Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2051  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19599 Posts

So I missed it in yesterday's court adventures (where Cohen detailed every aspect of Trump's intention to pay hush money to ilegally influence the election, and Trump's knowledge of the cover-up attempt to hide those payments)...

...but at one point yesterday, Trump's lawyer said that they don't have any rebuttal witnesses at the moment. They're thinking of bringing in an expert witness next week, but they might not even do that.

What does that mean?

It means Trump doesn't want to testify.

This explains why he's in such a tantrum about the gag order (which doesn't stop him testifying, but tricks his cult into thinking he is being silenced) and why he needs his minions to front the media in front of the courthouse (because he wants to spread his version of events without anyone fact-checking him).

It's pathetic, but nothing new for Mr Trump.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2052 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127526 Posts

Trump's cheerleader team... Intimidation much?

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2053  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1040 Posts
@horgen said:

Trump's cheerleader team... Intimidation much?

It's so weird. Imagine if the DNC descended upon the Menendez trial to defend him. Thing is I've only seen THE OPPOSITE from them, Democrats bashing him and wanting him to quit asap.

How do right wingers not see this as fucked up?

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2054 Planeforger

@robertos said:

They either don't know anything about the law, or they don't care about upholding the law.

I can't see any other explanation.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2055  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58500 Posts
@Planeforger said:
@robertos said:

They either don't know anything about the law, or they don't care about upholding the law.

I phrase I've become fond of in order to just accept this (so I can move on with my life instead of trying to reason with these people) is "you can't reason a person out of a position they didn't reason themselves into".

There is no explanation, at least not one we can understand. I am sure some psychologists could diagnose these people with various mental health issues though. But if you're trying to logic your way to understanding Trump supporters...it just isn't going to happen.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2056 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17692 Posts

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2057 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178872 Posts

@mrbojangles25: A few psychological opinion pieces I've read claim it's fear. Granted there hasn't been much study done but so far that is the initial diagnosis from various psychologists.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2058 horgen  Moderator

@Planeforger said:
@robertos said:

The law is for other people... You know, non republican voters.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2059 Planeforger

The trial is going to be over in a few days, and Donald hasn't volunteered to testify yet.

Just to be clear, he is allowed to testify. He has every opportunity to testify. He could testify later this week. If he doesn't testify, it's because his team knows it'll do more harm than good, and they chose not to testify.

So don't be surprised next week when Donald whines about not being allowed to speak at court. That's his default lie. Hopefully a few of his supporters are smart enough to recognise the lie this time.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2060 Robertos

Trump Campaign to Sue 'The Apprentice' Biopic Over Rape Scene (thewrap.com)

Trump Campaign Says It Will Sue Makers of ‘Pure Garbage’ Biopic That Shows Him Raping Ex-Wife Ivana

“The Apprentice” starring Sebastian Stan premiered at Cannes on Monday with the shocking scene

Does he even have any recourse? Last time he sued someone for calling him a rapist, the courts rejected it because he was actually found liable for sexual assault and rape. But this is a different instance, and it's an alleged rape instead of a court confirmed one. I wonder if he can win this time.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2061  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23053 Posts

@Planeforger: He closed his defense without testifying.

On to closing arguments next week.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2062 horgen  Moderator

@Planeforger said:

The trial is going to be over in a few days, and Donald hasn't volunteered to testify yet.

Just to be clear, he is allowed to testify. He has every opportunity to testify. He could testify later this week. If he doesn't testify, it's because his team knows it'll do more harm than good, and they chose not to testify.

So don't be surprised next week when Donald whines about not being allowed to speak at court. That's his default lie. Hopefully a few of his supporters are smart enough to recognise the lie this time.

Nah. Not going to happen.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#2063 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts

@Planeforger said:
@robertos said:

Is that based on your expertise in enforcing the law, and in addition, the expertise in litigation involving criminal matters involving state and federal laws?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2064  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58500 Posts
@robertos said:

Trump Campaign to Sue 'The Apprentice' Biopic Over Rape Scene (thewrap.com)

Trump Campaign Says It Will Sue Makers of ‘Pure Garbage’ Biopic That Shows Him Raping Ex-Wife Ivana

“The Apprentice” starring Sebastian Stan premiered at Cannes on Monday with the shocking scene

Does he even have any recourse? Last time he sued someone for calling him a rapist, the courts rejected it because he was actually found liable for sexual assault and rape. But this is a different instance, and it's an alleged rape instead of a court confirmed one. I wonder if he can win this time.

I would sometimes like to see publications go full-on troll (but with tact, and technically correct) with their headlines. THis should read "Certified known rapist and repeat sex offender to sue filmmakers that say he is the rapist the law says he is"

Anyway, best of luck to the filmmakers. With Trump currently undergoing dozens of charges, many of which could place him in prison, I'd argue it's a good time to push one's luck concerning Trump. Dude might be too busy for the next few years.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2065 Planeforger

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@Planeforger said:
@robertos said:

Is that based on your expertise in enforcing the law, and in addition, the expertise in litigation involving criminal matters involving state and federal laws?

No, my expertise is in consumer law. In the distant past I've studied/had training on civil procedure, rules of evidence law, cross examinations for criminal cases, etc., but I ultimately decided to keep criminal law as a hobby rather than a profession.

Anyway, none of that really matters. A child with a basic understanding of how courts work can see that Trump is breaking the rules and ignoring direct instructions from the judge. It's a pretty basic idea that both sides should make the best arguments they can, and shouldn't try to intimidate witnesses or undermine the authority of the judge.

Any adult with critical thinking skills should be able to discern why, for example, Trump keeps pretending that he wants to testify but makes up excuses for not doing so. Or why Trump's statements to the media are so different to his statements in court.

And then anyone with a background in law enforcement should immediately be able to see right through Trump, because they deal with people like him every day.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2066 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@Planeforger said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

No, my expertise is in consumer law. In the distant past I've studied/had training on civil procedure, rules of evidence law, cross examinations for criminal cases, etc., but I ultimately decided to keep criminal law as a hobby rather than a profession.

Anyway, none of that really matters. A child with a basic understanding of how courts work can see that Trump is breaking the rules and ignoring direct instructions from the judge. It's a pretty basic idea that both sides should make the best arguments they can, and shouldn't try to intimidate witnesses or undermine the authority of the judge.

Any adult with critical thinking skills should be able to discern why, for example, Trump keeps pretending that he wants to testify but makes up excuses for not doing so. Or why Trump's statements to the media are so different to his statements in court.

And then anyone with a background in law enforcement should immediately be able to see right through Trump, because they deal with people like him every day.

In what respect? And I can definitely tell it's a hobby with closely monitoring all things Trump from on your participation in this thread.

I'm not quite sure a child is an applicable parallel here, especially since children have difficulty understanding decorum in classrooms... must less a courtroom, but I appreciate the chuckle when it comes to hyperbolic silliness. My almost 3-year-old is still trying to learn the decorum of dinnertime... albeit that's a losing battle for a while.

Trump's persona speaks for itself and is entirely ego driven which clearly can't unmask itself with impunity in a courtroom.

I definitely do not deal with folks like Trump every day (thankfully). I investigate, interview and arrest those who prey on prepubescent and pubescent children.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2067 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8383 Posts
Loading Video...

Case should be thrown out, prosecution failed to show any evidence of the crime alleged.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2068 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9161 Posts

@sargentd: what's funny is that Trumpers believe that the 2020 election was stolen based on exactly zero evidence, but this case, which has actual evidence, is a witch hunt and somehow proves that the Deep State totally made Trump sleep with a women and then pay her off with campaign funds. dang... the Deep State is just so clever.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2069 SargentD

@ogvampire said:

@sargentd: what's funny is that Trumpers believe that the 2020 election was stolen based on exactly zero evidence, but this case, which has actual evidence, is a witch hunt and somehow proves that the Deep State totally made Trump sleep with a women and then pay her off with campaign funds. dang... the Deep State is just so clever.

What evidence?? Michael cohens word? Lol

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2070 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38691 Posts

in what world would any juror on that trial vote to convict?

trumpers have proven themselves to be unhinged folks, there's no way jurors are not gone after by some dummy if they voted to convict...

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2071 ogvampire

@sargentd: words are the only thing you needed to make you believe that the 2020 election was stolen. i guess when you're in a cult, you believe your cult leader's words above all else, no matter how foolish it makes you look.

but as to your remark, yes, let's just ignore the fake invoices and checks signed by Trump himself. The Deep State did all that.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2072  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:

Case should be thrown out,

This is an op-ed in video format by a confirmed fake news blogger who was so dumb he had to drop out of school in the 5th grade. I wouldn't eat his flipped burgers, much less his legal opinion. This is worse than Alex Jones, you are insulting the intelligence of everyone here including yourself.

Be better. No more bald posts.

@sargentd said:

prosecution failed to show any evidence of the crime alleged.

This is objectively false.

Donald Trump trial evidence: See photos, notes and books shown to jury (usatoday.com)

‘Pay With Cash:’ The Evidence Against Trump at Hush Money Trial - Bloomberg

Please sarge, a quick google search shows that almost any video you post is false on a pure reality based level.

@ogvampire said:

but as to your remark, yes, let's just ignore the fake invoices and checks signed by Trump himself. The Deep State did all that.

I think sarge is larping.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2073  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@robertos: He doesn't care if there are facts, he'll continue to say there isn't. You can't reach people that run from the truth and wrap themselves in a blanket of cult of personality.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2074  Edited By SargentD
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:

Case should be thrown out,

This is an op-ed in video format by a confirmed fake news blogger who was so dumb he had to drop out of school in the 5th grade. I wouldn't eat his flipped burgers, much less his legal opinion. This is worse than Alex Jones, you are insulting the intelligence of everyone here including yourself.

Be better. No more bald posts.

@sargentd said:

prosecution failed to show any evidence of the crime alleged.

This is objectively false.

Donald Trump trial evidence: See photos, notes and books shown to jury (usatoday.com)

Please sarge, a quick google search shows that almost any video you post is false on a pure reality based level.

@ogvampire said:

I think sarge is larping.

Explain to me the crime being alleged and what evidence proves such crime was made.

Seriously type it out. I'm not signing up to Bloomberg to use your link.

Simple enough request, I'll say it again.

Explain to me the crime being alleged and what evidence proves such crime was made

The USA today article is a joke lol and excerpt from one of Trump's books saying "I sign all my checks so I know where my money is going" is evidence??? Yeah right!!! Lololol

Oh here's a picture of Trump with stormy.. again doesn't prove anything about the crime being alledged..

And lastly a bill statement to Cohen with chicken scratch notes written on it..

Good luck with that BS.

They were supposed to prove Trump was paying off Stormy to protect his campaign. They Failed to do so, whether he banged her or not literally doesn't matter. Whether he had a NDA or not literally doesn't matter.

You had to prove he misused money, the alleged crime doesn't even make sense! They claim he should have had any payment listed to her as a campaign expense.. (Cohen just charged Trump a vague legal expense as his lawyer)

If he had listed it as a campaign expense.. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ILLEGAL.

Can't spend campaign money on personal matters.

Literally trying to turn some thing legal Into being illegal..

Case is absolute nonsense.

I get why Bragg originally didn't want to pursue it..

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2075 ogvampire

@sargentd: a Trumper asking for evidence is beyond hilarious, and also futile since they will denounce whatever evidence you show them. in other words, it's a cult.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2076 SargentD

@ogvampire said:

@sargentd: a Trumper asking for evidence is beyond hilarious, and also futile since they will denounce whatever evidence you show them. in other words, it's a cult.

Cus you don't have any evidence champ!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2077 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:
@ogvampire said:

Evidence has been presented multiple times. Many of those who have brought it up in all cases have been trumpers. You just ignore it. Bad way to go through life FYI.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2078 ogvampire

@sargentd: perhaps you can find an adult who can explain the evidence to you with big, colorful pictures. then maybe you'll understand it that way.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2079  Edited By SargentD

"Explain to me the crime being alleged and what evidence proves such crime was made"

Nobody here can do it lol..

I'm so hype for Trump 2024 this shit is hilarious!! 😂

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2080 SargentD
Loading Video...

Trump Rocks the Bronx

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2081 horgen  Moderator

@sargentd: Is that where Trump claimed to pull 25 000 people in audience?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2082  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@horgen: And it was 3500.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2083 SargentD

@horgen said:

@sargentd: Is that where Trump claimed to pull 25 000 people in audience?

Permit for event was for 3,500, authorities estimated 8,000-10,000 showed up

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2084 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd: You're still inflating and we've seen the pictures. Small crowd.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2085 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23992 Posts

Think we will come to a verdict next week?

@sargentd said:

Case should be thrown out, prosecution failed to show any evidence of the crime alleged.

Things aren't looking good for trump. You would know this if you listened to real lawyers rather than someone who dropped out of school after 5th grade.

Since you like YouTube so much, here is a Lawyer's youtube video.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2086  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:

"Explain to me the crime being alleged and what evidence proves such crime was made"

@sargentd said:
@ogvampire said:

I literally did this in two links days ago.

Trolling?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2087 SargentD

@robertos said:
@sargentd said:

@sargentd said:
@ogvampire said:

Trolling?

Again reposting a garbage link I already explained to you is not evidence of the crime alleged

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2088 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd: Just be honest and admit you don't care if a criminal is in charge. This pretense of no evidence is fooling no one with any degree of intelligence.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2089 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@sargentd said:
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:

@sargentd said:
@ogvampire said:

Trolling?

Again reposting a garbage link I already explained to you is not evidence of the crime alleged

I think the most remarkable aspect of this novel, and (really) partisan, prosecution is that we made it through the entire trial without any evidence on the second crime. I imagine we will hear about it in final arguments (or we might not), but the jurors are not allowed to take into account any new evidence in the closing arguments. It's a summary of the case, or rather the theater side for prosecutors and defense lawyers. It's very bizarre, especially since the Judge ruled that jurors don't actually even have to agree on what that second crime even is. lol It was interesting to hear some insight from a retired local judge of mine about this case and it had him befuddled to say the least.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2090 SargentD

@LJS9502_basic said:

@sargentd: Just be honest and admit you don't care if a criminal is in charge. This pretense of no evidence is fooling no one with any degree of intelligence.

Simple request

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2091 MirkoS77

@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Simple request

You don’t care about evidence, Sarge. If you did, you wouldn’t believe that the election was stolen.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2092  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23992 Posts
@LJS9502_basic said:

Attempts to downplay the severity of Trump's alleged crimes shows just how dangerous political tribalism can be. As of now Trump is innocent (until he is proven guilty), but things really are not looking good for him.

I do think however that it is plausible that not all 12 jurors will be convinced. And we end up with a hung jury. Either way, best not to jump to conclusions.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2093 SargentD

@Maroxad: @MirkoS77:

Simple request

This will be a good critical thinking exercise for both of you

I promise

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2094 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
@Maroxad said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Attempts to downplay the severity of Trump's alleged crimes shows just how dangerous political tribalism can be. As of now Trump is innocent (until he is proven guilty), but things really are not looking good for him.

I do think however that it is plausible that not all 12 jurors will be convinced. And we end up with a hung jury. Either way, best not to jump to conclusions.

I'm curious on where you believe on the severity scale this "falsified business records to conceal another crime" is?

Remember, the prosecution was rather nebulous on what the other crime was (they didn't specify which crime it was only a few options which it could be). Additionally, the entirety of the "intent" for "these criminal acts" relies on the sole testimony of Michael Cohen to establish the link (or what we call the mens rea). Now, I don't think anyone thinks Michael is what we call a "strong witness" and a bastion of good character, plus he clearly has it out for Trump (even admitting stealing from him) and has a financial necessity (social media presence, book deal, etc) for this trial taking place. What are your thoughts on Michael Cohen and his credibility? I imagine you have previously spoken a few times about him in Political Gamers forum.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2095  Edited By SargentD

@LJS9502_basic said:

@sargentd: You're still inflating and we've seen the pictures. Small crowd.

Loading Video...

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2096 MirkoS77

@sargentd said:

Simple request

I promise

You don’t care about evidence, Sarge. If you did, you wouldn’t believe that the election was stolen.

What good is it to provide evidence when evidence is accepted or discounted not on its own merits, but due to partisan politics and tribalism?

You're not operating in good faith in your request, and you know it. Don’t waste our time.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2097 SargentD

@MirkoS77 said:
@sargentd said:

Simple request

I promise

What good is it to provide evidence when evidence is accepted or discounted not on its own merits, but due to partisan politics and tribalism?

You're not operating in good faith in your request, and you know it. Don’t waste our time.

Deflection, never did I say this. Not once in this entire thread.

You can't even attempt to answer my simple request..

This L is yours my friend. You have no evidence and you have no crime.

Loading Video...

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2098 MirkoS77

@sargentd said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@sargentd said:

Simple request

I promise

Deflection, never did I say this. Not once in this entire thread.

You can't even attempt to answer my simple request..

This L is yours my friend. You have no evidence and you have no crime.

You don't need to say it ITT, you've stated this position numerous times in others, and in other exchanges we've had. It's not a deflection, it directly bears on your desire to substantiate evidence in the establishment of the claims of Trump's guilt. If you're going to demand evidence, then prove you stand behind it when it doesn't serve your favor.

Let's settle this: state here and now that you believe the 2020 election was legitimate, not stolen, that Trump's claims are blatant lies, and Biden is the legitimately elected president.

Aside, I honestly don't even care about this case. Who honestly cares if Trump paid off a porn star? This is not pressing to national interests, IMO, everyone with a brain cell in their head knows Trump is a liar and corrupt. I do, however, care about the attempt to overthrow our elections, along with bragging to others using our classified information. That is where his lies and corruption directly affect me and my country.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2099  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:

@sargentd said:
@ogvampire said:

Trolling?

No one cares about your legal opinion. I gave you the alleged evidence and crimes as stated in court.

But since you're having some trouble, here you go:

Former President Trump has been indicted by a New York grand jury on 34 counts of falsifying business records in the first degree, in violation of Penal Law §175.10," according to the indictment, related to the Stormy Daniels hush money payment.

Prosecutors allege the falsified records were an effort to cover up a violation of federal campaign finance laws by failing to properly disclose the reimbursements as a campaign expense. Thus, according to prosecutors, Trump violated New York's financial laws in order to commit a federal felony by not reporting funds that were serving his election bid.

The prosecution introduced the First Republic Bank statement as proof that Trump knowingly reimbursed Cohen for hush money to Daniels. Last week, jurors heard of how Cohenset up the bank account in the waning days of the 2016 raceto get money to Daniels in a hurry so voters wouldn’t learn her allegations of an extramarital tryst with Trump, wiring it via a shell company, Essential Consultants LLC.

The jury saw the statementamong a paper trail of evidence introduced Mondaytied to each of the 34 counts of falsification of business records with which the former president is charged — 11 checks issued to Cohen, which all bore Trump’s familiar spiky signature in black Sharpie, 12 corresponding ledger entries and 11 invoices, in which the fixer billed for “a retainer agreement.”

Whether you or Tim Pool believe this is true or not is not relevant. The jury will decide given the evidence, which exists.

That being said, this is relatively the weakest case. The documents case is a sure fire win with mountains of evidence, but Judge Canon severely stalled that due to some bizarre reasons - stumping legal experts. She saved Trump lol, he has zero shot if it makes to trial. It would have gone to court by now if it was a normal judge.

Ospi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2100 Ospi
Member since 2006 • 568 Posts

Trump making a memorial day rant all about him and being the true victim might actually take the cake as the most pathetic thing he has done yet. Unbelievable example of mankind.