Anyone else believe in Science AND God?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sarmini
Member since 2007 • 2420 Posts

Does anybody else believe in a Higher Being creating Humans, but also believe that Science plays a big role in our lives?

I dont know if this is a specific belief or not, but I was just wondering. Its why I got the bar in my sig that has part of the Cross and Believer in my sig. Believe, because I dont follow a particular religion like muslims or christians.

Lol, the reason I asked this is because Ive always refused the belief of a higher being but then somethings just made me start thinking "What in the world, how can this happen?" and that, among other things, kind of pushed me into believing that a God is actually real lol.

Just wondering if anyone else thinks that aswell.

*This is NOT an "Is God Real?!" thread or not. Its just a simple question so please dont think Im asking that lol.

Napster06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Napster06
Member since 2004 • 5659 Posts
Yeah. I believe in both. Science can explain to a certain extent. But after that it you start thinking 'there must be a higher being creating all this'
cell1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 cell1138
Member since 2006 • 1758 Posts
I do! i have since i was like 6....
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#4 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
I believe in god, but science is a little too much. It seems like everything just works but there is no clear explanation why.
sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sarmini
Yeah. I believe in both. Science can explain to a certain extent. But after that it you start thinking 'there must be a higher being creating all this'Napster06
Exactly! Lol, the reason I asked this is because Ive always refused the belief of a higher being but then somethings just made me start thinking "What in the world, how can this happen?" and that, among other things, kind of pushed me into believing that a God is actually real lol.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
I believe in scientific theory, and i doubt the existence of God.
Cerussite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cerussite
Member since 2007 • 3084 Posts
I believe in god, but science is a little too much. It seems like everything just works but there is no clear explanation why. monkeytoes61
You're a confusing individual.
krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts

I don't understand how the two co-exist

but I completely understand what you're saying and can truly relate.

Science does explain a lot but it just gets to that one point where you don't get any more answers and you're only left with one possible answer and that answer is a god/goddess or a creator etc.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts
yeah i do. idk i always had the idea that God created earth and lets it run on its own(thus the reason for science). every now and then he intervenes, thus the reason we have miracles.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

I believe in god, but science is a little too much. It seems like everything just works but there is no clear explanation why. monkeytoes61

ummm...yes there is. :|

sovereign_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sovereign_22
Member since 2008 • 1190 Posts
nah, im just a man of science
Napster06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Napster06

[QUOTE="Napster06"]Yeah. I believe in both. Science can explain to a certain extent. But after that it you start thinking 'there must be a higher being creating all this'sarmini
Exactly! Lol, the reason I asked this is because Ive always refused the belief of a higher being but then somethings just made me start thinking "What in the world, how can this happen?" and that, among other things, kind of pushed me into believing that a God is actually real lol.

True. Things can't happen randomly. How our Earth is just in the 'perfect' zone in space where its not too hot or cold. And our fingerprints or how the foetus develop from two cells. For all those things to happen randomly, it can't be coincidence. Too big a coincidence for it to happen.

Severed_Hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Severed_Hand
Member since 2007 • 3402 Posts
i leave higher beings as a possibility.
Cerussite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Cerussite

[QUOTE="sarmini"][QUOTE="Napster06"]Yeah. I believe in both. Science can explain to a certain extent. But after that it you start thinking 'there must be a higher being creating all this'Napster06

True. Things can't happen randomly. How our Earth is just in the 'perfect' zone in space where its not too hot or cold. And our fingerprints or how the foetus develop from two cells. For all those things to happen randomly, it can't be coincidence. Too big a coincidence for it to happen.

You're saying that out of the millions of billions of galaxies out there, there was absolutely no chance that at least one planet would have life?
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#16 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]I believe in god, but science is a little too much. It seems like everything just works but there is no clear explanation why. chrisrooR

are you kidding? everything just "works." The explanations are something I could have just thought of off the top of my head.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
Yea I do.. JP2 (John Paul 2) said this exact same thing. That God created humans but he did it through science and that science is in our lives..
wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wemhim
Member since 2005 • 16110 Posts
Everyone believes in science. It's people that don't believe in certain parts of provable science. There's a science to how a fire ends with smoke. There's a science to how a scream in a garage ends with an echo. It's some sciences, like the science of evolution, that certain people just don't dig.
MajorSport

