Anyone here a bodybuilder or weight lifter?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 D3nnyCrane
Member since 2007 • 12058 Posts

Ye I tried some of those I hated using them :( just found it uncomfortable which is wierd because I love rowing machines...wigan_gamer

Just remembered an awesome way to get your upper body done - get hand weights and do weight boxing - basically just like shadow boxing except your hands are weights. Only recommend it as an intermediate/advanced exercise though as it is very intensive and has potential for ligament damage at beginning levels.

sk8ter33157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 sk8ter33157
Member since 2003 • 3606 Posts
Ive just started lifting this summer. Ive been taking prescribed anabolic steroids and after a week I swear I can feel a strenght increase
makchady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#53 makchady
Member since 2007 • 1292 Posts
"Anyone here a badybuilder or weight lifter?"- in a gaming forum lol
The_Mac_Daddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 The_Mac_Daddy
Member since 2008 • 2401 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Mac_Daddy"][QUOTE="muffincakes87"]

I'm only sixteen but I not really into lifting. It summer so I have been running alot lately. 4 times a week at max and when I'm not I'm shotting hoops on my days off.

Anyways I really wanna start building muscles. Does anyone know a good workout plan from a website or maginze or anything like that? I have no idea where to begin.

muffincakes87

Google "Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength". Best program for beginners (or anybody) looking to build strength and muscle.

I'm guessing this is what you meant.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=712752

Seems like I can stick to this rountine.

Check out www.startingstrengthwiki.com

^^^ Tons of good info there. All you need.

and yeah, thats it. Only thing, that guy modified the routine some. It's not the original routine. The original is:

Workout A:

Squats: 3 sets of 5 reps

Bench Press: 3 sets of 5 reps

Deadlifts: 1 set of 5 reps

Workout B:

Overhead presses: 3 sets of 5 reps

Power Cleans: 5 sets of 3 reps (yes, that's right.. 5 sets of 3 reps. not a typo).

Workout A again.

You want to do, for example Workout A on monday, then B on wenesday, then A again on friday. Get your two days rest (sat. and sun.), then start with the opposite on monday. Meaning, Mon: workout B, then A, then B.

You also want to do some warmup sets before each workout. You can find a chart on it for this program, but it's basically 2 warm up sets with the bar for 5 reps. Then one with a little weight on for 5 reps, then more wight for 4 reps, then more weight for 3 reps, then last warmup set is somewhat close to your "working sets" for only 2 reps. Working sets mean your actual workout sets... the 3 sets of 5.

The point of the program is progression. You want to start the program light, and add weight each time you workout.

^ That was a very very basic outline.

john_doe2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 john_doe2
Member since 2006 • 948 Posts

I'm only sixteen but I not really into lifting. It summer so I have been running alot lately. 4 times a week at max and when I'm not I'm shotting hoops on my days off.

Anyways I really wanna start building muscles. Does anyone know a good workout plan from a website or maginze or anything like that? I have no idea where to begin.

muffincakes87

Just go to bodybuilding.com and read up on training, nutrition, and supplementation and then you will be on your way to huge muscle gains!

heyfunboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 heyfunboy
Member since 2005 • 667 Posts

I have been lifting for about one and a half years and I have put on some good size and strength. Nothing particularly too spectacular yet. My arms are now about 15 1/4 inches in circumference flexed and I weigh about 190 lbs. I want to get my arms up to 18 inches and get my bodyfat levels around 6% to 8%.

I love weight lifting. Perhaps even more than gaming. I love the feeling of the pump. I love it when my biceps feel like they're about to explode out of my skin. It's just so awesome! And you feel good about your body and people give you compliments about your good physique. I just love it!

john_doe2

Try doing lower body. Something tells me that you have a very weak lower body.

Fele7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Fele7
Member since 2008 • 515 Posts

I do pull ups , and bicep and tricep excersises - but i definately .. DEFINATELY know for a fact - your succes is 30% of work and 10% of genetics while 60% is what you eat. What i do ? i drink like about 10 or more raw eggs a day . Everyone sees that i`m buff now even though all i did was varying pushups to different levels and stuff.

I started when i just got at the age of 16 at the time i weighted a really skinny - 118 lbs . Right now - 172 lbs. Aint using no protein gainers , amino acids or anything raw eggs thats all. p.s i did grew up to 179-180cm , then a year ago i was 172 cm at 118 lbs .

All everyone need to gain muscle is to maintain your will .

muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 muffincakes87
Member since 2008 • 3913 Posts
[QUOTE="muffincakes87"][QUOTE="The_Mac_Daddy"][QUOTE="muffincakes87"]

The_Mac_Daddy

Google "Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength". Best program for beginners (or anybody) looking to build strength and muscle.

I'm guessing this is what you meant.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=712752

Seems like I can stick to this rountine.

Check out www.startingstrengthwiki.com

^^^ Tons of good info there. All you need.

and yeah, thats it. Only thing, that guy modified the routine some. It's not the original routine. The original is:

Workout A:

Bench Press: 3 sets of 5 reps

Deadlifts: 1 set of 5 reps

Workout B:

Overhead presses: 3 sets of 5 reps

Power Cleans: 5 sets of 3 reps (yes, that's right.. 5 sets of 3 reps. not a typo).

