dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Hey guys, with a new year, comes the time to look back over the past year.

So share some memories and thanks about the users and times that make you come back here.

those users that make you laugh, think, put you on track to new reads, shows, movies etc

Like I enjoy saintleo and his recs and his gif readiness

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I always laugh my ass off to Sniper4321 posts. Followed by BRHD posts. Two tottally entertaining users around here on OT, wish they'd post more :)

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

The only thing that makes me come back is a bookmark I should probably delete.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#4  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I still have a love/hate relationship with GS. There are so many hateful people here, some actually hateful, some with hateful personas...sometimes I feel like my time here is wasted and it makes me really sad when some of the people I used to enjoy reading turn bitter and mean, but then I see a thread that by the title I think "everybody is going to be beating down on this poor bastard", then I open it and I see people being helpful, understanding, even kind and I end up staying for a few more months. It takes me a lot to dislike someone and not so much to like them, and I like to believe that most people here are just frustrated and not bad people, so I always try to do my best to be kind to everyone.

There's several people I enjoy in here, with very different personalities from people like @indzman, who is always cheery and kind, making them easily one of the most liked users in OT, to @thegerg, who is allergic to half-baked ideas and manages to save us from those overly verbose people who try to disguise their lack of a coherent idea with an overflow of words, to @deeliman who is always willing to help anyone and will even follow-up in PM's to see if you're ok, to @Master_Live who teaches me all the things I had never wondered about (=P) with endless polls and articles or people like @br0kenrabbit, who, like me, are just a little bit messed up in the head because one day we made the unfortunate decision of becoming programmers.

There are still a lot of good people around, and for as long as that's the case, I'll probably stick around as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

I'd like to thank whoever it was that introduced me to Burial. Though this was back in 2012 or so.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

While I maybe somewhat new to GS, I been lurking here for a long time before I sign up 3 months ago but anyways, I actually enjoy SNIPER clones he was doing on System Wars, I never seen anyone make like over 100 alt accounts. I also remember reading a thread what happen to this user GazaAli which shows that even OT does have feelings which I thought was great seeing someone here in OT care about what happen to GazaAli, wish I could have sign up and tell him, I'm glad your safe and sound.

I have seen some users make interesting threads like MDK12345 odd threads, top_lel religion threads, indzman womanizing threads, and just to name a few.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@korvus said:

I still have a love/hate relationship with GS. There are so many hateful people here, some actually hateful, some with hateful personas...sometimes I feel like my time here is wasted and it makes me really sad when some of the people I used to enjoy reading turn bitter and mean, but then I see a thread that by the title I think "everybody is going to be beating down on this poor bastard", then I open it and I see people being helpful, understanding, even kind and I end up staying for a few more months. It takes me a lot to dislike someone and not so much to like them, and I like to believe that most people here are just frustrated and not bad people, so I always try to do my best to be kind to everyone.

There's several people I enjoy in here, with very different personalities from people like @indzman, who is always cheery and kind, making them easily one of the most liked users in OT, to @thegerg, who is allergic to half-baked ideas and manages to save us from those overly verbose people who try to disguise their lack of a coherent idea with an overflow of words, to @deeliman who is always willing to help anyone and will even follow-up in PM's to see if you're ok, to @Master_Live who teaches me all the things I had never wondered about (=P) with endless polls and articles or people like @br0kenrabbit, who, like me, are just a little bit messed up in the head because one day we made the unfortunate decision of becoming programmers.

There are still a lot of good people around, and for as long as that's the case, I'll probably stick around as well.

Thanks for the kind words man ^^

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@deeliman: You've earned them. You're one of the first nice Dutch people I've met (thankfully you were not the last) who helped me think that I hadn't just screwed myself for moving here.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

@korvus said:

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 indzman

@korvus said:

Likewise Korvus Likewise :)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 indzman

@davillain- said:

While I maybe somewhat new to GS, I been lurking here for a long time before I sign up 3 months ago but anyways, I actually enjoy SNIPER clones he was doing on System Wars, I never seen anyone make like over 100 alt accounts. I also remember reading a thread what happen to this user GazaAli which shows that even OT does have feelings which I thought was great seeing someone here in OT care about what happen to GazaAli, wish I could have sign up and tell him, I'm glad your safe and sound.