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MajorSport
Member since 2004 • 2148 Posts
I whole-heartedly believe in both. However I don't enjoy mass or Communion or anything that goes with reliigon. I just believe there is a God.
the_crosbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_crosbie
Member since 2007 • 740 Posts
my parents are both science professors and both attend church regularily... i believe in the scientific theory though... if there is a creator of everything, i think it would be a group of gods or overseers
sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sarmini

[QUOTE="sarmini"][QUOTE="Napster06"]Yeah. I believe in both. Science can explain to a certain extent. But after that it you start thinking 'there must be a higher being creating all this'Napster06

I do think Planet Earth got lucky in its placement, but even if Earth wasnt habbitable, then I think God wouldve just found another, and possibly better place to put us IMO. I cant explain the fingerprints, and Ive never heard it explained either, and I watch alot of History and Discover channel :lol: But yea, for the most part I agree
Avatar image for pintabear49blue
pintabear49blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 pintabear49blue
Member since 2007 • 4809 Posts
[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]I believe in god, but science is a little too much. It seems like everything just works but there is no clear explanation why. monkeytoes61

are you kidding? everything just "works." The explanations are something I could have just thought of.

there are many explinations of why things work. Give me an example of what you are talking about?

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
Yes. I don't really relate the two though. Science is based physical evidence and empirical evidence, while religion is more of a theological and philisophical thing. I just don't see the conflict there as long as you don't try to take the bible literally.
Cerussite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cerussite
[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]I believe in god, but science is a little too much. It seems like everything just works but there is no clear explanation why. monkeytoes61

are you kidding? everything just "works." The explanations are something I could have just thought of off the top of my head.

Look, I don't care if you don't believe in science, but at least have a rudimentary ****ing understanding of what theories are actually proposed by science, instead of being stubborn.
Helloiseeu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#25 Helloiseeu
Member since 2007 • 786 Posts
Sciencetific fact owns religon any day.
Napster06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Napster06

You're saying that out of the millions of billions of galaxies out there, there was absolutely no chance that at least one planet would have life? Cerussite

If things happen randomly, then no. Like I said, there must be 'someone' controlling all this.

sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sarmini
I whole-heartedly believe in both. However I don't enjoy mass or Communion or anything that goes with reliigon. I just believe there is a God.MajorSport
Yea. I dont pray at all. I HATE church. I dont like religion much to be honest. It gives people hope, thats all I like about it. I hate it because it inspires war lol. Although thats not the only thing that inspires war, dont think I mean that lol. But yea, I believe and thats as religious that I get.
Cerussite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Cerussite

[QUOTE="Cerussite"]You're saying that out of the millions of billions of galaxies out there, there was absolutely no chance that at least one planet would have life? Napster06

If things happen randomly, then no. Like I said, there must be 'someone' controlling all this.

You don't believe in things happening randomly, then?
Napster06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Napster06
[QUOTE="Napster06"]

[QUOTE="Cerussite"]You're saying that out of the millions of billions of galaxies out there, there was absolutely no chance that at least one planet would have life? Cerussite

I believe things happen for a reason.

dodgerblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dodgerblue13
Member since 2004 • 20846 Posts
I think God created the earth, but it doesn't mean I rule out science being involved afterwards. I truely believe in a higher being. However, some scientific changes could take place. Then again, the Big Man Upstairs could [and most likely does] control those occurances. I don't ever take the side of God created everything as is and that's that, but I don't see myself denying my belief of God.
Cerussite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Cerussite
[QUOTE="Cerussite"][QUOTE="Napster06"]

[QUOTE="Cerussite"]You're saying that out of the millions of billions of galaxies out there, there was absolutely no chance that at least one planet would have life? Napster06

Not all. I believe things happen for a reason.

I was just playing Team Fortress 2. I couldn't choose a class, so I decided to press the random button. I spawned as a Pyro.

Did that happen for a reason?

dodgerblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dodgerblue13

Sciencetific fact owns religon any day.Helloiseeu

Exactly. We obviously evolved from a fish-frog-monkey hybrid thing.

wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wemhim
[QUOTE="Napster06"][QUOTE="Cerussite"][QUOTE="Napster06"]

[QUOTE="Cerussite"]You're saying that out of the millions of billions of galaxies out there, there was absolutely no chance that at least one planet would have life? Cerussite

I was just playing Team Fortress 2. I couldn't choose a class, so I decided to press the random button. I spawned as a Pyro.

