Australian actors are rocking Hollywood

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

[QUOTE="kraychik"] The arts don't need "funding" from the government. The arts need to be appealing enough to a sufficient amount of people in order to be sustainable. If you can't get a voluntary audience and require government funds to stay afloat, you probably don't have a good product.kraychik

A good product? Sounds more like a popularity contest. Justin Bieber would obviously beat out Mozart any day of the week in popularity, but who exactly is the genius here?

Not really, Mozart's works have certainly generated far more wealth than any Justin Bieber products. It's not my fault that you're ignorant of philharmonic performances that cost hundred of dollars to see that sell out consistently. And that's to say nothing of other ways in which Mozart is monetized. Either way, if a product is popular and sells, a la Justin Bieber, who are you to say that this shouldn't be the case? You're not-so-subtly advancing this elitist position where you think superior bureaucrats should decide for us where our money goes with respect to the arts, because ordinary folks just aren't smart enough to support the right stuff - we need super-duper-smart people like you staffing these arts endowment projects which fund unpopular (but higher-quality) with our tax dollars that regular folks like myself just aren't sophisticated enough to appreciate. Please sir, guide me.

My, the sarcasm is strong with this one. Surely you have some links to provide, no? When you have folks like Justin Bieber singing the same lyrics over and over again in a four minute song as opposed to Mozart with his compositional genius at work, then yea, I begin to wonder. Where do you think expressions like "average joe" and "dumbing down" came from? Enlighten me. Regardless of all this, why should something die just because it isn't popular with the masses but has had clearly more thought, effort, and genius put into it? Since you are evidently so clued up, I beg of you, enlighten me!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#52 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Heath Ledger isnt rocking anything but topsoil.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#53 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Because our country is f*cking awesome.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

it's way better than the trend a few years ago of french movie stars being in everything .

once i was watching a movie and was shocked by the full frontal nudity in it and was complaining to my buddy and he said it was not in fact nudity but gerard depardieu's face.

kraychik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 kraychik
Member since 2009 • 2433 Posts

[QUOTE="kraychik"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]A good product? Sounds more like a popularity contest. Justin Bieber would obviously beat out Mozart any day of the week in popularity, but who exactly is the genius here?

Hexagon_777

Not really, Mozart's works have certainly generated far more wealth than any Justin Bieber products. It's not my fault that you're ignorant of philharmonic performances that cost hundred of dollars to see that sell out consistently. And that's to say nothing of other ways in which Mozart is monetized. Either way, if a product is popular and sells, a la Justin Bieber, who are you to say that this shouldn't be the case? You're not-so-subtly advancing this elitist position where you think superior bureaucrats should decide for us where our money goes with respect to the arts, because ordinary folks just aren't smart enough to support the right stuff - we need super-duper-smart people like you staffing these arts endowment projects which fund unpopular (but higher-quality) with our tax dollars that regular folks like myself just aren't sophisticated enough to appreciate. Please sir, guide me.

My, the sarcasm is strong with this one. Surely you have some links to provide, no? When you have folks like Justin Bieber singing the same lyrics over and over again in a four minute song as opposed to Mozart with his compositional genius at work, then yea, I begin to wonder. Where do you think expressions like "average joe" and "dumbing down" came from? Enlighten me. Regardless of all this, why should something die just because it isn't popular with the masses but has had clearly more thought, effort, and genius put into it? Since you are evidently so clued up, I beg of you, enlighten me!

In other words, you recognize that I've accurately characterized you as a ridiculous holier-than-thou type that supports government-funding for arts projects that the ignorant masses are just too dumb to appreciate. You believe in having unelected bureaucracies deciding for the public where our money is spent towards the arts because freely-associating people just aren't smart enough to know what's best for them by spending it in the right places. Nevermind the fact that the music of Mozart and other classical composers is alive and well. Typical leftism.

AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#56 AussieePet
Member since 2010 • 11424 Posts
hugh jackman is the best one
lancelot200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 lancelot200
Member since 2005 • 61977 Posts
Mel Gibson is not Australian...
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
Hollywood use to recruit australian actor because they are cheap labour....... and now everything changes
arad96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59 arad96
Member since 2009 • 7783 Posts

It's because Australians have sexy accents.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 hippiesanta

arad96
assie accent is a brash/trash version of british accent
cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts
[QUOTE="arad96"]

hippiesanta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRQijskAMp4
GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#62 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

New Zealand's Russell Crowe beats them all, kickin Australia's ass round the world

TheFallenDemon
Well, he was born in NZ, but holds Australian citizenship, and is described as an Australian actor by some. :( [spoiler] Traitor? :P [/spoiler]
sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 sonofsmeagle
Member since 2010 • 4317 Posts

New Zealand's Russell Crowe beats them all, kickin Australia's ass round the world

TheFallenDemon
oh please hes about as kiwi as ACDC is scottish,
cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 cheese_game619

[QUOTE="cheese_game619"]was that a punIszdope

Was that a question?

I got a bad feeling it was.

i dont think it can be read any other way
cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 cheese_game619
wizard
Pikachu69er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Pikachu69er
Member since 2012 • 1381 Posts

TheFallenDemon

Sheep

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

[QUOTE="lancelot200"]Mel Gibson is not Australian...Iszdope

Can't you just type "that guy" or something?

You don't like him very much, don't you? What you hate about him ? his acting or direction?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 indzman

[QUOTE="lancelot200"]Mel Gibson is not Australian...Iszdope

You don't like him very much, don't you? What you hate about him ? his acting or direction?

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 seahorse123
Member since 2012 • 1237 Posts

I was just reading stuff , WOW ! Lots of good actors from australia are rocking HOLLYWOOD movie industry

Heath Ledger ( R.I.P)

Chris Hemsworth

Sam Worthington

Mel Gibson

Hugh Jackman

Hugo Weaving

Simon Baker

Eric Bana

Guy Pearce

Geoffrey Rush

Actresses

Nicole Kidman

Naomi Watts

Kylie Minouge

Seems Australian actors are quite talented and rocking Hollywood movie industry.

Thoughts OT?

indzman
I like Australians...
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 indzman

[QUOTE="indzman"]

[QUOTE="Iszdope"]

Iszdope

Racist.

Couple other things I ain't touchin'.

He is racist? i didn't knew that. What's he done ?

rogen_gigren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 rogen_gigren
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
racists tell it like it is dats all
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 indzman

[QUOTE="indzman"]

[QUOTE="Iszdope"]

Racist.

Couple other things I ain't touchin'.

Iszdope

He is racist? i didn't knew that. What's he done ?

Not going there.

np!

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 indzman

Don't know what that means.

Iszdope

np means no problem

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 hippiesanta
[QUOTE="hippiesanta"][QUOTE="arad96"]

cheese_game619

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRQijskAMp4

someone never been to australia... or even touch an aeroplane.. hehehe
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

[QUOTE="kraychik"] Not really, Mozart's works have certainly generated far more wealth than any Justin Bieber products. It's not my fault that you're ignorant of philharmonic performances that cost hundred of dollars to see that sell out consistently. And that's to say nothing of other ways in which Mozart is monetized. Either way, if a product is popular and sells, a la Justin Bieber, who are you to say that this shouldn't be the case? You're not-so-subtly advancing this elitist position where you think superior bureaucrats should decide for us where our money goes with respect to the arts, because ordinary folks just aren't smart enough to support the right stuff - we need super-duper-smart people like you staffing these arts endowment projects which fund unpopular (but higher-quality) with our tax dollars that regular folks like myself just aren't sophisticated enough to appreciate. Please sir, guide me. kraychik

In other words, you recognize that I've accurately characterized you as a ridiculous holier-than-thou type that supports government-funding for arts projects that the ignorant masses are just too dumb to appreciate. You believe in having unelected bureaucracies deciding for the public where our money is spent towards the arts because freely-associating people just aren't smart enough to know what's best for them by spending it in the right places. Nevermind the fact that the music of Mozart and other classical composers is alive and well. Typical leftism.

I feel bad for encouraging you to take this more seriously than it actually is. Where are the links anyway? You haven't answered my question either. I still do not feel enlightened. Boooo.