Cinefix vs Film Theorists

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for cinephilesunite
CinephilesUnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Cinefix vs Film Theorists (6 votes)

CineFix 50%
the Film Theorists 50%

I prefer CF because of their more diverse selection of films as opposed to the outright endorsement of big budget(usually shallow) upcoming films and not to mention claiming every popular fan theory since 1980 as his (MatPat's) own(ex. The Jon Snow video of his).

• 
CinephilesUnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 CinephilesUnite
Member since 2016 • 65 Posts

Please post your reasoning.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Film Theory, the content is generally more interesting, a lot of effort and details are put into the vidoes.

CinephilesUnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CinephilesUnite

@thehig1: Have you ever seen a CineFix video.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thehig1

@cinephilesunite: yes there one of my subscriptions, I think film thoery has more to it.

CinephilesUnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CinephilesUnite

@thehig1: By which you mean that...

Also, I feel like that Cinefix when they dissect scenes they (appear to) know what they're talking about and they're not afraid to discuss obscure or foreign films that don't get as much attention or views. They also seem to actually be people who are cinephiles and really love film, as they will discuss the lighting or cinematography's meaning in the scene and how it affects it. This is all opposed to how Film Theory just does videos on films that are in the current mainstream attention or well-known, so in my opinion Film Theory should at least widen the variety of films they discuss. Then again I understand why someone would prefer Film Theory, it's much more open to casual viewers or is just plain fun to watch.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thehig1

@cinephilesunite: I like the way film thoery applies real science into its thoerys, it's entertaining and fun to watch.

Being a huge game thoery fan too, I just like the way film thoery videos are, from Matt patts humour and presenting style, to the actaul content which is normally a thoery about a film I've never contemplated but usually makes a lot of sense

CinephilesUnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CinephilesUnite

@thehig1: Oh, I personally go to a channel about movies expecting in depth analysis of scenes and or the ideas of a film. But then Film Theory does do a little bit of that, it mostly uses the Game Theory formula with films, which I understand appeals to a lot of people though I feel Mat could really use an update in the presentation of his videos considering his massive success and without his obvious endorsements or visible sub count one would guess he's still at 100K, not to mention his bloated ego. But he's still can be pretty enjoyable.