AC/DC: Most Overrated Band In History

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 Nick11478
Member since 2006 • 1628 Posts
[QUOTE="Nick11478"]

[QUOTE="Mudig"]Led Zeppelin AND AC/DC are both overrated and make sucky music.blooddemon666

OMG!!!! Led Zeppelin sucks?????!!!! Are you kidding me. LZ and The Beatles are the most influential and most talented bands of all time. I guarentee that your like rap and all that stupid stuff that you call music.

I can't say talented, but they are very influential in music.

Okay I bet you couldn't even name all the members in the band. And Jimmy Page is considered one of the best guitarists of all time. According to The Rolling Stone Magazine he is ranked 9th all time. So if you think they arn't talented then you have absolutly no idea what you're talking about. 

TalkToThHoff96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 TalkToThHoff96
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts
[QUOTE="Nick11478"][QUOTE="Serraph105"]

[QUOTE="TalkToThHoff96"]acdc is the worst band to be in the hall of fame, they are so overrated and they suck, juss like every other "hard" rock band, the lead singer cant sing Serraph105

now thats just not true i believe they just sing diffrently in a way people, and by the way i dont include u in people cause your obviously up Uranus" that people love for instance i love Godsmack and apparently everyone that went to Robert Stadium that night i saw them in concert does too

What in the hell are you talking about..? I'm am seriously puzzled about what you just said. I don't understand what you're trying to say. 

well maybe it would have helped it i had used punctuation huh anyhoo in a nutshell what that ment to point out was that just because he doesnt like hard rock does not mean that all hard rock lead singers cant sing

please leave and hard rock singers are some of the worst ive ever heard
Mudig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 Mudig
Member since 2007 • 1567 Posts
[QUOTE="blooddemon666"][QUOTE="Nick11478"]

[QUOTE="Mudig"]Led Zeppelin AND AC/DC are both overrated and make sucky music.Nick11478

OMG!!!! Led Zeppelin sucks?????!!!! Are you kidding me. LZ and The Beatles are the most influential and most talented bands of all time. I guarentee that your like rap and all that stupid stuff that you call music.

Okay I bet you couldn't even name all the members in the band. And Jimmy Page is considered one of the best guitarists of all time. According to The Rolling Stone Magazine he is ranked 9th all time. So if you think they arn't talented then you have absolutly no idea what you're talking about.

If it doesn't sound good or if it all sounds the same boring stuff, then what difference does it make?  

Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Nick11478
[QUOTE="Nick11478"][QUOTE="blooddemon666"][QUOTE="Nick11478"]

[QUOTE="Mudig"]Led Zeppelin AND AC/DC are both overrated and make sucky music.Mudig

If it doesn't sound good or if it all sounds the same boring stuff, then what difference does it make?

It doesn't all sound the same. You probably havn't heard 10 Zeppelin songs in your life.  

solidscryer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 solidscryer
Member since 2005 • 5661 Posts
[QUOTE="solidscryer"]

[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"]that honor belongs to the Beatles/Rolling StonesApocalypse33

How would The Beatles be ovverated? They did more than make music. They influenced a whole generation, kicked off the Summer Of Love, and IMO helped stop comminism. And they're music stays with you, not just passes by you, like AC/DC and KISS stuff.

everyone states how influential the Beatles were but doesnt realize another band could have easily filled the void, and if you want to talk about influence than all classical composers should have more credit than any artist within the past century because they created the music genre and paved the way for what we have now

They picked The Beatles to fill that void because they feel close to them. I don't know what it is about them, but people feel really close to them just from their music. How did c.lassical composers create rock?

RustyScrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 RustyScrew
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts

I never liked classic rock. Well aside from ZZ Top.

Period.

Mudig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Mudig
[QUOTE="Mudig"][QUOTE="Nick11478"][QUOTE="blooddemon666"][QUOTE="Nick11478"]

[QUOTE="Mudig"]Led Zeppelin AND AC/DC are both overrated and make sucky music.Nick11478

It doesn't all sound the same. You probably havn't heard 10 Zeppelin songs in your life.

Everytime I'm at my friend's house he puts a song from Led Zepplin on, and to be honest...it's great that they're talented but the music doesn't sound good to me. I like Deep Purple better. 

