Battle of the Titans:Shaun of the Dead VS Zombieland!

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

So,which one do you prefer.
Having seen both now.
Shaun of the dead about 38 times and Zombieland 7 times(just got the movie).
I still think Shaun wins.Zombieland was a fun movie and Woody was hilarious.(Thank God for Rednecks!)..I still gotta give Shaun of the Dead more credit.

akuma_od3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 akuma_od3
Member since 2009 • 583 Posts

Shaun of the Dead obviously...

Zombieland was just another typical Hollywood movie. It was OK at best. Shaun of the Dead has some of the funniest lines I have ever heard in film.

walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 walkingdream
Member since 2009 • 4883 Posts
Shaun of the dead....easily Zombieland wasn't bad....just wasn't in the same level as Shaun of the dead
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
I still haven't seen Zombieland. Having said that, I seriously doubt it would top Shaun of the Dead.
clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts
Shaun of the Dead WAS. NOT. FUNNY. It sucked. Zombieland was hilarious.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts
[QUOTE="clayron"]Shaun of the Dead WAS. NOT. FUNNY. It sucked.

Well,that is quite weird.Never heard that before.Why didn't you like it?
HitomiChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HitomiChan
Member since 2009 • 15305 Posts

i guess i liked Zombieland better.

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sajedene
Member since 2004 • 13718 Posts
Shaun of the Dead definitely! The only thing I thought was funny with Zombieland was the beginning with the rules.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

I like Shaun of the Dead, but then again I haven't seen Zombieland so I'm more than a bit biased.

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 clayron
[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"][QUOTE="clayron"]Shaun of the Dead WAS. NOT. FUNNY. It sucked.

Well,that is quite weird.Never heard that before.Why didn't you like it?

I have sat through the movie twice and not enjoyed most of it.
Avatar image for HAMMER_N_SICKLE
HAMMER_N_SICKLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HAMMER_N_SICKLE
Member since 2009 • 96 Posts

Ima go with Shaun of the Dead as well, but zombieland was still an alright movie.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#12 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Shaun of the Dead (the first half at least) is a really funny SATIRE about British life. Zombieland is funny in parts too but its humour is obvious and it doesn't help that it came after Shaun of the Dead either.
mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 mattisgod01
Member since 2005 • 3476 Posts

Shaun of the Dead had a far better plot, it was actually believable. If there was a zombie apocalypse that is probably exactly how i'd react. Get to the pub and wait it out.

luamhtrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 luamhtrad
Member since 2003 • 1997 Posts

Bill Murray = Zombieland: 1, Shaun of the Dead: 0

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

even though i havn't seen Zombielan i would still vote for SotD

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Serraph105

Shaun of the Dead had a far better plot, it was actually believable. If there was a zombie apocalypse that is probably exactly how i'd react. Get to the pub and wait it out.

mattisgod01
even though nearly all of them died? All I learned from that movie was not to go to a pub/bar when the zombie apocalypse happens. Though quite frankly when that happens I intend to get out of town before the government inevitably nukes the place.
clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 clayron

[QUOTE="clayron"]Shaun of the Dead WAS. NOT. FUNNY. It sucked. Zombieland was hilarious.akuma_od3

Wow. You just embarassed yourself in front of the entire thread. If you honestly thought Zombieland was "hilarious" and Shaun of the Dead was "not funny", then you clearly have no idea (or are simply American).

Embarrassed myself? Why? Because I did not like a movie? Are you kidding? Or are you an idiot who believes all people must have similar taste in movies? I did not like Shaun of the Dead, and I did like Zombieland. That is kind of the long and short of it.
akuma_od3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 akuma_od3

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

Serraph105

even though nearly all of them died? All I learned from that movie was not to go to a pub/bar when the zombie apocalypse happens. Though quite frankly when that happens I intend to get out of town before the government inevitably nukes the place.

You should read "The Zombie Survival Guide". Best place to go when the apocolypse happens is in fact....a prison. Think about it. It has guns and it is a fortress.

Worst place to go would be a hospital. Thats where it will all begin...

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Serraph105

[QUOTE="Serraph105"][QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

akuma_od3

You should read "The Zombie Survival Guide". Best place to go when the apocolypse happens is in fact....a prison. Think about it. It has guns and it is a fortress.

Worst place to go would be a hospital. Thats where it will all begin...

nukes blows up prisons also
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
[QUOTE="Sajedene"]Shaun of the Dead definitely! The only thing I thought was funny with Zombieland was the beginning with the rules.

WHAT!?!?! You're crazy! That Bill Muary scene was funny :cry:
akuma_od3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 akuma_od3

[QUOTE="akuma_od3"]

[QUOTE="clayron"]Shaun of the Dead WAS. NOT. FUNNY. It sucked. Zombieland was hilarious.clayron

Wow. You just embarassed yourself in front of the entire thread. If you honestly thought Zombieland was "hilarious" and Shaun of the Dead was "not funny", then you clearly have no idea (or are simply American).

