Best movie scenes of the decade?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

I did one of these threads I think for 2008 films but this is a bit wider choices. Also surprisingly I am in the mood to discuss films, isnt that a shocker? Anyway these are some of my favorite scenes.

1. City of god- The scene where Lil Ze makes the little child shoot the other kids, first in the foot to hurt them then he makes him shoot the 2 kids dead. That scene is one of the only scenes in a film that actually made me almost tear up. I almost looked away when it happened, such an incredible film. Shame the director's films after like Constant gardener and Blindness are not as great.

2. Wind that shakes the barley- the ending where a certain person gets killed. Also the scene where Damien has to kill the traitor.

3. American Psycho. Damn so many classic scenes, but the scene where Bateman confesses his crimes to his lawyer on the phone is one of my favorites. The famous paul allen death scene is also a classic.

4. The Orphanage- The knock on wood scene near the end where Laura does the knock on wood game and the ghost kids appear behind her.

5. Let the right one in- The pool scene at the end, those who have seen the film will know which scene this is.

6. The Fall- The scene in the hospital where Roy tells the rest of the story where all the characters start dieing in sad ways.

7. 28 days later- Frank's infection scene, and the scene where Jim does the rampage with that great music by john murphy in the background

8. Sunshine- What happens to Kaneda when he tries to fix the problem with the ship, beautiful music and amazing visuals.

9. Shadow of the vampire- The entire end sequence when Max sucks the girls blood and you realize what he is. John Malkovich's hypnotized stare as he films the entire scene is haunting.

10. Dead man's shoes- The ending scene, one of the saddest and most tragic scenes I have seen in years. Paddy Considine is an amazing actor.

11. This is England- Milky's death, great acting and it is so brutal what happens to the poor guy.

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
seen that i like the most is from not another teen movie- Mitch likes this girl they are at prom he hands her a letter saying something i like u. she says what do u think i am? i'm not some cheap slut that screws every guy that gives me a letter, i give them handjobs. heres the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYLdFbjfmqE there are so many great scenes in that movie.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#3 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I'm in a lighthearted and cheesy mood tonight so I'll have to go with this one from the Rundown where the Rock weighs the decision to use guns in order to save a friend's life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkhXn3LZfho One of the biggest "OH **bleep** yeah!" cheers I've ever heard in a movie theatre when his eyes snap open and the music kicks in.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

It's really hard for me to think of the best movie scenes of the decade.

The scene in The Orphanage where she's knocking on the wall and the ghosts start walking up behind her. I just love the way it was shot.

The scene in Minority Report where Tom Cruise realizes he has to kill that man (It just popped in my head).

The scene where The Joker is hanging out of the moving cop car. It's just amazing.

The dance scene in Slumdog Millionaire.

The scene in Mystic River where Sean Penn is yelling "Is that my daughter in there?!." Such a powerful scene.

The scene in Little Miss Sunshine where Dwayne finds out he's color blind.

The scene in There Will Be Blood when Daniel Day-Lewis is shouting "I've abandoned my boy!" One of the best performances of the decade.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Film-Guy
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]I'm in a lighthearted and cheesy mood tonight so I'll have to go with this one from the Rundown where the Rock weighs the decision to use guns in order to save a friend's life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkhXn3LZfho One of the biggest "OH **bleep** yeah!" cheers I've ever heard in a movie theatre when his eyes snap open and the music kicks in.

The Rundown is the Rock's best film by far. That film is so awesome and badass that everytime it is on I have to watch it. I have seen it countless times.
JackMcSexbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JackMcSexbeard
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts

Werkmesiter Harmonies--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFmu7BYbthY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRBOnJMJQzE&feature=related

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Film-Guy
seen that i like the most is from not another teen movie- Mitch likes this girl they are at prom he hands her a letter saying something i like u. she says what do u think i am? i'm not some cheap slut that screws every guy that gives me a letter, i give them handjobs. heres the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYLdFbjfmqE there are so many great scenes in that movie. iam2green
That reminds me of the movie Wet Hot American Summer, did you see that one?
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Film-Guy

