Are Twilight and New Moon really that bad guys?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

butteman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 butteman12
Member since 2005 • 2726 Posts

You know, i dont think the twlight movie series isnt THAT bad and im a guy. I agree Twilight was actually a pretty fail movie but New Moon actually looks okay. mabe im just a sissy but i dono, it doesnt seem that New Moon looked that bad. any other guy feel the same way?

StaticPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#2 StaticPenguin
Member since 2004 • 3433 Posts

Yes.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Put it this way... the exerts I've seen of Meyer's writing make J.K. Rowling seem like Ernest Hemingway...
Commander-Gree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Commander-Gree
Member since 2009 • 4929 Posts
My girlfriend of the time made me see Twilight with her and it was bad, but I've seen worse. I found myself mildly entertained.
Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sajedene
Member since 2004 • 13718 Posts
Eh. It's not made for everyone. It has a target demographic that skews female, yes... so it is quite expected that guy-skewing GS would hate on it (why people would hate on something not for them is a whole different thing that I would rather not dive into) but if you like it... then you like it. Who cares about the haters.
Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

I don't like it, I found the writing/storyline horrible.

StaticPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#7 StaticPenguin
Member since 2004 • 3433 Posts

It's made for tween girls and the mothers who feel the need to relate to their children.

J_Knolling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 J_Knolling
Member since 2007 • 310 Posts

Well, I haven't seen the movies, but those books suuuucked(imo).

Especially that second one. It was 300 pages and NOTHING happened! Seriously, the characters were in the same place they were at in the beginning! boring.

spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

this is just my opinion on twilight

RedWolves_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RedWolves_
Member since 2009 • 471 Posts

I am a werewolf / vampire FREAK! I'm obsessed with anything to do with either, True Blood, 30 Days of Night, Vampire the Masquerade, Sharp Teeth, anything.... but Twilight is just too silly and girly for me. Any vampires that sparkle just aren't cutting it. My girlfriend at the time wanted me to read them so I read both Twilight & New Moon. I tried to enjoy them but the writing was terrible and I don't think I could stand Bella drooling all over Edward anymore.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#11 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Two words. Glittering vampires. If you still have the contents of your stomach in your stomach, congrats. :|
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
it is silly
Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
Lets put it this way. I went to a friend's house and the daughter was watching one of those movies. Like, theater to dvd movies. I stood there for a few minutes and asked if it was the sci-fi channel. He told me it was in the theaters and was very popular. The acting is horrible. The main actress always looks like she is sniffing the finger that was in someone's ass, and the main vampire acts like even HE dosent give a crap about the quality of the movie. It was bad.
Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

The books are terrible. Nothing but a teenage girl's desperate fantasies about her false ideas of what romance is committed to paper, with one dimensional characters and no point to the entire thing. I read all of them because I thought they were hilarious. At least they have that entertainment value going for them.

The movie is lame, but there are much worse movies out there.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
I hate it its bs. But hey it is pointed toward females. Eternal love and loyalty. That is a disgusting quality....
RedWolves_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RedWolves_
[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"]Lets put it this way. I went to a friend's house and the daughter was watching one of those movies. Like, theater to dvd movies. I stood there for a few minutes and asked if it was the sci-fi channel. He told me it was in the theaters and was very popular. The acting is horrible. The main actress always looks like she is sniffing the finger that was in someone's ass, and the main vampire acts like even HE dosent give a crap about the quality of the movie. It was bad.

Hahahahaha :lol: Alice Cullen is really cute though. :D Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
shoot-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#17 shoot-first
Member since 2004 • 9788 Posts

I only seen Twilight and not that other one. It is really...meh. :| I wonder if it was supposed to be comedy.

starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

Mario Brothers: The Movie didn't look that bad, Street Fighter didn't look that bad, Batman Forever didn't look that bad.

You get what I'm saying.

Avatar image for imthemostwanted
imthemostwanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 imthemostwanted
Member since 2008 • 988 Posts
im a guy. i think the books and the movie were good, i just don't get the whole obsession thing really. that's probably just coz im a guy though. anyways new moon looks good.
RedWolves_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RedWolves_
im a guy. i think the books and the movie were good, i just don't get the whole obsession thing really. that's probably just coz im a guy though. anyways new moon looks good.imthemostwanted
The werewolves looks very fake though.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

I am a werewolf / vampire FREAK! I'm obsessed with anything to do with either, True Blood, 30 Days of Night, Vampire the Masquerade, Sharp Teeth, anything.... but Twilight is just too silly and girly for me. Any vampires that sparkle just aren't cutting it. My girlfriend at the time wanted me to read them so I read both Twilight & New Moon. I tried to enjoy them but the writing was terrible and I don't think I could stand Bella drooling all over Edward anymore.

RedWolves_

30 days of night freaking rocks!

imthemostwanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 imthemostwanted
[QUOTE="imthemostwanted"]im a guy. i think the books and the movie were good, i just don't get the whole obsession thing really. that's probably just coz im a guy though. anyways new moon looks good.RedWolves_

it would be way more cool if they were actual man-wolf things, not just oversized dogs.
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
Two words. Glittering vampires. If you still have the contents of your stomach in your stomach, congrats. :|JustPlainLucas
I was thinking of "Sex Fantasy" Seriously.....a 7th grader has better writing than that woman. :| I applaud her for making all that cash off all her fans that I am surprised she has.
RedWolves_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RedWolves_
[QUOTE="RedWolves_"][QUOTE="imthemostwanted"]im a guy. i think the books and the movie were good, i just don't get the whole obsession thing really. that's probably just coz im a guy though. anyways new moon looks good.imthemostwanted

it would be way more cool if they were actual man-wolf things, not just oversized dogs.

