Anyone else completely desensitized?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StealthedRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StealthedRogue
Member since 2006 • 1341 Posts

I just came to this conclusion when I saw this picture a few minutes ago involving parasitic worms burrowing a large hole into some portion of some part of the human body and I wasnt shocked or repulsed a tiny bit...

I think I need to take a break from the internet for real. Life isnt as fun when you dont experience these basic feelings. I almost feel "gross" emotionally because of it.

Man this kinda sucks, anyone else feel this way or felt this way?

Notsogr8one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Notsogr8one
Member since 2004 • 3739 Posts
It's just medical training, that's what it is
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
I couldn't stop laughing when I went to go see Rambo tonight. I think I may be a little desensitized.
blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blooddemon666
Member since 2003 • 22587 Posts
I'm desensitized to a lot of things, due to the fact that I frequent the cesspool of the internet.
inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 inyourface_12
Member since 2006 • 14757 Posts
no that would freak the crap outta me
StealthedRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 StealthedRogue

It's just medical training, that's what it isNotsogr8one

Haha now that you mention it, when I was younger I would always say I couldnt be a MD because I'm afraid of blood. Maybe I should rethink that. :P

StealthedRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 StealthedRogue

I'm desensitized to a lot of things, due to the fact that I frequent the cesspool of the internet.blooddemon666

Im probably visiting the same pool unfortunatly.

jmorey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 jmorey01
Member since 2004 • 2637 Posts
I know how you feel, when I watch a horror movie or something else involving a bunch of killing and blood with girls, they always freak out and I always look at them like they're stupid because I don't understand why they freak out.
martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 martialbullet
Member since 2006 • 10948 Posts

I'm desensitized to a lot of things. Gore and death? not yet, but close........

Mystic_Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mystic_Legend
Member since 2005 • 960 Posts
I'd say that I am. If you've seen a mass array of shock sites you'll be desensitized.
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts

[QUOTE="blooddemon666"]I'm desensitized to a lot of things, due to the fact that I frequent the cesspool of the internet.StealthedRogue

You can get polio from community pools, so watch out.
sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sarmini
Member since 2007 • 2420 Posts
Eh, depends what I see. If its an actual deap person then I get grossed out but if its a nasty cartoon then I dont care.
Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Yeah you could say, some what. They have so many shows on tv and infinite gross things to see over the internet, that when you see something nowadays, you won't be as shock as somebody who didn't see the same things you've seen.

Avatar image for Kritical_Strike
Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Kritical_Strike
Member since 2006 • 4123 Posts

I would say someone it totally desensitized if he/she can watch one of those terrorist decapitation videow without flinching or being repulsed or disturbed etc.

So TC, unless you can do that, you are not totally desensitized :wink:

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts
The internet sure hasnt helped.
sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sarmini
Theres only 2 things that I cant handle on here. Its 2 things out of a list of 5, and thank god I havent seen the other 3.
StealthedRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 StealthedRogue

I would say someone it totally desensitized if he/she can watch one of those terrorist decapitation videow without flinching or being repulsed or disturbed etc.

Kritical_Strike

Trust me when I say that I have seen worse with less reaction...

Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kritical_Strike
[QUOTE="Kritical_Strike"]

StealthedRogue

Trust me when I say that I have seen worse with less reaction...

Then there is something very wrong with you, just watch public TV for a few days and it should wear off.

blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 blooddemon666
[QUOTE="StealthedRogue"]

[QUOTE="blooddemon666"]I'm desensitized to a lot of things, due to the fact that I frequent the cesspool of the internet.quiglythegreat

You can get polio from community pools, so watch out.

well, the pool's closed ;)

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts

Yes I'm guilty of being desensitized. If I can tell myself that no-one is actually dying then I can stomach most anything. BME and 2 girls 1 cup cracked me up and I laughed my way through the saw series (can't wait for Rambo). The last thing I remember being a little revolted by was the level one machete execution in the original manhunt- but I got over that one quickly.

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 domatron23

Kritical_Strike

Well I morally object to videos like that but I heard that it was pretty tame compared to some of the stuff in hollywood. Apart from the horrible fact that a man is dying how gruesome is it?

Wetall_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wetall_basic
Member since 2003 • 4086 Posts
To violence,people being shot,decapitated,hanged,electircuted,falling deaths,death by lethal gasses,gore,blood,disembowlment,and dismemberment. Yeah,I'm pretty desensitized by this point. The only thing is children. Never will that become something I can look on impassively.
sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sarmini

Yes I'm guilty of being desensitized. If I can tell myself that no-one is actually dying then I can stomach most anything. BME and 2 girls 1 cup cracked me up and I laughed my way through the saw series (can't wait for Rambo). The last thing I remember being a little revolted by was the level one machete execution in the original manhunt- but I got over that one quickly.

domatron23
I dont know about BME but I heard about 2G1C and my friend went to the site and he got sick from it, he can handle most stuff but that right there makes me NEVER want to see it. I heard that they have "sequels" to it also, thats just disgusting.
Mystic_Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mystic_Legend
Member since 2005 • 960 Posts
[QUOTE="domatron23"]

sarmini

I dont know about BME but I heard about 2G1C and my friend went to the site and he got sick from it, he can handle most stuff but that right there makes me NEVER want to see it. I heard that they have "sequels" to it also, thats just disgusting.

