the girls are "super hot", andthey think everyone has ninja powers.SupraGT

that pretty much sums it up
Anyways Hong Kong> Japan.

hong kong is definately a much more beautiful setting then Tokyo

Neoyamaneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Neoyamaneko

what a GAIJINlugiemojeed

A foreign national

slipslayer_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 slipslayer_666
Member since 2005 • 2360 Posts

Ha, when i first got off the plane in Okinawa i actually thought people were going to be dressed like that, with traditional samurai running around.

I was sadly mistaken, luckily i didnt dress like an idiot. I will say this tho, japanese chicks dig guys with afro's. Trust me...I know.