I have seen some users make interesting threads like MDK12345 odd threads, top_lel religion threads, indzman womanizing threads, and just to name a few.

I'm very poor at womanising personally, no girl EVER gets attracted to me ( Forveralone ) lol =P

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

@davillain- said:

So somebody actually likes my religion threads. I should make another real soon and get the flame war going.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

Community Chest? Lol am I the only one here that, at first, thought this thread might possibly be Monopoly-related? :P

Well let's see, I also have to admit I found those sniper shenanigans fun and interesting.

Sometimes I post at System Wars, but lately it seems there hasn't been as much stuff there that interests me.

I know I've been gone for a while, but its interesting to come back here for so long, its good to be back among OT. :) Its a shame it is currently not nearly enough active as it once was though. :(

Its good to see some old friends of mine here like indz jond and konvict, and I am also definitely willing to make more new friends as well. :D

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 indzman

@Toph_Girl250 said:

Community Chest? Lol am I the only one here that, at first, thought this thread might possibly be Monopoly-related? :P

Well let's see, I also have to admit I found those sniper shenanigans fun and interesting.

Sometimes I post at System Wars, but lately it seems there hasn't been as much stuff there that interests me.

I know I've been gone for a while, but its interesting to come back here for so long, its good to be back among OT. :) Its a shame it is currently not nearly enough active as it once was though. :(

Its good to see some old friends of mine here like indz jond and konvict, and I am also definitely willing to make more new friends as well. :D

LIkewise Toph. You will make more new freinds easily on OT for your kind and freindly nature :)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@top_lel: I'm not really a religious person but learning from you, I find most of it interesting and I tend to learn from your threads and the OT community.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

@davillain-: gee hee. Another one coming soon. Prepare thy ovaries!

Also, I thought people didn't like them so I stopped making them. But thank you, thank you so fkn much!

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#17 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

SNIPER's shenanigans were priceless. Building a new colony on Mars for manly badass PC gamers? BBC's? 100 clones? Lostrib contributing nothing?

No competition here.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By indzman

@speedfreak48t5p said:

SNIPER's shenanigans were priceless. Building a new colony on Mars for manly badass PC gamers? BBC's? 100 clones? Lostrib contributing nothing?

No competition here.

Only big black dick pictures from Sniper4321 bother me very much, also taken into private messages out of a sudden. Ewww !!!

Rest are funny stuff by Sniper lol

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

What I like most about OT compared to other forums is that you can have an opinion, defend it/promote it, and you won't be banned provided you're not being abusive, disgusting or hateful. Unlike some places on the internet(like neoGAF) where if you don't follow along with the sheep you get banned.

A few of the users I appreciate: @dave123321 for always bringing levity where it's needed. @Aljosa23 for...some reason. @indzman for being creepy, hilarious, and not taking himself too seriously. @GreySeal9 for being friendly even though we disagree on things. Took awhile to get to that point, but I think it's worth it. @mattbbpl for the same reason. @ad1x2 for being a fellow service member and also challenging my opinions when they needed to be. @chessmaster1989 for adding to my Steam library(actually, I really don't like you for that) and always being a dude I can talk to. @hallenbeck77 for being one of the good mods, even though I'm sure you've modded me a few times. Jerk.

I don't appreciate the trolls. You guys know exactly who you are. You don't make this community fun.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By indzman

@airshocker said:

What I like most about OT compared to other forums is that you can have an opinion, defend it/promote it, and you won't be banned provided you're not being abusive, disgusting or hateful. Unlike some places on the internet(like neoGAF) where if you don't follow along with the sheep you get banned.

A few of the users I appreciate: @dave123321 for always bringing levity where it's needed. @Aljosa23 for...some reason. @indzman for being creepy, hilarious, and not taking himself too seriously. @GreySeal9 for being friendly even though we disagree on things. Took awhile to get to that point, but I think it's worth it. @mattbbpl for the same reason. @ad1x2 for being a fellow service member and also challenging my opinions when they needed to be. @chessmaster1989 for adding to my Steam library(actually, I really don't like you for that) and always being a dude I can talk to. @hallenbeck77 for being one of the good mods, even though I'm sure you've modded me a few times. Jerk.

