Are you ready to get drafted to fight Russia over Ukraine.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8221 Posts

War is escalating into Russian territory. Russia was hit with drone attacks recently killing Russian ministries. Joe Biden has recently been calling for reserve troops. Russia sees this war a war vs NATO.

If the conflict gets to the point where NATO nations are expected to engage in war vs Russia are you ready? Is it something your willing to do? Are you willing to put your life on the line for it? Personally want nothing to do with this conflict. I do not support our involvement in funding this war between Russia and Ukraine. I would only fight Russians if they invaded/attacked the US directly.

What about you guys? Tim Bald made a good point. Our 18 year olds today are more frail than in the past. It's not unrealistic that if it did come to a draft. The US military would probably want to increase the age cap to include as many able bodied men as possible.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15997 Posts

Yeah, I'm ready to fight Russia. Just give me a gun and tell me where to go. Putin is a monster, so I would be happy to fight against him. If there is a Hell, he deserves to go there.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58968 Posts

You just posted Tim Pool.

Also Russia doesn't see this as a war with Nato, this is a propaganda line to soften the fact they are have been doing absolutely horrible against Ukraine.

It's designed to excuse their failures on propaganda networks and get people (your Alex Jones/Trump/Tucker) types to be on their side using that narrative.

And it works. See them on mass doing it all the time. Russia was "provoked" into invading them, going on murder rape sprees, leveling cities, deliberately targeting civs and stealing children to "re-educated them".

Basically, any fucking nightmare thing you can think of, Russia has done, and doing. AHHHHHHHHHH. But Nato.

"peace", what they are actually saying is "I want Russia to win". Rewording it. Coming up with any shit they can to dehumanize Ukrainians and excuse Russia.

This is the narrative the likes of Tucker Carlson has dribbled down into their brains.

The last thing Russia wants, on this earth, is to fight Nato. Already in a state as it is.

Basically just view Republicans as traitorous trash who are an embarrassment. That's the conclusion came to through the Ukraine war, from my limited understanding of American politics.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts

No one is enacting the draft. You'd have a healthier life if you turned away from far right extremist propaganda and disinformation.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SargentD

@uninspiredcup: i really hope they never draft Americans for this bs proxy war.

If I get drafted I'm shooting every single Russian and Ukrainian as soon as I get there

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 uninspiredcup

@sargentd said:

If I get drafted I'm shooting every single Russian and Ukrainian as soon as I get there

Oh. You just reminded me of this.

This is probably my fav clip. One edited, probably not even by Russians by Republicans themselves. That genuinely wouldn't surprise me.

Loading Video...

Here's your typical response from a totally free thinking MAGA, who def, def (DEF) isn't as thick as pig-shit. (from a Russian propaganda account, because of course)

https://twitter.com/AlternatNews/status/1638159946880614402

Amma gonna kill Ukrainians, god baweesss America.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

No, but I'm ready to fight to protect my home after the nukes go off. Assuming the aliens didn't disarm them all already. Also, alarmist Pim Tool.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

Drafts are stupid and TBH, at the risk of being overly cynical, the US hasn't fought a war worth fighting since Korea. Everything has been a scam to keep the military-industrial complex going.

Please understand I mean no disrespect to the military branches of the US but this is directed at politicians. They abuse our service members and frankly I'm surprised we still spend so much on the military.

Also the idea that we need to draft people to fight Russia is laughable. Our military is so large and technically advanced we would destroy them. The only threat Russia poses to the US is with nukes; a conventional fight would go to the US alone. Add in US allies (essentially most of Europe) and it's no contest.

@sargentd said:

What about you guys? Tim Bald made a good point. Our 18 year olds today are more frail than in the past...

That's a terrible point. You think we need a draft because...it would create more alpha males? That we have too many weak beta males?

Good lord 🤣😂🤣

Now, if you were to suggest that we follow a model some European countries follow where you have compulsory service after graduated high school/turning 18, then I could get behind that. You'd give kids a choice of either joining the military, joining some civil corp (to build bridges, pave roads, work in a national park), or go to higher education (albeit higher education should not be as emphasized as it is now).

