Are Twilight and New Moon really that bad guys?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

herviross_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#51 herviross_2
Member since 2006 • 2689 Posts
I thought the movie was OK.
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

They are pretty bad, there are tons of better movies and books than that series. People do freak out way too much over them though, if you dont like them then dont watch or read them. Its not as if romannce in new for vampires, its just lamer and more hip now. There are no rules for vampires and what they should be, if vampires sparkle in the twilight series why not? They dont in other books and movies so watch those instead of whine about how much twilight sucks.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Film-Guy

Really enjoyed the movie. It was very romantic and beautifully photographed. Also the structure of the story works much better as a film than the novel. A lot of the stuff about Bella guessing Mr. Ed is a vampire is fast tracked in the film, which works well because we already know what he is. biggest_loser

I thought the romance was pretty cheesy, I could recommend a better vampire romance from 2008 but you probably know which one I am going to say by now:P

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts

[QUOTE="RedWolves_"][QUOTE="imthemostwanted"] it would be way more cool if they were actual man-wolf things, not just oversized dogs.imthemostwanted

Meh... I disagree. I love werewolves in any form but I've always enjoyed the stories where they become actual wolves. I think the whole man-wolf thing is really silly unless they can do it right.

like this

is that were gururumon :D
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#55 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]Really enjoyed the movie. It was very romantic and beautifully photographed. Also the structure of the story works much better as a film than the novel. A lot of the stuff about Bella guessing Mr. Ed is a vampire is fast tracked in the film, which works well because we already know what he is. Film-Guy

I thought the romance was pretty cheesy, I could recommend a better vampire romance from 2008 but you probably know which one I am going to say by now:P

Yes lol, I'm very grateful you recommended that OTHER vampire film frequently!! Hopefully I can read the novel in the holidays as well! Everyone is making a big deal about Twilight and how little girls like it and others trying to ban it in schools: at least these kids are reading SOMETHING!! Its probably better than sitting playing a DS or whatever.
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]Really enjoyed the movie. It was very romantic and beautifully photographed. Also the structure of the story works much better as a film than the novel. A lot of the stuff about Bella guessing Mr. Ed is a vampire is fast tracked in the film, which works well because we already know what he is. biggest_loser

Yes lol, I'm very grateful you recommended that OTHER vampire film frequently!! Hopefully I can read the novel in the holidays as well! Everyone is making a big deal about Twilight and how little girls like it and others trying to ban it in schools: at least these kids are reading SOMETHING!! Its probably better than sitting playing a DS or whatever.

Yeah I see what you mean, there are worse books out there. However I think Bella is a negative influence as a character, especially when she tries to kill herself. She just seems overly dependant on her love for Edward and doesnt do much else. You will find the book let the right one in very different from the film, especially in how they describe Eli as a vampire and other details I have probably mentioned before. You should also read the author's other book Handling The Undead, it makes zombies more interesting than I have ever seen. Very good book. John Ajvide Lindqvist is really becoming a favorite writer of mine. You should also read Fevre Dream by George R.R Martin, its like Mark Twain mixed with Bram Stoker. However, Twilight is not the worst book kids can read, though there are much better books they should read imo.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

I didn't dig it. When the girl talked about being unconditionally in love with Edward, I asked myself, "Say what?" simply because it wasn't believable at all. My opinion of coarse...

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Film-Guy

I didn't dig it. When the girl talked about being unconditionally in love with Edward, I asked myself, "Say what?" simply because it wasn't believable at all. My opinion of coarse...

LikeHaterade

Its not only unbelievable its almost dangerous. Young girls are very influential, and I have seen a few who act like Bella because of the books. Its not right to throw away your life for a love like the one Bella has with Edward, and the series overall is very shallow with its obsession over image and how sparkly edward is.

