And I Present the most Overrated Movie of all Time. The Avengers.

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

Holy Shlt this is getting really annoying.

Bad... Ohh wait, no plot.

Lame cheesy cliché dialogue.

Good acting down to downright terrible acting, Samuel J, Agent Maria.

Good pace.

Great Special effects.

Ok fine, it's a fun little summer action flick, it isn't the worse movie of all time but can we get back to reality, it's really not that great.

It's got an 8.8 on IMDB

It's in #29 in the IMDB top 250

I'm about to start killing kittens.

SteverXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SteverXIII
Member since 2010 • 3795 Posts
Cool story bro
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

Floss it out of your vagina noob.

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

There's something that a lot of people like, but I don't?

OVERRATED!!!!!!!

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Eddie-Vedder

Floss it out of your vagina noob.

Rockman999
:lol:
j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts
All the popular movies are freaking overrated in the internet, and all those movies no one ever heard of are the greatest movies of all time, lol, but i know it sucks to be in the minority when evryone loves the movie then theres a few of you who will try to convince people to dislke it
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Eddie-Vedder

OVERRATED!!!!!!!

Jolt_counter119
Bro it isn't even like that, it's an insult to the thousands of movies it's outscoring. It's number 29 on IMDB's top 250, 8.8. W.T.F. You know how many Oscar winning movies, how many masterpieces, works of art had way lower scores? Bro, it's higher then Citizen Kane :( It's an insult to movie enthusiasts everywhere.
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jolt_counter119

[QUOTE="Jolt_counter119"]

OVERRATED!!!!!!!

Eddie-Vedder

Bro it isn't even like that, it's an insult to the thousands of movies it's outscoring. It's number 29 on IMDB's top 250, 8.8. W.T.F. You know how many Oscar winning movies, how many masterpieces, works of art had way lower scores? Bro, it's higher then Citizen Kane :( It's an insult to movie enthusiasts everywhere.

Movies are for entertainment, The Avengers appeals to more people than Citizen Kane whether it's subjectively better or not. If I had to choose right now I'd rather watch The Avengers.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#9 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
It's an insult to movie enthusiasts everywhere. Eddie-Vedder
I just looked it up, 'movie enthusiast' is synonymous with the word 'insufferable'. Isn't that interesting?
Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#10 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

I haven't seen it but I made alot of fanboys cry on the official marvel forums when I posted my plot prediction.

1.5 hours of the "heroes" trash talking and being smart asses with each other with the typical swarmy joss whedon dialogue. 20 min of the team suddenly getting along and defeating the big baddy.

Thats the movie in a nutshell.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Getting attention on the internet in three easy steps:

1: Take something popular and well liked.
2: Tell people it's sh*t and overrated.
3: Wait for guaranteed replies.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="Jolt_counter119"]

OVERRATED!!!!!!!

Jolt_counter119

Movies are for entertainment, The Avengers appeals to more people than Citizen Kane whether it's subjectively better or not. If I had to choose right now I'd rather watch The Avengers.

I understand that, but movies should also be reviewed by movie level standards and not appeal, I mean Twilight has bad scores, and while The Avengers isn't anywhere near Twilight bad it's way over scored. It's like the comic book nerds are breaking the IMBD scale. The site is usually pretty much spot on when it comes to reviews, this is the first time I've seen a movie so overrated, it's just like if the Twilight crowd started using IMDB and overrated it a ton and it made the top 250 list. Then you'd see my point!
drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts
There's as much hyperbole here as there are people saying it's one of the greatest movies of all time. All this thread shows is you being an attention whore.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Eddie-Vedder

I haven't seen it but I made alot of fanboys cry on the official marvel forums when I posted my plot prediction.

1.5 hours of the "heroes" trash talking and being smart asses with each other with the typical swarmy joss whedon dialogue. 20 min of the team suddenly getting along and defeating the big baddy.

Skarwolf
ROFL If you haven't seen it props dude, that's EXACTLY it. That's hilarious.
drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 drinkerofjuice
Also, why the f*ck do you care so much about IMDB's top 250? That thing has always been a joke.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#16 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Skarwolf
You'll probably wake up in the morning and maybe have breakfast, maybe not. Then you'll go be awake for a number of hours, enjoy a couple meals here and there, maybe talk to some people, and then sleep for a while until you do it all again the next day. lol your life is boring.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Eddie-Vedder

Getting attention on the internet in three easy steps:

1: Take something popular and well liked.
2: Tell people it's sh*t and overrated.
3: Wait for guaranteed replies.

Sagem28
[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"]There's as much hyperbole here as there are people saying it's one of the greatest movies of all time. All this thread shows is you being an attention whore.