I don't appreciate the trolls. You guys know exactly who you are. You don't make this community fun.

< 3:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@indzman said:

@airshocker said:

< 3:

This is how I think of you whenever you act creepy.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 indzman

@airshocker said:

@indzman said:

@airshocker said:

< 3:

This is how I think of you whenever you act creepy.

You know i love you =P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@indzman: Yeah yeah. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@indzman said:

What, you also like Indz? =P

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#25  Edited By Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

Bromance Thread is Bromantic.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
@Allicrombie said:

Bromance Thread is Bromantic.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deeliman

@korvus said:

@deeliman: You've earned them. You're one of the first nice Dutch people I've met (thankfully you were not the last) who helped me think that I hadn't just screwed myself for moving here.

I really wonder where in The Netherlands you live that you meet such rude jerks lol, but I know you're too paranoid to disclose that info :P Anyways, I'm glad I was able to change your mind about us Dutch people :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@deeliman: Yeah, I just came to realise that in the area where I live you just have to come out and say "thanks but your feedback is not appreciated unless requested", otherwise people think it's perfectly acceptable to intercept you in the middle of the street to let you know they don't like your shoes or something. But there are also nice people here, and some strange stuff like the blood donation thing (not sure if you read XD) But yeah, it seems like people are a lot friendlier in other places of the NL since when I go somewhere else people are normally really nice to me; I just had bad luck moving to this town.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deeliman

@korvus said:

@deeliman: Yeah, I just came to realise that in the area where I live you just have to come out and say "thanks but your feedback is not appreciated unless requested", otherwise people think it's perfectly acceptable to intercept you in the middle of the street to let you know they don't like your shoes or something. But there are also nice people here, and some strange stuff like the blood donation thing (not sure if you read XD) But yeah, it seems like people a lot friendlier in other places of the NL since when I go somewhere else people are normally really nice to me; I just had bad luck moving to this town.

Blood donation thing? Care to elaborate on that? :P

Yeah that has to be it, bad luck, I can't imagine that everyone here is an inconsiderate dick. People are much nicer here in Almere :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@deeliman: I love Almere! Went there once to have lunch with some of my wife's friends...everybody was really nice to me and they had one of those waterfront houses...so pretty. I live way south from you.

As for the blood donation thing, it was one day that I was donating blood and a guy came to me and told me "I didn't know people of your kind were allowed to give blood. You shouldn't be allowed to infect everyone with it". Since we're all screened for diseases before being allowed to donate I'm assuming it was because I'm Portuguese. Must suck for the guy if he ever needs a blood transfusion, gets my blood and wakes up Portuguese XD

Even my wife is started to being treated badly for being married to a foreigner and she's lived here all her life and never had trouble before I moved here.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deeliman

@korvus said:

@deeliman: I love Almere! Went there once to have lunch with some of my wife's friends...everybody was really nice to me and they had one of those waterfront houses...so pretty. I live way south from you.

As for the blood donation thing, it was one day that I was donating blood and a guy came to me and told me "I didn't know people of your kind were allowed to give blood. You shouldn't be allowed to infect everyone with it". Since we're all screened for diseases before being allowed to donate I'm assuming it was because I'm Portuguese. Must suck for the guy if he ever needs a blood transfusion, gets my blood and wakes up Portuguese XD

Even my wife is started to being treated badly for being married to a foreigner and she's lived here all her life and never had trouble before I moved here.

Oh you live in the south, figures -_- They hate foreigners over there. They also have a bad rep in the rest of the country as asocial and uneducated. Not everyone mind you, but a disproportionate amount of people over there fit that profile. Let me take a guess, you live in Brabant?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@deeliman: Nope but it was a fair guess. Whenever I go there it feel just like home XD

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Allicrombie

@korvus said:

@deeliman: Yeah, I just came to realise that in the area where I live you just have to come out and say "thanks but your feedback is not appreciated unless requested", otherwise people think it's perfectly acceptable to intercept you in the middle of the street to let you know they don't like your shoes or something. But there are also nice people here, and some strange stuff like the blood donation thing (not sure if you read XD) But yeah, it seems like people are a lot friendlier in other places of the NL since when I go somewhere else people are normally really nice to me; I just had bad luck moving to this town.