Penguinchow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Penguinchow
Member since 2006 • 1629 Posts

[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

Film-Guy

Its not only unbelievable its almost dangerous. Young girls are very influential, and I have seen a few who act like Bella because of the books. Its not right to throw away your life for a love like the one Bella has with Edward, and the series overall is very shallow with its obsession over image and how sparkly edward is.

I have seen MANY girls who have changed their entire personalities to match Bellas and it's frankly quite disturbing.
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

Film-Guy

Hm, I never thought of it that way. All I know is that she did not show for it. At all...

In fact, that part really came as a suprise to me, as well as, at least I would assume, others that haven't read the series. Based on what I remember, she did absolutely nothing physically or verbally to suggest that she was in love with the vampire. One minute she is talking to or about him, and the next it's like, "I love him more than anything." I disliked it very much.

ayanami_rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ayanami_rei
Member since 2005 • 17115 Posts

I am a werewolf / vampire FREAK! I'm obsessed with anything to do with either, True Blood, 30 Days of Night, Vampire the Masquerade, Sharp Teeth, anything.... but Twilight is just too silly and girly for me. Any vampires that sparkle just aren't cutting it. My girlfriend at the time wanted me to read them so I read both Twilight & New Moon. I tried to enjoy them but the writing was terrible and I don't think I could stand Bella drooling all over Edward anymore.

RedWolves_
Vampires never, EVER sparkle... EVER. And the "werewolves" in the book aren't werewolves. They are shape-shifters. Or apparently, that's what she says at the end of book 4.
killer336

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 killer336
Member since 2007 • 2816 Posts

they are the demon childs

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

Penguinchow

I have seen MANY girls who have changed their entire personalities to match Bellas and it's frankly quite disturbing.

it is, i wouldnt care if bella was a good character but she isnt. I know of some parents who say Bella is an inspiration, and i dont get it. She does nothing for herself other than obsess over edward who is a borderline stalker, she throws away her life to be with a guy. That is a terrible thing to teach girls.

Avatar image for imthemostwanted
imthemostwanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 imthemostwanted
Member since 2008 • 988 Posts

[QUOTE="imthemostwanted"]

[QUOTE="RedWolves_"] Meh... I disagree. I love werewolves in any form but I've always enjoyed the stories where they become actual wolves. I think the whole man-wolf thing is really silly unless they can do it right. weezyfb

like this

is that were gururumon :D

hells yea bruh

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

I haven't read any of the books, because I want to keep my sanity. But I did read like the first three chapters of the first book, and I could not force myself to read anymore of that tripe.

jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts
I thought it was an okay movie nothing groundbreaking. The new one actually looks like it's going to be good though. I don't understand all the hype though I guess it's from the books?
monkeyd_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#67 monkeyd_93
Member since 2007 • 6848 Posts
ruined how vampires looked liked and acted = instant fail imo
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
The movies suck ass. The books are bomb-ass (that means very good).
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
Nah they arent that bad, besides is a new way to met or interact with chicks :P
Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts
You Think Twilight Saga is Bad, Try Reading "The Host" I've read bad sci-fi in my time but that was horrible, the fact her books are making it to number one in sales charts just proves theres a market for themed romance novels and shes making a killing off it.
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
[QUOTE="Zenkuso"]You Think Twilight Saga is Bad, Try Reading "The Host" I've read bad sci-fi in my time but that was horrible, the fact her books are making it to number one in sales charts just proves theres a market for themed romance novels and shes making a killing off it.

I'm currently reading The Host and loving it. I'm a little over half-way through. What's so bad about it?
Nurse_Cyonara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Nurse_Cyonara
Member since 2009 • 49 Posts

Am I the only one who seems to notice that not one of the vampires in the movie has fangs? WTF! Someone in the production camp is definitelyhitting the pipe. Glittery skin and no fangs is not a vampire!. Edward just looks like that creepy goth kid(s) in high school who was clinically depressed and always on the verge of suicide. I seriously don't get why anybody likes these movies. Such bs.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16884 Posts

No need to bump an old thread to express your dislike of Twilight.