Are People Born G@Y?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NerubianWeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NerubianWeaver
Member since 2010 • 2046 Posts

So OT, do you think being gay is a choice or the person is born already gay There hasn't been any conclusive study about gay gene if it exists or not but a lot of people argues that it's genetic and can been also seen on animals. There are people who also believe that being gay is a choice and person can choose not to be gay What say you OT?

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
Nah its a choice obviously...for girls anyway...
black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 black_cat19
Member since 2006 • 8212 Posts

I believe it is part genetics, and part upbringing and life experiences. It's certainly not a conscious choice or something that can be "corrected", though.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
Do people choose to be straight?
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Aliens

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#6 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts

I am sure there is some genetic component to attraction if not its probably aliens

LORD_BLACKGULT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LORD_BLACKGULT
Member since 2006 • 947 Posts

It is an irrefutable fact that the evils of atheism cause people to be gay.

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
It's a disease. Being around other gay people will encourage the cells in your body to turn gay turning you gay too.
damojeebs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 damojeebs
Member since 2010 • 179 Posts

lolz at the churchies that voted it was a curse from god.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

i think people are born that way,hell some people are born bi.it's a interesting argument

Nah its a choice obviously...for girls anyway...MgamerBD
thats quite ignorant

black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 black_cat19

It's a disease. Being around other gay people will encourage the cells in your body to turn gay turning you gay too. SilverChimera

Is there some sort of "moderate" exposure where you end up becoming bisexual? Because if there is, I'm totally having my girlfriend hang out with lesbians more often. :D

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts
I'm not so entirely convinced sexual attraction is 100% genetic, I think it's probably a combination of factors, probably including genetics but also sociological factors, like maybe we're all born bi but social pressure makes us go one way or another, or maybe relationships and events in our life shape our sexuality later on, I just don't think our sexuality hinders on one things. I think there's pressure from the gay community and supporters to say it's all genetic because on the other hand the anti-gay people think that it's something that can be treated, or set right, and I'm against that, but I feel there's pressure to say it's entirely genetic based off the opposition to gay lifestyles.
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SilverChimera

[QUOTE="SilverChimera"]It's a disease. Being around other gay people will encourage the cells in your body to turn gay turning you gay too. black_cat19

Is there some sort of "moderate" exposure where you end up becoming bisexual? Because if there is, I'm totally having my girlfriend hang out with lesbians more often. :D

Everyone knows that bisexuals are just people who caught the gay but haven't come to terms with it yet.
AngryMcBeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AngryMcBeaver
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
If you're attracted to the opposite sex why would you date and sleep with someone of the same sex? It makes no sense for it to be a "choice".
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
It's a choice, I can have sex with dudes if I wanted.
black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 black_cat19

[QUOTE="black_cat19"]

[QUOTE="SilverChimera"]It's a disease. Being around other gay people will encourage the cells in your body to turn gay turning you gay too. SilverChimera

Everyone knows that bisexuals are just people who caught the gay but haven't come to terms with it yet.

Damn! There go my chances of a threesome. :(

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts

i think people are born that way,hell some people are born bi.it's a interesting argument [QUOTE="MgamerBD"]Nah its a choice obviously...for girls anyway...almasdeathchild

thats quite ignorant

You'll be alright :)

Ziek-AAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ziek-AAT
Member since 2008 • 717 Posts

Choice, you decide if you want to suck that cock or not.

punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

its choice, the person is born with a very soft side and at age, he/she chooses. my 6th grade class teacher is soft like those streotypes but he have a wife and a few kids, so its defenetly choice.

black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 black_cat19

It's a choice, I can have sex with dudes if I wanted.Fightingfan

But you don't want to because you don't find them attractive, which leads you to CHOOSE not to have sex with them. It's not rocket science. :|

By the way, if you tell me I'm wrong and you would sleep with a male, that doesn't mean I'm wrong, it just makes you bisexual.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Probably, but it doesn't really matter if it is genetics or choice, people should be able to **** whatever they like.
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SilverChimera
You heard it here first folks. What gender you're attracted to is your choice.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]It's a choice, I can have sex with dudes if I wanted.black_cat19

But you don't want to because you don't find them attractive, which leads you to CHOOSE not to have sex with them. It's not rocket science. :|

By the way, if you tell me I'm wrong and you would sleep with a male, that doesn't mean I'm wrong, it just makes you bisexual.

I don't know..., if Rosie O'donnell was the last women on earth, I might just have sex with a man.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Fightingfan
I take that back, ill just have sex with myself.
black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 black_cat19

[QUOTE="black_cat19"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

Fightingfan

I don't know..., if Rosie O'donnell was the last women on earth, I might just have sex with a man.

If that were the case I would just settle for my hand, I find males to be just a little less disgusting than Rossie O'donnell, but not by much. :P

I take that back, ill just have sex with myself.Fightingfan

Ah, I see you have come to your senses. :P

xXShortroundXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xXShortroundXx
Member since 2011 • 1807 Posts

Ziek-AAT
But you don't get to decide if you like it.
EntropyWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 EntropyWins
Member since 2010 • 1209 Posts

I don't believe people are hard wired gay or straight at birth.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#29 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

[QUOTE="Ziek-AAT"]

xXShortroundXx

But you don't get to decide if you like it.

That's up to Mr. Daniels.

Seraphy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Seraphy-
Member since 2011 • 1562 Posts
iunno about it being a choice but I heard that if you tilt your head back and act like you're shaking salt onto your tongue and your brain doesn't register the taste still, you're actually gay
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#31 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15997 Posts

I don't think anyone is born gay nor do I think it's a choice. Few even know what their sexuality is until they reach puberty and some take even longer because they're in denial about it. While I can't present any scientific evidence for this, I think a person's sexuality develops from childhood until puberty and that it can be affected [to some degree] by the conditions they were raised in (like which parent they were closer to).

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lonelynight

I don't think anyone is born gay nor do I think it's a choice. Few even know what their sexuality is until they reach puberty and some take even longer because they're in denial about it. While I can't present any scientific evidence for this, I think a person's sexuality develops from childhood until puberty and that it can be affected [to some degree] by the conditions they were raised in (like which parent they were closer to).

dracula_16
How would you explain people who are gay but was raised in an environment that was hostiles to gays?
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

It's a choice, I can have sex with dudes if I wanted.Fightingfan

I doubt that.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dracula_16

[QUOTE="dracula_16"]

Lonelynight

How would you explain people who are gay but was raised in an environment that was hostiles to gays?

I can't explain that. (Insert Bill O'reilly joke here)

Maybe a combination of a basic curiousity towards the same sex, along with something to do with his/her parent(s), but that's just a guess.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tenaka2

[QUOTE="Lonelynight"][QUOTE="dracula_16"]

dracula_16

Maybe a combination of a basic curiousity towards the same sex, along with something to do with his/her parent(s), but that's just a guess.

Where does the fact that homosexuality is rampant in many other species in nature fit into your reasoning?

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dracula_16

Where does the fact that homosexuality is rampant in many other species in nature fit into your reasoning?

tenaka2

I don't know how homosexuality develops in other animals, nor do I think it's relevant to how it develops in humans. I don't see humans as 'just another animal' because the Qur'an says that God made mankind as His vicegerents on earth. There are similarities between humans and other animals, but there is also a profound difference because we have the capacity to understand spiritual things. I've seen no reason to believe that God makes people gay so that's why I'm skeptical about this whole issue.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

dracula_16

I don't know how homosexuality develops in other animals, nor do I think it's relevant to how it develops in humans. I don't see humans as 'just another animal' because the Qur'an says that God made mankind as His vicegerents on earth. There are similarities between humans and other animals, but there is also a profound difference because we have the capacity to understand spiritual things. I've seen no reason to believe that God makes people gay so that's why I'm skeptical about this whole issue.

Ahh I see, sorry I thought your reasoning was based upon some kind of logic and not religious teachings.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lonelynight

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

dracula_16

You seem to have no real reason to believe what you believe, and instead believe so just because a book says so.
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dracula_16

You seem to have no real reason to believe what you believe, and instead believe so just because a book says so.Lonelynight

So if something's in a book, we ought to reject it by default? :P

It's not like I opened up the Qur'an, read one verse and was like "well if this is in an ancient book, it must be true". There's not merely a desire to believe, because it's foolish to live by wishful thinking. At any rate, this is another topic altogether, and I don't want to de-rail this thread.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tenaka2

[QUOTE="Lonelynight"]You seem to have no real reason to believe what you believe, and instead believe so just because a book says so.dracula_16

So if something's in a book, we ought to reject it by default? :P

It's not like I opened up the Qur'an, read one verse and was like "well if this is in an ancient book, it must be true". There's not merely a desire to believe, because it's foolish to live by wishful thinking. At any rate, this is another topic altogether, and I don't want to de-rail this thread.

Still, it would be nice to have your own personal opinion rather then the opinion you have been told to have.

PS2_ROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PS2_ROCKS
Member since 2003 • 4679 Posts

[QUOTE="dracula_16"]

[QUOTE="Lonelynight"] How would you explain people who are gay but was raised in an environment that was hostiles to gays?tenaka2

Most species aren't even self aware. They run on instincts and live to reproduce. Most are attracted to the opposite gender based on scents and sounds. I would assume any homosexual animal is just very misguided. Give me some examples anyways, because I had no idea it was rampant as you say.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#42 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

It's not genetics but perhaps the person is born with a type of personality that provokes homosexuallity?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tenaka2

Most species aren't even self aware. They run on instincts and live to reproduce. Most are attracted to the opposite gender based on scents and sounds. I would assume any homosexual animal is just very misguided. Give me some examples anyways, because I had no idea it was rampant as you say.PS2_ROCKS

sex isnt just for reproduction

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

Homosexual behavior in animals refers to the documented evidence of homosexual and bisexual behavior in non-human species. Such behaviors include sex, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting among same sex animals. A 1999 review by researcher Bruce Bagemihl shows that homosexual behavior has been observed in close to 1,500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, and is well documented for 500 of them

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

What does this thread have... oh yes the good ol' false dichotomy between "by choice" and "from birth" and the misinterpretation of the term homosexual (desires vs acting on them).

StRaItJaCkEt36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 StRaItJaCkEt36
Member since 2011 • 551 Posts

It's a personality disorder caused by environmental factors that have degenerated specific structures of a persons genetics. it's not a choice, but people aren't born that way either. It's something that happens to them after they're born. Like getting sick.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#46 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

It's a personality disorder caused by environmental factors that have degenerated specific structures of a persons genetics. it's not a choice, but people aren't born that way either. It's something that happens to them after they're born. Like getting sick.

StRaItJaCkEt36

Yes, all gay people are clearly sick and require medical attention.

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

I doubt anyone here can answer that question with a reasonable amount of credibility.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

StRaItJaCkEt36
Brush up on a little science there chap.
StRaItJaCkEt36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 StRaItJaCkEt36
[QUOTE="StRaItJaCkEt36"]

DroidPhysX
Brush up on a little science there chap.

where is your science that shows my science is wrong?
StRaItJaCkEt36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 StRaItJaCkEt36

[QUOTE="StRaItJaCkEt36"]

parkurtommo

Yes, all gay people are clearly sick and require medical attention.

not all sick people require medical attention