Brave 15 Year Old Defends Himself and His Sister with AR-15

• 128 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts

[QUOTE="Chaos_HL21"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"] I would say that the kids should not have been left home alone. Now how's about an answer to my question?worlock77

Well 15 years old isn't really a kid, That is old enough to be home alone to baby sit his 12 year old sister.

But I would restate your answer they shouldn't of been left home alone without the right training. But that wasn't the case.

Now how's about an answer to my question?

I did answer your question. But the fact it seems the kid wastaught how to handel weapons correctly. The right training really helps cut down on accidents.

Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Bane_09
Member since 2010 • 3394 Posts

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"]I love how we keep getting gun rights advocates coming in with stories like this, but none of them ever bother bringing up that STATISTICALLY, having a gun in your home, ANY home, makes you more likely to die from a gun related death and stories like this never include how often those brave kids accidentally shoot themselves, their family members, or their friends.JohnF111
Owning a car STATISTICALLY makes you more likely to die in a car. :roll: See what I did there?

The point is that guns are supposed to make you safer, when in fact it does not make you safer. Cars are not designed to protect you from other people, or to be used as a weapon

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

The point is that guns are supposed to make you safer, when in fact it does not make you safer. Cars are not designed to protect you from other people, or to be used as a weapon

Bane_09

If this were actually the case we wouldn't arm the military or police. Hell, we wouldn't even arm security.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts
cars arent designed to kill people thoughcheese_game619
Cars kill more people yearly than all types of firearms combined.
Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Bane_09
Member since 2010 • 3394 Posts

[QUOTE="Bane_09"]

airshocker

If this were actually the case we wouldn't arm the military or police. Hell, we wouldn't even arm security.

I meant in the case of personal home defense, I'm fine with trained military or police having weapons of course. Having a gun in the home though doesn't really seem to bring about a lot of safety, like you think it would

the_plan_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 the_plan_man
Member since 2011 • 1664 Posts
It's an old story. Plus, he would've been able to defend himself without an assault rifle...no real reason for him to ever have that. And if you think that the US government is going to turn the country into Nazi Germany, and need an assault rifle, you either need to a) get therapy, or b) move to somewhere else. For protection in their homes, people do not need more than 6 rounds. Assault rifles do not belong on our streets.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 WhiteKnight77
It's an old story. Plus, he would've been able to defend himself without an assault rifle...no real reason for him to ever have that. And if you think that the US government is going to turn the country into Nazi Germany, and need an assault rifle, you either need to a) get therapy, or b) move to somewhere else. For protection in their homes, people do not need more than 6 rounds. Assault rifles do not belong on our streets.the_plan_man
There were two people involved in that break in. If he shot the first person with 6 rounds, how would he be able to shoot the second person that wasn't hit with the initial rounds? Plus, an assault rifle fires automatically, he didn't have one as they are already banned weapons.
genfactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 genfactor
Member since 2004 • 1472 Posts
One kid saving his sister totally makes up for the 100 or so Americans killed by guns in the past 48 hours.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 WhiteKnight77
One kid saving his sister totally makes up for the 100 or so Americans killed by guns in the past 48 hours.genfactor
By handguns, not rifles.
Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts
Rifle + suburban homes really close to each other is a bad combination due to the rifle being able to penetrate into neighbor's houses. A pistol or shotgun would be a lot safer.
akdiuuuryttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 akdiuuuryttt
Member since 2005 • 2854 Posts

where im from if someone broke into a home we wouldnt just start shooting them.. haha but i guess he is a hero

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#62 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

You're not going to win any safety arguments. Guns dont make the public safer. Maybe in specific cases, but overally, they dont make the public safer.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

Does the right to bear arms include Surface to Air Missiles? I'd really like to take down those pesky planes that keep flying around my house. I just know it's Obama up there spying on me.Nuck81

Just using your comment as an example, I think most people have clear ideas and unspoken agreements on what the 2nd Amendment covers: Personal defense weapons limited to small arms and non-autmatic rifles that serve the purpose of defense and sport recreation (and by that, I mean hunting).