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#58 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
OMG!!!! Led Zeppelin sucks?????!!!! Are you kidding me. LZ and The Beatles are the most influential and most talented bands of all time. I guarentee that your like rap and all that stupid stuff that you call music. Nick11478

They are overrated. They are not the "gods of rock" that even I used to believe. They have influenced many groups and genres along the way but they have taken a lot of what they have used from previous sources. Many early Zeppelin tracks are remakes of older Blues standards with a hard rock twist. That is somewhat creative but it is not as innovative as many make it out to be. They have also stolen quite a bit of material and not given credit for it... even the opening riff of Stairway to Heaven is ripped off.

Just because someone attacks your favourite band because they do not find the music appealing, does not mean you should attack their tastes. People like different things and are allowed to have opinions.
Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Apocalypse33
Member since 2006 • 19413 Posts
[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="solidscryer"]

[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"]that honor belongs to the Beatles/Rolling Stonessolidscryer

How would The Beatles be ovverated? They did more than make music. They influenced a whole generation, kicked off the Summer Of Love, and IMO helped stop comminism. And they're music stays with you, not just passes by you, like AC/DC and KISS stuff.

everyone states how influential the Beatles were but doesnt realize another band could have easily filled the void, and if you want to talk about influence than all classical composers should have more credit than any artist within the past century because they created the music genre and paved the way for what we have now

They picked The Beatles to fill that void because they feel close to them. I don't know what it is about them, but people feel really close to them just from their music. How did c.lassical composers create rock?

they created music which created rock, rock wouldnt just magically appear out of thin air would it? Just like how blues influenced Hip-hop

edit: how can you feel close to a band who dealt with issues from decades before your birth, with half of the band being dead before you were even alive? 

Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Apocalypse33
[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"]that honor belongs to the Beatles/Rolling StonesTalkToThHoff96
ill agree with you about the stones but if u think the beatles are overated then u are a moron

i guess im a moron then
Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Nick11478
[QUOTE="solidscryer"]

[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"]that honor belongs to the Beatles/Rolling StonesApocalypse33

What the hell did clasical composers have to do with Rock and Roll?

solidscryer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 solidscryer
[QUOTE="solidscryer"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="solidscryer"]

they created music which created rock, rock wouldnt just magically appear out of thin air would it? Just like how blues influenced Hip-hop

Blues and country made rock >_>

Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Apocalypse33
[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="solidscryer"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="solidscryer"]

[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"]that honor belongs to the Beatles/Rolling Stonessolidscryer

how did those start?
TalkToThHoff96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 TalkToThHoff96
[QUOTE="TalkToThHoff96"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"]that honor belongs to the Beatles/Rolling StonesApocalypse33
ill agree with you about the stones but if u think the beatles are overated then u are a moron

i guess im a moron then

guess so
solidscryer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 solidscryer
[QUOTE="solidscryer"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="solidscryer"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="solidscryer"]

how did those start?

When slaves made guitars to play on Sundays for worship. That was blues.
Country was blues but white people took it from their slaves and made it their own.

AlexRA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 AlexRA
Member since 2006 • 2004 Posts

I really don't understand why everyone loves them. My personal favorite bands are Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Kinks, and The Who. So as you can see all classic rock and all 80's rock. But AC/DC was just simply awful. The drumming was so simple I could teach a monkey to drum to 95% of their songs. The guitar was also very simple. Angus Young was ranked I think 93rd of the best guitarist of all time. I really don't even think he belongs in the top 300. The vocals are just annoying as all hell. I'm sorry but screaming like he did was just not talented. Does anyone agree with me?Nick11478

I agree every song sounds the same thanks for making this thread.

blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 blooddemon666
Member since 2003 • 22587 Posts

Nick11478

No, I couldn't. I can't name all the members of my favorite bands. I don't really care about the people, I care about what the band plays.

Those bands did play some very good stuff. great riffs, some good lyrics, all around good songs. But to me, they weren't too consistent. They had about a 50-50 thing going on with their albums.

Its always difficult to argue a difference in taste, seeing as everyone is different. I just put my opinion out there, I'm sorry that it conflicts with what you think. 

Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Nick11478

[QUOTE="TalkToThHoff96"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"]that honor belongs to the Beatles/Rolling StonesApocalypse33

i guess im a moron then

I really don't think anyone is going to listen to you with a Eminem sig... Rappers have no talent and you know it. Senceless rhyming about NOTHING! That's all it is. If you can give me 3 talents that you need to be a rapper I would love to know them.  

