conditioning bones with a hhammer

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for xXMarineCorpsXx
xXMarineCorpsXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 xXMarineCorpsXx
Member since 2009 • 80 Posts

Conditioning bone is pretty similar to conditioning muscles. You stress them in small doses, and then repair themselves to be stronger. You have to have to know what you're doing to get the best effect though. Going into the gym and trying to pickup the heaviest weight isn't going to make you a body builder (you'll probably just hurt your back), just like hitting yourself w/ a hammer isn't going to make you a MMA fighter.

The thing w/ the knuckles is that you have a lot of joints, and ligaments there which you don't want to "condition". Bones come back stronger after being broken, but ligaments, and joints tend to get torn down.

jrhawk42

good point,thats what i do i do condtioning(knuckle pushups.,bareknuckle heavy bag punching....and possibly the hammer if i decide to add it) until it hurts and then i wait however much time it takes for them to fully repair and from there i begin again..

xXMarineCorpsXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 xXMarineCorpsXx

[QUOTE="xXMarineCorpsXx"]

before posting people should look the information up first...the process of calcification in bones isnt some fake usless thing..its been used for generations, it deadens the neveres and creates calcium deposits..leaving a thicker stronger,heavier bone. ive been conditioning them for a while and thats why ive decided to move up to the hammer to maximise results..im not some idiot who doesnt no what hes doing and needs adult supervision...people on here have said you wont get any results and theres no reason to do it but i garuntee if each of us punched knuckle to knucle it wouldnt be me getting hurt...before you go on a thread and start flaming think about what the f*** you say first and only post if your gonna help instead of bein a douche a** troll when someone asks a question.

The_Red_Ronso

You need adult supervision. Don't hit yourself with hammers. Condition properly, not by Googling "Bone Conditioning".

yea i didnt...most of the knolledge was from martial arts when i was in it...the hammer thing was something my friend told me about so i decided to check it out...and if you new your facts about calcification you wouldnt down this process so quickly..

wrfade82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 wrfade82
Member since 2006 • 1565 Posts

before posting people should look the information up first...the process of calcification in bones isnt some fake usless thing..its been used for generations, it deadens the neveres and creates calcium deposits..leaving a thicker stronger,heavier bone. ive been conditioning them for a while and thats why ive decided to move up to the hammer to maximise results..im not some idiot who doesnt no what hes doing and needs adult supervision...people on here have said you wont get any results and theres no reason to do it but i garuntee if each of us punched knuckle to knucle it wouldnt be me getting hurt...before you go on a thread and start flaming think about what the f*** you say first and only post if your gonna help instead of bein a douche a** troll when someone asks a question.

xXMarineCorpsXx
You're better off using your time hitting a bag or sparring then setting aside time to hammer your knuckles. Bone calcification should be a gradual process over time spent hitting the bag and sparring. Your body will get used to hitting/being hit the more you spar.
The_Red_Ronso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 The_Red_Ronso
Member since 2009 • 185 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Red_Ronso"][QUOTE="xXMarineCorpsXx"]

xXMarineCorpsXx

You need adult supervision. Don't hit yourself with hammers. Condition properly, not by Googling "Bone Conditioning".

yea i didnt...most of the knolledge was from martial arts when i was in it...the hammer thing was something my friend told me about so i decided to check it out...and if you new your facts about calcification you wouldnt down this process so quickly..

I'm well aware as to how calcification works, your approach to the topic is sloppy and wreck less. And not a single decent Martial Arts instructor on the planet would say, "Yeah bro, just grab that there hammer, and bash it against your fists, then go on GameSpot and ask people to go Knuckle to Knuckle with you." I'm simply saying, if you had your "Facts" about calcification "Straight" you wouldn't be asking OT. Don't hit yourself with hammers.
WestSideAzn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 WestSideAzn
Member since 2003 • 2218 Posts
[QUOTE="spazzx625"][QUOTE="xaos"] Common sense == not deliberately hitting yourself with a hammer :(

Common sense and this thread are like oil and water

Omg, I laughed so hard at that.
pecanin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 pecanin
Member since 2008 • 863 Posts

Jumping of tall buildings helps if helmet doesn't fit

xXMarineCorpsXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 xXMarineCorpsXx

i realised its a gradual process...thats why i only do knuckle work once a week...and as ive said so many times you do not bash your knuckles with it...you hold it a few inches away and tap with a little force..yea i doubt any of my instrucotrs would have advised this but then again they didnt advice having someone punch my abs while i do pullups...and thats created amazing results..it was something new and i was wondering what you guys thought about it sh**i didnt ever say i sit here bangin my knuckles all day with a hammer

SpidersRMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SpidersRMe
Member since 2006 • 6201 Posts

yea i doubt any of my instrucotrs would have advised this but then again they didnt advice having someone punch my abs while i do pullups...and thats created amazing results...xXMarineCorpsXx
Hwat?

Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

This sounds like something you'd hear Dwight saying on The Office.

12345678ew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 12345678ew
Member since 2008 • 2353 Posts

[QUOTE="my_mortal_coil"]

Buncha' nay-sayers, all these people. Be different, do it.

I watched a show that documented this old asian guy. It was said he had an Iron Fist and could kill with ONE PUNCH. He lightly rapped his fist against a metal slab for years.

If you want a 3-inch punch=death, start now.

ownage_denied

Couldn't he just buy a pair of brass knuckles :lol: ?

illegal. buy some indalloy man, it's metal thats a bit harder than steel though heavier. and it melts at 117 fahrenheit. you can seriously melt the stuff, stick your fist in and punch bricks to bits. good fun too. and it doesn't burn you. it does hurt a bit like a hottub that's a degree or two too hot, you know how it hurts for the first few seconds then you get used to it? like that. lmao, it's so worth it though. lol one of my friends is strangely good at fighting and can punch really hard, so we coated his hand and he could punch through 2x4's lmao.... made huge dents in sheet metal too.
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
You know...we got these things called punching bags now...
RevolutionGun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 RevolutionGun
Member since 2009 • 243 Posts
Try eating glass it toughens the insides.