Yes, it was a commentary of your life, how you refuse to choose things, you'll just turn your back and let things happen, you're too scared to take advantage of your free will..... :|
Napster06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Napster06

Cerussite

Trivial matters like that are unimportant. But for bigger things, there is

sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sarmini

Lmao.

I NEVER thought I would hear a game, God, and Science mentioned in the same thread. :lol:

mohammad93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mohammad93
Member since 2007 • 2090 Posts
Go ahead and mock me if you want, but this is what I beleive, Allah created the universe in 7(or 6) periods of time, then we live life as a test to god to see if we are truly worthy of going to heaven, if we pass, we go to heaven, if we fail then we go to hell, but with the science part, if you read the Holy Quran english translation, it explains many wodners of earth, and many scientists benifitted from the quran, so that is a science, religion tie in
wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 wemhim

[QUOTE="Helloiseeu"]Sciencetific fact owns religon any day.dodgerblue13

That's not scientific fact. That's still a theory. However, evolution in the sense that our late ancestors couldn't digest lactose is a fact. Also, did you know that gravity is a science? If you honestly don't believe in that, you're a mad man.
Avatar image for pintabear49blue
pintabear49blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 pintabear49blue
Member since 2007 • 4809 Posts
[QUOTE="Napster06"][QUOTE="Cerussite"][QUOTE="Napster06"]

you might become a pyromaniac beause of it...

sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sarmini
Go ahead and mock me if you want, but this is what I beleive, Allah created the universe in 7(or 6) periods of time, then we live life as a test to god to see if we are truly worthy of going to heaven, if we pass, we go to heaven, if we fail then we go to hell, but with the science part, if you read the Holy Quran english translation, it explains many wodners of earth, and many scientists benifitted from the quran, so that is a science, religion tie inmohammad93
Mohammad, Ive never even read the bible, and dont intend to, nor the Quran. Man, youre killing me.
Avatar image for Agustin_Barrios
Agustin_Barrios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Agustin_Barrios
Member since 2007 • 149 Posts
YES! And I hate how people (looking at the thread title) make it seem like it's such an absurd thing to believe in both. I consider them nearly completely irrelevant. I'm no creationist, but I am a Christian. I'm no scientist and I refuse to deny evolution, for I have not studied nearly enough about it to form an opinion on it. Science and Religion are two completely different subjects. Asking your question is like asking "Does anybody believe in Psychology AND Music theory?"
sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sarmini
[QUOTE="dodgerblue13"]

[QUOTE="Helloiseeu"]Sciencetific fact owns religon any day.wemhim

That's not scientific fact. That's still a theory. However, evolution in the sense that our late ancestors couldn't digest lactose is a fact. Also, did you know that gravity is a science? If you honestly don't believe in that, you're a mad man.

Lol, read his previous post, Im pretty sure he's being passed. Im pretty sure its a fact that Humans and Yeast Cells once had a common ancestor. I dont know if thats relevant, I just remember it from Biology last year :)
Cerussite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Cerussite
[QUOTE="Cerussite"]I was just playing Team Fortress 2. I couldn't choose a class, so I decided to press the random button. I spawned as a Pyro.

Napster06

Trivial matters like that are unimportant. But for bigger things, there is

Where's the proof that humanity isn't trivial?
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
Science show's me how good God is at making things.
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
[QUOTE="dodgerblue13"]

Gravity is a theory just like evolution.

dodgerblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dodgerblue13
[QUOTE="dodgerblue13"]

Ehh. My fault. I'm not very clear on the evolution thing and I'm not a science man. I just irritates me that people used to argue with me that that's how we came to be and gave no chance of there being a higher being. I'm shushing from now on about this. :P

Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Whicker89
Member since 2004 • 18919 Posts
ofcourse, I believe in the God of Science =o
Avatar image for DeeJayInphinity
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DeeJayInphinity
Member since 2004 • 13415 Posts
How do you not believe in science? :lol: Anyway, I do not believe in a god of the gaps. Science > theology & religion.
wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 wemhim
[QUOTE="wemhim"][QUOTE="dodgerblue13"]

[QUOTE="Helloiseeu"]Sciencetific fact owns religon any day.laughingman42

Gravity is a theory just like evolution.

You don't believe in gravity?
cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts
Yeah, maybe God created science and through science created the universe as we know it.
ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ElArab
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts
That's EXACTLY what I believe, I just say I'm Agnostic for short, it seems to fit the explenation pretty well.