Mudig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Mudig
Like I said, Deep Purple is a lot better than AC/DC and Led Zepplin.
solidscryer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 solidscryer

[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="TalkToThHoff96"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"]that honor belongs to the Beatles/Rolling StonesNick11478

i guess im a moron then

I really don't think anyone is going to listen to you with a Eminem sig... Rappers have no talent and you know it. Senceless rhyming about NOTHING! That's all it is. If you can give me 3 talents that you need to be a rapper I would love to know them.  

A lot of people agree. Bob Dylan made rap....

ninersfan343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ninersfan343
Member since 2006 • 514 Posts
[QUOTE="Nick11478"][QUOTE="blooddemon666"][QUOTE="Nick11478"]

[QUOTE="Mudig"]Led Zeppelin AND AC/DC are both overrated and make sucky music.Mudig

It doesnt sound the same at all.  Led-Zeppelin has a large vaiety of songs
gamefreakomega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 gamefreakomega
Member since 2003 • 3732 Posts

[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="TalkToThHoff96"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"]that honor belongs to the Beatles/Rolling StonesTalkToThHoff96

i guess im a moron then

guess so

The Beatles are overrated.

Any band widely regarded as "the best band ever" is overrated. 

Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Apocalypse33

[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="TalkToThHoff96"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"]that honor belongs to the Beatles/Rolling StonesNick11478

i guess im a moron then

big vocabulary, sense of rhythm and wit, and if they can produce thats a plus too. BTW you are very ignorant
Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Apocalypse33
[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="solidscryer"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="solidscryer"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="solidscryer"]

how did those start?

Country was blues but white people took it from their slaves and made it their own.

my point is not ****cal music directly influenced music today but how it started the whole musical movement allowing for music to progress as it has.
solidscryer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 solidscryer

[QUOTE="TalkToThHoff96"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="TalkToThHoff96"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"]that honor belongs to the Beatles/Rolling Stonesgamefreakomega

i guess im a moron then

guess so

The Beatles remain the best commercially successful band ever.
Most of their music is timeless.
They influenced a generation. (looks, music etc...)

Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Taegukki
Member since 2005 • 13241 Posts
I think U2 and Green Day are more overrated...
dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 dissonantblack
Member since 2005 • 34009 Posts
i don't think AC/DC is that great either. i hate it when people are like "OMG you don't like them? what's wrong with you?" although i don't think they are the most over rated band ever.
solidscryer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 solidscryer
[QUOTE="solidscryer"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="solidscryer"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="solidscryer"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="solidscryer"]

how did those start?

my point is not ****cal music directly influenced music today but how it started the whole musical movement allowing for music to progress as it has.

You're right about that. Without ****cal music, there wouldn't be string-quartet for "Yesterday"

But really. The Beatles lifted music off it's knees and made kick-ass music.

Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Nick11478
[QUOTE="Nick11478"]

[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="TalkToThHoff96"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"]that honor belongs to the Beatles/Rolling StonesApocalypse33

i guess im a moron then

big vocabulary, sense of rhythm and wit, and if they can produce thats a plus too. BTW you are very ignorant

Big vocabulary.... It must be about 5 words. B****, H**, Rims, Spinnahs, Weed. HUGE VOCAB!!!! 

gamefreakomega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 gamefreakomega
[QUOTE="gamefreakomega"]

[QUOTE="TalkToThHoff96"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="TalkToThHoff96"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"]that honor belongs to the Beatles/Rolling Stonessolidscryer

i guess im a moron then

guess so

Them being overrated doesn't make them any less of a band.

It just means that they aren't as good as a lot of people say they are.

Beaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Beaman
Member since 2005 • 7305 Posts
I'll agree that they're overrated because every single one of their songs sound the same. But there are more overrated bands out there.
TalkToThHoff96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 TalkToThHoff96
i don't think AC/DC is that great either. i hate it when people are like "OMG you don't like them? what's wrong with you?" although i don't think they are the most over rated band ever. dissonantblack
thats exactly whatevery person that i say that to says to me, im like ur a dumbass, they are a terrible band
solidscryer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 solidscryer
[QUOTE="solidscryer"][QUOTE="gamefreakomega"]

[QUOTE="TalkToThHoff96"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="TalkToThHoff96"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"]that honor belongs to the Beatles/Rolling Stonesgamefreakomega

i guess im a moron then

guess so

Them being overrated doesn't make them any less of a band.

It just means that they aren't as good as a lot of people say they are.

Give some of their music some time. You may even find a song that totally fits you or cheers you up. Maybe then you'll agree that they're the greatest band ever.

Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Apocalypse33
[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="Nick11478"]

i guess im a moron then

Big vocabulary.... It must be about 5 words. B****, H**, Rims, Spinnahs, Weed. HUGE VOCAB!!!!

you listen to too much radio, go listen to Illmatic or the Marshall Mathers LP and you will see the artists have more creative talent than the majority of rock bands
Mudig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Mudig
[QUOTE="Nick11478"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="Nick11478"]

[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="TalkToThHoff96"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"]that honor belongs to the Beatles/Rolling StonesApocalypse33

i guess im a moron then

you listen to too much radio, go listen to Illmatic or the Marshall Mathers LP and you will see the artists have more creative talent than the majority of rock bands

If I asked you to listen to Industrial music and hear and feel the creativity...would you? 

weltall1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 weltall1028
Member since 2007 • 4775 Posts
KISS is the most overrated band in history, some of the lamest guitar riffs I've heard in my life. At least AC/DC knows how to write good riffs, instead of putting on make-up, and throwing some party lyrics over some bland guitar.
Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Apocalypse33
[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="Nick11478"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="Nick11478"]

[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="TalkToThHoff96"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"]that honor belongs to the Beatles/Rolling StonesMudig

i guess im a moron then

If I asked you to listen to Industrial music and hear and feel the creativity...would you?

depends
Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Nick11478

i guess im a moron then

I used to like rap about 2 years ago and I have heard the Marshall Mathers LP. And talking about raping your mother is not talent to me. Eminem does not play any instuments. And it's not like he's singing.. He is talking rhythmically. 

dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 dissonantblack

[QUOTE="dissonantblack"]i don't think AC/DC is that great either. i hate it when people are like "OMG you don't like them? what's wrong with you?" although i don't think they are the most over rated band ever. TalkToThHoff96
thats exactly whatevery person that i say that to says to me, im like ur a dumbass, they are a terrible band

you know what it is? it's a group speech. if too many people start to like something. then it creates a social opression in which if you refuse to like what is popular than you are outcasted. i used to let it get to but not anymore. don't let people like that get you down.  

TalkToThHoff96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 TalkToThHoff96
KISS is the most overrated band in history, some of the lamest guitar riffs I've heard in my life. At least AC/DC knows how to write good riffs, instead of putting on make-up, and throwing some party lyrics over some bland guitar.weltall1028
they both suck
gamefreakomega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 gamefreakomega

Give some of their music some time. You may even find a song that totally fits you or cheers you up. Maybe then you'll agree that they're the greatest band ever.

solidscryer
I've listened to quite a bit of their music. "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" was my absolute favorite song for quite some time. Still, any band widely regarded as the greatest band ever is overrated.
Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Nick11478

i guess im a moron then

And by the way I don't listen to the radio at all. 

dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 dissonantblack

Mudig

excellent suggestion. industrial is one of the most diverse genres of music. there's industrial rock, industrial techno, metal and all other sorts. there's an industrial band for everyone.  

Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Apocalypse33
[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="Nick11478"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="Nick11478"]

i guess im a moron then

I used to like rap about 2 years ago and I have heard the Marshall Mathers LP. And talking about raping your mother is not talent to me. Eminem does not play any instuments. And it's not like he's singing.. He is talking rhythmically.

he never talks about raping his own mother....so if i can play the guitar i am automatically better than a rapper, sounds like faulty logic
Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Apocalypse33

i guess im a moron then

then you are not listening to the right rap
Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Nick11478
[QUOTE="Nick11478"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="Nick11478"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="Nick11478"]

i guess im a moron then

he never talks about raping his own mother....so if i can play the guitar i am automatically better than a rapper, sounds like faulty logic

YOU SURE AS HELL ARE! Please if you can list me 5 rap songs that have changed the world. I would give you 1 million dollars. 

Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Nick11478
[QUOTE="Nick11478"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="Nick11478"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="Nick11478"]

i guess im a moron then

then you are not listening to the right rap

I don't listen to rap at all... I'm above rap and mainstream music. 

dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 dissonantblack

i guess im a moron then

it's alot harder than it looks. it's all about being able to talk fast without stuttering and staying in beat. i deffinetly can't do it.  

Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Apocalypse33
[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="Nick11478"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="Nick11478"][QUOTE="Apocalypse33"][QUOTE="Nick11478"]

i guess im a moron then

YOU SURE AS HELL ARE! Please if you can list me 5 rap songs that have changed the world. I would give you 1 million dollars.

list me any songs that have changed the world...i will list great songs

1. Changes-2Pac

2.  Til I collapse- Eminem3

3. Forgive Me- Proof

Â