Alex Jones doesn't play Piers Morgan's game, destroys him on his own show

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

IDK how many of you saw this, but Piers Morgan had a particularly lively show tonight. His debate guest was Alex Jones, in studio. Alex refused to play Piers' game in his format, and ran right over over the top of him. Piers never knew what hit him, and started talking sh!t about Alex with his next guest after he left.

Now I know that many of you who watch(ed) this will focus on the fact that Alex was ranting and didn't give Piers a chance to talk, but focus on the facts. Alex came loaded with FBI crime statistics and Piers continued to show that he doesn't understand the bigger issues at hand. Best part is when Alex starts speaking in a faux british accent.. This was priceless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjDT-X_CebI

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#2 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

Alex Jones...

i'm ashamed i once took him seriously once upon a time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Wow, never knew there was someone that can out-douche Piers Morgan on his own show.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
Awesome
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

On the douche-bag scale (1 low and 10 high), Piers Morgan is a 7. Alex Jones is > 9000.

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#6 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts

Saw it earlier.

Masterfully crafted propaganda, get a conspiracy nutcase to defend gun rights to make all pro-gunners look bad.

I miss Larry King.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hartsickdiscipl

Wow, never knew there was someone that can out-douche Piers Morgan on his own show.

Aljosa23

Yeah, he was loud and obnoxious. He was also right. He came armed with facts. He said things that people need to hear. Those are things that he wouldn't have had a chance to say if he had played Piers' game his way.

jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts

Piers Morgan is notorious for getting outclassed. It happened on twitter a while back too.

zenogandia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zenogandia
Member since 2012 • 861 Posts

A-hole Alex. His A-hole level is over 9,000!

Avatar image for Cloud_Insurance
Cloud_Insurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Cloud_Insurance
Member since 2008 • 3279 Posts

Alex Jones

Lol no

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#11 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Aljosa23

^This.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GreySeal9

On the douche-bag scale (1 low and 10 high), Piers Morgan is a 7. Alex Jones is > 9000.

jimkabrhel

I think Piers is easily a 10.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e97585ea928c
deactivated-5e97585ea928c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
Member since 2006 • 8521 Posts
Wow i actually had to turn that off because of how mad i was getting at Alex. If he presented his argument in a non-"EVERYONEISOUTTOGETME" way and without shouting ALL THE TIME i'd probably listen to the whole thing.
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hartsickdiscipl

Wow i actually had to turn that off because of how mad i was getting at Alex. If he presented his argument in a non-"EVERYONEISOUTTOGETME" way and without shouting ALL THE TIME i'd probably listen to the whole thing.FrostyPhantasm

He did it that way because he had to make sure he talked over Piers. If you've watched much Piers Morgan, you'd know that he doesn't play nice and doesn't let people get their message across much of the time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5b78379493e12

[QUOTE="FrostyPhantasm"]Wow i actually had to turn that off because of how mad i was getting at Alex. If he presented his argument in a non-"EVERYONEISOUTTOGETME" way and without shouting ALL THE TIME i'd probably listen to the whole thing.hartsickdiscipl

He did it that way because he had to make sure he talked over Piers. If you've watched much Piers Morgan, you'd know that he doesn't play nice and doesn't let people get their message across much of the time.

I've seen enough Alex Jones videos to know that he does that most of the time, not just for idiots like Piers.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
An idiot arguing an idiot. If I had any interest in seeing that at the moment I'd go start an argument here. Hell I'm almost certain I'd get better arguments here than either side in that video gives.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

An idiot arguing an idiot. If I had any interest in seeing that at the moment I'd go start an argument here. Hell I'm almost certain I'd get better arguments here than either side in that video gives.Ace6301
You saying you're an idiot? :P

Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#18 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
Piers Morgan and Nancy Grace are why I avoid CNN.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ace6301

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]An idiot arguing an idiot. If I had any interest in seeing that at the moment I'd go start an argument here. Hell I'm almost certain I'd get better arguments here than either side in that video gives.Aljosa23

You saying you're an idiot? :P

If I want to be.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e97585ea928c
deactivated-5e97585ea928c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
Member since 2006 • 8521 Posts

[QUOTE="FrostyPhantasm"]Wow i actually had to turn that off because of how mad i was getting at Alex. If he presented his argument in a non-"EVERYONEISOUTTOGETME" way and without shouting ALL THE TIME i'd probably listen to the whole thing.hartsickdiscipl

Yeah..but Alex also does the same thing, also adding in "LOLCONSPIRACY" for every legitimate point he makes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5b78379493e12

An idiot arguing an idiot. If I had any interest in seeing that at the moment I'd go start an argument here. Hell I'm almost certain I'd get better arguments here than either side in that video gives.Ace6301

hartsickdisciplvs kingking0124? or maybe mingmao

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
He's a blathering douchebag. You can tell from his unwillingness to understand any counter points. No class.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GreySeal9

Piers Morgan and Nancy Grace are why I avoid CNN.Pittfan666

I don't think Nancy Grace is on CNN anymore (I think she's on HLN), but yes, she is a witch.

muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 muffincakes87
Member since 2008 • 3913 Posts

I'm not a fan of Piers Morgan and not really familar with Alex Jones, but wow, that was an awful interview. You don't have to act like a baboon to get your point across. He obivously did it for the ratings.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hartsickdiscipl

He's a blathering douchebag. You can tell from his unwillingness to understand any counter points. No class.chrisrooR

There were no valid counterpoints.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]He's a blathering douchebag. You can tell from his unwillingness to understand any counter points. No class.hartsickdiscipl

It was a complete sh!t show by both of them.

Not like that should surprise anyone though.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

It's good to see Piers get a taste of his own medicine. I still remember when Prof. John Lott was on his show late last year and Piers just shouted over him, not letting him get a word in.

Commander-Gree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Commander-Gree
Member since 2009 • 4929 Posts

I saw this as it was airing and laughed my ass off. Alex Jones is a **** nutcase.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hartsickdiscipl

I saw this as it was airing and laughed my ass off. Alex Jones is a **** nutcase.

Commander-Gree

But could you argue with the numbers that he brought out? Could you argue with his message about the true intent of the 2nd Amendment? That's the stuff that Piers needed to hear.

Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#30 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts

[QUOTE="Pittfan666"]Piers Morgan and Nancy Grace are why I avoid CNN.GreySeal9

I don't think Nancy Grace is on CNN anymore (I think she's on HLN), but yes, she is a witch.

HLN is CNN. Went on a tour of the CNN tower once and got to see where they broadcast it.
zenogandia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 zenogandia

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]He's a blathering douchebag. You can tell from his unwillingness to understand any counter points. No class.hartsickdiscipl

How can you even counter a man who's crazy? Alex doesn't even Piers speak. While I do understand that piers does that a lot, does he scream like a psychiatric patient in order to get his point a lot?

zenogandia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 zenogandia

[QUOTE="Commander-Gree"]

hartsickdiscipl

But could you argue with the numbers that he brought out? Could you argue with his message about the true intent of the 2nd Amendment? That's the stuff that Piers needed to hear.

I honestly couldn't understand what he was saying. A civilized person usually speaks slowly and without screaming in order to get his point across.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Alex Jones instigated the petition? :? I wasn't aware of this fact. In fact, it's quote hypocritical of a man who's defending the Constitution.

This whole debate is ridiculous and could have been handled better by Alex Jones. He does raise some good points and statistics (hopefully if true) but his entire rhetoric can't be taken seriously since he's a fully-blown conspiracy theorist and is yelling at the tops of his lungs.

I don't know anything about Piers Morgan or what Piers Morgan's opinion on gun control, whether he wants to ban guns or make it more restrictive, he has a right to his opinion no matter how much I (or we) disagree with it. This whole petition is a mistake.

That said, Piers Morgan should invite someone who's willing to have a nice and calm debate about gun control. Seriously, I hate these types of debates where everyone is yelling.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hartsickdiscipl

Alex Jones instigated the petition? :? I wasn't aware of this fact. In fact, it's quote hypocritical of a man who's defending the Constitution.

This whole debate is ridiculous and could have been handled better by Alex Jones. He does raise some good points and statistics (hopefully if true) but his entire rhetoric can't be taken seriously since he's a fully-blown conspiracy theorist and is yelling at the tops of his lungs.

I don't know anything about Piers Morgan or what Piers Morgan's opinion on gun control, whether he wants to ban guns or make it more restrictive, he has a right to his opinion no matter how much I (or we) disagree with it. This whole petition is a mistake.

That said, Piers Morgan should invite someone who's willing to have a nice and calm debate about gun control. Seriously, I hate these types of debates where everyone is yelling.

leviathan91

You need to watch the last couple of guests that Piers Morgan had on his show to debate Gun Control. He openly insulted Larry Pratt, calling him an "incredibly stupid man." He talked over the top of John Lott quite a few times. He has been on an anti-gun crusade on CNN since the Sandy Hook shooting. He doesn't have 1st Amendment rights, since he isn't a US citizen. I believe his work visa expired as well.

He really had this coming. If you can't hear the message over the way the messenger is delivering it (and know the context of the forum), don't condemn him.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

[QUOTE="Commander-Gree"]

zenogandia

I honestly couldn't understand what he was saying. A civilized person usually speaks slowly and without screaming in order to get his point across.

I took away several major points pertaining to gun control, which Piers Morgan is a staunch supporter of-

-Disarming populations has historically led to democide (murder by government)

-banning guns in England and Mexico has coincided with an increase in violent crimes

-the 2nd Amendment isn't primarily about hunting and home defense. It was put in place to let the people stay well-armed in case they needed to take on a tyrannical government and overthrow them. Hopefully to deter the government from attempting anything as well.

All true.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Saw it earlier.

Masterfully crafted propaganda, get a conspiracy nutcase to defend gun rights to make all pro-gunners look bad.

Slashless

That's the impression I got. And I do know all about Alex Jones. Been an infowars reader for years. At this point Alex Jones really is just hurting his own cause. Yeah, all the sh!t he was yelling out was facts, and relevant references, but he did just that. Yell. All he did. Just screaming at everyone like a moron, and yelling out talking points, as if anyone is actually going to listen, and go google it. Top that off with a total breakdown into just mocking Piers' accent, like a child. I can't imagine that he actually thinks that helps.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="Slashless"]

Saw it earlier.

the_bi99man

That's the impression I got. And I do know all about Alex Jones. Been an infowars reader for years. At this point Alex Jones really is just hurting his own cause. Yeah, all the sh!t he was yelling out was facts, and relevant references, but he did just that. Yell. All he did. Just screaming at everyone like a moron, and yelling out talking points, as if anyone is actually going to listen, and go google it. I can't imagine that he actually thinks that helps.

On the contrary. This unconstitutional sh!t has gone too far. It's time that people got mad and loud. There is nothing wrong with getting riled up for what you think is right and wrong.

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Abbeten
Member since 2012 • 3140 Posts
lol alex jones probably the only person i dislike more than piers morgan
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="Slashless"]

Saw it earlier.

hartsickdiscipl

That's the impression I got. And I do know all about Alex Jones. Been an infowars reader for years. At this point Alex Jones really is just hurting his own cause. Yeah, all the sh!t he was yelling out was facts, and relevant references, but he did just that. Yell. All he did. Just screaming at everyone like a moron, and yelling out talking points, as if anyone is actually going to listen, and go google it. I can't imagine that he actually thinks that helps.

On the contrary. This unconstitutional sh!t has gone too far. It's time that people got mad and loud. There is nothing wrong with getting riled up for what you think is right and wrong.

I agree 100%. Unfortunately, that's still not the way to get people to listen. I highly doubt a single person who watched that "debate" tonight, and wasn't already a gun rights supporter, had their mind changed by it. People who are on the fence about the issue, or just aren't particularly invested in it, watched him tonight and thought, "wow. This guy is an a$$hole. I'm not even going to listen to his bullsh!t".

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

you finished? yes and then he proceeds to continue his rant lol its classic.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

the_bi99man

I agree 100%. Unfortunately, that's still not the way to get people to listen. I highly doubt a single person who watched that "debate" tonight, and wasn't already a gun rights supporter, had their mind changed by it. People who are on the fence about the issue, or just aren't particularly invested in it, watched him tonight and thought, "wow. This guy is an a$$hole. I'm not even going to listen to his bullsh!t".