I know people will pick this comment apart, but I believe you all know what I mean.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 WhiteKnight77
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]VendettaRed07
Deleted your post just as I was responding. The fact is, kids have been shooting weapons for years. Kids have been hunting with some sort of weapon since time began and using firearms is no different. I first started shooting when I was 12 (almost 40 years ago) and I know of kids who have started even before that age. Proper training goes a long way to preventing of those accidents you are so afraid of.
cryemocry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 cryemocry
Member since 2013 • 590 Posts

Then when the government takes away the registered guns the criminals breaking in with stolen unregistered guns will be shooting the home owners instead.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"][This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]WhiteKnight77
Deleted your post just as I was responding. The fact is, kids have been shooting weapons for years. Kids have been hunting with some sort of weapon since time began and using firearms is no different. I first started shooting when I was 12 (almost 40 years ago) and I know of kids who have started even before that age. Proper training goes a long way to preventing of those accidents you are so afraid of.

I just didn't really feel like talking about it anymore. But oh well. Im aware, my fathers family grew up on hunting because they were so poor that they could barely afford to buy food. But they were responsible, and all well trained. But most people aren't. Im just bothered when cases like this are used as proof as to why americas gunlaws are perfectly fine the way they are. We need to be more responsible with who we are entrusting leathal force with and what types of guns they are allowed to have.

It just feels to me like there is an overall laziness to the solution for safety. We dont want to bother coming up with better plans to help keep people safer. We'd rather just give a person a gun and say, there you go youre protected!.. We don't have to ban guns outright at all.. Id just like to see our country move forward and do things to help greatly reduce the things that cause all of this daily violence rather than just accepting our violent nature.

cryemocry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 cryemocry
you can use a car to kill anyone anytime you want.
Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
[QUOTE="Laihendi"]Obama thinks that kid shouldn't have been able to defend himself and his sister.nocoolnamejim
More likely Obama thinks that you have to play the percentages and while high profile one-off events like this get conservatives wet, statistically they're FAR MORE RARE than the times when kids accidentally kill themselves because they find a loaded gun in their home. So you play the odds.

I've always wondered at what point is it accidental and just not giving a crap. Just like that potentially deadly stampede at the Ivory Coast turning deadly. Just about any teenager with a modern console has played a modern Call of Duty. When you have no bullets, it just clicks. Whenever you have bullets, it shoots bullets. So I have no damn idea how anyone can forget that a gun shoots things when the trigger is pulled which can/meant to kill.
cryemocry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 cryemocry

cars arent designed to kill people thoughcheese_game619
guns are abused by d!psh!ts thats all.

a gun doesnt walk around aiming itself at people and shooting a dumbass person abusing it does.

cryemocry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 cryemocry

You can use a gun for more than just killing like shooting targets for fun or old pieces of sh!t toys or something.

Just like a kitchen knife it can be used for preparing food or it can be used for ''KILLING'' like in michael myers lol.

Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Lotus-Edge
Member since 2008 • 50513 Posts

Inspiring as this is, all the stories you here of children accidentally shooting themselves with said weapons really takes the air out of that sail....

Chargeagles1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73 Chargeagles1
Member since 2006 • 1711 Posts

Obama thinks that kid shouldn't have been able to defend himself and his sister.Laihendi

Well at least Obama thinks. That's more than we can say about you...

CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 CreasianDevaili
[QUOTE="cryemocry"]

You can use a gun for more than just killing like shooting targets for fun or old pieces of sh!t toys or something.

Just like a kitchen knife it can be used for preparing foot or it can be used for ''KILLING'' like in michael myers lol.

That is the exact problem these days. People with the mentality like your own. A gun is specifically designed to destroy at a distance while keeping yourself safe. There is not a single thing you can do with firing a gun that does not involve trying to destroy something.
cryemocry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 cryemocry
[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"][QUOTE="cryemocry"]

Just like a kitchen knife it can be used for preparing foot or it can be used for ''KILLING'' like in michael myers lol.

That is the exact problem these days. People with the mentality like your own. A gun is specifically designed to destroy at a distance while keeping yourself safe. There is not a single thing you can do with firing a gun that does not involve trying to destroy something.

target shooting is a hobby/sport to see who can shoot target more accurately. just like baseball is a sport you can kill someone with that baseball bat go head whack someone in the head with as hard as you can see if they dont die.
cryemocry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 cryemocry

hundreds of years ago we didnt have grocery stores we had to use bow and arrow or guns for hunting our food.

western days people used the **** for hunting but people also abused guns for robbing banks/murder.

cryemocry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 cryemocry

guns were also useful for protection which is still relevant today you dont really need to hunt your food anymore.

