AC/DC: Most Overrated Band In History

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Nick11478
Member since 2006 • 1628 Posts
I really don't understand why everyone loves them. My personal favorite bands are Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Kinks, and The Who. So as you can see all classic rock and all 80's rock. But AC/DC was just simply awful. The drumming was so simple I could teach a monkey to drum to 95% of their songs. The guitar was also very simple. Angus Young was ranked I think 93rd of the best guitarist of all time. I really don't even think he belongs in the top 300. The vocals are just annoying as all hell. I'm sorry but screaming like he did was just not talented. Does anyone agree with me?
tomxizor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 tomxizor
Member since 2004 • 11767 Posts
Rock shouldn't be complicated. It should be loud, wild, enjoyable, and simplistic. It's good either way IMO, complicated or simplistic.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Calling AC/DC overrated and saying you like Led Zeppelin is kind of an oxymoron... :?

AC/DC have produced many "likable" songs, that is why they are popular. It may not be hard to play them but they sure are fun to listen to.
Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nick11478
So you're saying that Angus Young produces better music than Jimmy Page. Bon something has a better voice than Robert Plant, and Whoever-the-hell AC/DC's drummer is, is better than John Bonham. I really think you should re-evaluate
solidscryer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 solidscryer
Member since 2005 • 5661 Posts
Ringo Starr has simple drumming......>_>
bkno4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bkno4u
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts
Pink Floyd begs to differ.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 foxhound_fox
So you're saying that Angus Young produces better music than Jimmy Page. Bon something has a better voice than Robert Plant, and Whoever-the-hell AC/DC's drummer is, is better than John Bonham. I really think you should re-evaluateNick11478

I never brought skill into the equation... you are putting words into my message that I never wrote. They produce "likable" songs that people can dance to and enjoy listening to. Listening to Led Zeppelin takes more of an "ear" to sort out what is musically going on because the skill of the instrumentalists is higher and the complexity of the songs is greater. Led Zeppelin is fairly overrated as well.
PainKiller_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PainKiller_25
Member since 2006 • 2614 Posts

AC/DC is a great band, simple yes... stupid,...maybe, but well most of rock is about that

Try to create a riff better than  Angus and well then.. we should talk 

(Led zeppelin is my favorite band and i like the kinks, the who , and the beatles  too )

Avatar image for deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
Member since 2003 • 8419 Posts
I might have agreed with you if you just said over-rated. Of all-time, hardly.
Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nick11478

Ringo Starr has simple drumming......>_>solidscryer

I agree with you, but the drums were not revolutionized until Keith Moon of The Who came along.  

blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 blooddemon666
Member since 2003 • 22587 Posts
They're good, the singer's voice can get on one's nerves quite qucikly though.
9mmSpliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 9mmSpliff
Member since 2005 • 21751 Posts
theyre a good group
Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nick11478

theyre a good group 9mmSpliff

Hardly... 

9mmSpliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 9mmSpliff

[QUOTE="9mmSpliff"]theyre a good group Nick11478

Hardly...

Im more into rap, hiphop, trance, techno, house and then rock. but they are a good group none the less. If you grew up playing hockey, then you would appreciate them more, cause usually every team had some AC/DC. Rolling Stones, Doors, Hendrix, were  better yes.

Whos your favorite? The White Stripes? Nickleback?

You cant say they werent good though, theyre sales prove it.

ninersfan343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ninersfan343
Member since 2006 • 514 Posts
I used to love AC/DC but then I started to listen to more bands(Led-Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple just to name a few) and relised how bad AC/DC was in comparison 
whos_next000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 whos_next000
Member since 2006 • 11892 Posts

[QUOTE="solidscryer"]Ringo Starr has simple drumming......>_>Nick11478

I agree with you, but the drums were not revolutionized until Keith Moon of The Who came along.

Moonie is a god.
solidscryer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 solidscryer

IMO I don't like AC/DC because 9.99% of their songs sound the same.

Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nick11478
[QUOTE="Nick11478"]

[QUOTE="9mmSpliff"]theyre a good group 9mmSpliff

Hardly...

Im more into rap, hiphop, trance, techno, house and then rock. but they are a good group none the less. If you grew up playing hockey, then you would appreciate them more, cause usually every team had some AC/DC.

I'm lost... Are you asking me who my favorite is? Or everyone. My favorites are Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Kinks, The Who, The Animals, I could go on and on. 

9mmSpliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 9mmSpliff
[QUOTE="9mmSpliff"][QUOTE="Nick11478"]

Hardly...

Im more into rap, hiphop, trance, techno, house and then rock. but they are a good group none the less. If you grew up playing hockey, then you would appreciate them more, cause usually every team had some AC/DC.

I'm lost... Are you asking me who my favorite is? Or everyone. My favorites are Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Kinks, The Who, The Animals, I could go on and on.

Yeah I agreet with the beatles, zepplin and the who were better, but I like Hendrix, the doors and the stones more.  Along with KISS actually too.   

Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nick11478

I used to love AC/DC but then I started to listen to more bands(Led-Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple just to name a few) and relised how bad AC/DC was in comparison ninersfan343

I was in the same situation! I was completly like that. I used to like AC/DC but as I grew into classic rock I realized that they we're just god awful. 

whodeysay85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 whodeysay85
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
[QUOTE="9mmSpliff"][QUOTE="Nick11478"]

Hardly...

you seem to have a great taste for music. I love all the bands that you have mentioned. I find AC/DC enjoyable enough. Sure a lot of their songs are simple and sound similar...but We Salute You and some other tunes get me going every time. I think they are a great band.
solidscryer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 solidscryer
[QUOTE="Nick11478"]

[QUOTE="solidscryer"]Ringo Starr has simple drumming......>_>whos_next000

Moonie is a god.

Neil Peart FTW!

VodkaLemIn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 VodkaLemIn
Member since 2005 • 203 Posts
[QUOTE="Nick11478"]So you're saying that Angus Young produces better music than Jimmy Page. Bon something has a better voice than Robert Plant, and Whoever-the-hell AC/DC's drummer is, is better than John Bonham. I really think you should re-evaluatefoxhound_fox

I never brought skill into the equation... you are putting words into my message that I never wrote. They produce "likable" songs that people can dance to and enjoy listening to. Listening to Led Zeppelin takes more of an "ear" to sort out what is musically going on because the skill of the instrumentalists is higher and the complexity of the songs is greater. Led Zeppelin is fairly overrated as well.

So with your logic, Techno > Rock right? Because techno has more beats and more things musically going on, and you have to pay really close attention to here everything. I like this mans logic.
blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blooddemon666

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="Nick11478"]So you're saying that Angus Young produces better music than Jimmy Page. Bon something has a better voice than Robert Plant, and Whoever-the-hell AC/DC's drummer is, is better than John Bonham. I really think you should re-evaluateVodkaLemIn

So with your logic, Techno > Rock right? Because techno has more beats and more things musically going on, and you have to pay really close attention to here everything. I like this mans logic.

with techno you just sit behind a computer and synth everything.

with rock, jazz and such, You actually have to have a knowledge of an instrument. and in my opinion, it takes much more skill to play an instrument then do stuff on the computer. 

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts
[QUOTE="Nick11478"][QUOTE="9mmSpliff"][QUOTE="Nick11478"]

[QUOTE="9mmSpliff"]theyre a good group 9mmSpliff

Hardly...

Yeah I agreet with the beatles, zepplin and the who were better, but I like Hendrix, the doors and the stones more.  Along with KISS actually too.   