I'm sure there's some truth to that. TBH, the people who will stand up and do something when the sh!t hits the fan are the ones who will listen to a good, old-fashioned rant like that. People who are worth their salt can see through the delivery and the messenger to the message and it's importance, if they are willing to take any action at all. He came out swinging with some cold, hard facts before he went into full rant mode.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ace6301

leviathan91
Indeed. Alex Jones is actually more likely to cause damage to the anti-gun control group considering everyone knows he's a conspiracy nut who thinks everything is a satanic alien NWO conspiracy. Perhaps that was actually what Piers wanted (God knows if I was a douchy interviewer likes Piers that would be my angle). Someone like Penn Jillette would be a much better choice given that he's usually calm, collected, well spoken and in this case has an opposing view to Piers. Instead we get Alex Jones screaming for several minutes combining statistics (I didn't feel like getting yelled at for 10 minutes so I can't confirm or deny if they're accurate) with nutty conspiracy stuff.
majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 majoras_wrath
Member since 2005 • 6062 Posts
I love when they have paranoid schizophrenics on live TV :hmm:
-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

the_bi99man

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

Ace6301

Indeed. Alex Jones is actually more likely to cause damage to the anti-gun control group considering everyone knows he's a conspiracy nut who thinks everything is a satanic alien NWO conspiracy. Perhaps that was actually what Piers wanted (God knows if I was a douchy interviewer likes Piers that would be my angle). Someone like Penn Jillette would be a much better choice given that he's usually calm, collected, well spoken and in this case has an opposing view to Piers. Instead we get Alex Jones screaming for several minutes combining statistics (I didn't feel like getting yelled at for 10 minutes so I can't confirm or deny if they're accurate) with nutty conspiracy stuff.

You know that I believe in the NWO. I believe that it was foretold in Revelation. I believe that Alex has the right idea and the facts to back it up. I fact-check him frequently after listening to his show. His information is solid the vast majority of the time. The picture painted by what's happening in the world right now ain't pretty.

Anyhow.. I agree that he probably didn't make many new converts to his viewpoint tonight. I can see how people would think that he's just a raving nutjob. Frankly, I can think of a few better ways of swaying people to my side than what he did tonight. You can't deny that he didn't let Piers run the show. I think that was the idea. The only way to get a word in edgewise with Piers in debate mode is to run over the top of him. You can't stick to his question format or follow his path of leading (and often unconsequential) questions if you're going to say what you came to say.

As an Alex Jones listener and an Infowars subscriber, I was very motivated by watching the show tonight. I'm sure it didn't help matters that Alex was detained by the TSA in Austin today on his way to NYC. He was especially rambunctious.

Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Lotus-Edge
Member since 2008 • 50513 Posts

IDK how many of you saw this, but Piers Morgan had a particularly lively show tonight. His debate guest was Alex Jones

hartsickdiscipl

And that's where I stopped caring....

LLYNCES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LLYNCES
Member since 2012 • 378 Posts

The part where he did the English accent was the best part.

But seriously, I mostly agree'd with him. People always want to look at something to blame instead of the person, whether it's guns, knives, video games, movies or music. You cant take away liberty to stop crimes from happening, if you ban guns people who want them bad enough will still get them via black market which just creates more crime, and those people will still shoot up schools. Disarming the public only puts the public in more danger.

I don't know why people can't grasp this. Defend your second amendment, don't be pushed over like us people in other countries. I'm not saying I agree with Alex Jones on everything or that I'm a follower of his, but he's pretty spot on with this.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hartsickdiscipl

how does alex jones destroy him? all he's doing is yelling over piers and not even giving him a chance to talk. piers is the one who destroys him when he says "how many gun murders were there in britain last year?" then alex jones has to bring up chimpanzees and sharks and knives. "35 to 10,000 do you know that?" no responseJustSignedUp

You missed the more important point, which Alex repeated several times. Fewer gun murders, but more violent crime. More beatings, knife murders, etc.. Piers' point was well.. pointless. That statistic doesn't mean much. If you ban coke because it's making people fat, and they drink Dr. Pepper instead and get even fatter... you've failed.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts

The part where he did the English accent was the best part.

But seriously, I mostly agree'd with him. People always want to look at something to blame instead of the person, whether it's guns, knives, video games, movies or music. You cant take away liberty to stop crimes from happening, if you ban guns people who want them bad enough will still get them via black market which just creates more crime, and those people will still shoot up schools. Disarming the public only puts the public in more danger.

I don't know why people can't grasp this. Defend your second amendment, don't be pushed over like us people in other countries. I'm not saying I agree with Alex Jones on everything or that I'm a follower of his, but he's pretty spot on with this.

LLYNCES