Alec Baldwin accidentally shoots two people on movie set.

• 66 results
Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Pretty sure Alec has stated or at least inferred in the past that those that don't share his worldview or even disagree with him on it should be killed. Perhaps she disagreed with him?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Telekill said:

Pretty sure Alec has stated or at least inferred in the past that those that don't share his worldview or even disagree with him on it should be killed. Perhaps she disagreed with him?

Way to push your agenda.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Telekill

@LJS9502_basic: Save it. Baldwin has always been a pompous POS. I have no sympathy for him. Dumbass should have checked his gun after it had been checked by someone with more than half a brain cell. It's gun safety 101. Their incompetence led to someone's death.

Agenda my ass.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 LJS9502_basic

@Telekill said:

@LJS9502_basic: Save it. Baldwin has always been a pompous POS. I have no sympathy for him. Dumbass should have checked his gun after it had been checked by someone with more than half a brain cell. It's gun safety 101. Their incompetence led to someone's death.

Agenda my ass.

You have an agenda. Don't pretend otherwise. Also movies hire experts to do just that and they are the ones at fault here.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Telekill

@LJS9502_basic: Get over yourself. Those so called experts are at fault. Yes. Baldwin shares the responsibility and is also at fault as he was the one handling the gun. You ALWAYS check a gun you're handling. ALWAYS!

I recommend you take a gun safety course.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LJS9502_basic

@Telekill said:

@LJS9502_basic: Get over yourself. Those so called experts are at fault. Yes. Baldwin shares the responsibility and is also at fault as he was the one handling the gun. You ALWAYS check a gun you're handling. ALWAYS!

I suggest you learn about Hollywood.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#57 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

This reminds when a student put a pipette into a tube that was connected to an air valve and the pipette shot out like a bullet. Could have probably killed somebody.

This is why you take safety precautions.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Telekill said:

Agenda my ass.

You have an agenda. Don't pretend otherwise. Also movies hire experts to do just that and they are the ones at fault here.

This is why I am always concerned with the whole "jury of our peers" part of our legal system lol.

@Telekill said:

You're not entirely wrong concerning the general handling of a firearm, but the fact is there are safety experts and "armorers" on set whenever there are stunts and especially when there are guns. The movie industry is unionized and full of very rich people with very good lawyers; it is in everyone's interest to be safe and even if the actor is a pompous ass (as you allege Baldwin is), the fact is that even a total idiot would be relatively safe with a prop gun on set.

Baldwin would not have had the gun in his hand, ready to fire, if it was not given the OK by the armorer and/or safety folks.

Accidents happen. Or, if this was a mistake, Baldwin was most likely not at fault, no matter how badly you want him to be...

The only real solution here is to not have guns capable of discharging a round, blank or real, on set at all.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2409 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

The only real solution here is to not have guns capable of discharging a round, blank or real, on set at all.

Sometimes you need a gun capable of firing rounds. Like if it's one of those many shots in which we see rounds being chambered. If it can chamber fake rounds, it can chamber real ones. Sometimes it also helps to see the recoil, smoke, muzzle flash (if the filmmakers choose that aesthetic) and the ejection of the casing. Most filmmakes just aren't gonna be able to make it all look that nice in post-production. I can see lighting the surroundings according to the muzzle flash being difficult too.

If there was a record of deaths significantly higher than one in the tens of thousands of gunshots filmed, one person in 28 years of American filmmaking, you guys would have a point. But it's really a complete nonissue. An extra expenditure made unnecessary by all the policies that the armorer, director (who said the gun was cold on set) and actor/producer broke.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 LJS9502_basic

@warm_gun said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Sometimes you need a gun capable of firing rounds. Like if it's one of those many shots in which we see rounds being chambered. If it can chamber fake rounds, it can chamber real ones. Sometimes it also helps to see the recoil, smoke, muzzle flash (if the filmmakers choose that aesthetic) and the ejection of the casing. Most filmmakes just aren't gonna be able to make it all look that nice in post-production. I can see lighting the surroundings according to the muzzle flash being difficult too.

If there was a record of deaths significantly higher than one in the tens of thousands of gunshots filmed, one person in 28 years of American filmmaking, you guys would have a point. But it's really a complete nonissue. An extra expenditure made unnecessary by all the policies that the armorer, director (who said the gun was cold on set) and actor/producer broke.

Always interesting to see the people that complain about any attempt at gun legislation suddenly on the other side. There aren't that many instances of gun deaths on set, so we can assume they are careful. I think the last one we heard about was Brandon Lee in 1993.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

News coming out from the investigation that this was, in fact, a live round, and that the armorer is saying through her lawyer she has no idea where it came from. She didn’t even know live rounds were present, or at least is claiming.

She’s also laying blame at a sloppy and disorganized production, for which a film crew walked off the set a few days before exactly due to safety concerns. There’s additionally rumors that live rounds were brought on set so the crew could goof off doing target practice on their down time.

Christ.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Are you guys even allowed to forbid anyone from carrying live rounds anywhere. Isn't that communism or whatever?

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Warm_Gun

“I’m shocked and saddened by her death,” assistant director David Halls said. “It’s my hope that this tragedy prompts the industry to reevaluate its values and practices to ensure no one is harmed through the creative process again.”

What an asshole. No responsibility. It's the industry's fault, not his. Why did he even open his mouth?

https://nypost.com/2021/11/01/rust-ad-david-halls-breaks-silence-on-alec-baldwin-shooting/

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 MirkoS77

I know someone is responsible, it’s just not me”.

New interview from Baldwin. This guy. 🙄 You were handed a gun and didn’t check it, you pointed it at someone and pulled the trigger. Two fundamental gun safety violations right there.

Can‘t say I don’t much understand his attempts to belittle his own accountability so he can live with himself, he needs to believe he’s not responsible for peace of mind.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Warm_Gun

@MirkoS77:

"Well, the trigger wasn't pulled. I didn't pull the trigger."

The gun was haunted.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MirkoS77

@warm_gun: yeah, read that.

Sounds like he half-cocked and had an accidental hammer drop, which is just as bad.

I do wonder if this was indeed sabotage from a disgruntled crew member who wanted to show just how unsafe everything was on set and it backfired. It’s remarkable to me that a live round ended up in a gun in an actor’s hands. For that to have happened there must’ve been layers upon layers of safety failures.