AHH KISS i didnt even think about them for some reason but no matter they were great and so was ac/dc the guy who posted this topic is just trying to piss people off

also not one of u has mentioned Bon Jovie who are just awesome and still putting out good stuff today

Super-Skunk420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Super-Skunk420
Member since 2007 • 235 Posts
you seemed to overlook the band KISS
TalkToThHoff96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TalkToThHoff96
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts
acdc is the worst band to be in the hall of fame, they are so overrated and they suck, juss like every other "hard" rock band, the lead singer cant sing
Hero6_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Hero6_basic
Member since 2002 • 1536 Posts
Pretty darn over rated thats for sure, alot fo flash and some substance
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 foxhound_fox
So with your logic, Techno > Rock right? Because techno has more beats and more things musically going on, and you have to pay really close attention to here everything. I like this mans logic.VodkaLemIn

That is not what my logic states. Have you ever played a musical instrument? It takes skill to produce more complex sounds and harmonies that actually work together... making them musical is a whole other story. More notes does not imply complexity...
Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Nick11478
[QUOTE="9mmSpliff"][QUOTE="Nick11478"][QUOTE="9mmSpliff"][QUOTE="Nick11478"]

[QUOTE="9mmSpliff"]theyre a good group Serraph105

Hardly...

Yeah I agreet with the beatles, zepplin and the who were better, but I like Hendrix, the doors and the stones more. Along with KISS actually too.

AHH KISS i didnt even think about them for some reason but no matter they were great and so was ac/dc the guy who posted this topic is just trying to piss people off

also not one of u has mentioned Bon Jovie who are just awesome and still putting out good stuff today

I'm not trying to piss people off. I'm trying to prove a point. Bands like The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Beatles, The Animals, Rush, The Doors, and many many more just blow AC/DC away. Don't just jump to conclusions, read the whole thread so you know the conversation. 

gamefreakomega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gamefreakomega
Member since 2003 • 3732 Posts
AC/DC is very, very overrated. Certainly, not the most overrated in history, but still very overrated.
Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Nick11478

you seemed to overlook the band KISSSuper-Skunk420

Kiss has a ton of talent but I just never really got into them. I'll be sure to listen to some though because I know they have some good talent. 

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Serraph105

acdc is the worst band to be in the hall of fame, they are so overrated and they suck, juss like every other "hard" rock band, the lead singer cant sing TalkToThHoff96

now thats just not true i believe they just sing diffrently in a way people, and by the way i dont include u in people cause your obviously up Uranus" that people love for instance i love Godsmack and apparently everyone that went to Robert Stadium that night i saw them in concert does too

solidscryer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 solidscryer

acdc is the worst band to be in the hall of fame, they are so overrated and they suck, juss like every other "hard" rock band, the lead singer cant sing TalkToThHoff96

Have you heard any early-Led Zeppelin?

ninersfan343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ninersfan343
Member since 2006 • 514 Posts

[QUOTE="TalkToThHoff96"]acdc is the worst band to be in the hall of fame, they are so overrated and they suck, juss like every other "hard" rock band, the lead singer cant sing solidscryer

Have you heard any early-Led Zeppelin?

ya realy robert plant is awsome

Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Nick11478

[QUOTE="TalkToThHoff96"]acdc is the worst band to be in the hall of fame, they are so overrated and they suck, juss like every other "hard" rock band, the lead singer cant sing Serraph105

now thats just not true i believe they just sing diffrently in a way people, and by the way i dont include u in people cause your obviously up Uranus" that people love for instance i love Godsmack and apparently everyone that went to Robert Stadium that night i saw them in concert does too

What in the hell are you talking about..? I'm am seriously puzzled about what you just said. I don't understand what you're trying to say. 

princemarth23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 princemarth23
Member since 2005 • 9229 Posts
Overrated maybe..but I like listening to them anyway.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Serraph105
[QUOTE="Serraph105"]

[QUOTE="TalkToThHoff96"]acdc is the worst band to be in the hall of fame, they are so overrated and they suck, juss like every other "hard" rock band, the lead singer cant sing TalkToThHoff96

now thats just not true i believe they just sing diffrently in a way people, and by the way i dont include u in people cause your obviously up Uranus" that people love for instance i love Godsmack and apparently everyone that went to Robert Stadium that night i saw them in concert does too

your a moron, please leave and never come back

actually id call u a moron for being in a thread discussing hard rock bands when u hate hard rock bands i on the other hand am just a very oppininated individual

Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Apocalypse33
Member since 2006 • 19413 Posts
that honor belongs to the Beatles/Rolling Stones
TalkToThHoff96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TalkToThHoff96
[QUOTE="TalkToThHoff96"][QUOTE="Serraph105"]

[QUOTE="TalkToThHoff96"]acdc is the worst band to be in the hall of fame, they are so overrated and they suck, juss like every other "hard" rock band, the lead singer cant sing Serraph105

actually id call u a moron for being in a thread discussing hard rock bands when u hate hard rock bands i on the other hand am just a very oppininated individual

acdc sucks deal with it
Mudig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Mudig
Member since 2007 • 1567 Posts
Led Zeppelin AND AC/DC are both overrated and make sucky music.
Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nick11478
[QUOTE="TalkToThHoff96"][QUOTE="Serraph105"]

now thats just not true i believe they just sing diffrently in a way people, and by the way i dont include u in people cause your obviously up Uranus" that people love for instance i love Godsmack and apparently everyone that went to Robert Stadium that night i saw them in concert does too

actually id call u a moron for being in a thread discussing hard rock bands when u hate hard rock bands i on the other hand am just a very oppininated individual

Once again you don't make any sence. Where did he say he hates hard rock bands? 

Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Nick11478

Led Zeppelin AND AC/DC are both overrated and make sucky music.Mudig

OMG!!!! Led Zeppelin sucks?????!!!! Are you kidding me. LZ and The Beatles are the most influential and most talented bands of all time. I guarentee that your like rap and all that stupid stuff that you call music. 

solidscryer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 solidscryer

that honor belongs to the Beatles/Rolling StonesApocalypse33

How would The Beatles be overrated? They did more than make music. They influenced a whole generation, kicked off the Summer Of Love, and IMO helped stop communism. And they're music stays with you, not just passes by you, like AC/DC and KISS stuff. The Beatles were a Renaissance to music.

Mudig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mudig
Member since 2007 • 1567 Posts

[QUOTE="Mudig"]Led Zeppelin AND AC/DC are both overrated and make sucky music.Nick11478

OMG!!!! Led Zeppelin sucks?????!!!! Are you kidding me. LZ and The Beatles are the most influential and most talented bands of all time. I guarentee that your like rap and all that stupid stuff that you call music.

No, I don't like rap. I do like rock on occasion but I"m mostly into industrial stuff. 

blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 blooddemon666

[QUOTE="Mudig"]Led Zeppelin AND AC/DC are both overrated and make sucky music.Nick11478

I can't say talented, but they are very influential in music.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Serraph105
[QUOTE="Serraph105"]

[QUOTE="TalkToThHoff96"]acdc is the worst band to be in the hall of fame, they are so overrated and they suck, juss like every other "hard" rock band, the lead singer cant sing Nick11478

What in the hell are you talking about..? I'm am seriously puzzled about what you just said. I don't understand what you're trying to say. 

well maybe it would have helped it i had used punctuation huh anyhoo in a nutshell what that ment to point out was that just because he doesnt like hard rock does not mean that all hard rock lead singers cant sing

Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Apocalypse33
Member since 2006 • 19413 Posts

[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"]that honor belongs to the Beatles/Rolling Stonessolidscryer

How would The Beatles be ovverated? They did more than make music. They influenced a whole generation, kicked off the Summer Of Love, and IMO helped stop comminism. And they're music stays with you, not just passes by you, like AC/DC and KISS stuff.

everyone states how influential the Beatles were but doesnt realize another band could have easily filled the void, and if you want to talk about influence than all classical composers should have more credit than any artist within the past century because they created the music genre and paved the way for what we have now
TalkToThHoff96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TalkToThHoff96
that honor belongs to the Beatles/Rolling StonesApocalypse33
ill agree with you about the stones but if u think the beatles are overated then u are a moron