RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

Hey guys, I’m trying to think of some creative ideas for a present for my niece. My brother is a hard working guy with 2 step kids and this is his first baby, I was going to give him some money to deposit in a savings account for her because I know the whole family is already going to be buying a bunch of stuff that will likely be outgrown or forgotten about within the year for her, but I’d like to also get her something material but thoughtful for Christmas. Does anyone have any suggestions?

So far I’m thinking a custom Christmas ornament, perhaps carving something out of wood myself, maybe a stuffed toy?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

I think it's a good idea to make her something like you said. But if you decide to have a gift sent to her, babies like things that are soft or that they can chew on. This covers both:

Taggies Blanket

Some genius noticed kids like playing with tags on things, so they made a blanket with a bunch of tags on it. Both my daughters loved these.

And if you want to be practical, there is no such thing as too many diapers. Send size 1 or 2. People will send them plenty of newborn size, but a lot of kids outgrow those within weeks.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

@judaspete:

Good call on the diapers lol, they will be prob the most practical gift of all.