Are you going to get married?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="Meeeko"]Very materialistic, no?

You can still share and not have to be bound by a silly legal agreement.

Meeeko

It has nothing to do with sharing things... giving someone the legal ability to take half of your total assets shows you trust them very much. All they have to do is decide to leave you and you are out half your entire gross worth. That kind of trust is very hard to develop and doing something like getting married without a prenup shows you trust your partner quite a bit... moreso than if you just "say" you commit yourself to them.

You have a point. In my mind though I feel that people mainly only do it for money or other tripe reasons. This could possibly be broad generalizations made by my imaginative mind.

Another thing about marriage that seems foul to me. Is the whole, have to spend a billion dollars on the ceremony deal.

I don't know it just doesn't feel right...

I agree on the extravagant ceremony. What a better way to start out the rest of your lives... a nice debt to have to pay off, lol.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
You have a point. In my mind though I feel that people mainly only do it for money or other tripe reasons. This could possibly be broad generalizations made by my imaginative mind.

Another thing about marriage that seems foul to me. Is the whole, have to spend a billion dollars on the ceremony deal.

I don't know it just doesn't feel right...

Meeeko

You can spend whatever you want on the ceremony. It is your as a couple's choice if you want to have it at your house or in Hawaii, there is no obligation at all.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#53 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I hope to one day meet that special someone
Cenerune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Cenerune
Member since 2008 • 588 Posts

Unless the laws concerning divorce changes and stop being so retarded, never. I witnessed many divorces in my surrounding and men are legally shafted in all cases. Your once loving wife you thought would be at your side forever suddenly become a money hungry monster who spew insults like a mad gorilla whenever she can get her hands on a phone. I witnessed two of those and frankly it was awfully disgusting.

In a nutshell, ive seen how quick people can change in a short lapse of time which bring me to say, you never truly 100% know someone and many people have two faces.

Meeeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 Meeeko
Member since 2008 • 635 Posts

Unless the laws concerning divorce changes and stop being so retarded, never. I witnessed many divorces in my surrounding and men are legally shafted in all cases. Your once loving wife you thought would be at your side forever suddenly become a money hungry monster who spew insults like a mad gorilla whenever she can get her hands on a phone. I witnessed two of those and frankly it was awfully disgusting.

In a nutshell, ive seen how quick people can change in a short lapse of time which bring me to say, you never truly 100% know someone and many people have two faces.

Cenerune

Mass divorce, This is one the reasons why I think people are doing it for the wrong rasons.