I believe in compulsory service like that because the main issue with people these days isn't that they're "frail", it's that we've lost all connection towards working to a greater good, a common goal, a unified belief. They'd also be able to pick and choose what they do to some extent in an effort to figure out what they want to do, get some training, etc.

Drafts for specific conflicts, however, are bad. War is dumb and as we've seen for the past 70+ years, pretty pointless.

Oh and for the record, if there was a draft, I'd dodge it.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SargentD

@uninspiredcup: only inbreds and deformed hunchbacks listen to CNN.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SargentD
@mrbojangles25 said:

Drafts are stupid and TBH, at the risk of being overly cynical, the US hasn't fought a war worth fighting since Korea. Everything has been a scam to keep the military-industrial complex going.

Please understand I mean no disrespect to the military branches of the US but this is directed at politicians. They abuse our service members and frankly I'm surprised we still spend so much on the military.

Also the idea that we need to draft people to fight Russia is laughable. Our military is so large and technically advanced we would destroy them. The only threat Russia poses to the US is with nukes; a conventional fight would go to the US alone. Add in US allies (essentially most of Europe) and it's no contest.

@sargentd said:

What about you guys? Tim Bald made a good point. Our 18 year olds today are more frail than in the past...

That's a terrible point. You think we need a draft because...it would create more alpha males? That we have too many weak beta males?

Good lord 🤣😂🤣

Now, if you were to suggest that we follow a model some European countries follow where you have compulsory service after graduated high school/turning 18, then I could get behind that. You'd give kids a choice of either joining the military, joining some civil corp (to build bridges, pave roads, work in a national park), or go to higher education (albeit higher education should not be as emphasized as it is now).

I believe in compulsory service like that because the main issue with people these days isn't that they're "frail", it's that we've lost all connection towards working to a greater good, a common goal, a unified belief. They'd also be able to pick and choose what they do to some extent in an effort to figure out what they want to do, get some training, etc.

Drafts for specific conflicts, however, are bad. War is dumb and as we've seen for the past 70+ years, pretty pointless.

No I do not believe a draft will create more alpha males.

Typically 18-25 is the draft age.

What I'm saying is our 18-25 yo candidates look frail nowadays so I wouldn't be surprised it we increased the age to 35yo to get as many able bodied men to fight.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By uninspiredcup

@sargentd: Yes, the unedited clip, that is all over the internet, was clearly edited by them, to make it unedited.

It's propaganda. WokeNazm.

Hang on, Tuckers talking to another serial rapist. Both wearing tight-shorts again, brb.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SargentD

@uninspiredcup: literally don't care about what stupid shit that clip is supposed to be about. Don't see how it relates to what I'm talking about.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 uninspiredcup

@sargentd said:

@uninspiredcup: literally don't care about what stupid shit that clip is supposed to be about.

Yea. Reality.

It's a right bastard.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7271 Posts

It's easy for me to say yes, because I know it will not get to that point. So, yes.

They are already struggling with a proxy war, Russia does not have the weapons or manpower left to fight NATO head on. Honestly, what this and Afghanistan should be teaching us, is that the global superpowers really don't have the capacity to control the world with our militaries. We should stick to economic pressure when we want to be douchebags.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SargentD

@uninspiredcup: don't care about a clip being cut down. That's not why I made this thread.

The irony in it is Zelensky is pissed because he wants to join NATO and they aren't going to ever let him.

The irony is..

If we gave them NATO memebership. America 100% would be sending their daughters and sons to fight lol ....

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 uninspiredcup

Just a heads up as well, you're hero here, Tim. And pretty much all other Republics, all posted or attempted to take that video out of context. Even when they were told, it was literally taking out of context, he proceeds to, lie, then rephrase it, into a lie.

Loading Video...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SargentD

@uninspiredcup: the original clip still is nothing more than Zelensky fear mongering to Americans "gives us money and weapons or your kids will die in war with Russia".

It's still bad even without it being edited. 😭

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By uninspiredcup

@sargentd: And they should join. Literally any country that isn't led by a despot Russia bro should run at them. And they have been doing this.

parp

And yes, Nato should 100% be a threat to Russia, because when Russia isn't threatened, this right here, the Ukraine war, is what happens.