Your friend should never look at BME.

Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Kritical_Strike
[QUOTE="Kritical_Strike"]

domatron23

Well I morally object to videos like that but I heard that it was pretty tame compared to some of the stuff in hollywood. Apart from the horrible fact that a man is dying how gruesome is it?

That's exactly it. It is a real human life. No matter how horrible a Hollywood movie is, it's never real, you can always assure yourself that no one is really getting hurt. But that video was like no other, you can actually see him die (apparently), as blood gushes from his jugular. It's the most horrible thing I'm glad I've never seen (i've seen a snippet of it).

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 domatron23
[QUOTE="sarmini"][QUOTE="domatron23"]

Mystic_Legend

Your friend should never look at BME.

Yeah I'll go with what he said. There are a lot worse things out there than 2g1c, I think it scored 6th or 7th on my list of gross things I have seen on the internet.

The_Fat_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Fat_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 221 Posts

domatron23

I am somewhat like you in that fact. As long as nobody dies or gets seriously hurt, then I do not care, but I have yet to seen a snuff tape or even the BME pain olympics or anything similiar because I throw-up the second I see ANYTHING involving murder. I on time visited "the site that shall not be named" and I saw a really disturbing picture and I immediately wiped my harddrive clean and did a complete reinstall of windows just to make sure that picture was gone :(. I am still an internet virgin and I want to stay that way :).

Guiltfeeder566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Guiltfeeder566
Member since 2005 • 10068 Posts
Yep, I see people blown in half on the news and history channel and don't give it a second thought.
domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 domatron23
[QUOTE="domatron23"]

The_Fat_Gamer

I am somewhat like you in that fact. As long as nobody dies or gets seriously hurt, then I do not care, but I have yet to seen a snuff tape or even the BME pain olympics or anything similiar because I throw-up the second I see ANYTHING involving murder. I on time visited "the site that shall not be named" and I saw a really disturbing picture and I immediately wiped my harddrive clean and did a complete reinstall of windows just to make sure that picture was gone :(. I am still an internet virgin and I want to stay that way :).

Stay away from the snuff stuff, it's really uncool. Oh and yes /b/ has some truly nasty stuff sometimes. Well I think I'll post my list of freaky stuff I seen, I want to see who can beat me.

In order of grossness it's:

Bifurcated penises, hatchet vs genitals, footage of a guy being flung out of a car at high speed only to be run over at landing, news footage of a dude getting his legs shot off, /b/ imagery, autopsy video, kids in a sandbox, prolapse, 2 girls 1 finger, 2 girls 1 cup, a man having sex with a crab, abortion shock pictures, gif of a pig getting its head chainsaed off, 2 girls fingerpaint, goatse tubgirl genital pumps gone wrong, lemonparty, harlequinn babies, bunny dance.

Oh by the way don't google any of that people. It's really nasty.

-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#30 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
I'm not totally desensitized, but I'm getting there.
Wetall_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Wetall_basic
[QUOTE="The_Fat_Gamer"][QUOTE="domatron23"]

domatron23

Stay away from the snuff stuff, it's really uncool. Oh and yes /b/ has some truly nasty stuff sometimes. Well I think I'll post my list of freaky stuff I seen, I want to see who can beat me.

Bifurcated penises, hatchet vs genitals, footage of a guy being flung out of a car at high speed only to be run over at landing, news footage of a dude getting his legs shot off, /b/ imagery, autopsy video, kids in a sandbox, prolapse, 2 girls 1 finger, 2 girls 1 cup, a man having sex with a crab, abortion shock pictures, gif of a pig getting its head chainsaed off, 2 girls fingerpaint, goatse tubgirl lemonparty, harlequinn babies, bunny dance.

Of course if you want a fast track to desensitization,then google them all and tape your eyes open.
Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#32 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts
Yeah, I go to ****ing /b/. (in b4 rules 1 & 2)
domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 domatron23

Bifurcated penises, hatchet vs genitals, footage of a guy being flung out of a car at high speed only to be run over at landing, news footage of a dude getting his legs shot off, /b/ imagery, autopsy video, kids in a sandbox, prolapse, 2 girls 1 finger, 2 girls 1 cup, a man having sex with a crab, abortion shock pictures, gif of a pig getting its head chainsaed off, 2 girls fingerpaint, goatse tubgirl lemonparty, harlequinn babies, bunny dance.

Wetall_basic

Of course if you want a fast track to desensitization,then google them all and tape your eyes open.

You heard him The_Fat_Gamer. Get busy.

The_Fat_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 The_Fat_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 221 Posts
[QUOTE="Wetall_basic"]Stay away from the snuff stuff, it's really uncool. Oh and yes /b/ has some truly nasty stuff sometimes. Well I think I'll post my list of freaky stuff I seen, I want to see who can beat me.

domatron23

You heard him The_Fat_Gamer. Get busy.