So that's where target shooting became a hobby and relevant.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Rifle + suburban homes really close to each other is a bad combination due to the rifle being able to penetrate into neighbor's houses. A pistol or shotgun would be a lot safer.Person0

This has more to do with the cartridge than the rifle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

where im from if someone broke into a home we wouldnt just start shooting them.. haha but i guess he is a hero

akdiuuuryttt

You're an idiot, then.

akdiuuuryttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 akdiuuuryttt
Member since 2005 • 2854 Posts

[QUOTE="akdiuuuryttt"]

airshocker

You're an idiot, then.

no you are

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

no you are

akdiuuuryttt

I wouldn't let an intruder take a step into my home if I could prevent it. I won't risk the lives of other people to spare the life of a criminal.

cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts

[QUOTE="akdiuuuryttt"]

airshocker

You're an idiot, then.

hahaha oh wow if he has a weapon then obviously you're not going to take chances but for you to think burglary = death sentence is fvcking loopy no where else in the first world is there that conception what if its just some stupid 15 year old there on a dare or just in with the wrong crowd in general and talked into it yeah he is stupid, but you are a fvcking maniac if you think he should automatically die for it
poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

Assuming I was desperate for cash and robbing someone, I'd probably be far more likely just to shoot them outright if I knew they had a gun. If they didn't, well the chances I'd get the dosh and everybody's cool. We label then brave when they away with it, and foolish when they grab a weapon in a situation they've never been in against some trigger happy fuknut who precedes to blow their face off. I.e. he was lucky and brave this time...... but lucky perhaps as well.

CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 CreasianDevaili
[QUOTE="cheese_game619"][QUOTE="airshocker"]

[QUOTE="akdiuuuryttt"]

You're an idiot, then.

hahaha oh wow if he has a weapon then obviously you're not going to take chances but for you to think burglary = death sentence is fvcking loopy no where else in the first world is there that conception what if its just some stupid 15 year old there on a dare or just in with the wrong crowd in general and talked into it yeah he is stupid, but you are a fvcking maniac if you think he should automatically die for it

Rather shoot and kill someone breaking in than deal with the possible criminal and civil issues associated with seriously maiming. Just make sure they don't fall out the window or the back out the door and all is dandy.

But truthfully I'd like to knock him down and take a bat to his hands for the deed, not kill. But I get less hassle for killing. So no, not really loopy or being a maniac. We don't get to choose the way the laws are nor ignore probability. Maybe where you live it isn't the same as where I live. For that, goodie for you.
cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 cheese_game619
[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"]Rather shoot and kill someone breaking in than deal with the possible criminal and civil issues associated with seriously maiming. Just make sure they don't fall out the window or the back out the door and all is dandy.

But truthfully I'd like to knock him down and take a bat to his hands for the deed, not kill. But I get less hassle for killing. So no, not really loopy or being a maniac. We don't get to choose the way the laws are nor ignore probability. Maybe where you live it isn't the same as where I live. For that, goodie for you.

lol what the hell why are you yankees so violent you dont have to do anything to him, if you have a gun you yell "stop i have a gun" and if they move you can shoot them you talk about wanting to beat him with a baseball bat then go on to say you're not a maniac you murrikans are hilarious
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
Americans are seriously bored.
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 CreasianDevaili
[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"]Rather shoot and kill someone breaking in than deal with the possible criminal and civil issues associated with seriously maiming. Just make sure they don't fall out the window or the back out the door and all is dandy.

But truthfully I'd like to knock him down and take a bat to his hands for the deed, not kill. But I get less hassle for killing. So no, not really loopy or being a maniac. We don't get to choose the way the laws are nor ignore probability. Maybe where you live it isn't the same as where I live. For that, goodie for you.cheese_game619
lol what the hell why are you yankees so violent you dont have to do anything to him, if you have a gun you yell "stop i have a gun" and if they move you can shoot them you talk about wanting to beat him with a baseball bat then go on to say you're not a maniac you murrikans are hilarious

Nah just his hands!

Actually I was feeding ya cause I know you take every single swipe you can at the U.S. If I tried to say anything else you'd of not replied. I just find it funny that someone who thinks someone shooting anyone is violent would try and script how to handle a burglary. You don't even have a gun right? How many breakins have you screamed to them you had a gun then?
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
[QUOTE="cheese_game619"][QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"]Rather shoot and kill someone breaking in than deal with the possible criminal and civil issues associated with seriously maiming. Just make sure they don't fall out the window or the back out the door and all is dandy.