Embarrassed myself? Why? Because I did not like a movie? Are you kidding? Or are you an idiot who believes all people must have similar taste in movies? I did not like Shaun of the Dead, and I did like Zombieland. That is kind of the long and short of it.

You embarrassed yourself because you said "it sucked". Its obvious that the only people who would say it sucked, are people who didnt understand the humour (which was WAY smarter than Zombielame). If you didnt like it, it is simply because you didn't understand it, and thats a crying shame.

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sajedene
[QUOTE="MrLions"][QUOTE="Sajedene"]Shaun of the Dead definitely! The only thing I thought was funny with Zombieland was the beginning with the rules.

Zombieland did everything wrong in regards to trying to survive a zombie invasion. They basically set up rules and threw everything out the window after. Who goes to a carnival and turns everything on to alert the zombie horde? Who rides the drop zone or enters the fun house? I don't care for the excuse "oh so she can feel like a kid again" zombies are everywhere! And Bill Murray deserved what he got. Who puts on a friggin zombie get up and plays a practical joke on people with guns? At least with Shaun of the Dead, going to the pub, the reasoning behind it was shallow, they were secure and armed and had no established rules and were all clueless to begin with.
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts
I liked zombieland better.
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MrLions
[QUOTE="Sajedene"][QUOTE="MrLions"][QUOTE="Sajedene"]Shaun of the Dead definitely! The only thing I thought was funny with Zombieland was the beginning with the rules.

Zombieland did everything wrong in regards to trying to survive a zombie invasion. They basically set up rules and threw everything out the window after. Who goes to a carnival and turns everything on to alert the zombie horde? Who rides the drop zone or enters the fun house? I don't care for the excuse "oh so she can feel like a kid again" zombies are everywhere! And Bill Murray deserved what he got. Who puts on a friggin zombie get up and plays a practical joke on people with guns? At least with Shaun of the Dead, going to the pub, the reasoning behind it was shallow, they were secure and armed and had no established rules and were all clueless to begin with.

I agree with you on everything yeah it basically defeated the purpose of the rules when they all broke them. But comon you must of chuckled when you saw Bill Muary! :P
Avatar image for nightmareticket
nightmareticket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nightmareticket
Member since 2008 • 115 Posts

I voted shaun of the dead =p

That movie's gold

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sajedene
[QUOTE="MrLions"][QUOTE="Sajedene"][QUOTE="MrLions"] WHAT!?!?! You're crazy! That Bill Muary scene was funny :cry:

I agree with you on everything yeah it basically defeated the purpose of the rules when they all broke them. But comon you must of chuckled when you saw Bill Muary! :P

No I didn't. :| He deserved what he got. And why didn't they just cast Michael Cera? The guy was practically him. The only good thing about this movie was Woody - playing himself as always.
clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 clayron

[QUOTE="clayron"][QUOTE="akuma_od3"]

akuma_od3

You embarrassed yourself because you said "it sucked". Its obvious that the only people who would say it sucked, are people who didnt understand the humour (which was WAY smarter than Zombielame). If you didnt like it, it is simply because you didn't understand it, and thats a crying shame.

Please explain to me how any of that is obvious. I got the humor, there were parts I chuckled, but I really did not enjoy. How about you get off that pedestal bud.
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MrLions
[QUOTE="Sajedene"] No I didn't. :| He deserved what he got. And why didn't they just cast Michael Cera? The guy was practically him. The only good thing about this movie was Woody - playing himself as always.

Cause Micheal Cera isnt Bill Muary. :( :cry: I hope you are happy for making a 17 year old man cry tonight.
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

Zombieland had action over comedy, although it has several humerous moments I only laughed out loud at one moment (when he gets on the bike and falls off :lol: ). Shaun of the Dead put comedy over action.

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 mattisgod01
Member since 2005 • 3476 Posts

[QUOTE="MrLions"][QUOTE="Sajedene"]Shaun of the Dead definitely! The only thing I thought was funny with Zombieland was the beginning with the rules.Sajedene

Everything they did in Shawn of the Dead was carefully planned out, the plan may have been flawed but it was still a plan. Also i thought the Bill Murray part was out of place, it felt like they only added him to the movie to get cheap laughs. Like when you see in TV shows or movies a random celebrity playing themselves walks into the scene for a 10 second cameo appearance, they serve no purpose to anything so i always hate when they do it.

akuma_od3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 akuma_od3

[QUOTE="akuma_od3"]

[QUOTE="clayron"] Embarrassed myself? Why? Because I did not like a movie? Are you kidding? Or are you an idiot who believes all people must have similar taste in movies? I did not like Shaun of the Dead, and I did like Zombieland. That is kind of the long and short of it.clayron

Please explain to me how any of that is obvious. I got the humor, there were parts I chuckled, but I really did not enjoy. How about you get off that pedestal bud.

