Cops can't watch your house without reason right?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FrenchDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FrenchDynasty
Member since 2009 • 1383 Posts

For the last hour, there's been a cop car directly across the street. And I know, its watching my house whenever I check its still there. I haven't done anything wrong, I have no reason to be watched. It just sits there... almost like they see right through me, I move behind the curtains and they track my every move. The car sits there frozen, with the lights on and sitting still I know they want me to give up and confront them so they can find something to fine me for, well I have nothing! I'm clean they probably are thinking I'll give up after a while and back down to them but thats exactly what they want me to think

I'll prove them wrong... I swear I'll prove them wrong. I know they think they've got the upper hand on me but they don't. They can't watch the house without reason right?

mamelon2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mamelon2012
Member since 2011 • 309 Posts

i dont think its a matter of can, because the answer is yes, they can. however the question should be why would cops watch a house without reason?

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
If you fire a shot in the air it might help...
emb4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 emb4
Member since 2010 • 441 Posts

stop playing loud dubstep

halokillerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 halokillerz
Member since 2004 • 3406 Posts

atleast no one will try to rob ur house. think of it as free protection

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

Turn the lights on, open up your blinds and just stand there butt naked for a good twenty minutes or so.

If that won't make them leave I don't know what will.

Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#9 Desulated
Member since 2005 • 30952 Posts

If you've done nothing wrong or have anything to hide, you shouldn't need to worry.

katana_duo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 katana_duo
Member since 2005 • 1751 Posts
Sounds more like paranoia. They could be just sitting there taking a break or watching the area since it might be on their agenda for the night.
Adrianstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Adrianstalker
Member since 2008 • 1467 Posts

Call the police and report them, but don't mention they are the police just say they are armed and dangerous

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
Yes they can. They don't need a reason or anything. They need a warrant to enter or an emergency situation, but they don't need anything to park on public property and watch you.
Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts
They can You do not have a reasonable expectation of privacy in this case; since anyone walking/driving down the street can see the exact same thing the cop is seeing.
slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

Turn the lights on, open up your blinds and just stand there butt naked for a good twenty minutes or so.

Optical_Order

I thought that was illegal to do?

spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

it seems your house has Probable Cause written all over it

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BMD004
Member since 2010 • 5883 Posts

I don't think you should be worried. If you were being watched, they wouldn't do it where you'd know about it. It would be in a random unmarked car parked down the street... not a cop car directly across from your house.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Yes, the cops can watch you, much like you can watch someone if you please.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#18 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
Creeped out any women recently?
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

Optical_Order

lmfao dude u should so do that haha. but yeah like everyone else said, if ur not doing anything wrong then u shouldnt worry. and yes cops can watch your house without reason, cops can do anything as long as they dont get caught. if u do end up getting harrassed or u feel like they are treating u unfairly later on if they confront u or something, ask for their badge number. there are very few cops that arent corrupt to some extent atleast.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

[QUOTE="Optical_Order"]

idunnodude

lmfao dude u should so do that haha. but yeah like everyone else said, if ur not doing anything wrong then u shouldnt worry. and yes cops can watch your house without reason, cops can do anything as long as they dont get caught. if u do end up getting harrassed or u feel like they are treating u unfairly later on if they confront u or something, ask for their badge number. there are very few cops that arent corrupt to some extent atleast.

Seriously?

:shock:

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 idunnodude

[QUOTE="idunnodude"]

[QUOTE="Optical_Order"]

Nibroc420

Seriously?

:shock:

well i say that based on my experiences and to my knowledge. not saying that there all corrupt, but they have different levels of corruption. like say for example they may do their job completely fine in all other areas throughout the day, but when it comes to dealing with a certain type of ppl or certain situationsthey are biased and treatpeople like dirt. and of course some of them are just straight a holes and are corrupt all the time. cops are messed up ppl man the majority of them have drinking/drug problems and really high divorce rates and stuff. i know this cuz cops have told me themselves.ofcourse ppl wanna think highly of them cuz they would like to feel secure and stuff, but if youask methere almost all corrupt in one way or another.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

cops are messed up ppl man the majority of them have drinking/drug problems and really high divorce rates and stuff. i know this cuz cops have told me themselves.

idunnodude

You asked cops if most of them have drinking or drug problems, and they said yes? Or do cops volunteer this information to you? This seems quite suspicious. I have difficulty imagining that organizations where most of the people are substance abusers would function at all.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
Do a staring contest. Obviously they want to start a war.
VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

I'll prove them wrong... I swear I'll prove them wrong.

FrenchDynasty

i smell joke thread..

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
Most chances are he has some free time and decided to park on a street, just to make people such as you, the op, freak out. Most chances are, someone around there reported or complained about something happening and they are there to make a showing. Far from the notion that every cop is BATMAN and roams the streets without rule or direction, they are often where they are because of law breakers. If he is there, someone around there was doing something wrong. Speeding, stealing, drugs, whatever. Who knows.. he might be sitting in that car thinking "Why is this damn person STARING at me through those blinds?"
Avatar image for deactivated-6016f3a1e8420
deactivated-6016f3a1e8420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-6016f3a1e8420
Member since 2005 • 112042 Posts
Do a staring contest. Obviously they want to start a war.Gaming-Planet
True story. They do things literally. The cops staked my house once. I gave them steak. We now have BBQ parties every month.
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
stare back
Immortalica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Immortalica
Member since 2008 • 6309 Posts
If you know you're not doing anything wrong, what's the problem? The cop can sit there all day but he's not gonna get you for something you didn't do. So don't worry about it. But like that one guy said, it's like free protection really.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
take it somone has smoked up and is paranoid.......
SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

For the last hour, there's been a cop car directly across the street. And I know, its watching my house whenever I check its still there. I haven't done anything wrong, I have no reason to be watched. It just sits there... almost like they see right through me, I move behind the curtains and they track my every move. The car sits there frozen, with the lights on and sitting still I know they want me to give up and confront them so they can find something to fine me for, well I have nothing! I'm clean they probably are thinking I'll give up after a while and back down to them but thats exactly what they want me to think

I'll prove them wrong... I swear I'll prove them wrong. I know they think they've got the upper hand on me but they don't. They can't watch the house without reason right?

FrenchDynasty
I don't really believe your story, but confronting them might be the best solution. If you haven't done anything, then I think trying to solve this by asking them in a reasonable manner is a step up.
LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts
Even if they couldn't do that (which I don't think is correct anyways), I sincerely doubt a cop would watch your house if he didn't have reason to in the first place.
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
Go to Dunken Donuts and buy a couple donuts. When you get home, knock on the policemans window and hand him the box to give him an easier time of watching your house.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#33 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Go for a drive. See if they follow you. If they do, find a pay and spray.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#34 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Call the cops.
Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts
Just confess, turn yourself in. Fighting/denying it only makes things worse.
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
Call the cops.BranKetra
I'd go straight to the FBI personally. At least, that's what I did when I had police helicopters following me around while I was trying to deliver some sandwiches to some friends.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 branketra
[QUOTE="BranKetra"]Call the cops.jimmyjammer69
I'd go straight to the FBI personally. At least, that's what I did when I had police helicopters following me around while I was trying to deliver some sandwiches to some friends.

Seriously? I've always wondered about it, since there are cases where an entire (or at least majority) police force has been suspected to be racist. I don't remember where, but it was one of the northern states.
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts

[QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"][QUOTE="BranKetra"]Call the cops.BranKetra

Seriously? I've always wondered about it, since there are cases where an entire (or at least majority) police force has been suspected to be racist. I don't remember where, but it was one of the northern states.

Nah, not really. :P

NuclearFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NuclearFlower
Member since 2010 • 575 Posts

Use your phone to dial the Wanted Level Down cheat.

stanleycup98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 stanleycup98
Member since 2006 • 6144 Posts
Call the police station and ask if there is a cop on patrol in your area and what they want.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
They can do whatever they want except enter your property without your permission or probable cause.
Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

[QUOTE="idunnodude"]

cops are messed up ppl man the majority of them have drinking/drug problems and really high divorce rates and stuff. i know this cuz cops have told me themselves.

Palantas

You asked cops if most of them have drinking or drug problems, and they said yes? Or do cops volunteer this information to you? This seems quite suspicious. I have difficulty imagining that organizations where most of the people are substance abusers would function at all.

Idunno is actually right. I have an uncle who is a cop who I've overheard talk about this kind of stuff before. There aren't a ton of cops doing drugs and whatever, but it's more than you would expect. Depending on where you live being a cop is extremely stressful and drugs are just an easy way to try and take the edge off of everything. Divorce rates I don't know about but it would make sense due to the stress and lack of time spent together since cops have to work late shifts or be on call.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 branketra

[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"]I'd go straight to the FBI personally. At least, that's what I did when I had police helicopters following me around while I was trying to deliver some sandwiches to some friends.jimmyjammer69

Nah, not really. :P

That was a good movie.
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 idunnodude

[QUOTE="Palantas"]

[QUOTE="idunnodude"]

Optical_Order

Idunno is actually right. I have an uncle who is a cop who I've overheard talk about this kind of stuff before. There aren't a ton of cops doing drugs and whatever, but it's more than you would expect. Depending on where you live being a cop is extremely stressful and drugs are just an easy way to try and take the edge off of everything. Divorce rates I don't know about but it would make sense due to the stress and lack of time spent together since cops have to work late shifts or be on call.

there u go. and yea the cops voluntarily told us this information. if u want to know from where well i was in a pre-employment job/life skills workshop program a couple of months ago. and they would often have guest speakers come in and tell stories and what not. and thats what the cops told us.

kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts

[QUOTE="Optical_Order"]

slipknot0129

no its not. generally speaking you can do anything in the privacy of your own home as long as its not an actual real crime. by real crime i mean harming another person. if its a state with a caste doctrine law you are especially protected. now this doesnt mean the cops wont try and arrest you cause ya know they are cops and like to harass innocent citizens with BS laws. but as a general rule you are legal to do that even in our PC overkill age.
Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
Does a police officer live over the road?
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

[QUOTE="Optical_Order"]

kayoticdreamz

no its not. generally speaking you can do anything in the privacy of your own home as long as its not an actual real crime. by real crime i mean harming another person. if its a state with a caste doctrine law you are especially protected. now this doesnt mean the cops wont try and arrest you cause ya know they are cops and like to harass innocent citizens with BS laws. but as a general rule you are legal to do that even in our PC overkill age.

Standing in your window stark naked will likely get you sent to jail for lewd conduct and indecent exposure, or worse if kids happen to see you, be labeled as a sex offender.

kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts

[QUOTE="kayoticdreamz"][QUOTE="slipknot0129"]I thought that was illegal to do?

WhiteKnight77

Standing in your window stark naked will likely get you sent to jail for lewd conduct and indecent exposure, or worse if kids happen to see you, be labeled as a sex offender.

merely pointing out it is technically legal and so is dancing in the window with two guns pointed at you ceiling also legal. sadly i think the rotten cops would arrest you anyway cause you know our government hell bent on violating your human rights.
gmoneybball91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 gmoneybball91
Member since 2008 • 365 Posts

FrenchDynasty
you seem kind of frantic for someone who hasn't done anything.