That's irony. While your average dumbo MAGA blalbllblalblala Nato. Leave Russia alone. HOW DARE YOU.

How many Nato member countries has Russia invaded?

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#19 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts

I don't think the US will enact a draft even if Nato springs into action. The scars from the last time it happened are too deep.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 uninspiredcup

@sargentd said:

@uninspiredcup: the original clip still is nothing more than Zelensky fear mongering to Americans "gives us money and weapons or your kids will die in war with Russia".

It's still bad even without it being edited. 😭

See? Point proven.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SargentD

@uninspiredcup said:

@sargentd: And they should join. Literally any country that isn't led by a despot Russia bro should run at them. And they have been doing this.

parp

And yes, Nato should 100% be a threat to Russia, because when Russia isn't threatened, this right here, the Ukraine war, is what happens.

That's irony. While your average dumbo MAGA blalbllblalblala Nato. Leave Russia alone. HOW DARE YOU.

No they shouldn't join, that would be stupid as hell to let Ukraine join NATO while in the midst of a war with Russia. You would be begging for WW3. It would force NATO into direct war with Russia. That would quite literally mean WW3.

That is the reason NATO won't let Ukraine join.

If what I'm saying is wrong NATO would have already let them join.

Not everyone is as eager to start WW3 over Ukraine as you are Cup.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By uninspiredcup

@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:

parp

No they shouldn't join, that would be stupid as hell to let Ukraine join NATO while in the midst of a war with Russia.

They aren't. It's after it.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SargentD

@Willy105 said:

I don't think the US will enact a draft even if Nato springs into action. The scars from the last time it happened are too deep.

3 years ago I think they changed the law so now even woman can be included in the draft.

I didn't agree with that.

But equality I guess lol..

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SargentD

@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:

parp

No they shouldn't join, that would be stupid as hell to let Ukraine join NATO while in the midst of a war with Russia.

The reason we didn't have Ukraine join NATO before the war started was the same thing. NATO knew as soon as they started talks of Ukraine joining it would spark Russia to go on the offensive because it's a bordering state.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

this is nothing new.

every generation complains that the kids today are a bunch of pussies.

guessing as a means to cope with their own dwindling youth and *ahem* vigor...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mrbojangles25

@sargentd said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@sargentd said:

Good lord 🤣😂🤣

What I'm saying is our 18-25 yo candidates look frail nowadays so I wouldn't be surprised it we increased the age to 35yo to get as many able bodied men to fight.

Fair enough.

I think maybe 18-25 yo is fine at the start, then expand to 35 if things are dire.

IF there had to be a draft, that is.

I don't think kids these days look frail, personally. I mean I had family that served and I see pictures of my parents and my grandparents. They weren't exactly big, brawny people either. And their generations certainly didn't have as many people focused on physical health and strength like there are now.

The WWII gen and Vietnam gen didn't have crossfit cults and gym bros.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SargentD

@mrbojangles25 said:
@sargentd said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@sargentd said:

Good lord 🤣😂🤣

Fair enough.

I think maybe 18-25 yo is fine at the start, then expand to 35 if things are dire.

I don't think kids these days look frail, personally. I mean I had family that served and I see pictures of my parents and my grandparents. They weren't exactly big, brawny people either. And their generations certainly didn't have as many people focused on physical health and strength like there are now.

Don't want to generalize to badly. Sure there are young people in shape.

My grandad who was WW2 and Korea vet was built like an ox though, he literally made his living as a railroad worker and coal miner. My grandad was Vietnam ,carpenter, tuff as bricks.

Honestly just think our younger class is the softest it's ever been. Shit I'm a millennial and think my generation is soft. The ones under us look even worse.

CrossFit and gym bros don't make up for it. Most of genz looks terrified to even shoot a gun

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 940 Posts
@sargentd said:

Some "sargent" you are...

Putin/Russia are the Hitler/Germany of the 21st century and they should be stopped, no matter the cost. As someone once said

"for evil to triumph it only takes good man to do nothing"

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By uninspiredcup
@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:

parp

The reason we didn't have Ukraine join NATO before the war started was the same thing. NATO knew as soon as they started talks of Ukraine joining it would spark Russia to go on the offensive because it's a bordering state.

Nope. Straight up propaganda farting out. Filtered from Russia, to Republicans, to you.

Noticed the pattern as well, for months of directing hatred at specifically Zelenskyy. which is something not exclusive to you but Republicans in general. Which is interesting.

Just another quick example, an extreamly recent one. 1-2 days ago.

This is one of the most popular Republicans on Youtube Twitter outside of politicians from looking at stats. 1.1. mil views in a few dozen hours.

https://twitter.com/jacksonhinklle/status/1685851201051430914

This video, is fake.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-did-tokyo-billboard-show-stop-war-zelensky-1816358

He refuses to acknowledge it. Even though, unequivocally, it was factually debunked. But, the intended damage is done. And he doesn't care. Because, Zelenskyy bad. His audience doesn't care. Wither it's reality or is, is irrelevant.

https://twitter.com/jacksonhinklle/status/1686399393006514176

Does this attitude sound familiar, at all? Like, about 20 minutes ago familiar?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

The war would be over before any drafted soldier gets out of advanced infantry training. NATO forces would make minced meat out of Russia's paper tiger cannon fodder.

But a pathetic concern over "peace", right wingers chear on autocrats and love Putin and pray for Russia's victory in their genocidal war. We know where their allegiances are. They're miserable seeing a supposed feeble old weakling like Biden manage to stick it to a shirt off while horseback riding Putin through work smarter not harder tactics like diplomacy, sanctions, weapons aid and military training.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mrbojangles25

@sargentd said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@sargentd said:

Fair enough.

Don't want to generalize to badly. Sure there are young people in shape.

My grandad who was WW2 and Korea vet was built like an ox though, he literally made his living as a railroad worker and coal miner. My grandad was Vietnam ,carpenter, tuff as bricks.

Honestly just think our younger class is the softest it's ever been. Shit I'm a millennial and think my generation is soft. The ones under us look even worse.

CrossFit and gym bros don't make up for it. Most of genz looks terrified to even shoot a gun

I suppose you could make the argument that kids grow up more sedentary and doing less physical labor than they used to.

So I guess in that regard, maybe.

But again, that's a lot of generalizing.

With that said, the bulk of recently enlisted service men and women are gen z, or whatever they're called, and they apparently passed the physical requirements so they must be tough enough.

Also, not to get too "out there", but the people enlisting now are the first generation to grow up in a post-9/11 world. The Cold War is barely remembered by even their parents. There is no "big bad" to take on. The fights of the future will be information-age problems, climate change, refugees, and less conventional threats like terrorism and such.

It's more existential and ambiguous. There is no defined enemy. It makes more sense to get along with China and Russia and other places than to fight them.

While we will always need a standing army for defense, at the same time there has likely never been less need for people to be ready to shoot a gun.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 956 Posts
@sargentd said:

War is escalating into Russian territory. Russia was hit with drone attacks recently killing Russian ministries. Joe Biden has recently been calling for reserve troops. Russia sees this war a war vs NATO.

If the conflict gets to the point where NATO nations are expected to engage in war vs Russia are you ready? Is it something your willing to do? Are you willing to put your life on the line for it? Personally want nothing to do with this conflict. I do not support our involvement in funding this war between Russia and Ukraine. I would only fight Russians if they invaded/attacked the US directly.

What about you guys? Tim Bald made a good point. Our 18 year olds today are more frail than in the past. It's not unrealistic that if it did come to a draft. The US military would probably want to increase the age cap to include as many able bodied men as possible.

I saw the thread title regarding forced US drafts to fight in Russia, and it seemed like it was going to be entirely false and based off of nothing real.

Then I saw a Tim Pool video thumbnail, and my original theory was confirmed. Dude is always off about almost everything. At this point Alex Jones probably has a superior track record on accuracy. He's just grifting you.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

@sargentd: Aren't you worry about Nuclear Winter War happening should the U.S go into War? Last I check the U.S looks out for its own. I ain't going to war, but I am ready to defend my home.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1005 Posts

I'm not a robot so no I'm not ready. They are farrr from the land I live on currently and those country's that are over there can fix that mess in 7 days.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SargentD

@davillain said:

@sargentd: Aren't you worry about Nuclear Winter War happening should the U.S go into War? Last I check the U.S looks out for its own. I ain't going to war, but I am ready to defend my home.

Yeah I'm worried davillian. That's why I'm talking about this stuff.

I look out for my own, I'll always look out for my fellow Americans and my home.

But that's not Ukraine. It's not even a NATO ally

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SargentD

@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:

parp

Nope. Straight up propaganda farting out. Filtered from Russia, to Republicans, to you.

Noticed the pattern as well, for months of directing hatred at specifically Zelenskyy. which is something not exclusive to you but Republicans in general. Which is interesting.

This is one of the most popular Republicans on Youtube Twitter outside of politicians from looking at stats. 1.1. mil views in a few dozen hours.

This video, is fake.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-did-tokyo-billboard-show-stop-war-zelensky-1816358

He refuses to acknowledge it. Even though, unequivocally, it was factually debunked. But, the intended damage is done. And he doesn't care. Because, Zelenskyy bad. His audience doesn't care. Wither it's reality or is, is irrelevant.

Thats not propaganda cup. That's 100% facts.

Really let it soak in. that's the truth. Not propaganda

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

Ah yes another amazing take citing youtube shitposting trolls and Russian sympathizers as a source.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

The war would be over before any drafted soldier gets out of advanced infantry training. NATO forces would make minced meat out of Russia's paper tiger cannon fodder.

But a pathetic concern over "peace", right wingers chear on autocrats and love Putin and pray for Russia's victory in their genocidal war. We know where their allegiances are. They're miserable seeing a supposed feeble old weakling like Biden manage to stick it to a shirt off while horseback riding Putin through work smarter not harder tactics like diplomacy, sanctions, weapons aid and military training.

Basically this^

It's disjointed, unreasoned fear-mongering, but I wouldn't call it specifically right wing, just very short-sighted and ill thought-out.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 uninspiredcup

@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:

This video, is fake.

You know had a big, rambly multi-paragraph reply here. But not gonna bother.

Loading Video...

Horses mouth. Head of Wagner. No debate.

And just ignoring months of posting habits, just want to highlight.

In this thread alone you have

1. Posted Tim Pool rubbish to scaremonger people into not supporting Ukraine

2. Said you would shoot Ukrainians

3. Denied, ignored, then rejected factual evidence of propaganda designed to degrade Ukraine support

4. Attempted to portray Russia (using direct propaganda narrative) that it's actually Nato, Russia was wronged with a heavily implication of justication

Just want to highlight that, in case you didn't notice it.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

I’m an old fart who is chronically ill. Never too old and fat to pick up arms to defend this nation from its enemies who want to destroy it (Trump), but Ukraine? Sorry, my sympathies, but I fight for my own. We all have our problems.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

@sancho_panzer: "It's disjointed, unreasoned fear-mongering, but I wouldn't call it specifically right wing, just very short-sighted and ill thought-out."

Mm-hmm, except it's coming from TC too, so I disagree.

Edit: I apologize if I'm slow to pick up on your joke.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SargentD

@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:

This video, is fake.

You know had a big, rambly multi-paragraph reply here. But not gonna bother.

Loading Video...

Horses mouth. Head of Wagner. No debate.

And just ignoring months of posting habits, just want to highlight.

In this thread alone you have

1. Posted Tim Pool rubbish to scaremonger people into not supporting Ukraine

That's your opinion.

2. Said you would shoot Ukrainians

And Russians your dirty censoring commie

3. Denied, ignored, then rejected factual evidence of propaganda designed to degrade Ukraine support

What? That video where Zelensky said Americans will send their children to die? He did say it though lol. I know it was clipped by many (the 16 seconds) , but the full version is just as bad. Like the context of "if Russia attacks NATO it will be your kids who are sent to die"

Ok well... NO SHIT ZELENSKY.

But he's not attacking NATO... He's attacking Ukraine.

So why even say that.

4. Attempted to portray Russia (using direct propaganda narrative) that it's actually Nato, Russia was wronged with a heavily implication of justication.

I didn't say Russia is right or wrong. I'm saying Russia isn't going to let Ukraine ever join NATO without fighting over it. Because it's a bordering state. They will go to war before that ever happens. That's why we never let Ukraine join NATO, and that's why we currently won't allow Ukraine to join NATO. Yeah it sucks. But that's just the hard cold truth cup. IM NOT SAYING ITS RIGHT OR WRONG BUT THATS WHAT RUSSIA IS DOING. it is what it is.

Just want to highlight that, in case you didn't notice it.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 683 Posts

@sargentd: the probability of USA draft for Ukraine is zero.

1. Nato direct involvement in Ukraine is extremely unlikely.

2. Nato in service troops are several times those of Russia. And this is without counting Ukraine troops.

3. Nato is technologically way ahead of Russia. So it could fight it even with fewer troops.

4. Sargentd, I don't know you personally. But my personal guess is that you are not even close to draft age by any means.

So, for you to get drafted several extremely unlikely things would have to happen one after the other.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

@lamprey263: Ok, maybe specifically was a bad word choice there, lol. What I meant was it's a position which has caught on with America's right wing kind of opportunistically, rather than because it's in the long term interests of the right.

You point out there's a tribal defiance in America which feeds into the domestic politics of this conflict above any logical reasoning, and I guess I'm agreeing with that really. What's at play behind a lot of this thinking is a cultural propaganda, not an ideological one, and that could as easily target the left as the right - and I believe it frequently does. The way I see it, it's all about division and maintaining, reinforcing and manipulating allegiance to that division, however senseless the arguments become.

It just so happens a weakened NATO will lead to a weakened US, and IMO, that's very likely to precipitate an accelerated, aggressive and pretty unpleasant breed of socialism in time.

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#45 ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 701 Posts

Nobody like war - but Russia need to stopped.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

What is the age range for a draft? I bet most here wouldn’t qualify.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 683 Posts

@SOedipus: there is no draft now in the USA. But it used to be 18-25 .

And if anyone is thinking current young people are not fit enough to go to the army, it is because they haven't seen the physical effects of going to the army.

I have a good friend of mine from Belarus. After he got his master's degree he was forced to join the army or go to jail.

He was 26 at the time (Belarus draft has a larger age range).The guy was obese, not morbidly so, but under the clinical definition.

I kept contact with his wife that is also a good friend of mine. After 4 months the wife send me picture of him in the army.

He looked 15% body fat.

Avatar image for deactivated-661eae767772c
deactivated-661eae767772c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By deactivated-661eae767772c
Member since 2022 • 245 Posts

I'm too old to be drafted and I've already served in the USAF.

But if I had to? Sure. I'd love to wreck some Russian soldiers.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mrbojangles25

@nirgal said:

@SOedipus: there is no draft now in the USA. But it used to be 18-25 .

And if anyone is thinking current young people are not fit enough to go to the army, it is because they haven't seen the physical effects of going to the army.

I have a good friend of mine from Belarus. After he got his master's degree he was forced to join the army or go to jail.

He was 26 at the time (Belarus draft has a larger age range).The guy was obese, not morbidly so, but under the clinical definition.

I kept contact with his wife that is also a good friend of mine. After 4 months the wife send me picture of him in the army.

He looked 15% body fat.

I think that's an important thing to remember: even if you are weak or soft or whatever, the military will likely form you into what they need (or find a place for you).

You'll get put on a special diet, or exercise more, or any other number of things. There's been a lot of complaints in the US about lowered physical demands of enlistment but I think that's just to get people into the system; once you're in the system, they'll get you into shape.

Also, people think everyone joining the military is going to be a front-line soldier but the truth is most are not. The exception being maybe the US Marines where "everyone is a rifleman" or whatever.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3864 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

No one is enacting the draft. You'd have a healthier life if you turned away from far right extremist propaganda and disinformation.

Right extremist propaganda? The military can not meet their recruitment needs. Conservatives were the mainstay of the military and they have been forced out and during the current climate in the military will no longer enlist. If things do not change a draft will become necessary again.