America was built on guns and whiskey lawl
cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 cheese_game619
is that supposed to mean that some people dont think shooting a person is violent? no i dont have a gun and people dont break into my house because i dont live in a land of animals but if i did find myself in that situation id find something to threaten them with if i could, otherwise id just yell out and hope to scare them off if it didnt look like they were armed i might have a go at them
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 CreasianDevaili
[QUOTE="cheese_game619"][QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"]Rather shoot and kill someone breaking in than deal with the possible criminal and civil issues associated with seriously maiming. Just make sure they don't fall out the window or the back out the door and all is dandy.

But truthfully I'd like to knock him down and take a bat to his hands for the deed, not kill. But I get less hassle for killing. So no, not really loopy or being a maniac. We don't get to choose the way the laws are nor ignore probability. Maybe where you live it isn't the same as where I live. For that, goodie for you.GazaAli

America was built on guns and whiskey lawl

We are pretty violent. Hopefully someday someone can deal actual retribution to us.
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 CreasianDevaili
is that supposed to mean that some people dont think shooting a person is violent? no i dont have a gun and people dont break into my house because i dont live in a land of animals but if i did find myself in that situation id find something to threaten them with if i could, otherwise id just yell out and hope to scare them off if it didnt look like they were armed i might have a go at themcheese_game619
But you're kind of an idiot. You think most of the U.S. is violent and eagerly await inside their homes for another violent U.S. citizen to come fight them. You even called me an animal. Yet day in and day out, for decades, I've never had to lock my door. Or bar my windows. Nor lock my vehicle. I can leave this place for a week and come back and nothing is touched. Yet I live in the most violent country in the world in your eyes.

We can take care of and handle ourselves here just fine. I'd say come and see how it really is here but I figure you'd piss yourself and back out.
poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 poptart

is that supposed to mean that some people dont think shooting a person is violent? no i dont have a gun and people dont break into my house because i dont live in a land of animals but if i did find myself in that situation id find something to threaten them with if i could, otherwise id just yell out and hope to scare them off if it didnt look like they were armed i might have a go at themcheese_game619

Aren't you Welsh?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Amazing story that really goes to show you why we need guns in this country.

kingkong0124

lol Faux news.

cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 cheese_game619
But you're kind of an idiot.  You think most of the U.S. is violent and eagerly await inside their homes for another violent U.S. citizen to come fight them.  You even called me an animal.  Yet day in and day out, for decades, I've never had to lock my door.  Or bar my windows.  Nor lock my vehicle.  I can leave this place for a week and come back and nothing is touched.  Yet I live in the most violent country in the world in your eyes. We can take care of and handle ourselves here just fine.  I'd say come and see how it really is here but I figure you'd piss yourself and back out.CreasianDevaili
you started by saying its very safe and i have it wrong and ended by saying id be scared to stay there lel i never said anything about it being the most violent country in the world i simply disagreed with killing intruders at first glance
Aren't you Welsh?poptart
na whats wrong with welsh people anyway most of them are sheep
poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 poptart

[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"]But you're kind of an idiot. You think most of the U.S. is violent and eagerly await inside their homes for another violent U.S. citizen to come fight them. You even called me an animal. Yet day in and day out, for decades, I've never had to lock my door. Or bar my windows. Nor lock my vehicle. I can leave this place for a week and come back and nothing is touched. Yet I live in the most violent country in the world in your eyes. We can take care of and handle ourselves here just fine. I'd say come and see how it really is here but I figure you'd piss yourself and back out.cheese_game619
you started by saying its very safe and i have it wrong and ended by saying id be scared to stay there lel i never said anything about it being the most violent country in the world i simply disagreed with killing intruders at first glance
Aren't you Welsh?poptart
na whats wrong with welsh people anyway most of them are sheep

Dony deny it.

Come now - you can tell me - I'm trustworthy

Just think of me as a young...

a-JIMMY-SAVILE-640x468.jpg

cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 cheese_game619
urgh what is that thing im australian americans are known for not being able to handle the #BANT#uwotm8#LAD#banter
poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 poptart

urgh what is that thing im australian americans are known for not being able to handle the #BANT#uwotm8#LAD#bantercheese_game619

You beaut.

,,,are you sure you're not Welsh?

cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 cheese_game619
i get the feeling im missing a reference here
poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 poptart

i get the feeling im missing a reference herecheese_game619

Sorry I thought you were Welsh. No reference. Just obviously an error on my part :oops:

Oh well... I could have sworn.

Apologies, however g'day from melbs

El_Garbanzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 El_Garbanzo
Member since 2012 • 296 Posts

Kids are ok, criminal trash got shot. Im ok with this