Nah. You didn't get it. I guess you have to have lived in London or the UK at least to get most of it. Its not your fault, but you didnt get it.

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sajedene
[QUOTE="MrLions"][QUOTE="Sajedene"] No I didn't. :| He deserved what he got. And why didn't they just cast Michael Cera? The guy was practically him. The only good thing about this movie was Woody - playing himself as always.

Cause Micheal Cera isnt Bill Muary. :( :cry: I hope you are happy for making a 17 year old man cry tonight.

I know he isn't. I'm talking about the lead guy (Columbus) - he was playing Michael Cera. Woody was playing himself. And Bill Murray played the bumbling washed up fool. Don't cry. Its just my opinion.
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DigitalExile

I know he isn't. I'm talking about the lead guy (Columbus) - he was playing Michael Cera. Woody was playing himself. And Bill Murray played the bumbling washed up fool. Don't cry. Its just my opinion.Sajedene
It took me until about halfway through the movie before I realised it wasn't Michael Cera, lmao.

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 clayron

akuma_od3

Nah. You didn't get it. I guess you have to have lived in London or the UK at least to get most of it. Its not your fault, but you didnt get it.

:lol: You're a joke.
Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sajedene

[QUOTE="Sajedene"][QUOTE="MrLions"] WHAT!?!?! You're crazy! That Bill Muary scene was funny :cry:mattisgod01

Everything they did in Shawn of the Dead was carefully planned out, the plan may have been flawed but it was still a plan. Also i thought the Bill Murray part was out of place, it felt like they only added him to the movie to get cheap laughs. Like when you see in TV shows or movies a random celebrity playing themselves walks into the scene for a 10 second cameo appearance, they serve no purpose to anything so i always hate when they do it.

Absolutely. Thats why they had all the plan-montages. It never really went according to plan though. But they stuck to the plan nonetheless. And yes, a useless, pointless, facepalm-worthy cameo.
akuma_od3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 akuma_od3

[QUOTE="akuma_od3"]

[QUOTE="clayron"] Please explain to me how any of that is obvious. I got the humor, there were parts I chuckled, but I really did not enjoy. How about you get off that pedestal bud.clayron

Sure. You're the one who thought Shaun of the Dead "sucked". Go back to watching Gladiators or whatever it is you Americans find entertaining.

luamhtrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 luamhtrad
Member since 2003 • 1997 Posts

[QUOTE="akuma_od3"]Nah. You didn't get it. I guess you have to have lived in London or the UK at least to get most of it. Its not your fault, but you didnt get it.clayron

I bet he's just livid that we have a BBC America channel.

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sajedene

[QUOTE="Sajedene"]I know he isn't. I'm talking about the lead guy (Columbus) - he was playing Michael Cera. Woody was playing himself. And Bill Murray played the bumbling washed up fool. Don't cry. Its just my opinion.DigitalExile

It took me until about halfway through the movie before I realised it wasn't Michael Cera, lmao.

:lol: nice. It really felt like it was him or he was playing to be him. And thats not a smart move since Michael Cera only plays one type of character to begin with.
clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 clayron

akuma_od3

Sure. You're the one who thought Shaun of the Dead "sucked". Go back to watching Gladiators or whatever it is you Americans find entertaining.

Are you really that ignorant?
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DigitalExile

[QUOTE="akuma_od3"]

clayron

I'm with clayron on this. While I thought Shaun of the Dead was way funnier, akuma, your argument is just ridiculous. clayron didn't like it, that doesn't mean he didn't "get" it. He just didn't like it. Personal opinion > your argument, not that your argument is strong anyway.

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sajedene

akuma_od3

What's with the American bashing? You are aware that plenty on this thread consider Shaun to be a better movie and are American, right?
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MrLions

akuma_od3

You mean 300......gosh get it right! :P
spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

ahhhh i cant choose i loved both of them

but ill go with Shaun of the Dead

Jackboot343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jackboot343
Member since 2007 • 2574 Posts

I enjoyed both immensely, but Shaun of the Dead is the clear victor.

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DigitalExile

I enjoyed both immensely, but Shaun of the Dead is the clear victor.

Jackboot343

I love salad fingers. :D

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

Shaun of the dead by far. Zombieland is fun and Woody Harrelson is great in it, but the film was very dull and bland for the most part. Zombie movies have been done to death by now and Zombieland didnt have much that made it stand out other than Harrelson. Shaun of the dead however was much better in every way. It was much better written and was much funnier than zombieland too. I got all of the little British cultural references, and that humor just appeals to me much more. It is just a better film to me. Some may not like how it turned serious later on, but I think that the transition was done very well.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Zombieland was good, but Shaun of the Dead seems pretty much insurmountable in the zombie comedy department.

Emraldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Emraldo
Member since 2004 • 1959 Posts

Titan? Zombieland? Hardly.

Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts