Are you good enough to go to heaven?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ff-leader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 ff-leader
Member since 2006 • 2400 Posts

So do you think your good enough to go to heaven if it existed?

yentlequible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 yentlequible
Member since 2009 • 2620 Posts
Mmm...burgers and fries 8)
LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts
I dunno', honestly I don't think I should or am in the postion to judge the matter.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

No one is truly "good enough", as there is a nigh infinite continuum of "goodness" on which one may be always further along.

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

Yes, but my religious friend told me I'm going to Hell anyways for not being religious :(

EDIT: On second thought, I probably will end up in Hell at this rate.

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

Absolutely not; for "It is by grace you are saved through faith; and not of yourselves it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:9

RACiEP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RACiEP
Member since 2010 • 687 Posts

I really have no idea and I don't think there's any point on me speculating. If Heaven exists, and I go there, so be it. And if Hell exists, and I go there, so be it. But there's really no way of telling what will happen when we die.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#8 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
My television once told me that special people are like Gods little angels. And she also said I was special once.
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

Depends on whose definition of "good" we're going by. For the sake of the topic, I'll assume that of the Christian God. In that case, nope. I have trouble understanding and following his rules.

moccassins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 moccassins
Member since 2010 • 326 Posts

waiting for Mindstorm's insight...

MJPilgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MJPilgrim
Member since 2005 • 1561 Posts

Yes, but my religious friend told me I'm going to Hell anyways for not being religious :(

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

My mother told me the same thing.

binpink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 binpink
Member since 2009 • 9163 Posts

My handbasket to hell is waiting for me I'm sure. I'm probably too selfish for Heaven.

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

I sure hope not...

Heaven would have to have pretty low standards...

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

I'm going to be honest, probably not, but it's worth a shot.

shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts

[QUOTE="Suzy_Q_Kazoo"]

MJPilgrim

My mother told me the same thing.

You should traverse back to Catholic Church. The American Christian Sects are a bit extreme in this matter:P

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Calvin079

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

:? thats odd. Gonna step on a very thin line here and say it. You can be religious all you want and still not have faith in anything. The reason why Hell exists is because the Holy God who is absolutely perfect demands that wickedness be punished. It cannot abide in his presence; for He is pure, holy and perfect in every way.

berserker2389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 berserker2389
Member since 2010 • 4627 Posts
Hell no, I'd rather be in the mosh pit in hell Heaven sounds lame
Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Calvin079

My handbasket to hell is waiting for me I'm sure. I'm probably too selfish for Heaven.

binpink

But if you will accept thatJesus died to take the wrath of God meant for you, you can have heaven. Its a gift. Its the only wayanyone can escape Hell.

Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
No one is good enough to go to heaven. :P
moccassins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 moccassins

I'm too accusatory and bitter for heaven :(

I hope God will forgive me for that though...

Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts
i'm hungry, i want burgers and fries.
Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Calvin079

^ You nailed it.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#24 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Burgers and fries please.

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Suzy_Q_Kazoo

[QUOTE="Suzy_Q_Kazoo"]

Calvin079

:? thats odd. Gonna step on a very thin line here and say it. You can be religious all you want and still not have faith in anything. The reason why Hell exists is because the Holy God who is absolutely perfect demands that wickedness be punished. It cannot abide in his presence; for He is pure, holy and perfect in every way.

I prefer not to think of those things, which is probably why I'm not religious in the slightest sense. She pretty much conveyed to me that although I may be a good person, that until I accept religion into my life I will go to Hell. I'll be honest, it bummed me out :?

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GabuEx

[QUOTE="binpink"]

Calvin079

But if you will accept thatJesus died to take the wrath of God meant for you, you can have heaven. Its a gift. Its the only wayanyone can escape Hell.

Something that may be properly called a "gift" generally doesn't require someone to jump through some seemingly arbitrary hoops before they can get it, and generally are not permanently withheld from someone if they fail to do so after a short period of time.

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Calvin079

I'm too accusatory and bitter for heaven :(

I hope God will forgive me for that though...

moccassins

ask Him to. "For if we confess out sins, he is able and just to forgive usour sins and cleanse us from all unrightousness." But you have to repent.

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Calvin079

[QUOTE="Calvin079"]

[QUOTE="binpink"]

GabuEx

Something that may be properly called a "gift" generally doesn't require someone to jump through some seemingly arbitrary hoops before they can get it, and generally are not permanently withheld from someone if they fail to do so after a short period of time.

There is no "hoops" its a gift. Either take it or leave it. If people refuse the gift, I don't think fail is the word to use.

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Calvin079

I prefer not to think of those things, which is probably why I'm not religious in the slightest sense. She pretty much conveyed to me that although I may be a good person, that until I accept religion into my life I will go to Hell. I'll be honest, it bummed me out :?

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

That generalization would bum anybody out. But again, its not religion that you have to accept. You can have religion all you want. Through Jesus Christ is eternal life. There is no other way.

RACiEP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RACiEP

What is this "gift" you speak of? Is it a new console?

Seriously, go find some church to preach in.

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Suzy_Q_Kazoo

[QUOTE="Suzy_Q_Kazoo"]

Calvin079

That generalization would bum anybody out. But again, its not religion that you have to accept. You can have religion all you want. Through Jesus Christ is eternal life. There is no other way.

Well that's what she meant. To accept Christ. Which apparently I have not.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GabuEx

There is no "hoops" its a gift. Either take it or leave it. If people refuse the gift, I don't think fail is the word to use.

Calvin079

In order to receive this "gift", you must:

- Believe in God.

- Believe that Jesus was God's son and died for your sins.

- Believe that the Bible was the true revealed word of God.

- Obey everything God commands and cease doing anything God has forbidden.

If you do all of this, then and only then you may receive this "gift".

That's not a gift. That's a bribe.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

No, but I'm still going in. I scanned the area and was able to steal a copy of Heaven's blue prints. I'll sneak in undeteected and I'll be in paradise.

Avatar image for deactivated-6016e81e8e30f
deactivated-6016e81e8e30f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 deactivated-6016e81e8e30f
Member since 2009 • 12955 Posts
What, like good by Biblical standards? If so, then that's a big ****ing no. I'm more the type to make friends with Lucifer and cause trouble, anywho.
kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts
[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

[QUOTE="Calvin079"]

- Believe in God.

still sounds better than hell. cant imagine lucifer has a sweet gig lined up. consider Jesus voluntarly died for said sins seems less like a bribe than you make it out to be.
Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Calvin079

[QUOTE="Calvin079"]

GabuEx

- Believe in God.

Where did you hear that? Thats a creed ; a list of beliefs that most Christians confess to. Thatsecond one is only one that is required to go to heaven. The others are als onecessary, but not forheaven.That last one is what Paul wrote to the Roman Church " Shall we sin more so that grcae may be more abundant? By no means! We died to sin, how can we live it any longer?"

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GabuEx

Where did you hear that? Thats a creed ; a list of beliefs that most Christians confess to. Thatsecond one is only one that is required to go to heaven. The others are als onecessary, but not forheaven.That last one is what Paul wrote to the Roman Church " Shall we sin more so that grcae may be more abundant? By no means! We died to sin, how can we live it any longer?"

Calvin079

1. If they are necessary, but not for heaven, then what are they necessary for?

2. Even if only one of the points is necessary, my statementstands firm that it is not a gift but a bribe if it is as you describe.

moccassins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 moccassins

I'm not the one to judge. God is. :?

I am not religious though. I believe I am spiritual and don't need a label to believe in God.

Lilyanne46

...Can't you be a deist then? Everyone has a faith label regardless of whether they know it or not.

RACiEP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RACiEP

still sounds better than hell. cant imagine lucifer has a sweet gig lined up. consider Jesus voluntarly died for said sins seems less like a bribe than you make it out to be.kayoticdreamz

Here's how I see it...

I'm not a religious person, and neither are any of my close family members. I would rather suffer forever with my family than spend an eternity without them.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
According to my beliefs, to tell yourself that you're going to heaven or hell is foolish, for only God knows our destinies. I have no idea.
King_James6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 King_James6
Member since 2010 • 935 Posts
Of course I'm a good boy.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GabuEx

According to my beliefs, to tell yourself that you're going to heaven or hell is foolish, for only God knows our destinies. I have no idea.ghoklebutter

One tenet I've always liked in the Bible is that those who humble themselves will be exalted, while those who exalt themselves will be humbled. I am always reminded of that when I see people saying that they will go to heaven, and asking others who are not believers if they too will go to heaven. I feel that those who are completely convinced that none should go to heaven less than they the ones who are truly children of God. (And I mean really convinced, not "convinced" in the lip-service sense of, "Yeah, yeah, I don't deserve heaven, but hallelujah praise God, I'm sure as heck goin'!")

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Calvin079

[QUOTE="Calvin079"]

GabuEx

1. If they are necessary, but not for heaven, then what are they necessary for?

2. Even if only one of the points is necessary, my statementstands firm that it is not a gift but a bribe if it is as you describe.

After thinking about it I am wrong; but they themselves are not needed for heavne only Jesus is, but those beliefs are connected to the salvation plan of God. You cannot belive that Jesus fully God yet fully man- died to pay the penalty for the sins of the world if you do not belive in God. The plan of salvation is of course Christ Himself. The Bible is God revealing Himself through writing; hence backing up the plan of God.

God gave himself so you could have eternal life. It is a gift- if you choose to recieve it.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GabuEx

After thinking about it I am wrong; but they themselves are not needed for heavne only Jesus is, but those beliefs are connected to the salvation plan of God. You cannot belive that Jesus fully God yet fully man- died to pay the penalty for the sins of the world if you do not belive in God. The plan of salvation is of course Christ Himself. The Bible is God revealing Himself through writing; hence backing up the plan of God.

God gave himself so you could have eternal life. It is a gift- if you choose to recieve it.

Calvin079

Only not, because a gift is one where you don't have to do that to get it. A gift is something where you can just go "OK, thanks" and now it's yours. If you have to do something before you can get something, then it is by definition not a gift. A gift that you must change your whole life to receive is about as far from a gift as you can possibly get, and I'm sorry, but all the stressing in the world that it is still a gift will not make it so.

ANlMOSITY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ANlMOSITY
Member since 2010 • 701 Posts

Nah man, heaven is for pro-life, non-smokers, I'm gonna be surfin on the lake of fire baybey!

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Calvin079

Only not, because a gift is one where you don't have to do that to get it. A gift is something where you can just go "OK, thanks" and now it's yours. If you have to do something before you can get something, then it is by definition not a gift. A gift that you must change your whole life to receive is about as far from a gift as you can possibly get, and I'm sorry, but all the stressing in the world that it is still a gift will not make it so.

GabuEx

So lets say that a treausre hunt is planned for some children, andafter searching for it, thay find it. The treasure is theirs to keep. Its a gift. Same thing with Eternal life. Its yours, if you want it. Will you see it out? Christ is the way. There is no other. You do not change your life before you recieve it, but after. and God odes the changing not you. A person could not change no matter how hard they tried to be "good"

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Calvin079

Nah man, heaven is for pro-life, non-smokers, I'm gonna be surfin on the lake of fire baybey!

ANlMOSITY

Smiokers can go to hevean. Who says they can't? Eternal Life is open to ALL who will recieve it.