Naw, I think I'm good. Thanks anyways ;).

jkmetalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 jkmetalf
Member since 2005 • 775 Posts

I just came to this conclusion when I saw this picture a few minutes ago involving parasitic worms burrowing a large hole into some portion of some part of the human body and I wasnt shocked or repulsed a tiny bit...

I think I need to take a break from the internet for real. Life isnt as fun when you dont experience these basic feelings. I almost feel "gross" emotionally because of it.

Man this kinda sucks, anyone else feel this way or felt this way?

StealthedRogue

repeat after me, I must leave 4 chan, I must leave 4 chan

blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blooddemon666

repeat after me, I must leave 4 chan, I must leave 4 chan

jkmetalf

rules 1 and 2 :x

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Desensitized to what? The world or the internet? There are still some things in the real world that would probably affect me but when it comes to the internet, I am a regular denizen of the literal "holes" or "dives" that many people like myself frequent.
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts
I'm desensitized from a lot of things, mainly due to the internet lol. I've been playing games for a long time too, and I have no problem whatsoever seeing violent images of people's heads getting shot off, bodies exploding, etc, but any footage of surgery like needles makes me uneasy. It's so weird lol.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#39 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I think its a good thing to be desensitised.
Herrdoktor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Herrdoktor
Member since 2002 • 17253 Posts

Come to a few of the scenes I go to every night on the street.

That will desensitize you real quick.

Sushimaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sushimaster
Member since 2003 • 2671 Posts

Look at it like this. At least you know you wont freak out if someone really needs your help. Like if your best friend suffered from a compound fracture. Wouldn't you feel pretty bad if you just quivered for a few seconds, let out a loud squeal, and fainted? Meanwhile, your friend dies from shock, in the middle of the woods, on what was supposed to be a "weekend getaway".

Wetall_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Wetall_basic
I'm desensitized from a lot of things, mainly due to the internet lol. I've been playing games for a long time too, and I have no problem whatsoever seeing violent images of people's heads getting shot off, bodies exploding, etc, but any footage of surgery like needles makes me uneasy. It's so weird lol.CJL182

That's not really weird,I used to be the same way. Anything to do with needles or like eyes being punctured completely grossed me out. At least for the surgury part,it's not quick,like say a head being blown off,but a slow process of cutting. With all the movies and television shows featureing true to life depictions of these things though,I've gotten over it.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

I know how you feel, when I watch a horror movie or something else involving a bunch of killing and blood with girls, they always freak out and I always look at them like they're stupid because I don't understand why they freak out.jmorey01

haha...so true

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

Kritical_Strike

I laugh when I see that stuff. Only because I know it disturbs my friends when I show it to them. Oh well.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I've been playing games for a long time too, and I have no problem whatsoever seeing violent images of people's heads getting shot off, bodies exploding, etc.CJL182

Witnessing something in a game is much different from witnessing on the internet as much as it is different from witnessing in real life.

You are telling me, that you could witness, in REAL LIFE, someone going through the agony of being beheaded and come out as you do from a game? Either you have never actually witnessed that in real life or you are stepping beyond your bounds in terms of exaggeration.

I laugh at things on the internet all the time... but to witness some of those in real life? That would tear me up inside.
JID_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JID_88
Member since 2006 • 351 Posts

[QUOTE="CJL182"]I've been playing games for a long time too, and I have no problem whatsoever seeing violent images of people's heads getting shot off, bodies exploding, etc.foxhound_fox

Witnessing something in a game is much different from witnessing on the internet as much as it is different from witnessing in real life.

You are telling me, that you could witness, in REAL LIFE, someone going through the agony of being beheaded and come out as you do from a game? Either you have never actually witnessed that in real life or you are stepping beyond your bounds in terms of exaggeration.

I laugh at things on the internet all the time... but to witness some of those in real life? That would tear me up inside.

Your right it's not even close to being the same i play ultra violent video games all the time and then only watched 1 video of someone being beheaded and it actually made me sick...it was pure evil

Sushimaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sushimaster
Member since 2003 • 2671 Posts
Lots of things tear me up inside. If I saw something happen in real life. I would know how to deal with the mental strain. To me, there is no difference between seeing something in real life and watching a video. I feel the same because it still hurts me deeply to see that kind of violence. It's simple really, I won't allow myself to be affected by a feeble attempt to scare me. I would rather stay clear headed.
JID_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JID_88
Member since 2006 • 351 Posts

Lots of things tear me up inside. If I saw something happen in real life. I would know how to deal with the mental strain. To me, there is no difference between seeing something in real life and watching a video. I feel the same because it still hurts me deeply to see that kind of violence. It's simple really, I won't allow myself to be affected by a feeble attempt to scare me. I would rather stay clear headed.Sushimaster

Good Idea...

Putzwapputzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 Putzwapputzen
Member since 2005 • 4462 Posts
wow, im not desensitized. im glad i didnt lose that feeling :) but yeah i would suggest that you lay off the gore and the surreal movies/tv shows/internet sites. just start watching cartoons and stuff. :) that will get you emotions back.
Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Whicker89
Member since 2004 • 18919 Posts
If you are desensitized, you cannot feel what it feels like to not be able to feel