• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

not_wanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 not_wanted
Member since 2008 • 1990 Posts

Wow all this hype for this? :? I'm not impressed by this trailer. Is it just me or does some of the CGI look like it's made for a video game and not a movie?:?

Still going to see it though.

LiftedHeadshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LiftedHeadshot
Member since 2009 • 2460 Posts

Wow all this hype for this? :? I'm not impressed by this trailer. Is it just me or does some of the CGI look like it's made for a video game and not a movie?:?

not_wanted
Aang looks like a fool. Ew @ movie. Show's still good.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

[QUOTE="not_wanted"]

LiftedHeadshot

It amazes me how people say something without actually clicking and viewing the links. This is for Avatar, NOT Avatar: The Last Airbender.

As for the trailer, I thought the CGI looked pretty good.

AnObscureName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 AnObscureName
Member since 2008 • 2069 Posts
I think it looks good.
Crimtmp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Crimtmp
Member since 2006 • 2432 Posts

Been waiting for the trailer FOREVER will view on my lunch break, I can not wait to see it in theaters the 3D is supposed to be SO epic.

mayforcebeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mayforcebeyou
Member since 2007 • 2703 Posts
so the the guy turns into the alien and the aliens are protecting the jungle?
LiftedHeadshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LiftedHeadshot

[QUOTE="LiftedHeadshot"][QUOTE="not_wanted"]

Legendaryscmt

It amazes me how people say something without actually clicking and viewing the links. This is for Avatar, NOT Avatar: The Last Airbender.

What? I saw the trailer already in theaters when i went to see Transformers 2. That's Aang, he's the last airbender, and the Fire Nation is out to get him.... sounds like Avatar to me.
muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 muffincakes87
Member since 2008 • 3913 Posts

[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

[QUOTE="LiftedHeadshot"] Aang looks like a fool. Ew @ movie. Show's still good.LiftedHeadshot

What? I saw the trailer already in theaters when i went to see Transformers 2. That's Aang, he's the last airbender, and the Fire Nation is out to get him.... sounds like Avatar to me.

Lolz.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

[QUOTE="LiftedHeadshot"] Aang looks like a fool. Ew @ movie. Show's still good.LiftedHeadshot

Wow...just wow...just do us all a favor and click TC's link...

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts

I thought it looked pretty good. Nothing wrong with the CGI IMO. Anyway, who could say no to another sci-fi actioner from James Cameron? No one with any sense.

What? I saw the trailer already in theaters when i went to see Transformers 2. That's Aang, he's the last airbender, and the Fire Nation is out to get him.... sounds like Avatar to me.LiftedHeadshot

If serious, then wow. This is a trailer for Avatar, James Cameron's new movie, and NOT The Last Airbender...

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
The CGI looks too uniform and clean. Also the earthy folk battling the tech heavy folk is a tired theme I could really do without.
Kamekazi_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kamekazi_69
Member since 2006 • 4704 Posts
The CGI looks too uniform and clean. Also the earthy folk battling the tech heavy folk is a tired theme I could really do without.duxup
Think of it this Way. At least Micheal Bay doesn't show up on the Credits when CGI is a core element in a movie :)
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
that trailer almost gives away the movie if it's like how i think it'll turn out. also reminds me of play as a nightelf hehe
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
[QUOTE="duxup"]The CGI looks too uniform and clean. Also the earthy folk battling the tech heavy folk is a tired theme I could really do without.Kamekazi_69
Think of it this Way. At least Micheal Bay doesn't show up on the Credits when CGI is a core element in a movie :)

Yeah but I saw some helicopter like devices and there's a good chance that they'll be flying around a sunset and that is too close for comfort to Bay for me.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
The CGI looks too uniform and clean. Also the earthy folk battling the tech heavy folk is a tired theme I could really do without.duxup
yep and some dude gets to get into the body of one of the "elves" for intel i guess. I'm sure he gets to understand them better and falls in love with one and tries to stop the conflict at some point. that or he'll try to help them fight.
Crimtmp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Crimtmp

[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

Literally lol'in

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

You know, when the guy on the wheelchair came out of the ship, I got a real "Matrix: Revolutions" vibe. Especially considering the big battle robot/suit/thing behind him, which looked a lot like the battle things they used in Matrix.

Movie looks pretty, but I still don't see the justification for all the hype. Still, at least we finally have a trailer and some idea of what's going to go on in this movie.

yang_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 yang_fox
Member since 2007 • 1579 Posts

the trailer background music is kind annoying. BTW, looks good!

LiftedHeadshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LiftedHeadshot

[QUOTE="LiftedHeadshot"][QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

Crimtmp

NEVER!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!! I WILL NEVER CLICK THE LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE LAST AIRBENDER!!!!!
yang_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 yang_fox
Member since 2007 • 1579 Posts
[QUOTE="Crimtmp"]

[QUOTE="LiftedHeadshot"] What? I saw the trailer already in theaters when i went to see Transformers 2. That's Aang, he's the last airbender, and the Fire Nation is out to get him.... sounds like Avatar to me.LiftedHeadshot

NEVER!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!! I WILL NEVER CLICK THE LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE LAST AIRBENDER!!!!!

just click the link!
LiftedHeadshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LiftedHeadshot

[QUOTE="LiftedHeadshot"][QUOTE="Crimtmp"]

yang_fox

just click the link!

nevar evar

Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 Chiddaling
Member since 2008 • 9106 Posts

[QUOTE="yang_fox"][QUOTE="LiftedHeadshot"] NEVER!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!! I WILL NEVER CLICK THE LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE LAST AIRBENDER!!!!! LiftedHeadshot

just click the link!

nevar evar

Lmao. Trailer is ****ing amazing. Can't wait to see footage. :) I don't see what you guys were expecting, It IS a teaser trailer. First see the IMAX 3D footage, then come back to GS.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
All it needs are some green suits and I'd think it was Halo. I guess it looks pretty, but I have no idea how they plan on making back their budget.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

not_wanted

I mean, it looks good, but nothing really special. Some of the action sequences look like they could kick serious ass, though.

Anyway, am I the only one a little sick of anthromorphic aliens? You know, aliens that look just like humans except for maybe being a little bit more blue.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

At least Micheal Bay doesn't show up on the Credits when CGI is a core element in a movie :) Kamekazi_69

Right. Because a Transformers movie without CGI would have been fantastic. :roll:

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

Looks pretty, but that is pretty much it. I dont see what is so special about this, james cameron is overrated anyway. When is the last time he made anything good?

Crimtmp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Crimtmp

[QUOTE="Kamekazi_69"]At least Micheal Bay doesn't show up on the Credits when CGI is a core element in a movie :) LikeHaterade

Right. Because a Transformers movie without CGI would have been fantastic. :roll:

Transformers without Transformers would have been fantastic.

Crimtmp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Crimtmp

Looks pretty, but that is pretty much it. I dont see what is so special about this, james cameron is overrated anyway. When is the last time he made anything good?

Film-Guy

Titanic? T2? Aliens? The Abyss? lol

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

Crimtmp

Titanic was average, T2 was ok, and the abyss was pretty good until the ending with its stupid moral messages and then it became cheesy, and Aliens was good but that came out in the freaking 80s, that means his last really good film was in the 80s. his last film that was vaguely interesting was in 1997, and he tends to put in cheesy moral messages in his films, with that mind I care even less about Avatar. I will still see it, but I am not very excited. Heck his only really good film is Aliens, that is it. Why should I care about him as a director?

Bloodaxe726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bloodaxe726
Member since 2007 • 7903 Posts

Looked pretty good, don't think it'll top District 9 as my favorite Sci-Fi movie of the year though.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58340 Posts

excessive CGI + live action is usually a bad call in my books, but this looks pretty damn sweet.

Wish I had an imax where I live

joesh89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 308

#34 joesh89
Member since 2008 • 8489 Posts

Wow... use much CGI Cameron ? :roll:

maingon2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 maingon2004
Member since 2005 • 551 Posts

[QUOTE="Crimtmp"]

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

Film-Guy

Titanic was average, T2 was ok, and the abyss was pretty good until the ending with its stupid moral messages and then it became cheesy, and Aliens was good but that came out in the freaking 80s, that means his last really good film was in the 80s. his last film that was vaguely interesting was in 1997, and he tends to put in cheesy moral messages in his films, with that mind I care even less about Avatar. I will still see it, but I am not very excited. Heck his only really good film is Aliens, that is it. Why should I care about him as a director?

Terminator 2 only ok? its a freaking classic one of the best action films ever made so is Aliens. and "his last really good film was in the 80s" well he doesnt really make many movies, this is his first real film since Titanic, and what cheesy morals were in Aliens or Titantic, or T2?

Anyways the trailer looks amazing.

Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Chiddaling

[QUOTE="Crimtmp"]

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

Film-Guy

Terminator 2 had some of the best CGI in its time. It came out in 1990 I believe, and the CGI was amazing. Saying Titanic is average is only your opinion. You've only seen a TEASER trailer for a movie, what did you expect? Come back tomorrow after seeing IMAX 3D footage, then tell us.
Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Chiddaling

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

[QUOTE="Crimtmp"]Titanic? T2? Aliens? The Abyss? lol

maingon2004

Terminator 2 only ok? its a freaking classic one of the best action films ever made so is Aliens. and "his last really good film was in the 80s" well he doesnt really make many movies, this is his first real film since Titanic, and what cheesy morals were in Aliens or Titantic, or T2?

Totally agreed with you, I loved T2. It was my fav Terminator. And Avatar will be amazing.
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

Chiddaling

Terminator 2 had some of the best CGI in its time. It came out in 1990 I believe, and the CGI was amazing. Saying Titanic is average is only your opinion. You've only seen a TEASER trailer for a movie, what did you expect? Come back tomorrow after seeing IMAX 3D footage, then tell us.

Of course its only my opinion, its my opinion that Avatar does not look interesting. I dont care how amazing it looks, sure it is impressive tecnically but I think a movie needs more than special effects to be good.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

maingon2004

I will cut T2 some slack since that series never made much sense to begin with, but I still dont love T2. it was an enjoyable action film with great effects, but that still doesnt get me that excited for avatar. Titanic and Aliens didnt have cheesy morals, but Titanic had plenty of cheese and melodrama. I still think Aliens is his only really excellent film, the rest are pretty good but i think someone like Peter Jackson is a better director overall even though he does plenty of cheese too.

Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts

I prefer this trailer.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Film-Guy

Maybe its just me, but I think to hype a film based mostly around how amazing the effects look is a bad idea. People are bound to be dissapointed with the actual film once they get past the effects.

Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Chiddaling

I prefer this trailer.

Nerd_Man
I've lost respect in you...:(
Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Chiddaling

Maybe its just me, but I think to hype a film based mostly around how amazing the effects look is a bad idea. People are bound to be dissapointed with the actual film once they get past the effects.

Film-Guy
Steven Spielberg and other directors and fans at comic con say otherwise :/ From what i've heard, there hasn't been a single negative nor bad reaction from the film. Now don't ask for proof, search avatar on gamespot ot, one of the threads have it >.>
Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts

[QUOTE="Nerd_Man"]

I prefer this trailer.

Chiddaling

I've lost respect in you...:(

Oh-oh, wipe those tears. I was only joking.

But in all seriousness, I am not interested in this Avatar movie, and this trailer doesn't really change my thoughts over it.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

Chiddaling

Steven Spielberg and other directors and fans at comic con say otherwise :/ From what i've heard, there hasn't been a single negative nor bad reaction from the film. Now don't ask for proof, search avatar on gamespot ot, one of the threads have it >.>

I've actually heard several people at comic con that were disappointed, which is surprising because they go insane over anything, really.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

Chiddaling

I dont care about Steven Spielburg or what some other random directors think, I have seen most of the videos and pictures of the film and I have read about it and it doesnt sound very amazing. it could be good, but I think it is getting too much hype for mostly effects.

Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts

That looks a bit crap to be honest.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

it looked like CG movie, if Pixar would ever make an adult movie that's how it would look like.

och..and XXth century wheelchair? ridiculous.

Still looked great though and it will be jaw dropping to see in cinema

Avatar image for dan-rofl-copter
dan-rofl-copter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49 dan-rofl-copter
Member since 2008 • 2702 Posts

I am not hyped for it, doesn't appeal to me that much and I don't follow/watch the show.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

I am not hyped for it, doesn't appeal to me that much and I don't follow/watch the show.

dan-rofl-copter
This isn't Avatar: The Last Airbender. This is a completely different project.