Werkmesiter Harmonies--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFmu7BYbthY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRBOnJMJQzE&feature=related

JackMcSexbeard
Classic film, reminds me of something Tarkovsky might do.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#9 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Here be spoilers 1. Slumdog Millionaire, Salim's redemption to Latika is amazing and the scene where he goes to the Train station to get her while Jamal looks at this changed brother. Powerful stuff. 2. City of God, it's hard to pick a movie but I'd say the whole first sequence with Knockout Ned from his trouble with Lil Ze after the party to his attempted revenge. Or the scene showing all the robberies with the music and the 'exceptions to the rules'...or maybe the end battle in the streets which was shot perfectly. Or just the whole movie. 3. Children of Men end battle scene, shot perfectly.
Hinata237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Hinata237
Member since 2006 • 9416 Posts
The City of God scene was pretty awesome. I also loved the ending scene from Dead Man's Shoes... fantastic stuff. Right now my favorite movie scene that I've seen recently is the ending to 'Death Sentence' with Kevin Bacon.
Avatar image for Cloud_Insurance
Cloud_Insurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cloud_Insurance
Member since 2008 • 3279 Posts
didn't take long for this thread to derail, huh?
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Film-Guy
[QUOTE="Hinata237"]The City of God scene was pretty awesome. I also loved the ending scene from Dead Man's Shoes... fantastic stuff. Right now my favorite movie scene that I've seen recently is the ending to 'Death Sentence' with Kevin Bacon.

Not many people like Death Sentence, I really liked it. Good to see Kevin Bacon in a starring role.
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
LOTR - Gandalf vs. Balrog Gladiator - Are You Not Entertained? There Will Be Blood - Baptism scene, in fact I could name a few from this movie
JackMcSexbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JackMcSexbeard

Mulholland Drive-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW1D9MH4uMY&feature=related

Avatar image for Cloud_Insurance
Cloud_Insurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Cloud_Insurance
Member since 2008 • 3279 Posts

Mulholland Drive-

JackMcSexbeard
that movie is a wet turd
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sajo7
I'm in a lighthearted and cheesy mood tonight so I'll have to go with this one from the Rundown where the Rock weighs the decision to use guns in order to save a friend's life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkhXn3LZfho One of the biggest "OH **bleep** yeah!" cheers I've ever heard in a movie theatre when his eyes snap open and the music kicks in.DJ_Lae
Cheesy doesn't even begin to describe that scene. :lol:
Hinata237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 Hinata237
Member since 2006 • 9416 Posts
[QUOTE="Hinata237"]The City of God scene was pretty awesome. I also loved the ending scene from Dead Man's Shoes... fantastic stuff. Right now my favorite movie scene that I've seen recently is the ending to 'Death Sentence' with Kevin Bacon.Film-Guy
Not many people like Death Sentence, I really liked it. Good to see Kevin Bacon in a starring role.

Same here, I was surprised to hear that it wasn't liked by the majority... It's definitely one of my favorite films.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts
[QUOTE="Hinata237"]The City of God scene was pretty awesome. I also loved the ending scene from Dead Man's Shoes... fantastic stuff. Right now my favorite movie scene that I've seen recently is the ending to 'Death Sentence' with Kevin Bacon.Film-Guy

I have the movie around here somewhere.I should take some time to watch it.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#19 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
The Rundown is the Rock's best film by far. That film is so awesome and badass that everytime it is on I have to watch it. I have seen it countless times. Film-Guy
It's so badass that scene just inspired me to buy the HD-DVD version for $8. I hope it arrives soon so I can revel in the Rock's ass kicking again. I love the throwaway bit at the beginning with Arnold wishing him good luck, too.
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#20 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts
I think at the moment my favorite scene in film,and i cannot get enough of it,is the car chase sequence that is pretty much the second half of Death Proof. Man I love that.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Last scene in Children of Men. I accidently bought fullscreen inside of widescreen ****!
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
Hard to argue with the milkshake scene from There Will Be Blood. Also, the ending to 3:10 to Yuma was brilliant.
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sajo7
Also, the ending to 3:10 to Yuma was brilliant.PBSnipes
I agree. Wish the rest of the movie had been that good.
martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 martialbullet
Member since 2006 • 10948 Posts

The random song and dance scene from the live action City Hunter.

and hey Lto, how do you keep getting such awesome Lara Croft pics?? :o

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Gangs of New York: When Bill The Butcher is wrapped in the American flag beside the bed talking to Amsterdam.

Collateral: The very last scene on the train.

Road to Perdition: Street shoot out in the rain.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts
[QUOTE="martialbullet"]

The random song and dance scene from the live action City Hunter.

and hey Lto, how do you keep getting such awesome Lara Croft pics?? :o

I have a site where I always get them.I'm just a dedicated fan to a lovely videogame character :P
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Film-Guy
[QUOTE="Film-Guy"] The Rundown is the Rock's best film by far. That film is so awesome and badass that everytime it is on I have to watch it. I have seen it countless times. DJ_Lae
It's so badass that scene just inspired me to buy the HD-DVD version for $8. I hope it arrives soon so I can revel in the Rock's ass kicking again. I love the throwaway bit at the beginning with Arnold wishing him good luck, too.

If you think about it that scene was Arnold passing the torch to The Rock.
JackMcSexbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JackMcSexbeard
The Basement Scene in Zodiac
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Film-Guy
The Basement Scene in ZodiacJackMcSexbeard
Great scene, another great scene is the murder at the park in daylight. So chilling how he stabs them.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sammyjenkis898

[QUOTE="JackMcSexbeard"]The Basement Scene in ZodiacFilm-Guy
Great scene, another great scene is the murder at the park in daylight. So chilling how he stabs them.

I completely forgot about that scene. It's such a suspenseful scene. This is the mysic river scene I was talking about ealier. It's from 2:03-3:18.

Wet_Sand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 Wet_Sand
Member since 2007 • 1504 Posts
The Basement Scene in ZodiacJackMcSexbeard
I got so nervous during that part...I was sure that guy was the murderer. Adding to the thread, the dance scene from Napoleon Dynamite.
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Film-Guy
[QUOTE="JackMcSexbeard"]The Basement Scene in ZodiacWet_Sand
I got so nervous during that part...I was sure that guy was the murderer. Adding to the thread, the dance scene from Napoleon Dynamite.

Even though I hate Napoleon dynamite that scene was kinda funny.
JackMcSexbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JackMcSexbeard
[QUOTE="JackMcSexbeard"]

Mulholland Drive-

Cloud_Insurance

that movie is a wet turd

Nah, but you almost convinced me.

JackMcSexbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JackMcSexbeard

[QUOTE="JackMcSexbeard"]The Basement Scene in ZodiacFilm-Guy

Great scene as well. This film seemed to be completly forgotten with all the talk about TWBB and No Country. Pretty unfair, especially since this may be Finchers best work.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sammyjenkis898

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"][QUOTE="JackMcSexbeard"]The Basement Scene in ZodiacJackMcSexbeard

Great scene as well. This film seemed to be completly forgotten with all the talk about TWBB and No Country. Pretty unfair, especially since this may be Finchers best work.

It deserved a best picture nomination. I thought it was the best film of 2007 and without a doubt David Fincher's best work.
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"][QUOTE="JackMcSexbeard"]The Basement Scene in ZodiacJackMcSexbeard

I also loved the scene with the woman and the baby in the car at night. The part where he tells her that before he kills her he is going to throw her baby out the window is so creepy.
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Film-Guy
[QUOTE="JackMcSexbeard"]

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"] Great scene, another great scene is the murder at the park in daylight. So chilling how he stabs them. sammyjenkis898

It deserved a best picture nomination. I thought it was the best film of 2007 and without a doubt David Fincher's best work.

I agree, one of the best films of 2007 by far.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sammyjenkis898
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"][QUOTE="JackMcSexbeard"]

Film-Guy

It's the perfect way to make a serial killer. Speaking of serial killer movies, have you seen Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer? I watched it a week ago. Talk about disturbing..
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Film-Guy
[QUOTE="Film-Guy"][QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"] It deserved a best picture nomination. I thought it was the best film of 2007 and without a doubt David Fincher's best work.sammyjenkis898

It's the perfect way to make a serial killer. Speaking of serial killer movies, have you seen Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer? I watched it a week ago. Talk about disturbing..

Yeah that film was pretty disturbing, good though. I think they did a direct to DVD sequel that was pretty awful.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
in blood diamond, where this little ruf kid says "who are these mf?"
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sammyjenkis898
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"][QUOTE="Film-Guy"] I agree, one of the best films of 2007 by far. Film-Guy

Yeah that film was pretty disturbing, good though. I think they did a direct to DVD sequel that was pretty awful.

Yeah, there was a direct to DVD sequel. I didn't bother with it. I thought the original was brilliant, but extremely disturbing. That scene where they're doing things to the family and the son walks in..
-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#43 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
Hard to remember what movies have been in the past decade, sorry if I'm going back too far.. 28 Days Later - Just the shot that shows the bridge, it's beautiful Children of Men - The warzone scene No Country For Old Men - When Llewelyn is being chased by the Mexicans in the truck, the sky is SO awesome The Matrix - Lobby Scene Memento - Ending where everything's revealed Dark Knight - Interrogation(sp?) Scene, The Joker's laugh is AMAZING American Psycho - Paul Allen's killing. Bateman's dance is so funny can't think of any more right now
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Film-Guy
[QUOTE="Film-Guy"][QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"] It's the perfect way to make a serial killer. Speaking of serial killer movies, have you seen Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer? I watched it a week ago. Talk about disturbing..sammyjenkis898

Yeah, there was a direct to DVD sequel. I didn't bother with it. I thought the original was brilliant, but extremely disturbing. That scene where they're doing things to the family and the son walks in..

yeah it was tough to watch at times, really underrated film. I read somewhere that Roger Ebert thinks it is a better film than Silence of the lambs.
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Film-Guy
in blood diamond, where this little ruf kid says "who are these mf?"funsohng
Speaking of blood diamond, I saw the directors recent film Defiance recently. Pretty good film though it was a bit cheesy and cliche.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sammyjenkis898
[QUOTE="Film-Guy"][QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"][QUOTE="Film-Guy"] Yeah that film was pretty disturbing, good though. I think they did a direct to DVD sequel that was pretty awful.

yeah it was tough to watch at times, really underrated film. I read somewhere that Roger Ebert thinks it is a better film than Silence of the lambs.

Yeah, I read that interview. They're not really comparable. I didn't expect for.. [spoiler] The blonde girl to die. It was nice that they didn't show it though. You could just barely hear her scream mixed in with the synth music [/spoiler]
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sammyjenkis898
[QUOTE="funsohng"]in blood diamond, where this little ruf kid says "who are these mf?"Film-Guy
Speaking of blood diamond, I saw the directors recent film Defiance recently. Pretty good film though it was a bit cheesy and cliche.

I think his best film is The Last Samurai.
Tim_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 Tim_Q
Member since 2005 • 1963 Posts

Good will Hunting when Will tells Lyla he doesn't love her and breaks up with her. Gets me everytime I feel so bad for her :(

Also in Good will Hunting when Chuckie tells Will how everytime he goes to the doorstep there's a period where he wishes he'd be gone without a trace

Amazing movie. Second favorite of all time. Watched it COUNTLESS times. :)

gobo212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gobo212
Member since 2003 • 6277 Posts

Good will Hunting when Will tells Lyla he doesn't love her and breaks up with her. Gets me everytime I feel so bad for her :(

Also in Good will Hunting when Chuckie tells Will how everytime he goes to the doorstep there's a period where he wishes he'd be gone without a trace

Amazing movie. Second favorite of all time. Watched it COUNTLESS times. :)

Tim_Q
That came out in '97.
JackMcSexbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JackMcSexbeard

wall-e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsQFuesfaoI