At 27 years old, I still don't care about a relationship, isn't that weird?

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

Alright, so I find it extremely odd that I'm not a person that gets attached to people. The mere fact of having someone with me at all times just makes me annoyed. I've had sex with way too many people to count (70+) but I never wanted anything with them, which at times makes me think I'm using them for my sexual desires, but that's about it.

I've been waiting for "the right person" to come along, but everytime I go out on a date, just went out 4 days ago, and I just again, was feeling sexually aroused but not emotionally.

Is anyone else the same?

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#2 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I feel somewhat similarly, and I'm also 27.

I know people who need to be in a committed relationship otherwise they just fall apart. I'm perfectly happy being single, and would definitely rather be single than in a relationship with someone I don't have a deep connection with. I've known a few girls who I felt I had that connection with but long term relationships didn't pan out for various reasons.

I'm kinda an odd guy and I need to find the right kind of odd girl to get me and put up with my sometimes strange behaviour. Until then, i'm content with being single. I've lived with people I don't get along with super well and its just a bad experience for everyone.

it sounds like you are doing the right thing going on dates with different people. Hopefully one day you'll find someone you can really connect with on a emotional level. As long as you are OK with your situation, it doesn't really matter what other people think.

I suspect as I get older, my priorities might shift, and I might be more willing to compromise in finding the ideal partner for companionship, but i'm not at that point yet and it doesn't sound like you are either.

you definitely aren't alone

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#3 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Personally I don't think people really start to mature into who they are going to be until they hit around 30, so this doesn't sound that weird to me.

-Byshop

Rustarios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rustarios
Member since 2018 • 8 Posts

No, that's not weird, I'm just like you, I've been single my whole life so far and I dont feel like I need someone to be next to me, just thinking about having someone who I have to be commited to just stresses me.

And I've also asked myself that question, but I can see in the Internet that there are more like me... maybe someday I will find someone who I connect with, who thinks like me and isn't in the need of being with me 24/7... I said "I will find", but Im not looking tho... (at least, not yet).

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#5 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I’ve been single since I was 18. (I’m 21 now.) I can agree with you. I don’t like to become attached to people either. It can be a real pain sometimes. I find that relationships can become a very selfish thing. Sure, it might be good to experience dating someone once in your life, but if you don’t dig it...who cares.

Another thing that comes to mind is that I think especially in this day it’s hard to find someone that can actually relate to you.

So don’t think of yourself as strange for thinking that way at all man. Embrace it. Take your time. Life shouldn’t be viewed as a race.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

I'm kinda in a similar boat. I have sexual desires but the thought of living with someone - I don't know.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#7 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@blackballs: wait, so you are 27 and have been with over 70 different partners? Are you serious??

DarkCore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DarkCore
Member since 2018 • 4 Posts

@Ovirew said:

@blackballs: wait, so you are 27 and have been with over 70 different partners? Are you serious??

He's not the only one though... Half of the people to his age did the same...

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Other than you probably should check with your doctor about possible diseases, with you having so many partners, no its not. People starts to mature in their 30's anyway so what do I know, we still young.

DarkCore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DarkCore
Member since 2018 • 4 Posts

@sakaixx said:

Other than you probably should check with your doctor about possible diseases, with you having so many partners, no its not. People starts to mature in their 30's anyway so what do I know, we still young.

Age doesn't matter to relationships or partnerships with other Gender... I know a friend of mine that he has got relationship since his 14th years and his partner was +4 years, So what's the point?

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

You are what as commonly known as a womanizer. Selfish, entitled, and probably not a nice person to be around. You will most likely die alone.

Harsh, but true.

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

the fact that you've counted up to the point of 70 says some things about your personality... or if you're making that up it says something else.. that sounds like sex addiction

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@Sevenizz: No, he has reached god status. Not because he's had 70 sexual partners, but because hasn't broken down and gotten himself attached.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BlackBalls

@sakaixx said:

Got herpes once. Cleared now, but that's pretty common when you're sexually active. Other than that. I'm good. It's all about using a condom. Unfortunately, herpes bypassed that.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BlackBalls

@Sevenizz said:

You are what as commonly known as a womanizer. Selfish, entitled, and probably not a nice person to be around. You will most likely die alone.

Harsh, but true.

I'm a really nice person, though. Have an insane amount of friends. But I do agree, at some points my friends get mad at me because I become extremely detached and they think I don't care about them. I start off my relationships with people thinking i'm the greatest guy ever, then ending up being bewildered why I seem so distant. But that's just who I am.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BlackBalls

@Ovirew said:

Does oral sex count? If it does, then yes. It's a quickie so no big deal.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BlackBalls

@Byshop said:

Personally I don't think people really start to mature into who they are going to be until they hit around 30, so this doesn't sound that weird to me.

-Byshop

Yeah, I wonder if at some point I'll just decide to settle down. I think it's possbile. I think once or twice in my life I met someone who I said "hmmm" maybe they are it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d693385560c3
deactivated-5d693385560c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5d693385560c3
Member since 2012 • 666 Posts

I'm a 31 year old straight man and I really don't want a girlfriend. I've also never had sex or even kissed a girl before. That would probably be considered abnormal to people, but I don't really care.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#19 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

@blackballs: Don't feel bad,I'm 44 years old and never had a gf and I'm straight. I had sexual relations but not relationships. I cringe at the thought of having a relationship with anyone. I don't even have any friends, I have acquaintances across the country, but no friends. Don't think you're alone, I've known a few people who slept around and never had relationships before. To be honest, I don't think it's uncommon of a situation.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BlackBalls

@brimmul777 said:

@blackballs: Don't feel bad,I'm 44 years old and never had a gf and I'm straight. I had sexual relations but not relationships. I cringe at the thought of having a relationship with anyone. I don't even have any friends, I have acquaintances across the country, but no friends. Don't think you're alone, I've known a few people who slept around and never had relationships before. To be honest, I don't think it's uncommon of a situation.

Yeah, I just think sometimes I feel weirded by it. As I said, I have met people I've wanted to be with but its never gone further which frustrates me.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Eh either you didn't find anyone you want to be with..........or you're not wired for relationships.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#22 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

@blackballs: Hey buddy, like I said, it's not unusual to be in a situation like that. We are 2018,not 1918, people today are more independent today than they ever have been in history. Even women like their independence more than ever and quite often a lot more than men. Don't think you're weird in any way, because you're not. Most people will divorce and totally f*ck their lives up and realize that they should have preferably have stayed single. If there was a way to tell the difference, I believe that the majority would've been single.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

Perhaps you are looking in the wrong places...

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Call me shallow but as long as you're getting laid that's all that really matters.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

@blackballs: I am the same. There is a term called aromantic which describes the not romantically inclined. It's not that you don't care you may be introverted and keeping up conversations and socializing can be stressful and exhausting. You're friends are the opposite and thrive on more socializing than you can withstand.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

People either can't comprehend or stomach the concept that being alone does not necessarily mean one is lonely.

While I think it great that some of us can find one person to be with, I think that the world is filled with great people and being tied down essentially limits how many interactions you will have with new people. Yes, you and your partner will probably form a core group of friends, but it will be the same people for the rest of your life.

@thereal25 said:

I'm kinda in a similar boat. I have sexual desires but the thought of living with someone - I don't know.

same

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

You're probably just aromantic.

You don't have the ability share a life with someone and give them affection and emotional support.

I'm the same way. No desire to be with anyone and people think I'm gay when really I just can't imagine being with someone for a large portion of my life. If you like sex so much, you're in luck. Most relationships today are just for that and we're now in a hookup culture.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
@Sevenizz said:

Harsh, but true.

Everyone dies alone and alone without dignity.

Only you can experience what you will be experiencing during your final hours.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@blackballs: people? Do you swing both ways?

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@Gaming-Planet: I bet you’re fun at parties.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

I have similar feelings at 26, can't imagine spending the rest of my life with another person. Maybe just haven't met the right person either, but quite happy staying single.

Will probably be a crazy cat lady in later life.

Furr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Furr
Member since 2018 • 9 Posts

You've got a long way to go!

europeisgreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 europeisgreat
Member since 2018 • 8 Posts

No. I just turned 28 and I don't care for it either.