Workout A again.

You want to do, for example Workout A on monday, then B on wenesday, then A again on friday. Get your two days rest (sat. and sun.), then start with the opposite on monday. Meaning, Mon: workout B, then A, then B.

You also want to do some warmup sets before each workout. You can find a chart on it for this program, but it's basically 2 warm up sets with the bar for 5 reps. Then one with a little weight on for 5 reps, then more wight for 4 reps, then more weight for 3 reps, then last warmup set is somewhat close to your "working sets" for only 2 reps. Working sets mean your actual workout sets... the 3 sets of 5.

The point of the program is progression. You want to start the program light, and add weight each time you workout.

^ That was a very very basic outline.

I just checked it. This will be really helpful to me cause all the stuff I need is already in my house and I have the time to do all of them.

I'm a little worried on the power cleans because one of my friends got hurt by one of those. Been reading the techniques on it, watching youtube videos, and all do the warm ups so I should be fine.

muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 muffincakes87
Member since 2008 • 3913 Posts

I do pull ups , and bicep and tricep excersises - but i definately .. DEFINATELY know for a fact - your succes is 30% of work and 10% of genetics while 60% is what you eat. What i do ? i drink like about 10 or more raw eggs a day . Everyone sees that i`m buff now even though all i did was varying pushups to different levels and stuff.

I started when i just got at the age of 16 at the time i weighted a really skinny - 118 lbs . Right now - 172 lbs. Aint using no protein gainers , amino acids or anything raw eggs thats all. p.s i did grew up to 179-180cm , then a year ago i was 172 cm at 118 lbs .

Fele7

Aren't raw eggs bad for you? Can't even imagine the taste.

I do plan to eat more protein when I start my routine though.

SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SimpJee
Member since 2002 • 18309 Posts
I just got a weight set, have yet to clean it up (bought it in great condition used on craigslist) but it should be ready for next week. So I will become a weight lifter next week, I plan on getting my arms ...good god 15 inches flexed? That's insane ...
SquirtoMaximo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 SquirtoMaximo
Member since 2008 • 304 Posts
[QUOTE="Fele7"]

muffincakes87

Aren't raw eggs bad for you? Can't even imagine the taste.

I do plan to eat more protein when I start my routine though.

Egg whites are very good- ditch the yoke though.

john_doe2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 john_doe2
Member since 2006 • 948 Posts
[QUOTE="john_doe2"]

I have been lifting for about one and a half years and I have put on some good size and strength. Nothing particularly too spectacular yet. My arms are now about 15 1/4 inches in circumference flexed and I weigh about 190 lbs. I want to get my arms up to 18 inches and get my bodyfat levels around 6% to 8%.

I love weight lifting. Perhaps even more than gaming. I love the feeling of the pump. I love it when my biceps feel like they're about to explode out of my skin. It's just so awesome! And you feel good about your body and people give you compliments about your good physique. I just love it!

heyfunboy

Try doing lower body. Something tells me that you have a very weak lower body.

I don't know where you got that assumption. I train every body part including my legs and I do squats religiously.

strayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 strayzilla
Member since 2004 • 560 Posts

Fele7

Well that works to a point. Diet is a HUGE part of your workout. Right now you're light enough to be able to get away with 10 eggs a day. Where you should only be having 2 yolks. There comes a point when you really have to switch to Protein powders unless you want to cook constantly.

I'm 6`5 292lbs and have to take in at least 292 grams of protein a day just to keep my mass and keep my body healing. And if I feel like making my body bigger, I'd literally have to take in 1 1 /2 grams for every lb I weight. Thats a minimum for 41 eggs a day. And thats working out 2 hours a day 6 days a week.

I can have all the will in the world, If I'm not feeding and repairing my body as I go, it won't grow.

Right now with my elbow injury I've cycled off my suppliment stack. I went from taking 25 pills a day to zero. Took like 1 1/2 weeks until I didn't feel like garbage. Taking creatines and proteins, and amino acids allow you to work out longer and harder and allow your body to heal faster. But of course if you're not interested in gaining huge mass, it doesn't matter.

Zentrenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64 Zentrenius
Member since 2006 • 1593 Posts
I'm not a body-builder by any means, but I use free-weights a good bit, among other excersises. I hate working out, but I hate not doing it more.
strayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 strayzilla
Member since 2004 • 560 Posts

I never really got the "hate working out" feeling. Yeah, anyone will tell you that the first month is absolute hell on your body. But after that, it feels good and becomes something you need.

I dunno about anyone else, but if I take 2 days off the gym I start to feel kinda sick. Just used to the huge endorphine rush and having the pump all the time. It's pretty addictive.

Zentrenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66 Zentrenius
Member since 2006 • 1593 Posts

I never really got the "hate working out" feeling. Yeah, anyone will tell you that the first month is absolute hell on your body. But after that, it feels good and becomes something you need.

I dunno about anyone else, but if I take 2 days off the gym I start to feel kinda sick. Just used to the huge endorphine rush and having the pump all the time. It's pretty addictive.

strayzilla

Funny. I've been doing it for two years.