By the way, I hate your shoes. =P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Allicrombie said:

They were nice before today's dinner...sucks when you reserve a place in a fancy restaurant, dress up and then the parking lot is so full of mud your shoes sink halfway into it... (this did happen today, in case you're wondering)

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Allicrombie

@korvus said:

@Allicrombie said:

They were nice before today's dinner...sucks when you reserve a place in a fancy restaurant, dress up and then the parking lot is so full of mud your shoes sink halfway into it... (this did happen today, in case you're wondering)

that bites.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Allicrombie: Yep. It was pitch black in the parking lot so I only noticed the mud when it was too late. Italian leather shoes too...oh well, at least it wasn't muddy gravel...

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Allicrombie

@korvus said:

@Allicrombie: Yep. It was pitch black in the parking lot so I only noticed the mud when it was too late. Italian leather shoes too...oh well, at least it wasn't muddy gravel...

On the bright side, at least you survived !

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@korvus said:
@br0kenrabbit, who, like me, are just a little bit messed up in the head because one day we made the unfortunate decision of becoming programmers.

It's all that machine syntax man, it changes the way you think.

:-p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Allicrombie: Does anybody truly survive the death of their best shoes? /dramaqueen

@br0kenrabbit: True; after all there are only 10 types of people in this world. The ones who understand binary and the ones who don't.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

She aint what she used to be
But I don't think I will ever leave this place

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#41 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

@chaoscougar1 said:

I didn't know you were still here, I thought you left.=O

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 indzman

@korvus said:

@indzman said:

What, you also like Indz? =P

I like indz's new freind from portugal most, more than Christiano TBH >_<

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

@mitu123 said:

@chaoscougar1 said:

I didn't know you were still here, I thought you left.=O

Never Timbo <3

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 indzman

Chaos hardly posts anymore tho like before after new GS layout lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@indzman: HA! Take that, football dude! =P

EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts

I'm not going to name any specific users since I don't really know many people well enough to give them a shout out, but I've come to realise why I still come here even though the forums aren't as active these days and I don't really enjoy much of the editorial content or approve of the direction the writing is going in. I like this place because the users here, by and large are a sensible bunch of people who don't take things too seriously. People are free to disagree and it's no big deal.

Someone mentioned NeoGAF above which is a great example of a site that's just a massive hive mind for narrow minded points of view (many users there aren't like that but whenever I take a look there that seems to be the prevailing characteristic of the site). Even giant bomb on our own doorstep rubs me the wrong way for some reason, it feels like the whole site is set up to worship Jeff and the others and it's not easy to fit in if you're likely to disagree with the staff's views on things. Gs is just a sensible community of normal people who can think for themselves, even if it means disagreeing with the site's own editorial content, and I rather like that.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Too much troll praise in this thread which is probably why OT is dead now. As for users most of the ones that entertained me have moved on and no one new really stands out. If you're a vet then I know you.....but you aren't around much anymore. :(

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#48 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Too much troll praise in this thread which is probably why OT is dead now.

That must be it.

LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts

I guess what I like about this place is that most people here let things go from thread to thread, meaning two people at each others throats during an abortion debate (or something like that) can chill in another thread talking about movies. Maybe I'm not here enough to notice it really but no one seems to hold a grudge, which makes this place a lot more appealing to come back to, knowing that you won't see petty bickering about someone's opinion in a thread from last week.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@LZ71 said:

I guess what I like about this place is that most people here let things go from thread to thread, meaning two people at each others throats during an abortion debate (or something like that) can chill in another thread talking about movies. Maybe I'm not here enough to notice it really but no one seems to hold a grudge, which makes this place a lot more appealing to come back to, knowing that you won't see petty bickering about someone's opinion in a thread from last week.

Yeah, you haven't been around recently. Most of the veteran users let things go, but the newbies haven't really gotten the memo.