Meh... I disagree. I love werewolves in any form but I've always enjoyed the stories where they become actual wolves. I think the whole man-wolf thing is really silly unless they can do it right.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58410 Posts

I enjoyed Twilight only because A.) my standards were so incredibly low it would be difficult not to pleasantly suprise me, and B.) I like vampires in just about any shape and form

I also have a weakness for chick flicks.

MrsSolidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MrsSolidSnake
Member since 2009 • 5003 Posts

It's made for tween girls and the mothers who feel the need to relate to their children.

Raikoh_
I absolutely HATE Twilight and refuse to get sucked into it... but my mum read about the hype and it reading all of the books now... so some mothers just read it to fit in and be the complete opposite to their daughters.
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CreasianDevaili
[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"]Lets put it this way. I went to a friend's house and the daughter was watching one of those movies. Like, theater to dvd movies. I stood there for a few minutes and asked if it was the sci-fi channel. He told me it was in the theaters and was very popular. The acting is horrible. The main actress always looks like she is sniffing the finger that was in someone's ass, and the main vampire acts like even HE dosent give a crap about the quality of the movie. It was bad.RedWolves_
Hahahahaha :lol: Alice Cullen is really cute though. :D Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Post a true HD untouched picture before she gets her morning coffee or whatever her routine is and we can then discuss this further.
shoot-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#29 shoot-first
Member since 2004 • 9788 Posts

Underworld ftw

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

I don't like it, I found the writing/storyline horrible.

Yandere

Same here

henzolorenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 henzolorenzo
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts

Some people hate it cause they genuinely don't like it, I would say alot more people hate it because they think its cool to hate it...

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts

[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"]Lets put it this way. I went to a friend's house and the daughter was watching one of those movies. Like, theater to dvd movies. I stood there for a few minutes and asked if it was the sci-fi channel. He told me it was in the theaters and was very popular. The acting is horrible. The main actress always looks like she is sniffing the finger that was in someone's ass, and the main vampire acts like even HE dosent give a crap about the quality of the movie. It was bad.RedWolves_

That isn't Ashley Greene who played Alice.

Ashley Greene:

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts

these were the villans

scaary

Mr_Manikin52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mr_Manikin52
Member since 2004 • 12300 Posts

Thinking about Taylor Lautner's rock hard Abs. :P *Man crush*

MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts

these were the villans

scaary

weezyfb

Wow....I am very intimidated....:| I should probably call my mother or something maybe call the cops....

RedWolves_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RedWolves_
I busted out laughing in the theater when Edward says, "You're like my own brand of heroine." I thought I was going to get jumped by a bunch of raving Twilight fangirls.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
I honestly don't think it's that bad... I watched it with my girlfriend at the time, we liked it well enough. I think alot of people are just jumping on the bandwagon when they so vehemently hate on it. Should also be taken into considerationt that we really aren't the target audience... It's aimed at female reader/viewers.... I'd MUCH rather watch Twilight then the other garabage my girlfriend watched. Confession of a Shopaholic? Really?
neyney23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 neyney23
Member since 2009 • 67 Posts
The movie is just in embarrassment to all vampire movies, i mean come one he glitters in the sunlight and runs like he is handicapped, 30 Days of Night was much better than it, if feel sorry for those who like it.
vdastampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 vdastampede
Member since 2003 • 807 Posts

Somebody said "hey lets take everything cool about vampires and instead turn them into angsty high schoolers." And that pretty much sums up Twilight.

Wings_008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 173

#40 Wings_008
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

i didn't like it's cast, specially that f@g who thinks of him self a vampire

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

I read the books, and I didn't like them, so i'm not going to waste my time on the movies.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

I read the books, and I didn't like them, so i'm not going to waste my time on the movies.

ShuichiChamp24
I attempted to read the first book once....very poorly written. I would say the movies actually have more value then the books.
imthemostwanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 imthemostwanted

[QUOTE="imthemostwanted"][QUOTE="RedWolves_"] The werewolves looks very fake though. RedWolves_

Meh... I disagree. I love werewolves in any form but I've always enjoyed the stories where they become actual wolves. I think the whole man-wolf thing is really silly unless they can do it right.

like this

CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CreasianDevaili
[QUOTE="weezyfb"]

these were the villans

scaary

Thats the scene i stumbled in on! Playing some kind of stupid baseball game. Seriously, that part reminded me of the serious "acting" in the power rangers when i was a teenager.
Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
sparkly vampires=FAIL and i still haven't seen the movie....
Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts
It's only good if watched with the rifftrax.
xionvalkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 xionvalkyrie
Member since 2008 • 3444 Posts

Some people hate it cause they genuinely don't like it, I would say alot more people hate it because they think its cool to hate it...

henzolorenzo

Your sig makes me lulz.

Penguinchow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Penguinchow
Member since 2006 • 1629 Posts

I very much approve of the way this actress looks :oops:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 avatar_genius
Member since 2009 • 8056 Posts
No, I actually liked the Twilight movie.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#50 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Really enjoyed the movie. It was very romantic and beautifully photographed. Also the structure of the story works much better as a film than the novel. A lot of the stuff about Bella guessing Mr. Ed is a vampire is fast tracked in the film, which works well because we already know what he is.