Oh cry more, I said it wasn't that bad, it's a fun action summer movie, but look at the friggen IMDB page, it's the most overrated film of all time, if you disagree make a claim. Search that top 250 and see if you can find something more undeserving.
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jolt_counter119

I understand that, but movies should also be reviewed by movie level standards and not appeal, I mean Twilight has bad scores, and while The Avengers isn't anywhere near Twilight bad it's way over scored. It's like the comic book nerds are breaking the IMBD scale. The site is usually pretty much spot on when it comes to reviews, this is the first time I've seen a movie so overrated, it's just like if the Twilight crowd started using IMDB and overrated it a ton and it made the top 250 list. Then you'd see my point!Eddie-Vedder

It felt like an 8.8 to me. Movies aren't reviewed like "X movie is better than y so it should be scored higher but X is worse than Z so it should be lower." The score doesn't reflect how the movie compares head to head with other movies.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Eddie-Vedder
Also, why the f*ck do you care so much about IMDB's top 250? That thing has always been a joke.drinkerofjuice
Apart from Animation films that are reviewed more for children it's a pretty great list, I don't see how it's always been a joke.
drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 drinkerofjuice

[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"]Also, why the f*ck do you care so much about IMDB's top 250? That thing has always been a joke.Eddie-Vedder
Apart from Animation films that are reviewed more for children it's a pretty great list, I don't see how it's always been a joke.

...Seriously?

Shawshank Redemption at #1, over Godfather 1 + 2? No.

Pulp Fiction over GBU and 12 Angry Men? No.

The Dark Knight, Empire Strikes Back and Fight Club over Seven Samurai? No.

Inception over Casablanca, Goodfellas, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Once Upon a Time in the West? F*ck. No.

In short, f*ck an IMDB top 250.

-Katsuri-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 -Katsuri-
Member since 2008 • 61883 Posts
Someone needs to get...LOKI'D.
Avatar image for paranoidpixie95
paranoidpixie95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 paranoidpixie95
Member since 2009 • 2198 Posts

The film may have actually been good if it weren't for Joss Whedon being the director. Everything he's made I've found to be disappointing. I don't get why he's heralded within the movie industry.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"]Also, why the f*ck do you care so much about IMDB's top 250? That thing has always been a joke.drinkerofjuice

...Seriously?

Shawshank Redemption at #1, over Godfather 1 + 2? No.

Pulp Fiction over GBU and 12 Angry Men? No.

The Dark Knight, Empire Strikes Back and Fight Club over Seven Samurai? No.

Inception over Casablanca, Goodfellas, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Once Upon a Time in the West? F*ck. No.

In short, f*ck an IMDB top 250.

Your being a moron, the list isn't an EXACT PERFECT RANKING, the point is all those movies are classic legendary films, the fact that The Avengers is mixed in with those movies you just listed is what should really annoy you. You listed some sick movies and then BAM HERP DERP THE AVENGERS.
drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 drinkerofjuice

Your being a moron, the list isn't an EXACT PERFECT RANKING, the point is all those movies are classic legendary films, the fact that The Avengers is mixed in with those movies you just listed is what should really annoy you. You listed some sick movies and then BAM HERP DERP THE AVENGERS.Eddie-Vedder
Fight Club and Inception aren't good movies.

The Dark Knight is deeply flawed.

Shawshank Redemption is good, but not good enough to warrant a #1 spot.

And that's just the top 30, I can dig a little deeper and pull out more red flags if you'd like.

You're painting the top 250 list as some end all film list when it excludes a ton of classic and contemporary films. The ordering is just one of the issues here.

paranoidpixie95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 paranoidpixie95

drinkerofjuice

Care to elaborate? There is absolutely nothing wrong with this movie in my opinion. The benchmark for superhero movies.

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jolt_counter119

[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"]

paranoidpixie95

Care to elaborate? There is absolutely nothing wrong with this movie in my opinion. The benchmark for superhero movies.

I personally just can't stand the voice. I mean it baffles me that everyone listened to Bale and thought "yep that's good."

paranoidpixie95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 paranoidpixie95

[QUOTE="paranoidpixie95"]

[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"]

Jolt_counter119

I personally just can't stand the voice. I mean it baffles me that everyone listened to Bale and thought "yep that's good."

99% of critical acclaim was Heath Ledger's role as The Joker. Not much attention was called on Bale due to him returning from Batman Begins.

Actually, that may not be the exact reason, but that last part is me guessing. Also, 99% is an exaggeration.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

Skarwolf

That's the synopsis of the comic in a nutshell really. So the writer stayed true to the comic...bravo!

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] Your being a moron, the list isn't an EXACT PERFECT RANKING, the point is all those movies are classic legendary films, the fact that The Avengers is mixed in with those movies you just listed is what should really annoy you. You listed some sick movies and then BAM HERP DERP THE AVENGERS.drinkerofjuice

Shawshank Redemption is good, but not good enough to warrant a #1 spot.

And that's just the top 30, I can dig a little deeper and pull out more red flags if you'd like.

You're painting the top 250 list as some end all film list when it excludes a ton of classic and contemporary films. The ordering is just one of the issues here.

:|

What is this I don't even

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Most people who saw this don't watch anything else other than summer blockbuster crap. They probably also think Transformers is good. Not saying the movie is not good it probably is but for someone who thinks Transformers is good Avengers is probably a master piece made by God himself.
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
And i present to you the most overrated movie of all time: The dark knight rises... ...see, i can type things on the internet too
drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 drinkerofjuice

paranoidpixie95

It's still a solid movie, but it really falls apart upon multiple viewings. Several aspects of the plot come off as very contrived and/or illogical. The film never bothers to explain how the Joker prepares for the majority of his schemes. The hospital scene is a good example here. How was he able to rig it to blow with nobody knowing?

Then there are the characters who come off as so robotic and emotionless aside from the Joker. They feel more like tools or components needed to continue the story, instead of feeling like actual people. Then the exposition heavy script has spots of bad writing, most notably: "No more dead cops!"

The thing is that Nolan does a good job hiding those faults to the audience the first time through. But you can't help but notice these red flags the more you watch it.

All in all, it's deeply flawed. But Ledger's performance and a handful of good scenes elevate the film into more than watchable territory.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

[QUOTE="paranoidpixie95"]

drinkerofjuice

It's still a solid movie, but it really falls apart upon multiple viewings. Several aspects of the plot come off as very contrived and/or illogical. The film never bothers to explain how the Joker prepares for the majority of his schemes. The hospital scene is a good example here. How was he able to rig it to blow without absolutelyanybody knowing?

Then there are the characters who come off as so robotic and emotionless aside from the Joker. They feel more like tools or components needed to continue the story, instead of feeling like actual people. Then there's spots of bad writing, most notably: "No more dead cops!"

The thing is that Nolan does a good job hiding those faults to the audience the first time through. But you can't help but notice these red flags the more you watch it.

All in all, it's deeply flawed. But Ledger's performance and a handful of good scenes elevate the film into more than watchable territory.

How is not explaining every little detail a flaw? It's a superhero movie not a manual on the mastermind of a supervillain. People should learn that not everything has to be explained in movies or literature for it to make sense.
Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

The Movie JUST came out.

Of course, people are going to be excited. There's going to be a lot of hype in the air.

It's kind of pointless to complain about it's attention during it's initial release. Complain about the 'top' lists when its hypes dies down and you may have a case, but right now you're just in the "I hate everything that's popular" camp.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Eddie-Vedder

The Movie JUST came out.

Of course, people are going to be excited. There's going to be a lot of hype in the air.

It's kind of pointless to complain about it's attention during it's initial release. Complain about the 'top' lists when its hypes dies down and you may have a case, but right now you're just in the "I hate everything that's popular" camp.

Blue-Sky
Flawless logic, I agree with 99% of the list, I disagree with one movie and I'm hating everything that's popular. So flawless. There are tons of popular movies up there. Your telling me looking at that list, as is, The Avengers deserves to be in that company?
majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 majoras_wrath
Member since 2005 • 6062 Posts
Jesus christ I hate the internet sometimes. Whiny b*tches.
drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 drinkerofjuice

How is not explaining every little detail a flaw? It's a superhero movie not a manual on the mastermind of a supervillain. People should learn that not everything has to be explained in movies or literature for it to make sense.kuraimen
Little detail? The whole bit with the hospital absorbed about a half-hour of screentime. The film doesn't even bother to provide an implication as to how he was able to setup enough explosives to destroy the building in such a short amount of time, without anybody knowing.

It's true that not everything needs to be explained to make sense. But then there's the problem: It made no sense whatsoever.

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts

What is this I don't even

Eddie-Vedder

sighhh

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts
Avengers is highly entertaining. Not a dull moment in the movie. Do you know what is overrated though? Dark Knight. I rather watch the gay batman than that garbage. At least the gay batman was entertaining.
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Jesus christ I hate the internet sometimes. Whiny b*tches.majoras_wrath

ITT:

Crying-252BBaby-252BNatural-252BHigh-252

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

Sorry, IIRC No Country For Old Men came out in 2007.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 drinkerofjuice

Eddie-Vedder

They're not nearly good enough to warrant a spot on any "best of" list, whether it included 250 or 500.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 drinkerofjuice

Saturos3091
... This place depresses me sometimes...
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
You care too much about this
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

Citizen Kane

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
[QUOTE="Saturos3091"]

drinkerofjuice

It's a typical coming-of-age story for Tommy Lee Jones that tells the tale of how different people approach the inevitable (death - Anton Chigurh). It's boring, trite, and predictable with a weak score and transparent "depth." I don't get the appeal. There Will Be Blood however? Now that's a quality film with moral ambiguity and social commentary that could easily inspire discussion. Plus it's got some great performances.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"][QUOTE="Saturos3091"]

Saturos3091

It's a typical coming-of-age story for Tommy Lee Jones that tells the tale of how different people approach the inevitable (death - Anton Chigurh). It's boring, trite, and predictable with a weak score and transparent "depth." I don't get the appeal. There Will Be Blood however? Now that's a quality film with moral ambiguity and social commentary that could easily inspire discussion. Plus it's got some great performances.

So fkin true, There will be blood was way better that year.
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

Toy Story 1-3